"Now That's What I'm Talkin' 'Bout!"- Our 1st DVC stay-May 2010-Wrap Up 9/23

Welcome home! Glad to hear you had a good time. Well, except for the tour groups. We ran into a group at the Magic Kingdom and I couldn't believe their behavior or dress either.

Welcome back!! I am SO happy to hear that you guys enjoyed Saratoga Springs! It is kind of depressing sometimes reading comments about SSR because so many people don't like it. You know we love it but it's still nice to see something positive for a change!

Ugh, sorry to hear about the tour groups. I bet that would get on my nerves too. :mad:

Can't wait to hear more!

Hi!! Welcome back!! I cant wait to hear all about the trip. Sorry to hear about the tour groups!! :headache: We were at a baseball game the other night and there were these teens that were sitting behind us... maybe even freshman in college? Anywho they were swearing and talking so rude.... we had 6 kids with us under the age of 6!! I turned around and looked at them and snapped "can you watch your mouth??!!!! There are little kids that don't need to hear that kind of talk!" :rotfl2: It's the italian in me.... I am not one to keep quiet if something is bothering me!!

Loved your update! The pictures from DHS to Boardwalk were cool. I was just wondering if maybe we would walk that after Fantasmic to see the boardwalk... not sure though!?

Welcome home! Yay, for low crowds. Sorry to hear about the teenagers. We had the same problem with the teenagers from Brazil! I started getting really annoyed.
P.S- I started my new PTR! Link is in my sig.:goodvibes

Welcome back Leanne!! I need to go back and catch up, have been MIA for a while, but I can do that tomorrow!!!!! Want to hear ALL about it!!!!!

Great update. I'd call it a Mega one :goodvibes Hope your photobucket issues resolve quickly.

You're cheatin' on Mickey and going off property to SW??? Looking forward to hearing all about it. We've been to Orlando many times and never been anywhere but WDW. :rolleyes1
Thanks TK! I'm going to interject a mini update to show the pictures that were taken on the photoshoot and then I will update on Sea World. I don't feel right cheating on the mouse but Joe needs change and new things on each trip. :laughing:

My gracious! Talk about a Mega update! I can't seem to even get a little update posted lately.

The Welcome Home Wednesday sounded like a lot of fun. Yea for Joe getting a replacement hat!

If I don't chat with you before you leave, ya'll have a super time!
Thanks Lisa! We had a great time. I've been a major slacker but I plan to get over to your TR and get caught up in the next day or so. :goodvibes

Great update! sounds like a fun and informative day! I hope you and Josie get to ride Soarin' when you go back this weekend!
Have a great time! :mickeyjum
:wave2: Connie
We did get to ride Soarin' Connie and Josie LOVED it! :cloud9:
Woo hoo, you leave tomorrow!!!

Great update too! I love all the Boardwalk pictures especially the one with the surrey bikes. I've always wanted to try one of those. So jealous you won a prize at the WHW! :snooty:
I want to try one of the bikes too. We almost rented one while at Saratoga but we ran out of time. I'm having good luck with the DVC events. We went to one at BLT this last trip and I was chosen to be one of the contestants. Got fastpasses for the whole family, a really nice computer bag, a pin, a portfolio, and a DVC lanyard.

Fun update. I am going to try and make it WHW when we go. Sounds much better and more fun than the meeting we went to. I am glad you guys got a break in the middle of all that running around.
Have a great trip!!
You should get over there if you can make it. :goodvibes Thanks Mary about the trip. It was fun. How is Avery feeling?

yay for the update!!!! Have fun on your trip :)
Thanks so much! We had a great trip. How about yours?
Wow that definitely was a mega update!

The DVD party sounded like an awesome experience and it's cool they gave out such awesome prizes and that you were picked to win one.

Great pics of the girls at Crystal Palace and of the fish at the Seas.

Looking forward to more:thumbsup2
Thanks! :goodvibes

Great update...love the pictures in CP...have never been to Boardwalk, loved the pictures!

Glad you had an enjoyable dinner at Coral Reef. We have always loved CR, but last summer we had a less than enjoyable dinner, however, will it stop us from going back, nope!!!

Can't believe you leave right away. Everyone must be so excited!!
Thanks Queen! We were very excited and had a great time! :goodvibes

Wonderful update! You packed a lot in to that day! My Mom and I walked around the boardwalk at night when we were there in May, and I leaned over at one point and told her "I bet this place is boiling hot during the afternoon hours" - but a great place to be in the early morning or evening hours! The DVC thing sounds like fun! We love Coral Reef - I have never had a bad meal there and the atmosphere can't be beat!! :goodvibes

Have fun on your trip! Can't wait to hear all about it when you get back! :)

Sara
Thanks Sara! We really enjoyed our trip. We are new fans of Coral Reef. :thumbsup2

Ya'll have fun on your trip!
Thanks Lisa! We had a great time! :cloud9:

I would call that a mega update - one full day in one post! We were able to do the same thing with knocking out Fantasyland right after rope drop on our last trip. Yet another reason why our early CP ADR is a must for every trip!

Great Boardwalk pics! I can't imagine walking a long distance in that heat. I *hate* the bus service to/from DHS-AKL. For whatever reason every time we have tried it, it has taken for-e-ver.

WHW sounds like a lot of fun! That is so awesome that you won a great prize, and that Joe got some new hats! My DH would be pumped about that, too.

Poor Josie, not getting to ride Soarin'. :( Maybe this trip!

I am amazed at how much you were able to fit into that one day! It really makes me look forward to going when my kids are a bit older and a little easier to handle/deal with. LOL!
It will get easier when your kids are little older Julia. Luckily both of my girls are real troopers. They don't mind long distances or extreme heat as much as they used to so we don't have to slow down like we used to.

Josie did get to ride this time and it was great! :goodvibes

Great update! :thumbsup2

We never made the hike from BCV to DHS---It's probably ok in cooler temps or in the evening (if you're not too tired at that point), but it was pretty warm while we were there.

WHW sounds like a fun break for everyone. :)
The walk would have been more pleasant in the early morning or evening. We went over to the BC and took a stroll this trip. It was later in the evening and was a really nice stroll. :goodvibes

Great update!

I was wondering if you'd ever make it back to do Soarin'!

Woo hoo for winning a door prize at WHW! We were able to make it the next week.

I hope you have an awesome time in WDW, ma'am! :cool1:
Thanks B! We had a great time and Josie was able to ride Soarin' this time. :goodvibes

Great update!! The DVC party sounds really fun! Congrats for all the prizes and treats you guys got! Also-- we love the Coral Reef. It gets a bad rap a lot, but we had fabulous service, great food, and the atmosphere can't be beat!!
Thanks Kylie! Coral Reef is a new favorite for our family. I LOVE the atmosphere there. :goodvibes

:yay: for winning at the DVC WHW. Sounds like a fun event! I'm glad Joe was able to replace his hat he lost on Splash. I'm glad you like CR--it is DH's favorite so we are heading back. I was a bit nervous but the reviews seem to be really good lately! :thumsbup2 WOW, they really pushed the whole height thing.

I hope you have a great time on your trip!!
Josie is very tiny so I think it draws more attention to her. She's forty inches and 30lbs now. You will enjoy CR for sure. It was wonderful. :goodvibes

Sorry I haven't been on here lately. We had laptop issues.

I can't believe that man got out of BL!!! I didn't even realize you could get out of the vehicle. Crazy guy!

How strange about the CM on ToT. We took Lauren on and nobody even questioned us about it. I was already nervous about her riding so that would have sent me over the edge.

We loved Coral Reef! It was my favorite meal.

Hope you're having a wonderful time! Can't wait to hear about your trip when you get back!
Hi Alicia! Glad to see you posting. :goodvibes Coral Reef was probably our favorite as well for dinner. It was so yummy and I think it was totally unexpected so that made it even more enjoyable.

Josie rode ToT again this trip and no one freaked out about it this time. :goodvibes I need to get over to your TR and get caught up. :sad2:

Welcome home! Glad to hear you had a good time. Well, except for the tour groups. We ran into a group at the Magic Kingdom and I couldn't believe their behavior or dress either.
Thanks Lisa! I never knew or heard anything about the tour groups before we experienced it. I was really shocked that Disney allowed some of it to go on. I don't mind teens having fun but these guys were almost abusive to other guests. That's over the line IMO. It was a great trip though and Lindsey was :cloud9: so that's all that really matters. :goodvibes

Welcome back!! I am SO happy to hear that you guys enjoyed Saratoga Springs! It is kind of depressing sometimes reading comments about SSR because so many people don't like it. You know we love it but it's still nice to see something positive for a change!

Ugh, sorry to hear about the tour groups. I bet that would get on my nerves too. :mad:

Can't wait to hear more!
We really did love SSR. Joe kept saying he couldn't understand what people didn't like. I have to say I don't get it either. Of course we did have a great room in a great location. The food at the Artist's Pallette was good and every CM was fantastic. We must be really easy to please but we would go back in a second. :goodvibes

Hi!! Welcome back!! I cant wait to hear all about the trip. Sorry to hear about the tour groups!! :headache: We were at a baseball game the other night and there were these teens that were sitting behind us... maybe even freshman in college? Anywho they were swearing and talking so rude.... we had 6 kids with us under the age of 6!! I turned around and looked at them and snapped "can you watch your mouth??!!!! There are little kids that don't need to hear that kind of talk!" :rotfl2: It's the italian in me.... I am not one to keep quiet if something is bothering me!!

Loved your update! The pictures from DHS to Boardwalk were cool. I was just wondering if maybe we would walk that after Fantasmic to see the boardwalk... not sure though!?
Thanks Nickie! Wow, I can't believe those teens at the game. It's amazing how rude people can be ya know?
Welcome home! Yay, for low crowds. Sorry to hear about the teenagers. We had the same problem with the teenagers from Brazil! I started getting really annoyed.
P.S- I started my new PTR! Link is in my sig.:goodvibes

Hi Barbara! I found your PTR and you are off to a great start. :goodvibes The teens were not the highlight for sure. ;)

During the last update, I told you all about the prize I had won during WHW. I thought before I got started on the Sea World update that I would post some of my favorite pics from the photo shoot photopass. The photographer took 71 pics in all. Here are some of my favorites...

DisneyPhotoImage75.jpg

DisneyPhotoImage74.jpg

DisneyPhotoImage60.jpg

DisneyPhotoImage55.jpg

DisneyPhotoImage49.jpg

DisneyPhotoImage45.jpg

DisneyPhotoImage39.jpg

DisneyPhotoImage36.jpg

DisneyPhotoImage33.jpg

DisneyPhotoImage19.jpg

DisneyPhotoImage18.jpg

DisneyPhotoImage12.jpg

DisneyPhotoImage6.jpg

I will probably pay for a photo shoot when we take our Thanksgiving trip. As DVC members we save 20% and I think it would be nice to get some family photos with the grandparents and such. :goodvibes

Hope everyone is having a nice weekend!

omg i love all the pics!!! I've seen the sample ones when we've stayed at WL and those are wonderful as well!!! I'd have to look up the prices on those although I'm pretty sure my parents would not be interested in doing it as their "kids" are now 25 (me) and 23 (my brother). We did do the photopass pic of the WL xmas tree last year and the guy spent a good 20/25 mins with us as there was no line and they were the best pics of the trip--we bought the photopackage special envelope thing. It's amazing what they can do when they take their time!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter