• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

November/December 2016 discount code watch

Here too! Hoping to go in early November before a short cruise. Would be our first time at the Food and Wine Festival! :)

We are booked for Nov. 13th-18th. Booked with dining.... but hoping to be able to apply FD if its available that week. Went in 2013 and was lucky enough to apply FD then. Fingers crossed!

Last edited:
Just booked Christmas break for DD's early graduation present. Woohoo! Can't wait!!!!!

I'm in!

We are booked at CBR for 12/16/16 - 12/23-16. Fingers crossed for Free Dining!

Joining the fun as well. I will be going for Christmas and New Year's as a graduation present!

Hi All!

Just book our trip for next year at POFQ from November 23-Dec 3, 2016 with 7 people. Yep, we will be there on Thanksgiving Day! We are also hoping for FD. I don't want to change resorts but I am willing to for the FD. Happy Planning everyone!

Joining! Not booked yet but looking at first week of December 2016 (Dec 4 - 11). Not sure whether free dining or the room discount will be better for us.

Do you ever use the historical discount chart on Mousesavers.com? It's very helpful! It doesn't list exclusions, though.

We are so excited to go back in November 2016! We went in November 2014, and had the best time, with FD! Hoping to do the same this year.

I am assuming most here are waiting to see what free dining will be like next year. Any thoughts or speculations on what might change? We tried Coronado Springs this year and moved two nights in because we didn't like it. Port Orleans either one is fine with us, but they were both blocked out this year. Caribbean beach resort is not really a fit for us either especially at Christmas. Sigh this waiting and not knowing is driving me crazy.

Sorry to report that my DH started a new job and he will be working during our planned vacation time :-( So, I have to pull out of this group. I'm now off to join the September group. I hope everyone has a great time in November.

After we found out Star Wars Weekends were cancelled in the spring, that was all it took for my husband to ax the idea of a May/June trip. Since we aren't going then I told him we are absolutely going to Disney for Christmas 2016! I decided I wanted to do it as a Christmas present to my two girls. I ideally would love to surprise them with a trip on Christmas Day, but I have read too many horror stories about the week after Christmas. So the tentative dates I have booked are December 19 - 25, so they can wake up at Disney Christmas morning before we leave, and we can have slightly better crowds, although still very busy. I still want to keep the trip a secret, not sure when and how to surprise them.

I'm sure my dates and resorts will change several times between now and then, lol. I have a deposit down on POFQ, but I would switch to CBR if free dining is offered for my dates. But if I had to pay rack rate for a standard room I think I want to stay at POFQ, either there or POR. Do people prefer POFQ or POR and why? We're going to go regardless, because I have plenty of time to save up for it, but free dining would be nice. Just not looking forward to how they screw with it next year, I was part of the frenzy of it this year before we cancelled that trip. If anyone has any suggestions for going the week before Christmas I'd love to hear them - it is never too early for some planning!

Last edited:
After we found out Star Wars Weekends were cancelled in the spring, that was all it took for my husband to ax the idea of a May/June trip. Since we aren't going then I told him we are absolutely going to Disney for Christmas 2016! I decided I wanted to do it as a Christmas present to my two girls. I ideally would love to surprise them with a trip on Christmas Day, but I have read too many horror stories about the week after Christmas. So the tentative dates I have booked are December 19 - 25, so they can wake up at Disney Christmas morning before we leave, and we can have slightly better crowds, although still very busy. I still want to keep the trip a secret, not sure when and how to surprise them.

I'm sure my dates and resorts will change several times between now and then, lol. I have a deposit down on POFQ, but I would switch to CBR if free dining is offered for my dates. But if I had to pay rack rate for a standard room I think I want to stay at POFQ, either there or POR. Do people prefer POFQ or POR and why? We're going to go regardless, because I have plenty of time to save up for it, but free dining would be nice. Just not looking forward to how they screw with it next year, I was part of the frenzy of it this year before we cancelled that trip. If anyone has any suggestions for going the week before Christmas I'd love to hear them - it is never too early for some planning!
There's also a *chance* with those dates that you will get free dining. Our original dates were similar for this year (2015) and we were going to pick up on the free dining offer that went through the 21st (I believe). So if they do what they did last year then you may have made a good choice. Although, you will have to watch like a hawk for the announcement sometime in the spring so you can get the deal before it's snatched up. :)

~Cari~ pluto:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter