Now Bring Me That Horizon ~ It Begins P115

I think I'm having a harder time with this than I will with public school, since this is the first time he's being taken care of by non-family. I got a little misty while I was packing his lunch in his new Transformers lunch box.

I wrote him a little mama loves you note. Am I a dork, or what? :blush:

Maybe, but in a sweet good mama dork way! :)

So I've been totally eyeing these custom made pirate wench costumes on ebay. Who doesn't want to be Jack Sparrow's wench? :lmao:

:confused3 I have no idea. Heck, that job becomes available I'm quitting my job immediately.

I'm really leaning towards this. DH and I discussed it last night, and we think the open day is a good idea.
Your son will probably love the free day too. The first year we went to Disney with the whole family, and the nieces were 2 and 5, they'd be fine for so long in the parks and then all they wanted was the pool. Kids just love the pool!

I know that in my heart. I'm glad I have the DIS and such wonderful people to share my planning with. I sometimes feel like no one else get its. Thank god I found a place where everyone's as crazy as I am.

We're all mad here, right CP? ;)

I know exactly what you mean. I love being able to have this community with people who love it as much as me.:lovestruc

Oh, TK! It can be so hard trying to make everyone happy on a family trip! :hug:

Actually, it sounds like you need more than one hug! :hug::hug::hug:

Thank you. I love a virtual hug from my gal CP! :hug:

I like your plans -- also, we love, love, love the Tusker House buffet -- the characters in their safari gear, the theming of the restaurant, and the food itself. Whether you want Animal Kingdom to be your last park is the big question here, I guess.

Oh, that is so good to know! I'm just having a hard time deciding. :lmao:

:confused3 I have no idea. Heck, that job becomes available I'm quitting my job immediately.

I think Tink and I would fight you for it. ;)

Your son will probably love the free day too. The first year we went to Disney with the whole family, and the nieces were 2 and 5, they'd be fine for so long in the parks and then all they wanted was the pool. Kids just love the pool!

I love the fact that it's right in the middle of the trip as well. :goodvibes Want to swim? Sure. Go to the arcade? Sure. Drink for TK from the pool bar? SURE!!!!! :thumbsup2

I know exactly what you mean. I love being able to have this community with people who love it as much as me.:lovestruc

Me, too. :goodvibes

TK- I'm so happy to hear that you found a pre-school that you like! :woohoo:

And then I talk to my husband and he reminds me that this is our trip. That everyone was invited along for our family vacation. And that if they don't want to come, they don't have to. And that if they don't want to eat where we want to eat, they don't have to.

Are you sure that this is how your Mother views your vacations together? Because actions speak louder than words and her actions are screaming out other-wise. This could be the root of it all.

Nine Dragons...good luck with that one. I read MickeyNicki's review and I know I won't be setting foot in there :scared1:

TK- I'm so happy to hear that you found a pre-school that you like! :woohoo:

Thank you! And he had an AMAZING first day. I can't tell how much I feel like a weight has been lifted.

Are you sure that this is how your Mother views your vacations together? Because actions speak louder than words and her actions are screaming out other-wise. This could be the root of it all.

You're probably right. DH and I had a long talk last night, and my hurt feelings were the final straw for him. He said he's done. This is his one vacation per year, and he doesn't want to do this any more. I can't blame him, it was only a matter of time before we both realized that we needed to focus more on our on little family unit. Unfortunately for me, I knew it would happen once we took a trip just the three of us, but what's done is done.

Nine Dragons...good luck with that one. I read MickeyNicki's review and I know I won't be setting foot in there :scared1:

I thought the exact same thing when I read Nicki's review!

I haven't read her review. I almost did last night and I thought, no. You're stressed enough without reading one review that will make you feel worse and second guess yourself. Because the thing is I've tried restaurants based on people's reviews and sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. And I highly value her opinion, for sure, she writes some of the best reviews and takes some of the best food pics I've ever seen on the DIS. But I know how prone I am to waffling, and so for now, I am remaining blindly ignorant.

This breakfast is so good and so much fun. You get Lilo and Stitch and Mickey and friends in Hawaiian dress-up. Ohana's is so nice for this Character breakfast. We do this breakfast every year.

Jayne

So glad HRH enjoyed his new preschool!!! YEAH!

DO WHAT YOU WANT TO DO!!! You said it yourself, plan what you all are going to do, what you are going to eat....and if she doesn't want to do that, she can make her own plans.

I like the green/blue vera!

:) That's okay, I've been working out lately. I may be a bit older, but I'm wiley! I think I can hold my own. :lmao:

I'm laughing at this mental image of you pysching yourself up.

"I'm wiley. I can take her!" :lmao:

This breakfast is so good and so much fun. You get Lilo and Stitch and Mickey and friends in Hawaiian dress-up. Ohana's is so nice for this Character breakfast. We do this breakfast every year.

Jayne

Hi there! You know, I'd been wondering about that one, and thanks for the recommendation. When I looked at the menu on Allears, it didn't wow me, but I love to hear someone tell from firsthand experience that they enjoyed it. :goodvibes

So glad HRH enjoyed his new preschool!!! YEAH!

Big ole sigh of relief right there!

DO WHAT YOU WANT TO DO!!! You said it yourself, plan what you all are going to do, what you are going to eat....and if she doesn't want to do that, she can make her own plans.

Thank you, hon. I'm currently formulating a plan I think will really have something for everyone. And quite frankly, if it doesn't, I'm going to have to wash my hands at this point and just go with the flow.

I like the green/blue vera!

Thanks! I'll do a big reveal once my new Vera arrives. :thumbsup2

Hey, guys! I just have time for a really quick update here, so I'm going to throw a whole bunch of stuff together in a mish mash hodge podge before we head to my cousin's high school graduation party, and hope you all like it.

I got the Vera bag today. I loved how it was packaged, I felt like I was opening a present! Unfortunately, a very expensive, very disappointing present. I loved the Daisy Daisy print and that's what I ended up ordering. I have to tell you, as soon as I took it out of the bag, I loved the colors and may have even uttered a little sigh of contentment.

Then why is it going back? On further inspection of my new purchase, I discovered a LOT of hanging threads. And I don't just mean a few, I mean...a ton. And not just at random points, I mean right where a seam ends. Not good. For the amount of money I spent on that bag, I expect better workmanship.

I sound so snobbish.

That's not it. It's that DH and I are frugal. We will spend money on something we really want, but if it's a lot of money, it better dang well be worth it. Honestly, this bag does not feel worth what I payed, at all. Which is sad, because it's so cute. My solution is to see if I can find some of the older styles on Ebay and hope that the crafting is better. I mean, there were even threads coming off on my clothing when I tried it on. Sad, but true. Back it goes. Fortunately, there's a store near me where I can easily return it, so no biggie.

I'm getting very, very excited about my ADR window, which opens up on July 1st! I'm apprehensive about online booking, but after reading how easy it was on 2xcited's PTR, I think I'm going to give it a go. The fact that you can get in at six am is great, too, because I have to work that day and I'm usually up anyway. I'm got a few tricks up my sleeve, some possible changes / reshuffling of ideas for the itinerary and our ressies, so I'm excited.

I want to thank you all for listening to my angst and offering your support. I sure needed to vent, and it was nice to feel listened to.

I can hear my menfolk getting ready which means I need to get ready, too!

I think there was more, but hopefully I'll have more time later. :goodvibes

That's too bad about the bag TK. I don't blame you at all. For what they charge for those bags there shouldn't be a loose thread anywhere. There is no excuse for that.

What a shame about the Vera! I have never had a problem with loose threads or shoddy workmanship, so I am shocked. Apparently the quality inspectors were not paying attention on the day they sent your bag off to make its way in the world. :headache:

Can't wait to see what your ADR changes might be...

Hope you are having a fabulous time at your cousin's graduation party!

That's too bad about the bag TK. I don't blame you at all. For what they charge for those bags there shouldn't be a loose thread anywhere. There is no excuse for that.

I know, it's very frustrating!

What a shame about the Vera! I have never had a problem with loose threads or shoddy workmanship, so I am shocked. Apparently the quality inspectors were not paying attention on the day they sent your bag off to make its way in the world. :headache:

I have to say, the cargo sling I used in December is wonderful! Beautifully made, I guess that's why I was so surprised. My mother heard a rumor during one of our Disney trips that the Veras are being manufactured elsewhere now (China, maybe?) and whoever she heard this from said there had been a decline in workmanship. Go figure. :confused3

Can't wait to see what your ADR changes might be...

For what was initially a laid back vacation, I have plans every day. :lmao: It's so different when you have that many people to feed.

Hope you are having a fabulous time at your cousin's graduation party!

We had an amazing time! I have to say though, seeing him all grown up (and his older brother) throws me for a loop. Between them and my other cousins, I feel like saying, when did this happen? You're all perpetually four to me! :rotfl2:

As do we all, right? :lmao:

I think one of my best, and arguably most annoying qualities is my ability to amuse myself. Case in point...my PTR chapter titles. Add that to my uncanny ability to burst out laughing at my job for no apparent reason, leaving my co-workers to stare at me in wonder, and we'll, you've got someone who, when in a good mood, just creates their own brand of funny.

It doesn't help that so many things during the day remind me of Disney. Rides, attractions, shows, characters, you name it, if there's even the most tenuous connection, it's in my head before you can say Jiminy Cricket.

I think what unnerves them the most is not when I sing "Yo ho, yo ho, a pirate's life for me," in its entirety, but when I start with the whole macabre, "Welcome, foolish mortals...there's always room for one more...any volunteers???" :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

Honestly, the ability to amuse yourself, especially when you're not thrilled with your work environment, well it's dang priceless.

What's not priceless, but acutally quite pricey is this whole trip bag thing. Hence the baggage, trip bag, baggage, ADR issues, drama, baggage.

You get the idea.

Anyway, the Vera is going back. Most likely today, once I get my unmotivated self showered and out the door. I have no motivation for errands, but alas, they need to be done.

And I got to thinking. And I didn't want to. I didn't want to be like everyone else. But sometimes, being like everyone else is not quite so bad, especially if everyone else has good ideas.

What am I rambling about?

The Baggalini. :lmao:

I had really underestimated the appeal of this bag. Well, I know they have a whole huge line, but when I say this bag, I mean, this one:

bagga121602_64244_jb.jpg

bagga121602_64242_jb.jpg

I'm showing you the lime green just so you can see the structure of the bag. It's harder to tell in the photo of the black one, but that's actually what I ordered. Basic black goes with everything, and as you can tell from my ranting about shoes, that's pretty much what I have in my wardrobe. Lots of jeans and black with some colors thrown in here and there.

I'm pretty sure this is the one that Wings said she had, and maybe even Maroo, too? I like the fact that it's a messenger style strap that goes across my body. I really prefer the feel of that rather than the traditional style backpack. I also feel like it's unisex enough for myself and DH to carry without looking out of place, because if he doesn't want to do the across style, he can just throw it over his shoulder.

Here's the product description:
Product Description (Women's baggallini MES160 Messenger Bagg)

This functional and stylish bagg features a variety of pockets with zippered compartments and a concealed organized pocket for PDA, keys, pens/lipstick, business cards, checkbook, coins and more. This comfortable one strap bagg keeps your cell phone or money at your fingertips in the hidden pocket on the front strap. Made of lightweight water resistant Ripstop Nylon fabric.

Dimensions: 13" x 10" x 4"

Weight: 16 oz

I don't know if you're aware, but I go nutty over a bag with a lot of pockets. The more pockets, the happier I am. I love to have everything for myself and DS separate, and to keep everything in it's place. It makes life so much easier when you're not rifling through one big interior pocket to find everything.

I really want to love a Vera bag, because I love color and prints and they're fun. But after all your rave reviews of the Baggalini brand, I thought I'd head over to bagsbuy.com and just check it out. Well, it turns out this bag was actually on sale. It was on sale for $37.45 down from $44.95. I found a coupon code for $10 off my purchase, and go the first time customer discount of 10% off.

All told, this bag cost less than $25 with shipping. Quite frankly, I don't think I'm going to be able to do much better than that. I'm really hoping that when this arrives, I like it and it works. I really need to get something in place, because even though we have three months, I still feel like this is one duck I need to get in a row.

So far, this is how the shopping cards lie. We're keeping the following:

242943_30841_41.jpg
DSCI0230.jpg
- These Keens in black. All told, cost was under $65. I've been wearing them around the house and I like how they feel and look. They're sporty, and cute.

6627-675799-d.jpg
- These Teva flips. All told, cost was under $25. They don't match a lot of my wardrobe, but they're too comfortable to let go since I can't find black ones.

DSCI0231.jpg
- DS' new swimsuit, my new Mickey purse, and the Nemo pens for character signing. I have to say, I really love this black purse. I used it yesterday, and it was very comfortable to wear. If I don't like the Baggalini, I'll be using this as a purse, and then a tote to carry DS' stuff in. That's my last resort. You'll know I've given up when I tell you that's what I'm doing. Not because I don't like the purse or anything. I think it's just the fear that I'd leave it somewhere. That's one of the reasons I like the cross body bags, because when you sit down on a ride, it's attached to you. When you leave, attached. You know? And with a four year old, it's so easy to get distracted.

So there you have it. I see through my Kohls tracking that the tanks I ordered have arrived, so maybe in our near future there will be a post about homemade shirts. I did go out and buy the tie dye kit, and DH does have the weekend off, so hopefully we can at least get started on these. It's exciting!

One of the most fun parts of preparing for the trip I think, is making all the neat stuff to go along with it.

It also helps to distract me from the impending ADR countdown. :scared1:

It also helps to distract me from the impending ADR countdown. :scared1:

Tell me about it. We are going 9/27-10/9 (long trip, long story), and my 90-day window opens up tomorrow. I am freaking :scared: out.

I actually came in to the office tonight to "practice" the on-line system!

Anyway, love the new bag.

Tell me about it. We are going 9/27-10/9 (long trip, long story), and my 90-day window opens up tomorrow. I am freaking :scared: out.

I actually came in to the office tonight to "practice" the on-line system!

Well, it's definitely nice to know I'm not alone in my fears.

Here's some pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust: for you, I hope you get what you want!

Anyway, love the new bag.

My trip totally overlaps yours, I just noticed...have we talked about this before? I can't remember. Maybe we'll run into each other. ;)

Thanks on the bag, I hope it works. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter