Obsessed to disappointed?

Lisaloo

DIS Veteran
Have you ever become fixated on an elusive attraction/meet and greet/adr, etc only to have it not pan out? My planning is going so well but I am obsessed with getting into Trader Sams for a drink and I don't think it's going to happen. Not really earth-shattering (obviously) but I really want it (said in an obnoxious whiny shrill voice).

If you have the time in your schedule and the abilit to wait a bit, there isn't much reason for it not to happen...if you are worried about the wait time, it hasn't been that terrible. Going on a weekday can help.

I am obsessed with WDW, planning and planning and planning. I try to keep my expectations reasonable. Once I get there, I am force myself to slow down and go with the flow more. I wasn't really really disappointed in anything, I was surprised I did not like a few attractions (Primeval Whirl!!!)

Space Mountain was a major disappointment to me. When I was 11 I rode it for the first time and of course I was terrified. Rode it again at age 34 and was thinking, "this is IT?!?!" lol

Have you ever become fixated on an elusive attraction/meet and greet/adr, etc only to have it not pan out? My planning is going so well but I am obsessed with getting into Trader Sams for a drink and I don't think it's going to happen. Not really earth-shattering (obviously) but I really want it (said in an obnoxious whiny shrill voice).
Some things are worth waiting for.

When I first had a chance to go on the Stitch ride. I was too excited to sleep...then I went on the ride...total disappointment..I don't want to see the ride gone but definitely needs a full make over, looks like there is room for it. Hope the imagineers come up with something.

Your experience may be different, but about a month ago, we went to Trader Sam's on a Sunday evening and got right in with no wait. My husband really wanted to check it out. I was afraid after hearing and reading about the crazy wait times.

There were just two of us. It was around 9:30. We sat at the bar and had drinks and appetizers. It was an enjoyable evening. I'm definitely glad we went. There were actually a few other empty seats in the bar...mostly at the bar. I think all the tables were occupied.

I am really trying to build in time to go to Trader Sam's on our next visit. It looks awesome. Plus, we live the Polynesian and the Enchanted Tiki Room, so it's right up our alley. If you like the Poly and make it over, check out the gift shop. They are supposed to have Poly specific items now. I don't know if the Trader Sam's stuff is in the gift shop though.

I was really excited about traders sams over at DLR and was left dissapointed by the poor service. I am looking forward to checking out it at the Poly, our only trouble is that it only opns at 4 and kids are only allowed in until 8 so it doesnt make it easy to stop on our way to or from somewhere, wish it opened at 12!

Our family got pulled out of line at RD at MK in 2006 (during the Year of a Million Dreams) and brought to the front of a large crowd. I thought it was going to be something awesome!! They had my DS (then 6) blow a whistle to start a line for a character meet and greet. DS(5) and DD(3) weren't happy to be excluded. Then they sent us on our way after hundreds of people had already gotten past us and moved on to the rides! That was not a dream come true.

I was super disappointed with the transformers ride. I think it's the only thing I've really ever had that happen with. But seriously I was not expecting a spider man clone. :( I know I've whined about this before on here lol.

I couldn't agree with you more! This ride was the entire reason we wasted two days and $800 going to US. Should have spent two more days at DW.

I was prepared to feel that way about Be Our Guest because I had a rough time getting adr's for it particularly since we were staying offsite. Then they opened up the adr's for lunch at just the right time so we got to go!

My point is don't give up because you never know.

As for Transformers, we all loved it. The robot characters outside are even better. To each their own.

I am a huge Star Wars fan so I was super pumped to take my son on Star Tours for his first time. He didn't like it that much (pretty young at 3), but he loved everything else so it was not a big deal at all. Super cool thing is he is now really into the movies (through his own discovery which makes it better) and keeps talking about going on the ride when we go back this year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter