Now I understand the complaining about FP+

Gotta say that I love FP+. I have fp+s for tsm, rnr, and tot on the same day. I've never been to HS without waking up at the crack. Im going to sleep in and then do breakfast at Captain's Grill. Im pumped. Even more helpful is that I've got Soarin and Test track for the afternoon of my incoming travel day! Who knew that one day, I could get to Epcot at 2 and not have to worry about standing in the standby lines for those two. The interface still needs a lot of work IMO, but the end product is great!
. Lucky you... I have park tickets but can't use FP+ because the system doesn't recognize my tickets. I'm really disappointed in disney's rollout of this program. I'm going the week of Thanksgiving. So I feel I have a right to be concerned about the quality of my trip.

We were there Columbus weekend and used FP+ for the first time. I was VERY hesitant, but I must say I liked it. We could only use three FP, which was less than we normally used, but it was more calculated and we didn't have to do the mad dashes at HS to get TSM tickets (or other rides).

To the OP's point... we found it easiest to just change to get the three attractions we wanted. Once we got the three attractions (regardless of times), we could individually manipulate the times for each attraction. We got everything to work as we needed. The system doesn't let you see the available times, but once you have a time for each attraction, we we could change each individual attraction time to more closely align with what we needed. Not saying that is the greatest, but it seemed to work. Good luck and happy travels!

We were there Columbus weekend and used FP+ for the first time. I was VERY hesitant, but I must say I liked it. We could only use three FP, which was less than we normally used, but it was more calculated and we didn't have to do the mad dashes at HS to get TSM tickets (or other rides). To the OP's point... we found it easiest to just change to get the three attractions we wanted. Once we got the three attractions (regardless of times), we could individually manipulate the times for each attraction. We got everything to work as we needed. The system doesn't let you see the available times, but once you have a time for each attraction, we we could change each individual attraction time to more closely align with what we needed. Not saying that is the greatest, but it seemed to work. Good luck and happy travels!
+1. This is exactly what I found. I manipulated times each day to exactly what I wanted in each park. Now I didn't try that for toy story mania cause I was happy with my pick but I did for many many other rides. Oh btw. I just did my fast passes for Epcot today and got test track at 915. Characters at 1035 I think and soaring at 1145. Those times might be a bit off bit even the same day all were back to back to back. For those worried just go and try it and I think a lot of ur worries will be null. It's not that bad. Diff bit not bad. I liked not having to dash around for paper if I didn't want to. I took way more pics and that's how it should be. It's a vacation and this time it was deff more slowed down. Which to me was good.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

. Lucky you... I have park tickets but can't use FP+ because the system doesn't recognize my tickets. I'm really disappointed in disney's rollout of this program. I'm going the week of Thanksgiving. So I feel I have a right to be concerned about the quality of my trip.

You need to call the number for help, they can fix that for you. The number is listed someone in My Disney Experience. The number on the tickets we got from Undercover Tourist has letters and numbers. I couldn't tell an O from a zero so when I linked the tickets in my account I entered a zero. 5 tickets were recognized but one was not. It had the O as the first character in the number. The I tried it again entering an O instead of a zero and it it worked. Your tickets will link, even if you have to call Disney IT for help. May your Thanksgiving be magical.

+1. This is exactly what I found. I manipulated times each day to exactly what I wanted in each park. Now I didn't try that for toy story mania cause I was happy with my pick but I did for many many other rides. Oh btw. I just did my fast passes for Epcot today and got test track at 915. Characters at 1035 I think and soaring at 1145. Those times might be a bit off bit even the same day all were back to back to back. For those worried just go and try it and I think a lot of ur worries will be null. It's not that bad. Diff bit not bad. I liked not having to dash around for paper if I didn't want to. I took way more pics and that's how it should be. It's a vacation and this time it was deff more slowed down. Which to me was good.

Do anybody really NEED a Fp for TT at 9:15? Of course the mere presence of FP+ might change things so much that now you do..... one of the unintended consequences of the "improved" system.

Leaving in a few days for our next trip - and I'm trying to change our FP+ selections. But some days - I want to change ONE experience to something else at a different time. So - I want to change experience and time at the same time. BUT YOU CAN'T DO THAT!!! How dumb is that? And if I try to get totally new experiences - well - there ARE NO FP+ for Toy Story at all that day right now.... REALLY? ARGH!!! Now I get the complaining. I don't want to give up one thing without knowing in advance that what I want is available. ARGH!!!:furious:

It's an infuriating system. Another example is that if you want to change, say, Splash Mountain 11am reservation to a Parade or Wishes, they won't come up as an option because they are not on at 11am!

Do anybody really NEED a Fp for TT at 9:15? Of course the mere presence of FP+ might change things so much that now you do..... one of the unintended consequences of the "improved" system.
i didn't try to manipulate this one cause we were going over for 9 anyway. In at 9 out by noon usually. We relax during the afternoon and shower then go eat a nice dinner and go back in. Just causexthe kids are young. All I was trying to say is the same day I was able to get 3 major attractions last minute.

The MDE user interface is terrible. It could be done far more smoothly and be much easier to use.

The MDE user interface is terrible. It could be done far more smoothly and be much easier to use.
oh ya agree there. U have to hot back a million times and it had to load that page each time. That is really the worse part I think.

It is still in test, nothing has been rolled out.

I really hope that people who are having these experiences take the time to send an e-mail message to WDW explaining what frustration you are having and how the system can be improved.

This system is still in its embryonic stages and I am sure Disney will take user input into account.

I'm usually the very last to defend Disney unlike so many others on this site who will defend Disney to the bitter end and think Disney can do no wrong

1 - this is still in testing
2 - they are still supporting the old system and don't want to give out too many FP+
3 - many people are double dipping
4 - there are going to be bumps in the road during the test
5 - it's going to get better - for example they know the one park per day is an issue
6 - the website is not perfect yet - it's still in testing

Overall - I like this in theory - but I have to say booking the rids a month in advance seems ridiculous - but at the end of the day I've already got several FPs to Soarin and TSM - that does make things a hell of a lot easier in the end

I suspect that six months from now this will be a much better system and we will all be wondering what all the hullabaloo was about

I really hope that people who are having these experiences take the time to send an e-mail message to WDW explaining what frustration you are having and how the system can be improved.

This system is still in its embryonic stages and I am sure Disney will take user input into account.

People have been frustrated and complaining for years about how awful Disney's various websites are designed. Nothing has been changed or improved on the IT front.

Leaving in a few days for our next trip - and I'm trying to change our FP+ selections. But some days - I want to change ONE experience to something else at a different time. So - I want to change experience and time at the same time. BUT YOU CAN'T DO THAT!!! How dumb is that? And if I try to get totally new experiences - well - there ARE NO FP+ for Toy Story at all that day right now.... REALLY? ARGH!!! Now I get the complaining. I don't want to give up one thing without knowing in advance that what I want is available. ARGH!!!:furious:

I feel your pain!

I'm not thrilled about having to plan attractions 60 days out from our trip and am still leary about where Disney is headed down the road with these magic bands. That said, it is a huge plus for us to be able to get fastpasses for attractions like Toy Story Mania. We simply are not morning people. We like being in the parks until only the crickets can be heard at night. No matter what our intentions are, we just simply never make it to the parks until between 11 and noon. If planning attaractions 60 days out means that we can ride Toy Story Mania without a 100+ minute wait while still not getting to the parks until noonish, I will take it!

We enjoyed our experience with Fastpass+ greatly so the line to complain does not include everyone.

It was the first time we got to ride Toy Story Mania with no wait and in the late afternoon, we did not even hit the parks until 1pm. I loved it. :thumbsup2

Sammie, when were you there? As more and more people are using MB the more problems are popping up. We were there this week and using the app in the park was nearly impossible. I constantly kept getting a error message about a "blip" in the system. It was very frustrating to say the least.

Laura

Gotta say that I love FP+. I have fp+s for tsm, rnr, and tot on the same day. I've never been to HS without waking up at the crack. Im going to sleep in and then do breakfast at Captain's Grill. Im pumped. Even more helpful is that I've got Soarin and Test track for the afternoon of my incoming travel day! Who knew that one day, I could get to Epcot at 2 and not have to worry about standing in the standby lines for those two. The interface still needs a lot of work IMO, but the end product is great!

No emoticons on my phone but I give a big thumbs up here. ;)

You need to call the number for help, they can fix that for you. The number is listed someone in My Disney Experience. The number on the tickets we got from Undercover Tourist has letters and numbers. I couldn't tell an O from a zero so when I linked the tickets in my account I entered a zero. 5 tickets were recognized but one was not. It had the O as the first character in the number. The I tried it again entering an O instead of a zero and it it worked. Your tickets will link, even if you have to call Disney IT for help. May your Thanksgiving be magical.
. I already did that and they said that my tickets are not convertible until I arrive. I'm not happy about it at all. I bought my tickets in 2005 but never finished using them up because we ended up buying annual passes after that. I feel like I'm being punished.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter