November/December 2012?

kyl said:
Hey there....I have been a bit slack on the dis board of late but had to share that we leave in six sleeps!!!!this time next week we will be on the Disney dream. So excited. Going to do a week at bay lake tower. Two nights animation resort and five nights SSR!!! Doing mickeys Christmas party:yay: can't believe it's nearly here!:dance3:

Wow! You're really trying out a few resorts. How awesome. In particular would love to hear your thoughts on SSR and bay lake tower. Was it you who booked through DVC?

Good luck with all the last minute things before the trip!

Ms. Shuttergirl said:
The photo looks great my luv but I need to make sure you are documenting "photographically", if only for yourself, every single aspect of the build. Every angle, every new stage, make sure you capture it all. Looking great so far, and since I've seen the plans, I know how spectacular this house will be. It really will be like a "family compound" which I think is truly sweet.

Thank you for your kind words. I'm already regretting not taking photos from the same angles! Will work harder at it...

Shushh we drove past the "block we let go" yesterday on the way home from the shops. We haven't even gone within a whisper of the place for 12 months since making the monumental decision not to build and to focus on travel. I felt a little shiver as we drove past, a few pangs of "what if" but within minutes I was already back to being excited about our trips. And then when we walked into the door of our existing lovely home, I thought, it's okay, we are good, we are happy, no regrets.

Whew, I was a bit worried for a second but it was good to check the "did we do the right thing-o-meter" and know we did.

Shushh we drove past the "block we let go" yesterday on the way home from the shops. We haven't even gone within a whisper of the place for 12 months since making the monumental decision not to build and to focus on travel. I felt a little shiver as we drove past, a few pangs of "what if" but within minutes I was already back to being excited about our trips. And then when we walked into the door of our existing lovely home, I thought, it's okay, we are good, we are happy, no regrets.

Whew, I was a bit worried for a second but it was good to check the "did we do the right thing-o-meter" and know we did.

It sounds like you've finally closed the book on building both in your hearts and mind. I think its important to do. Its great that you were were able to visit and have no regrets. Sounds cliched...but a house does not make a home!

It sounds like you've finally closed the book on building both in your hearts and mind. I think its important to do. Its great that you were were able to visit and have no regrets. Sounds cliched...but a house does not make a home!

That's very true. It's a shame it took us 2 years and alot of money to find that out, but at least we did in the end :rolleyes1 :lmao:.

It would've been very different if our house wasn't big enough to accommodate our family, etc. We would've kept going with that plan. But it wasn't any of those things, we always loved this house. It was more a "move closer to the city" thing and hey, who doesn't want a beautiful new house right. I've no regrets though, which is a relief :laughing:.

I'm getting really excited for our trip now. Just need to organise that other pesky trip alot more before we head off on this one. I'm very disorganised.

That's very true. It's a shame it took us 2 years and alot of money to find that out, but at least we did in the end :rolleyes1 :lmao:.

It would've been very different if our house wasn't big enough to accommodate our family, etc. We would've kept going with that plan. But it wasn't any of those things, we always loved this house. It was more a "move closer to the city" thing and hey, who doesn't want a beautiful new house right. I've no regrets though, which is a relief :laughing:.

I'm getting really excited for our trip now. Just need to organise that other pesky trip alot more before we head off on this one. I'm very disorganised.

If you've got flights, accomodation and transport sorted, then you're good to go! At least that's what I'm telling myself!!! :lmao:

I saw that you only 49 sleeps to go which led me to the realisation that we leave in 45 days. Panic!! Oops sorry, I meant to say...I've got flights, accomodation and transport sorted, I'm good to go!

Ms Shuttergirl, can you tell me where you bought the towels from, please? And would they still be on sale?

Wow! You're really trying out a few resorts. How awesome. In particular would love to hear your thoughts on SSR and bay lake tower. Was it you who booked through DVC?

Good luck with all the last minute things before the trip!

Hey shushhh, yes I booked through davids vacation rentals so I will let you alll know how I get on! I hope I have no issues. So far so good though. I have checked my reservation through disney and its all set to go:thumbsup2. Yes looking forward to all three resorts and having a fridge etc will be great. Good luck with your house. Looks like it is moving along! My husband built ours and I mean built it:scared1:Every brick, tile piece of wood he put in. While we lived in the only two rooms he had left of the orginal house. It was hard going for 12mths but worth it at the end. I often think how lucky we are when the kids have birthdays or we have christmas at ours. Its lovely to share the end result with family and friends;)

If you've got flights, accomodation and transport sorted, then you're good to go! At least that's what I'm telling myself!!! :lmao:

I saw that you only 49 sleeps to go which led me to the realisation that we leave in 45 days. Panic!! Oops sorry, I meant to say...I've got flights, accomodation and transport sorted, I'm you're good to go!

Well now see Shushh, that's the problem. I haven't booked any of the internal flights, just the to and from international ones. I don't have flights from Canberra yet, I haven't booked DLP accom yet because I want a deal and there aren't any yet. And no transfers/transport. I'm having a little moment and my workload has shot through the roof.

So why am I playing here on the Dis I hear you ask :rotfl2:.

Ms Shuttergirl, can you tell me where you bought the towels from, please? And would they still be on sale?

We bought them at Kathmandu Marlea. The items were marked down in the store, not sure if that is all stores though.

Hey shushhh, yes I booked through davids vacation rentals so I will let you alll know how I get on! I hope I have no issues. So far so good though. I have checked my reservation through disney and its all set to go:thumbsup2. Yes looking forward to all three resorts and having a fridge etc will be great. Good luck with your house. Looks like it is moving along! My husband built ours and I mean built it:scared1:Every brick, tile piece of wood he put in. While we lived in the only two rooms he had left of the orginal house. It was hard going for 12mths but worth it at the end. I often think how lucky we are when the kids have birthdays or we have christmas at ours. Its lovely to share the end result with family and friends;)

I shuddered in fear when I read that! But good for you! What an achievement, and how rewarding it must have felt at the end of it.

I'm going to be lazy here and ask if you made requests with regards to which area you wanted at SSR?

Well now see Shushh, that's the problem. I haven't booked any of the internal flights, just the to and from international ones. I don't have flights from Canberra yet, I haven't booked DLP accom yet because I want a deal and there aren't any yet. And no transfers/transport. I'm having a little moment and my workload has shot through the roof.

So why am I playing here on the Dis I hear you ask :rotfl2:.

The same reason I am?!??!

Yes I asked for the paddock pool area. It looks like a nice pool and a newer section of SSR. We booked a one bedroom villa even though there is five of us. They do allow an extra person at SSR?! but our little fella will sleep with us in the king bed which will be fine. Since he makes his way into our queen sized bed most mornings at home! Yes it was hard work with the build!! Our eldest was going to school (kindergarten) and our second was only 18mths old. Lucky we moved in by the third. I remember at times thinking what have we done....wouldn't do it again. BUT glad we did do it, if that makes sense! Its never ending though there is always something else on the to do list....now he has pulled apart the orginal bathroom downstairs and is re-building that! Its not fun having one toliet up stairs with five in a house hold yikes......ah disney keeps me sane. I dream away about our next adventure and try to ignore the mess etc.

We’re planning to stay at DVC villas next Dec when we visit WDW. The plan is either AKL, BLT or SSR. I know I can/should research myself but laziness prevails! I know that SSR is quite big and spread out. When we’re there, we’re likely to go the Downtown area so would be interested to hear an Aussies perspective on walking distances/transport from SSR, especially from another family of 5 with similarly aged children!

So I don’t suppose your bathroom will be ready before you leave then...

Sure I will let you know! If you are planning on doing BLT or AKL I would book in as soon as possible as these DVC resorts fill fast! Especially if you want a one bedroom standard. SSR is easy enough because its so big but the other two I would check into how far in advance you can book and do so. We booked BLT right on the dot of being able to I think it was early December last year!!! That was for a booking in early November this year! I know that the standards fill fast within a few weeks of being able to book...as they have the same views as the other villas just that they are on the lower 5 floors. We tried to book AKL for our second week and couldn't get in although we did leave this booking until June this year. All that was available was SSR or OKW. I am happy though as we love downtown disney and will use SSR days for this. Oh goofy candy cane I hear you calling.....

Shushh, I have earlier been in contact with David's DVC Rental about renting for December next year, even though now I know for sure we won't be going.
Anyway, for December 13 dates, you can book in January 13. DVC owners can book their home resorts 11 months out and, since you'd be renting from an owner, that makes it possible for you too. The only problem is that I think December dates are hard to get though as that is when a lot of DVC owners go to stay themselves. Good luck though and I'll be keen to know how you go as I'm got my fingers crossed that luck might shine on us to be able to afford to go back the following December. Hope that helps :thumbsup2

Just realized its 6 weeks today for me! My final payment for WDW was done on Friday so all I've got left to do is buy my DLR ticket- yay!!

Hey, we booked a standard one bedroom villa. Travel mum is right about December being really busy! If you book 11mths out though you should be fine. David has a website and on that site he lets you know how long in advance you should book depending on what it is you want and where. I would definately look into it now for next year as you don't want to miss out. As I said before I will let all know if my experience renting through him has gone well. But so far so good it was easy!!!! Can't believe we have four sleeps peoples four sleeps!!!!!!!

one week to go until we set off for melbourne and 8 days until the long long flight!!
i still wont believe it until im actually standing in Orlando ! still living with the doubt in my mind that things are actually going to work out now!

Shushh, I have earlier been in contact with David's DVC Rental about renting for December next year, even though now I know for sure we won't be going.
Anyway, for December 13 dates, you can book in January 13. DVC owners can book their home resorts 11 months out and, since you'd be renting from an owner, that makes it possible for you too. The only problem is that I think December dates are hard to get though as that is when a lot of DVC owners go to stay themselves. Good luck though and I'll be keen to know how you go as I'm got my fingers crossed that luck might shine on us to be able to afford to go back the following December. Hope that helps :thumbsup2

Hey, we booked a standard one bedroom villa. Travel mum is right about December being really busy! If you book 11mths out though you should be fine. David has a website and on that site he lets you know how long in advance you should book depending on what it is you want and where. I would definately look into it now for next year as you don't want to miss out. As I said before I will let all know if my experience renting through him has gone well. But so far so good it was easy!!!! Can't believe we have four sleeps peoples four sleeps!!!!!!!

Thank you for sharing the info :thumbsup2
I have found an owner who will rent me his points. I just have to work out the type of villas I want, eg at Saratoga springs. Travel mum I hope you get there in 2014. Fingers crossed for you! Kyl I wish I was leaving in days rather than weeks...whoa hold that thought...maybe not. Im not ready!!!

Just realized its 6 weeks today for me! My final payment for WDW was done on Friday so all I've got left to do is buy my DLR ticket- yay!!

Woohoo!! I always find it a great relief to have final payments made.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter