Now see here....I'm running this joint

The Disney empire may have been started by a Mouse, but it was funded by a series of princesses, so the thought that their role should be hidden or diminished makes no sense to me, especially since they are a profitable franchise for the company. What???? I never said hidden or diminished. I wanted to ADD something. Sorry, "I don't get this line of thinking at alllllllll." TWELVE out of Disney's top 15 most profitable movies of all time did NOT INCLUDE A PRINCESS.

I don't think the first poster meant just movie sales, but merchandising and everything. Disney princess is huge for sales for young girls.
I think this convo would have been better off if the post was worded more as "older child friendly" instead of "boy friendly" because girls tend to outgrow the princess thing around 8 or 9 in my experience and from reading here on the boards. I think Toy Story or some other things are still appealing to older children/tweens and not just little kids.
I do think the Fantasyland expension is going to be very little-girl-centric and that's all fine and dandy, but what about boys? Older kids who outgrew the princesses? MK is my favorite park and I am looking forward to the changes. I just am hoping there are more changes following geared towards the older child/tween age.

Here are a few of my ideas...

1. Villians area in MK
2. Star Wars Dinning
3. Fix the yeti
4. Add anouther Pixar ride in HS
5. Bring back Adventurer's Club
6. Ok my last idea is the rant part... If you spend Billions on something USE IT!!! OMG they are so missing the boat on MARVEL!!! First off I know they bought it more for the movies then the comics but you can not tell me this would not be a welcomed addition to HS. I know because of contracts they cant use Spiderman ride or Hulk ride but come on how cool would a Ironman ride be? Captain America, Thor oh and a little group called The X-Men are all great properties that are owned.

So here is my idea.

I would build a sit down restaurant at Port Orleans French Quarter called Tiana's Place (princess and the frog) It would feature Cajun and Creole food with live Jazz at night. Princess Tiana, Prince Naveen and Dr. Facilier AKA the Shadowman would be featured at a character breakfast and lunch. It would give quests staying at other resorts a reason to visit this little Jewel of a place.

I love this!!!:goodvibes

Creations on the top of my head... (pretty fun, actually!)

Star Wars Resturant Menu:

Vader Tators (as previously mentioned) Vader Tots, Mashed Vaders, etc
May the Borsche Be With You
Naboo Tofu
Jar Jar Binks Drinks/Yoda Soda
Amid a la Carte Menu
C-3POtato Casserole
Han Solomi Sandwich
Caramel Chewbecca Cake
Boba/Jango Fettucini
Grabba da Nutt Pecan Pie
Darth Maullipops
Princess Lay-it-on-me Skillet
R2-D2er Off-the-Path Rocky Road Cake
Anakin's Roasted Chicken
Wookie Whoopie Pie
Cantina Chips n Dip
Death Star Cheddar Soup
E-Wok Fried Veggies
Luke I Am Your Tartar
Jedemame
The Empire Likes Stack of Pancakes
Light Saber-Your-Appetite Side Salad

That's all I've got and I'm hungry! If someone uses these names, I expect a small royalty! ;)

Naboo Tofu
Amid a la Carte Menu
C-3POtato Casserole
Han Solomi Sandwich
Caramel Chewbecca Cake
Boba/Jango Fettucini
Grabba da Nutt Pecan Pie
Darth Maullipops
Anakin's Roasted Chicken
Wookie Whoopie Pie
Cantina Chips n Dip
Death Star Cheddar Soup
E-Wok Fried Veggies
Luke I Am Your Tartar
Jedemame

That's all I've got and I'm hungry! If someone uses these names, I expect a small royalty! ;)

Omigosh...that was hilarious! You are very creative. As far as "boy-oriented" I think CARS, Pirates (expanded), etc are very attractive to girls, too, especially after age 8! The Marvel comment was very valid. Use it for pity sake! That would be genius and would take care of anybody who wanted more events for their little "guys." Princesses are great, but even my princess-loving princess tires of them after a while! She's pretty diverse. I'd venture to say that many girls would be interested in more action/adventure oriented activities, I know my DD would!

I think the Cajun/Creole Tiana's restaurant idea for POFQ was GENIUS! I can see an equal amount of adults loving that. I love that movie, I think it was musically top notch...one of my all time favs. A New Orleans promenade area with shops/restaurants would be toooooo cooool.

I don't think the first poster meant just movie sales, but merchandising and everything. Disney princess is huge for sales for young girls.
I think this convo would have been better off if the post was worded more as "older child friendly" instead of "boy friendly" because girls tend to outgrow the princess thing around 8 or 9 in my experience and from reading here on the boards. I think Toy Story or some other things are still appealing to older children/tweens and not just little kids.
I do think the Fantasyland expension is going to be very little-girl-centric and that's all fine and dandy, but what about boys? Older kids who outgrew the princesses? MK is my favorite park and I am looking forward to the changes. I just am hoping there are more changes following geared towards the older child/tween age.

What do you mean, girl-centric?

The Carousel belongs to Prince Charming.
The new castle belongs to the Beast.
The new tavern belongs to Gaston.
The new train ride belongs to the dwarfs.

The only new "girl" ride is the Little Mermaid!

:lmao::rotfl2::rotfl:

Just my way of poking fun at their rather obvious attempt to convince little boys that it's meant for them. :lmao: Even the description of Belle's Storytime, which will reopen in the new area literally says it is "a family adventure, not just for girls." They're trying REALLY hard. :rotfl2:

That said though........... I have always said the new FL princess stuff doesn't NEED equal time. It IS equal time. Tomorrowland, Frontierland, Adventureland .......... much more skewed toward a little boys fantasies than a girl's. Nothing wrong with revamping Fantasyland with a few girly things.

Expand the monorail network to all parks, resorts, Downtown Disney, ect...

Also an express line to the airport.

My one idea is pretty simple.

Build a huge "Mickey Mouse clubhouse" interactive play area for kids. I don't mind where - my first thought was at DHS as there is already PHJ so it would tie in. But maybe EPCOT would be better as there is not so much for young kids to do there.

I'm sure it could be done in 6 months too. Come on Disney, you've got 18 months until we arrive, so get working!!

I also like the idea of a Toy story character meal.

Claire :)

Replace the Tomorrowland Speedway with something "tomorrland-y".

I've often thought that too but look at the lines!!!! People love it! So why mess with what is working? Still kills me they took out Mr. Toad......

Naboo Tofu
Amid a la Carte Menu
C-3POtato Casserole
Han Solomi Sandwich
Caramel Chewbecca Cake
Boba/Jango Fettucini
Grabba da Nutt Pecan Pie
Darth Maullipops
Anakin's Roasted Chicken
Wookie Whoopie Pie
Cantina Chips n Dip
Death Star Cheddar Soup
E-Wok Fried Veggies
Luke I Am Your Tartar
Jedemame

I thought of another....

Obi-Wan Cannoli

and to a previous poster, thanks! If Disney would like to hire me as an Imagineer, I wouldn't say no! :D

I would develop another nightime parade - not to replace the Spectro or MSEP, but to be run on different nights.

Naboo Tofu
Amid a la Carte Menu
C-3POtato Casserole
Han Solomi Sandwich
Caramel Chewbecca Cake
Boba/Jango Fettucini
Grabba da Nutt Pecan Pie
Darth Maullipops
Anakin's Roasted Chicken
Wookie Whoopie Pie
Cantina Chips n Dip
Death Star Cheddar Soup
E-Wok Fried Veggies
Luke I Am Your Tartar
Jedemame

Best idea ever! :lmao::lmao::lmao:

Have you guys seen the Star Wars cookbook? We've had it for years since our teens were little. Yoda soda anyone?

Sorry, but I don't get this line of thinking at all. By my logic, you have the following gender neutral meals:

Crystal Palace
Chef Mickey's
Tusker House (Breakfast)
Cape May (Breakfast)
Hollywood & Vine
The Garden Grill
'Ohana (Breakfast)
Mickey's Backyard BBQ

1900 Park Fare's breakfast, in my opinion, is also fairly gender-neutral.

So the truly princess-focused meals are:
Cinderella's Royal Table
Akershus
1900 Park Fare (Dinner)

I seriously don't get this line of complaints, despite reading it all the time. Do you want a meal where girls feel actively unwelcome?

The Disney empire may have been started by a Mouse, but it was funded by a series of princesses, so the thought that their role should be hidden or diminished makes no sense to me, especially since they are a profitable franchise for the company.

Do you really think WDW is saying "we could make a lot of money with a boy-focused meal, but hey, let's not do one, just out of spite?" I agree that a Pixar-focused meal would make a lot of sense to me, but I assume they know their market research better than I do, so I assume the lack thereof means the market is not as broad as indicated here on the Dis. I highly doubt they are choosing to give up revenue just to spite the little boys out there!

As far as what I'd change--I'd love to see a couple more countries added to Epcot's World Showcase. I doubt that could be completed in six months, but it could be started...

the second quote in ur comment was a quote i had used from someone else!
i also have a daughter and 3 sons and would not want any of them to feel excluded in the character meals i would book!
there is certainly no princess hating on my part and i cannot wait for my 9 month old to be old enough to appreciate them!!!

my point was that while the girls have princess character meals which my boys would never go to! there would most definitely be room for a pirates meal....pixar meals in which yes both sexes would enjoy, but my boys would love!!!! i only speak on behalf of myself but dhs could really do with some pixar character focused meal.#
i really dont understand why this would offend you????

I would replace the Tomorrowland Speedway with a Cars themed ride. It seems like a no-brainer. The tracks are already laid out and the movie sequel is coming this summer (just saw the preview, I'm breaking out my Mater-hosen). :)

I love all of these creative ideas!! I would definitely take my family to Tiana's Place! I've always been interested in POFQ but never considered staying there because we like the food options at other resorts. Love the idea of an all vegetarian restaurant in The Land :goodvibes

I'm also one of those moms who would love to see more balance in the princess vs. boys battle. We visited in December and my DS4 was so sad to learn that it would be his last visit to Mickey's house (aka Toontown). He doesn't have anything against princesses and even with their feeble attempt to include boys, my son could care less about Gaston or Prince Charming :confused3 However, I do think that something like Toy Story, Peter Pan, Star Wars would be awesome!

I would love to see more thrill rides (love the idea of Monsters, Inc coaster) and maybe some rides in new formats rather than the standard boat in the dark ride. Oh, and MORE interactive queues like Winnie the Pooh to keep the kids busy while waiting!

One last thing I would change... Real, fresh brewed sweet tea! NOT pre-made tea like Gold Peak or Lipton Brisk. It is not expensive to make. If McDonalds can do it and sell it for $1, I'm sure Disney could get it done. Help a southern girl out!! :cool2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter