Now I understand the complaining about FP+

I happen to like that I don't have to do the "running of the bulls." :confused3 I never ran but my first stop would be to get a FP for TSMM, or to the other big rides in the other parks, and some people are down right aggressive trying to get to a FP before you.

I am looking forward to this Nov trip and I think I am going to enjoy it way more now that I don't have to run all over. It has also allowed me to figure out ways to do things we never have before, such as the shows. For whatever reason we would always overlook them when the questions of "what next" would come up. Now I can even see before I get there how I can fit them in between my scheduled FPs.

We were very seldom RDers, but, last trip, we missed out on TSM completely because of that. This time, we got 2 FP+ for it. And we're going to DHS one morning for EMH so, I fully expect we'll be able to ride it immediately, and then go back later for our FP+.

I also love the fact that I don't have to fight the herd in the morning and can sleep in. I already have two FP+ for Soarin and TSM and I figure with use of EMH I'll be able to ride a few more times if I want.

We were very seldom RDers, but, last trip, we missed out on TSM completely because of that. This time, we got 2 FP+ for it. And we're going to DHS one morning for EMH so, I fully expect we'll be able to ride it immediately, and then go back later for our FP+.

I used to be a RDer before I started to go down with my husband. He's taught me to slow down and I enjoy WDW in a different way now. But now that we hardly ever make it to RD there was always that added challenge of a good FP return time.

We have missed out in rides because of this as well.

I know some people love the thrill of running to the attractions, just not my thing.

I used to be a RDer before I started to go down with my husband. He's taught me to slow down and I enjoy WDW in a different way now. But now that we hardly ever make it to RD there was always that added challenge of a good FP return time.

We have missed out in rides because of this as well.

I know some people love the thrill of running to the attractions, just not my thing.

Us either. Not killing myself on vacation, just to get to an attraction!

I did the running of the bulls to TSMM ONCE while dd and dh went to ride RnRC and ToT. Well, I had to stop and because some idiot practically trampled a little boy and his father didn't notice for a few seconds. Then I had to catch a stroller from being overturned. I got my FPs and then we rode and thought "really? for THIS they act like that?". I mean its a cute ride but I expected some chunks of gold to be given out at the end or at least a free ticket to WDW! I mean people were acting 9 kinds of crazy!!

We like to do RD but simply because we like being in the parks early and we are up anyway. But TSMM was the only one we ever really tried to hurry and get to for a fp. No more. The next time it was "lets go RIDE TSMM and we'll fp RnRC" of course with dd's love of RnRC, it just became "eh, we'll get to it if we can".

I did the running of the bulls to TSMM ONCE while dd and dh went to ride RnRC and ToT. Well, I had to stop and because some idiot practically trampled a little boy and his father didn't notice for a few seconds. Then I had to catch a stroller from being overturned. I got my FPs and then we rode and thought "really? for THIS they act like that?". I mean its a cute ride but I expected some chunks of gold to be given out at the end or at least a free ticket to WDW! I mean people were acting 9 kinds of crazy!!

".

I understand what you are saying-- I rode this for the first time and thought-- that is 3 minutes of my life I will never get back?
I still cant seem to understand why the running etc for this attraction.
and why NOT at Buzz?

I understand what you are saying-- I rode this for the first time and thought-- that is 3 minutes of my life I will never get back?
and why NOT at Buzz?

Because it is one of the few family rides at this park. You can't take your 3 year old on RnR or ToT. Maybe a new family ride or adding another TSM would help.

i understand what you are saying-- i rode this for the first time and thought-- that is 3 minutes of my life i will never get back?
And why not at buzz?

lol

Because it is one of the few family rides at this park. You can't take your 3 year old on RnR or ToT. Maybe a new family ride or adding another TSM would help.

Well, I am taking my granddaughters for the first time next year. And I still would not try to do the race to get there for fp ever again. Sorry, its not worth the craziness.

After what I saw, I would rather my little dgd sit and watch Beauty and the Beast or Little Mermaid than get caught up in that crazy race. Its ridiculous.

People get way too caught up in making sure they have the perfect trip with the perfect experiences. Funny thing is the parents say "but my KIDS want. . ." and 9 out of 10 times the kid could care less. (meaning the crazy people trying to kill each other for TSMM, not anyone here)

Hmm. I am stumped at all the problems reported. I didn't have any issues getting our FP+ set up, or changing times/attractions. And I booked FP+ for 4 rooms, 20 people! Sure it was time consuming and tedious, but I can't say I encountered any major problems that couldn't be fixed without a bit of effort. The only problem I had was in one room my sister in law showed up twice and my brother in law was not listed. To be able to get him FP I had to call IT and have them fix the problem. Then I had to go back in and add just him to all the FP I had made for the rest of his room. While it took some time and patience I wouldn't say it was "hard" to do.

What I did for each park was pick the 3 attractions we wanted, selected the "option" that least worked for us as I knew I would need to change all the times anyway. Then I went into each attraction and changed the time for each one for the entire week without problems. I never lost the initial FP+ until I confirmed the new one. When picking a new time I was able to see all the times available. And since our ADRs were already made and in the system, it was very easy to plan around those ADRs. The system never gave me options that would interfere with our already scheduled ADRs.

I changed our ToT FP to Fantasmic. Again I had no issues changing that for all 20 people in 4 different rooms. Then when the later Fantasmic was released last week I was able to go back in and change from the 6:30 Fantasmic to the 8:00 Fantasmic without any issues.

Maybe I was just lucky!

Well if you're not one of the families that's got fp+ you are a second class guest even if like us you've spent £1000 on tickets for the pleasure. At the rope drop today for epcot sorin 5.45pm fastpass, test track gone within 15mins and 90 min wait. So folks unless you've got fp+ you will be marginalised. "Still testing" apprantley, be prepared people if you're not staying with Disney you will be cheesed off.

Well if you're not one of the families that's got fp+ you are a second class guest even if like us you've spent £1000 on tickets for the pleasure. At the rope drop today for epcot sorin 5.45pm fastpass, test track gone within 15mins and 90 min wait. So folks unless you've got fp+ you will be marginalised. "Still testing" apprantley, be prepared people if you're not staying with Disney you will be cheesed off.

I'm becoming more and more convinced than ever that last Wednesday's debacle at DHS really was not a glitch. As unsold as I have been on the new system, I really thought the severe shortage of same day FPs wouldn't happen until it was rolled out to all AP holders and offsite guests. I can't even fathom what that will be like.

Well, I am taking my granddaughters for the first time next year. And I still would not try to do the race to get there for fp ever again. Sorry, its not worth the craziness.

After what I saw, I would rather my little dgd sit and watch Beauty and the Beast or Little Mermaid than get caught up in that crazy race. Its ridiculous.

People get way too caught up in making sure they have the perfect trip with the perfect experiences. Funny thing is the parents say "but my KIDS want. . ." and 9 out of 10 times the kid could care less. (meaning the crazy people trying to kill each other for TSMM, not anyone here)

I understand. It isn't for everyone. When we have been there in June, my DH went ahead and pulled a FP while me and DS either did some character greets or got in line for the first Disney Jr. show. Usually our FP return time was around lunch or a little after. We never experience some of the extreme stories of the pushing and shoving I see but believe there are times when things like that happen. I won't say I haven't been cut off or cut in front of but TSMM isn't the only place in Disney that that has happened to me.

I'm becoming more and more convinced than ever that last Wednesday's debacle at DHS really was not a glitch. As unsold as I have been on the new system, I really thought the severe shortage of same day FPs wouldn't happen until it was rolled out to all AP holders and offsite guests. I can't even fathom what that will be like.

I agree, not a glitch IMO.

I'm also wondering how Disney is going to roll this out to all offsite ticket holders, including APs. I bet Disney is wondering the same thing at this point...

It was a glitch. I was there and they were handing out FP tickets at noon at TT and had a CM asking ppl if they wanted a FP ticket and to go over to the one machine to get one. Complete glitch. You couldn't get FP+ slots either.

The issue happened at both EP and DHS.

I understand. It isn't for everyone. When we have been there in June, my DH went ahead and pulled a FP while me and DS either did some character greets or got in line for the first Disney Jr. show. Usually our FP return time was around lunch or a little after. We never experience some of the extreme stories of the pushing and shoving I see but believe there are times when things like that happen. I won't say I haven't been cut off or cut in front of but TSMM isn't the only place in Disney that that has happened to me.

I have heard of it happening for Soaring too but didn't have that experience (thank goodness!). We tend to ride it stand by when the line is shorter. (at night, early a.m. etc.)

I like TSMM but I don't think there is any attraction worth the way I saw people were acting. :scared1:

This, exactly.

Now, my experiences may be different, since I have a DD5 and a DS9, and maybe things will be different once they're teenagers.

I only wanted two fast passes for one day and it suggested one more- that I can't use because the times are before we will get there but I could not cancel it at all. I kept it but how wrong is that? someone else might want it. But it will not let me cancel it without cancelling the others.

carly chloe said:
I only wanted two fast passes for one day and it suggested one more- that I can't use because the times are before we will get there but I could not cancel it at all. I kept it but how wrong is that? someone else might want it. But it will not let me cancel it without cancelling the others.

You aren't stuck with the time it gives you, you can change the time of individual fast passes. And it gives you all available possible times for that fast pass for that day

Sent from my rooted Samsung Galaxy SIII using the DISBoards app

carly chloe said:

And you absolutely can cancel individual passes.

Sent from my rooted Samsung Galaxy SIII using the DISBoards app

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter