Number 9 is really FINE! Welcome to AKL LITE - the 'unofficial' FAQ Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So happy I found this thread. We are staying AKL CL July 17-20. First time ever at AKL and first ever CL stay.

Congrats! I don't know if anyone else has told you this, but WARNING:

You will be spoiled for life!! :rotfl:

Seriously, ANY room at Jambo House is wonderful. :goodvibes Pool view is awesome, Savannah View is awesomer, and Club Level is AWESOMEST!!! :cloud9: (Improper English, I know - but it's the most succinct way to express my thoughts! ;))

Any questions, please ask away! ::yes::

Booked in January for June 8th-14th! I've stayed several times on Disney property, but 1st time staying at AKL. I've been in the lobby, and have had dinner at Boma,but outside of that I haven't seen the property. I'm excited to explore It! we booked a standard room so were not quite sure where that will put us (if its close to buses, or a long walk to buses). Any information you want to share is welcome!

Nearly packed!! 4 days!!! Getting so excited, nervous about flight though. I hate it! IT'll be worth it. Sure hope the forecast is wrong though!

Any one have any idea how far in advance the Royal Asante Suite books? Wanted to stay night before/night of our Disney wedding. Don't know how far in advance I should be booking....

Any one have any idea how far in advance the Royal Asante Suite books? Wanted to stay night before/night of our Disney wedding. Don't know how far in advance I should be booking....

Unless something has recently changed, you should be able to book a room up to 500 days in advance. You will have to pay the deposit based on the current rate and your rate will be adjusted when the rate for your date is released (likely later this year or early in 2014).

Let us know if you book it! :thumbsup2

...can you say upgrade? :banana:

Don't let her fool you guys...

The upgrade resulted when she got a room directly opposite the pooL from our room.

That close to her brother......Who wouldn't call it an upgrade..?.LoL

B.t.w. my DD is sick too. Think she got a second bout of strep.. will know later....

And just for the record.... We had 3 families that were in the villas at jambo. All in values. 1- 1br and 2 studios. Well I ended uP with pool view room #5012. Neighbors got upgraded to Sunset savannah 1br. And other family that rented points got upgraded to arusha Savannah.

Lots of pixie dust to go around...

And yes this place is ...A M A Z I N G..!!!!!

Oh yea 1 more thing...... Anybody that's on the fence about whether or not to book Boma or Sanaa, well I have two words for ya.......Do it.

Both places are different but equally amazing... Highly recommend it:thumbsup2

We broke 50 days this weekend! 48 days to AKV!! We are so excited to finally get a chance to stay at AKL/AKV.

Question:
Does the activities schedule change drasically month to month? I was looking at recent schedules trying to get a feel for what is going on when and there doesn't seem to be a whole lot of change. When will a June schedule come out?

We are just back too! Four days at Kidani. The pool was amazing, CS food was great, activities were tons of fun and oh, that PRICELESS Savannah view made for hours of good times!!!

My fear was the transportation and no troubles at all. The van that goes back and forth was very effecient. They told us every 8-10 minutes at check in but we never waited more than 5. And the major busses were very efficient and easy.

SOOOOOOO happy about our stay. I'm going to have a really hard time staying anywhere else from now on.

And to the pp who mentioned the kids parade....thanks so much! My DD3 participated on our first night and absolutely loved it. It was adorable and she had such a great time!!!

We are just back too! Four days at Kidani. The pool was amazing, CS food was great, activities were tons of fun and oh, that PRICELESS Savannah view made for hours of good times!!!

My fear was the transportation and no troubles at all. The van that goes back and forth was very effecient. They told us every 8-10 minutes at check in but we never waited more than 5. And the major busses were very efficient and easy.

SOOOOOOO happy about our stay. I'm going to have a really hard time staying anywhere else from now on.

And to the pp who mentioned the kids parade....thanks so much! My DD3 participated on our first night and absolutely loved it. It was adorable and she had such a great time!!!

Welcome Home! So glad you had a wonderful time -- although we knew you would! :thumbsup2

I also want to thank everyone on this board. We just came back from a week long stay at AKL Jambo House. Here are some observations.

-Check in was the best I ever had at Disney. Someone met me at the entrance, walked me in, same CM got my online checkin packet, gave it to me, room was ready and my requests were met (Arusha savannah, zebra trail, near elevator). It was the fastest checkin and room readiness ever!
-My daughter loved the beaded activities. We used the shuttle back and forth several times and it really is convenient and fast. I wish other resorts had more "activities" beyond pool and community room activities. This really does make it okay that you can't walk from AKL to a park.
-We loved talking the CMs from Africa and learning about their country. Yes the other parts of Disney has cast members from all over the world, but I don't get the ask me about my home feeling from them. They are so super busy with the responsibilities.
-Loved Boma and the zebra domes of course.
-Yes AKL is far, but when I compare the bus ride to stopping at all the stops of CSR or POR before going to the park, it really is just about the same time.
-We enjoyed being away from the bustle of the resorts.
-And finally, how do you respond about how was your vacation? An AKL savannah view is just indescribable....

-Virginia

Just came back to reply to you---I are you made a decision. Looks great!!! Can't wait to hear all about it.

Side note re the car---we never used to rent one but my DH insisted we do so a few trips ago and I love it. We won't for our 4 day trip in Oct, but we are only doing 2 park days. Anything longer and we do a car no matter the resort. I hate waiting for buses now :). Spoiled!

Thanks!!! You and everyone are so helpful:)

I agree, having a car is nice, but I've already blown the budget out of the water, so I think we will stick to buses..lol

Worst case, DH said if its that bad, we will rent a car:)

OK - I'm going to agree....KEEP the split stay. In September, we're doing a night at the AKL (because we all love it so much) but then the rest of the trip at BLT/Contemporary. I can't argue with the convenience and coolness factor for the kids of the monorail. My daughter counts that as a "ride" she loves it so much. So we do the BLT stay for the longer part and for our Magic Kingdom days and then AKL for our AK/Epcot days.... so it will definitely work and you will have a great time. I think you will really enjoy both and they are so different...but AMAZING...in their own ways. And if you won't be back for a few years, get the best of both worlds!

We usually drive so we always have a car. But we typically park it and use it maybe once or twice the whole trip. Not worth is to us but everyone is different...

Have a BLAST!!! And resist the urge to rethink your resort decision. Consider it done and now you are on to ADRs (which it sounds like you are in good shape) or speculation on when the new Mine Train will open....much healthier! :rotfl2:

Thank-you!!

You are bang on when saying "resist the urge to rethink my decisions" and I'm happy to say I'm solid on my decisions, and we are sticking with the split stay:)

Enjoy your vacation as well!!!!

Cheers!

Glad to hear about the great stays! Happy you enjoyed! Makes us even more excited for our trip next week (woo hoo!)

Does anyone know if they sell the cases of the small water bottles in the big store in Jambo? I've seen them at the other combined DVC/Resort hotels and wonder if they have them there as well. Thanks!!!

Oh yea 1 more thing...... Anybody that's on the fence about whether or not to book Boma or Sanaa, well I have two words for ya.......Do it.

Both places are different but equally amazing... Highly recommend it:thumbsup2

...yup....ITA....:thumbsup2

Coming to AKL in Oct..so excited!! I have a pool view room booked, but considering a Savanna view. If I did change, what's a good request to put in?
Thanks!!

we leave in 4 hours to drive the 3 hours to the airport/cross the border and be at the airport 2 hours before our 6am flight. By lunch we will be in Epcot!

we leave in 4 hours to drive the 3 hours to the airport/cross the border and be at the airport 2 hours before our 6am flight. By lunch we will be in Epcot!

Congrats.....Prepare to get Wowed....... This place is awesome..... Have a great trip

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter