Number 9 is really FINE! Welcome to AKL LITE - the 'unofficial' FAQ Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Love to be added to the list!

Dec 1-8, AL CL, Party of 4!

This will be our second time doing CL and third at AKL. This is my dh's favorite resort so we end up here each and every year. He puts up with my WDW fetish, I let him have the resort choice.

I will admit though, I like to try others so we are actually arriving the day before. Last year we stayed the first night at All Star Sports. This year we are staying the night before at Poly. I am trying to convince him a castle view would be worth it. :lmao:

Kelly

We'll be there 8/2-8/9!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

:woohoo: we will be there at the same time.

****actually, I just moved our trip up to June. I just couldn't wait until August ;) ****

psac

heavenly pics :cloud9:

Will be staying at AKL for the first time in July 22 for 10 nights with my 2 boys ( ages 15 and 16) we have arusha bunk bed room.

My first question is ....it is worth it ? do you get a better animal view in the arusha or is the savanna good enough? I am also thinking of adding the club level but what are the advantages ? since my boys are teenagers ( their first solo trip since their father passed away) I want them to be busy with things to do ( specially their age type of activities)

We have the deluxe dining but I have no reservations for any restaurant ( will the club level take care of that for me once we are there?)

Linnette

Arusha is the best which is why they (unfortunately) started charging more for it.
If you can afford it, Club Level is great and I'm quite sure you and your boys would enjoy the lounge and its offerings. It's nice to have extra room to sit and read or watch tv, rather than all hanging out in your room :thumbsup2
Itinerary Planning can help you with booking dining reservations and any tours you might be interested in. They can do this long before you arrive - or once you're there.
I hope you have a great trip.

:woohoo: we will be there at the same time.

psac

heavenly pics :cloud9:

Arusha is the best which is why they (unfortunately) started charging more for it.
If you can afford it, Club Level is great and I'm quite sure you and your boys would enjoy the lounge and its offerings. It's nice to have extra room to sit and read or watch tv, rather than all hanging out in your room :thumbsup2
Itinerary Planning can help you with booking dining reservations and any tours you might be interested in. They can do this long before you arrive - or once you're there.
I hope you have a great trip.

I agree with Club Level. When dh and I went alone, we did not book CL as we prefer to do Deluxe Dining and I prefer to do most of our reservations. However, when we went with our grandsons we did regular dining to maximize park time and had breakfast in the lounge before starting our day. Also was great to have the Sunrise Safari available to book as CL guest. It was the highlight of the boys week.

CL only booked our BOG adr, which we later cancelled when I looked through the menu and wasn't sure the boys would be interested. They were able to get us an ADR without me staying on the phone for hours. Everything else I did on my own, including Dessert Party.

CL was awesome. We also were given a bunkbed room which we did not ask for so that felt like an upgrade! Service, the CL everything was perfect.

Kelly

Love to be added to the list!

Dec 1-8, AL CL, Party of 4!

This will be our second time doing CL and third at AKL. This is my dh's favorite resort so we end up here each and every year. He puts up with my WDW fetish, I let him have the resort choice.

I will admit though, I like to try others so we are actually arriving the day before. Last year we stayed the first night at All Star Sports. This year we are staying the night before at Poly. I am trying to convince him a castle view would be worth it. :lmao:

Kelly

You have been added to the list...

You might find most here on this thread will agree with your DH...:lmao:

December
patclairesmom, Nov 29th – 3rd, AKV Jambo
saratogastehr, Nov 29th – 6th, AKL Jambo
CupcakeKelly, 1st – 6th, AKV
eagles1281, 1st – 6th, Kidani
kellyg403, 1st – 8th, AKL CL
mmafan, 3rd – 12th, AKL Jambo
Pinkocto, 6th – 10th, AKV CL
thornton0511, 6th -14th, AKL
Pghsteelerfan, 7th -14th, AKV Jambo
Lorelei528, 7th - 14th, AKL
dansamy, 8th – 14th, Kidani
Heidijanesmith, 16th – 23rd, AKL CL
lovin'fl, 20th – 25th, AKV Kidani
Bluesky1997, 26th – 29th, AKL CL

You have been added to the list...

You might find most here on this thread will agree with your DH...:lmao:

December
patclairesmom, Nov 29th – 3rd, AKV Jambo
saratogastehr, Nov 29th – 6th, AKL Jambo
CupcakeKelly, 1st – 6th, AKV
eagles1281, 1st – 6th, Kidani
kellyg403, 1st – 8th, AKL CL
mmafan, 3rd – 12th, AKL Jambo
Pinkocto, 6th – 10th, AKV CL
thornton0511, 6th -14th, AKL
Pghsteelerfan, 7th -14th, AKV Jambo
Lorelei528, 7th - 14th, AKL
dansamy, 8th – 14th, Kidani
Heidijanesmith, 16th – 23rd, AKL CL
lovin'fl, 20th – 25th, AKV Kidani
Bluesky1997, 26th – 29th, AKL CL

Thank you for the add! And yes, I love AKL as well..just so many resorts to choose from I am not sure it is my favorite of all.:rotfl:

But then again, I love Epcot. DH loves AK. I would really love to try a Boardwalk resort so I can walk to Epcot.

But we do see ourselves staying at AKL for all future trips in some fashion. Dh is such a good sport about my addiction, he certainly deserves to choose the location.

Kelly

Thank you for the add! And yes, I love AKL as well..just so many resorts to choose from I am not sure it is my favorite of all.:rotfl:

But then again, I love Epcot. DH loves AK. I would really love to try a Boardwalk resort so I can walk to Epcot.

But we do see ourselves staying at AKL for all future trips in some fashion. Dh is such a good sport about my addiction, he certainly deserves to choose the location.

Kelly

Our "home" Beach club, and love being able to walk to Epcot, but we found you MUST have park hoppers if you stay there....

Boardwalk is a lot of fun also, but I know some people are creeped out by the clown slide.

Our "home" Beach club, and love being able to walk to Epcot, but we found you MUST have park hoppers if you stay there....

Boardwalk is a lot of fun also, but I know some people are creeped out by the clown slide.

We do typically get ph becuase my dh also does not like to stay in a park he feels is too crowded.

I can see myself walking to Epcot every single night for dinner at the different countries.

Someday, but for now AKL it is. And fwiw, dh is thinking we should buy dvc with AK as the home resort. I told him I would consider it IF we try other resorts for at least one night. So win win.

Kelly

We do typically get ph becuase my dh also does not like to stay in a park he feels is too crowded.

I can see myself walking to Epcot every single night for dinner at the different countries.

Someday, but for now AKL it is. And fwiw, dh is thinking we should buy dvc with AK as the home resort. I told him I would consider it IF we try other resorts for at least one night. So win win.

Kelly

I'm waiting for the Poly DVC! :-)

I'm waiting for the Poly DVC! :-)

Funny...before when we had the kids (who are now grownups) going with us each year to WDW and we stayed usually at Mod's or values because we needed two rooms, the Poly was one of Dh's dreams. He has forsaken all others for the AKL...:rotfl:

Kelly

Hi everyone!

DBF and I are booked for our first stay at AKL, 9/13-9/21, standard room!! :cool1:

The description says the room can either have 2 Queen Beds, 1 Queen Bed and 1 Bunk Bed, 1 King Bed and 1 Day Bed, or 1 Queen Bed and 1 Day Bed. We would much prefer to have the 1 king bed and 1 day bed combo since it's just the two of us. Is there any way to request this prior to arrival?

Funny...before when we had the kids (who are now grownups) going with us each year to WDW and we stayed usually at Mod's or values because we needed two rooms, the Poly was one of Dh's dreams. He has forsaken all others for the AKL...:rotfl:

Kelly

Well, I will admit I have yet to stay at AKL, so check in with me again after August. :-) When I was a kid we camped at Fort Wilderness. Now, I can add the Poly and Beach Club to my short list of on property resorts we've stayed at...

Kelly

That is a win win! Good luck on that, and BTW, we love DVC!

Hi everyone!

DBF and I are booked for our first stay at AKL, 9/13-9/21, standard room!! :cool1:

The description says the room can either have 2 Queen Beds, 1 Queen Bed and 1 Bunk Bed, 1 King Bed and 1 Day Bed, or 1 Queen Bed and 1 Day Bed. We would much prefer to have the 1 king bed and 1 day bed combo since it's just the two of us. Is there any way to request this prior to arrival?

You have been added...

September
RachelTori, Aug 27th – 3rd AKV-CL & CSR
beachgrl001, 2nd – 10th, AKV
Wicket's Mom, 9th – 13th, AKL CL
JESSketeer, 13th – 21st, AKL
RapunzelsGoodMom, 14th, AKL
RapunzelsGoodMom, 15th – 20th, BLT
Dawnywog, 18th – 26th, Jambo
Paula Sedley-Burke, 19th - Oct 3rd , SSR, Disney Dream, and AKV
country-mom-of-4, 20th – 28th, Kidani
gilsan 25th – Oct 2nd , Kidani
franandaj, 29th - Oct 2nd, VWL

Hi everyone!

You can call the reservation number and just ask for the room request to be added. King bed rooms are very hard to get. One warning though, the king rooms only have a single vanity in the bathroom instead of the double sink in the normal queen rooms. Small area for toiletries. But otherwise, we do like the King bed and I like having the day bed/couch for sitting on when we're relaxing in the room.

Kelly

If you buy DVC, make sure you buy resale. Save yourself a ton of dough. We're owners at Boarkwalk, which we love, and are in the process of buying points at AKL, and we're really happy we'll be able to do both. Of course with DVC, if we want to do just one or the other (or somewhere like BLT) we can, especially since we go during non-peak times (and dvc peak isn't always the same as regular park peak) where the seven month booking isn't difficult.

You can call the reservation number and just ask for the room request to be added. King bed rooms are very hard to get. One warning though, the king rooms only have a single vanity in the bathroom instead of the double sink in the normal queen rooms. Small area for toiletries. But otherwise, we do like the King bed and I like having the day bed/couch for sitting on when we're relaxing in the room.

Now I'm wondering if we should request a king bed room or not...I figured DH and I would have the king bed, DS6 could have the daybed, and DD2 would have her small, toddler size air mattress (or in bed with us if need be). Would 2 queens be better?

Sooooo......we loved our AKL CL stay last week so much :love:, we booked a bounceback offer to stay there again in October! :dance3:

We'll be staying AKL CL again from Oct 20-27. If someone could add us back to the list, that would be great.

Our end dates may change, as our APs expire Oct 22, so we may just stay at AKL through the 23rd and then take the 3-day Disney Dream cruise from Oct. 24-27, but we're not sure yet, so for now we're booked at AKL through the 27th.

A couple of observations -

We had great experiences with the CL staff. Everyone was friendly and helpful. Bell services lost my raincoat, and a CL cast member (melissa, i think) arranged to buy me a new one and have it shipped next-day to the resort. I also got a lovely birthday package in our room from the CL, which included a box of chocolates and a beaded figurine from the AKL gift shop.

I think this was the thread where folks were debating the toilet paper at mods vs deluxe - as someone who usually stays at POR, I can tell you the t.p. at AKL was much better than at POR! ;)

We did three of the animal-related tours for AKL guests - sunrise safari, sunset/wanyama safari, and night vision safari - and all were great, and different from each other. I'm busy catching up on work, but in the next couple of days I'm going to try to post a thread with a description of each, as I know people often ask about the differences between them, especially with the night vision safari being so new.

If you have any questions, ask away. :)

Robin

Thanks!!

Is there any reason why the king bed rooms only have the single vanity as opose to other rooms?

Thanks!!

Is there any reason why the king bed rooms only have the single vanity as opose to other rooms?

Yeah, the King rooms are handicap accessible, so they have extra bars around the tub and toilet, and basically the extra room in the bathroom would be needed to store a wheelchair or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter