O.K. Free Diners, where are you planning your ADRs?

Ok, so my friend and I are going from September 25 - October 6th, and we upgraded to Deluxe, so....here's our hopes for dining!! Also, I've marked everything that's a first time restaurant for us with an *. Input is welcome from everyone!!

Day 1
L: Turf Club*
D: CS OOP during MNSSHP

Day 2
B: Late at Hollywood & Vine
L: Snack credits
D: Yatchman Steakhouse*

Day 3
B: Cape May
L: Nine Dragons*
D: Narcoossee's*

Day 4
B: Snack
L: WCC (it's part of our tour)
D: Hoop-Dee-Doo*

Day 5
B: Kona
L: GF Cafe
D: Artist's Point*

Day 6
B: Snacks
L: Imagineer Lunch at Brown Derby (OOP)*
D: Mama Melrose (hopefully Fantasmic package)

Day 7
B: Boma
L: Tusker's
D: Liberty Tree (we're hoping the character's come back, or else we might change this)

Day 8
B: None, we're sleeping in after MNSSHP the night before
L: Capt'n Jacks*
D: Citrico's*

Day 9
B: 1900 Park Faire
L: Kona
D: Mickey's BBQ*

Day 10
B: Captain's Grill*
L: Le Cellier
D: Snack Credits at the F&WF

Day 11
B: Tusker's
L: Yak and Yeti
D: Jiko*

Departure Day
B: Crystal Palace
L: Liberty Tree Tavern

The only thing we are considering changing is maybe doing the soft opening of the F&WF on arrival day instead of Turf Club. But that would leave us with an extra TS, and I really have no idea where we'd fit that in!! :lmao:

Alice, if the characters aren't back at Liberty Tree, you should consider the Crystal Palace.

I've had lunch and dinner there on other trips and thought the atmosphere and characters there were wonderful. :)

Good luck to you too Arielmomma! :wizard:

If you like the buffets--my family does--consider the Cape May Cafe. We've found it to be a very good Disney buffet, and it's convenient to both DHS and Epcot. We're planning to eat dinner there on DHS EMH night, then try to catch the second showing of Fantasmic.

Thanks for the recommendation! Maybe we'll give it a try!

we're going in sept for 7 nights, and so far my plans are:

chef mickey's - dinner
crystal palace - dinner
1900 park fare - dinner (we have 2 little kids who are super excited about the character meals :))
kona - breakfast
boma - dinner

still trying to decide on our epcot choices. sadly i've ruled out teppan edo because of the kids, and am thinking of biergarten (dinner) and then either tutto italia (dinner) or chefs de france (lunch). any thoughts on these options?

still trying to decide on our epcot choices. sadly i've ruled out teppan edo because of the kids, and am thinking of biergarten (dinner) and then either tutto italia (dinner) or chefs de france (lunch). any thoughts on these options?

We loved the Biergarten in 2/08. They serve pretzel bread with their potato leek soup (yum!) and the vanilla sauce over fresh apple strudel is to-die-for.

Haven't tried Tutto and probably won't since we get such great Italian food around here.

We are planning a dinner at Chefs de France this September ourselves. There's Remy, and there's onion soup. Several of the entrees listed on the allears menu are very appealing--the tiger shrimp, lamb shanks, braised short ribs and tenderloin all sound great. Ditto on the dessert. I'm partial to the vanilla creme brulee, but the one with the coconut ice cream gets fabulous reviews. :)

We will be there Sept 4-12. We will pay OOP for some. The only thing we're undecided on is if we want to do Akershus & Cape May brkfsts - we may only do CP, CM & Ohana brkfsts.

Breakfasts:

Crystal Palace
Chef Mickey's
Ohana
Akershus (new)
Cape May Cafe

Dinners:

Coral Reef
Crystal Palace (new)
Ohana
50's Prime Time Cafe
HDDR
Teppan Edo (new)
The Plaza (new)

We do regular DDP; breakfast of fiber/protein bars in room, CS for lunch, dinner about 5 or 6PM every night.
Le Cellier
Boma
Ohana
Le Chef (maybe)
(these are repeats from last trip)
New:
50s Prime Time
Whispering Canyon Cafe
Jiko
Wave

We come in late our first day so will just grab dinner at POP food court. That leaves us the extra TS for Jiko. BUT we only have 7 nights...DS13 really wants Le Chef, he loves that mac & cheese. Guess I figure we always have a back up in case Le Cellier is impossible to get into.
Funny, we made our choices based on what Dad might like since he is going this trip (he weighed 350 last time...down to around 225 now!) He loves BBQ & steak...come to find out he cannot eat much red meat anymore! Figures! But thought he would find the theming of 50s & WCC a lot of fun.

DBF and I are going August 20-25th and here are the ones we're thinking of: (all dinner)

LeCellier
Tutto Italia
Trex (OOP)
Yatchman's Steakhouse
O'hana
Teppan Edo
Sci Fi
Mama Melrose

Clearly, we still have some narrowing down to do. The Sci Fi dinner menu doesn't really appeal, but the atmosphere seems great. Plus, this is DBF's first time and he's really not into the whole "plan your meals out 3 months in advance" thing. I want to show him how fun the World can be :wizard: We're planning on scheduling our ADR's as late as possible (after 8 pm) in order to enjoy the parks fully.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter