November/December 2012?

Travel Mum said:
Now you are down to a week, the REALLY SERIOUS countdown begins! Enjoy!!! :cheer2:

So true Travel Mum - at this time next week we will be at the airport with just over 3 hours till our flight:)

so close for you now dabecs! :yay:

I sorted through my toiletries etc on Saturday to make sure I had everything and also bought a us plug adapter - trying to get all those little things organised so I don't have a mad rush at the end. My last couple of weeks at work are going to be manic so want to make things as easy on myself as possible. Packing the toiletries made me think of my medication, do I need to carry a letter from my doctor with my prescription medication for customs? I've never had a problem taking it to Aus but starting to wonder...:confused3

I'm posting to check my ticker too :rotfl:.

I haven't done anything much further since my last update which is kind of a worry. I truly need to get going on some things but I've been so busy with work I can't find the time. I think I am going to drag the suitcases out this weekend and check the toiletries and finally write a comprehensive list for packing so I can think about what winter clothes we need to take. I'm not sure whether we have the right stuff but it will all become very clear once we get there :laughing:.

So close for us all now. Most especially you dabecs.

I have very belatedly realised that I could be on this departure list too however I'm not going to Disney. We do leave on 29 December to Honolulu though :-)cool1: - see I'm trying to get excited!)

I have very belatedly realised that I could be on this departure list too however I'm not going to Disney. We do leave on 29 December to Honolulu though :-)cool1: - see I'm trying to get excited!)

You absolutely need to be on this departure list. And we are all about travel in this forum, not just Disney. You know we love any destination :thumbsup2.

Ms. Shuttergirl said:
You absolutely need to be on this departure list. And we are all about travel in this forum, not just Disney. You know we love any destination :thumbsup2.

I agree with Ms Shuttergirl! Travel Mum what are your dates and where in Hawaii are you staying? I'll add you to the OP:)

I love the non Disney travel stories as much as the Disney ones.

I agree with Ms Shuttergirl! Travel Mum what are your dates and where in Hawaii are you staying? I'll add you to the OP:)

I love the non Disney travel stories as much as the Disney ones.

Can you add me too? Flying out in 3 days.

I'm travelling 1 Nov - 11 Nov. SoCal and NorCal.

Just saw news on Hurricane Sandy. Hope it doesn't affect anyone's travel plans...

shushh said:
Just saw news on Hurricane Sandy. Hope it doesn't affect anyone's travel plans...

We are all crossing fingers for our work mate, she arrived in nyc on saturday - talk about bad timing!

Beee said:
We are all crossing fingers for our work mate, she arrived in nyc on saturday - talk about bad timing!

Hope she's safe. Is she traveling by herself?

Very excited for everyone traveling soon. We had to put our plans on hold :sad2:. So I need lots of travel reports and pics so I can live through all of you :thumbsup2

PiO and Travel Mum - I have added you to the op:thumbsup2

DisneyGirl - shame you had to put your plans on hold, hope they can be rescheduled soon:)

I'm sad to hear that AP previews of the new Fantasyland are pushing up crowd levels for our dates, but I'm guessing the rest of MK and the other parks shouldn't be affected too much. And lots of people are saying the new rides are open during MNSSHP so hope they will be for MVMCP:hyper:

Ms Shuttergirl - are you checking in to AKL on 9 Dec?

Due to free dining being offered we had to change from doing a split stay at AKL and POFQ to choosing one. The cost of doing 1 resort over the other was ENORMOUS so we went with POFQ for the whole time. I was super sad to let go of AKL but in the end the kids said "mum for a saving of $1800, that's an easy decision".

So to answer your question, no we aren't checking into AKL on 9 Dec, sob sob. We are checking into POFQ.

What about yourself?

That's a shame Disneygirlinoz. I'm sure you will get an overload of TR's and pics.

PiO and Travel Mum - I have added you to the op:thumbsup2

DisneyGirl - shame you had to put your plans on hold, hope they can be rescheduled soon:)

I'm sad to hear that AP previews of the new Fantasyland are pushing up crowd levels for our dates, but I'm guessing the rest of MK and the other parks shouldn't be affected too much. And lots of people are saying the new rides are open during MNSSHP so hope they will be for MVMCP:hyper:

Thanks Ms. Shuttergirl & dabecs. It's difficult to make the decision to put plans on hold but sometimes it's for the best and it just makes the planning for the next trip even more exciting. Very excited for both of you. You will both be there around the same time we were meant to go so can't wait for the TR's and lots of Fantasyland info :goodvibes

Thanks Ms. Shuttergirl & dabecs. It's difficult to make the decision to put plans on hold but sometimes it's for the best and it just makes the planning for the next trip even more exciting. Very excited for both of you. You will both be there around the same time we were meant to go so can't wait for the TR's and lots of Fantasyland info :goodvibes

It's a really tough thing you've had to do, hopefully you can find some joy in following along with us and feel free to ask for particular details as we go along.

So sorry you had to change track but everything will work out in the end.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter