Obsessed to disappointed?

Disney needs to reboot this ride and make it about 10 times longer. I swear it's the shortest raft ride in any theme park.
It takes longer to load each raft than it does to actually do the ride.
Especially if you're the only 2 English speaking people in the raft :-/

If mentioning that park that shall not be named is allowed, I was disappointed in Gringott's. The line was really long, and the ride seems to last a minute maybe two. Forbidden Journey was way more bang for the buck.

I was disappointed in the Wishes Dessert Party too, especially since we really loved the Illuminations Dessert Party. Luckily, I wasn't really obsessed about it.

If mentioning that park that shall not be named is allowed, I was disappointed in Gringott's. The line was really long, and the ride seems to last a minute maybe two. Forbidden Journey was way more bang for the buck.

I was disappointed in the Wishes Dessert Party too, especially since we really loved the Illuminations Dessert Party. Luckily, I wasn't really obsessed about it.

Actually both Gringotts and FJ have the same ride duration time of 4 minutes. Perhaps you just like FJ more so it seems longer to you?

Well I won't say disappointed but I was definitely deflated after 7dmt. We were there the week before it officially opened. We stalked and stalked to see if there was a soft opening and low and behold there was!!

I was so stoked to be one of the firsts to ride the ride. It was very cute but not what I expected. Now having said all that I adore it now that I've had time to process. I think the hype just made me think it was something it wasn't.

RnRC! I still haven't gotten to ride it. The first time I tried was 2013. We only had one DHS day and it was broken down every time I tried. Tried again on our trip this year with rider swap, as DS is too short to ride. DH rode first and came out raving about how awesome it was. DD decided she wanted to ride with me on the pass. I told her exactly what the ride was, even showed her some video and she swore up and down that she wanted to ride it and begged for me to take her with me. We used the pass, and sure enough, when we got to the loading area DD FLIPPED OUT watching the take-off and made me take her out using the chicken exit. Rider swap pass gone and wasted, strike two for me. I am riding that ride on our next trip no matter what (famous last words...).

I hadn't built it up exactly, but I remember enjoying Lights, Motors Action on my last visit 7 years ago, even though I'm far from being a fan of Cars or chase stunts.
but when I saw it again 2 weeks ago it was total disappointment. 20 minute setup for about 2 minutes of lame action. I hope its the first victim of the proposed redevelopment of Hollywood Studios

I hadn't built it up exactly, but I remember enjoying Lights, Motors Action on my last visit 7 years ago, even though I'm far from being a fan of Cars or chase stunts.
but when I saw it again 2 weeks ago it was total disappointment. 20 minute setup for about 2 minutes of lame action. I hope its the first victim of the proposed redevelopment of Hollywood Studios

Me too! I really enjoyed this attraction the first time we all saw it, but then a few years ago we went back and it was just meh. I think some attractions are only meant to be experienced one time and then they lose something.

Agree with the poster above about Gringotts. Forbidden Journey was much more fun (we rode it 5 times!).

Even though it was our first trip that I've been "hyping" since I was 3 and watched the commercial for it on my Disney VCRs, Disney didn't disappoint. Some friends said I would walk out very disappointed, but I loved it. A few things though:
• I felt so awkward with the characters. Not their fault, but everyone around. I was 19 at the time and felt like I didn't belong. Seeing some people behind the line to meet Pooh, Tigger and Rabbit complaining about the adults in line didn't help. I wish I could've said something, but I'm a chicken.

• Space Mountain was a)uncomfortable b)boring. Same for BTMR. Ok, I shouldn't say boring, but with much much less thrill factor than I expected. But very uncomfortable |:

Actually both Gringotts and FJ have the same ride duration time of 4 minutes. Perhaps you just like FJ more so it seems longer to you?

Touring Plans days that FJ is 6 minutes, and Gringotts is 5 minutes. However, I thought I had read that Gringotts was 2 minutes or maybe I timed it out to that. Perceived bang for the buck is definitely less for Gringotts for us.

Disappointed with - Space Mountain. Rode it once as a kid and it was GREAT. My first "real" coaster. Now - first time I rode it as an adult MANY years later - it's just too jerky. I still like the theming, speed, dark aspect of it, but I feel like I got beat up on the ride.

Oh, I know an attraction that let us down - the Narnia (temp) attraction. I wasn't expecting much, but it was a total nothing. It has also been a temp home for other walk-through movie commercials: Haunted Mansion and PotC come to mind. We skipped PotC, and though the HM version wasn't much, it at least featured some interesting props.

Though we enjoyed much of the Frozen stuff last summer, the Frozen themed snacks were a let down, as was the build a snow man. The latter might have been a bit fun, except it had a very long wait. An hour wait to play with crushed ice (?shaved off the ice rink?)? It stuck us as kind of funny. The Frozen themed snacks were little more than cupcakes with an inch of over-dyed frosting (Mmmm....FD&C Red dye #40!), $5.25 rice krispy treats, and a $10 cup of sugar water! Ooh!

Maelstrom (sp.)
First trip: it was broken
Second trip: line was 60 minutes, went back and it was broken
Third trip: it was broken, but came on line right about when we needed to board the magical express to go home
Fourth trip: closed for refurbishment
Fifth trip: waited in a 60 minute line for 120 minutes, only to find out it broke down

Finally got on with no wait...wow was that worth years of anticipation?

Definitely Toy Story Midway Mania. We knew that there was a lot of hype and it was many people's favorite ride but when we got off, I couldn't help but wonder why people like it so much.

Everybody has different tastes. But I will go with Mission Space! Might try it again on the next trip!

Gringott's is "move a little bit, watch a movie screen, move a little more, watch another movie screen". The action is about 20 seconds IMO (and all painful). At least FJ moves around a bit more!

Gringott's deserved a COASTER. From the moment I saw that scene in the movie I knew they would make a coaster. And I was wrong. They made...a movie.

Disney needs to reboot this ride and make it about 10 times longer. I swear it's the shortest raft ride in any theme park.

I think it was planned that way, but there was some issue with it going into the safari lands or something.

But as for disappointing rides, it's near the top.

I was pretty disappointed with Soarin. When it was over, I thought that was the end of the intro video I was ready for an awesome experience, then it ended.

Same here. And I was i DL no less and looking to be immersed in the California experience.

I might be the only one here but Spaceship Earth. I was trying hard not to fall asleep during that ride but when the seat turned backward to view the "night sky", I could not resist... :cloud9:

Fantasmic. After getting the special dining package, and still needing to get there 30+ minutes before it started, I was excited to finally see it. I was disappointed - I guess I was expecting something different. The projections onto the water were underwhelming, and I didn't find the story very interesting. All in all, I just thought, "This is it??"

I have to add something positive, though hate to be totally negative! Last trip I discovered One Man's Dream, and was just fascinated! I could have easily spent an hour or two there, but was pulled away by a friend who "didn't like museums." That was an unexpected, hidden gem for me!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter