November/December 2012?

We just saw snow flakes outside our window! We are on the 20th floor and by the time we got our coats on and got outside there was nothing left... Fingers crossed we will get some more:)

Went on a carriage ride through Central Park today and then did some shopping at Macys:) it's only 4:30pm but we decided we needed an evening at home - it's been go go go since we arrived!

We just saw snow flakes outside our window! We are on the 20th floor and by the time we got our coats on and got outside there was nothing left... Fingers crossed we will get some more:)

Went on a carriage ride through Central Park today and then did some shopping at Macys:) it's only 4:30pm but we decided we needed an evening at home - it's been go go go since we arrived!

Hey Dabecs, awwww snowflakes. I have my fingers crossed we get to witness that as well.

Did you enjoy your carriage ride through Central Park? May I ask how much you paid for that and how long the ride went for? We have done it once before in 2009 however I know the pricing must have increased quite alot since then so would welcome your advice.

An evening at home sounds perfectly heavenly. You can't just keep going going going every day without needing a rest on occasion.

Ms Shuttergirl - the carriage rides are $50 for 20 minutes, they are all the same set price. And of course on top of that you have to tip;)

Today was planned as our climbing the Statue day but as she is now closed I'm not sure of our exact plans. Last night I watched a show about the Rockettes Christmas Spectacular which we are going to tomorrow - can't wait!

Shushh - last night was supposed to be our night at Ninja but I cancelled because we all needed a night at 'home'. I'm still hoping we can get there another night this week.

Ms Shuttergirl - the carriage rides are $50 for 20 minutes, they are all the same set price. And of course on top of that you have to tip;)

Today was planned as our climbing the Statue day but as she is now closed I'm not sure of our exact plans. Last night I watched a show about the Rockettes Christmas Spectacular which we are going to tomorrow - can't wait!

Shushh - last night was supposed to be our night at Ninja but I cancelled because we all needed a night at 'home'. I'm still hoping we can get there another night this week.

Thanks Dabecs, that's what my research had told me, its good to have it confirmed by someone on the scene.

Catch the ferry to Staten Island if it's running as it goes right past Lady Liberty and you get a better view from the water than if you were on the island with her.

Thanks Dabecs, that's what my research had told me, its good to have it confirmed by someone on the scene.

Catch the ferry to Staten Island if it's running as it goes right past Lady Liberty and you get a better view from the water than if you were on the island with her.

We did just that today Ms Shuttergirl:thumbsup2 And tonight we had dim sum in Chinatown:woohoo:

Tomorrow is the 9/11 memorial and then the Radio City Christmas Spectacular! There was a tv show on about it last night, a behind the scenes style, it looked so fab:hyper: I can't wait!

The Rockettes were AMAZING:goodvibes. Ms Shuttergirl I was thinking about you when I was watching and kept thinking how much you are going to love it:love:

Each act is short enough to keep the whole audience enthralled. And the precision, the timing the perfection? I have never seen anything like it:hyper:

The Nativity is so beautiful, it looks like art work.

:love::love::love:

Oh Dabecs, you are so sweet to think of me. I truly cannot wait to see it.

Tell me, are you able to take photos while in there and watching?

You seem to be having the most magical trip, all your planning has certainly paid off.

Dabecs you are so luck to be away still, mwe have been back 4 days and already its a distant memory!! this time last week was Hollywood studios, today housework and washing!
Our flights home were soooo long, 36hrs from door to door, alone with 2 kids, one of whom broke out in some terrible rash/hives on the flight that before takeoff in LAX the cabin manager had to call medlink to get approval for him to fly, the other kid was throwing up or collapsing on the floor from exhaustion ...then to top it all off as i was dragging myself, 2kids and 3 hand luggage bags out of the lift at the LAX Qantas lounge, who should ask their kids to move aside so we could get out but Victoria Beckham!! She looked fab, i looked like crap! I couldnt bring myself to ask for a photo with her!
Arrival into Australia, knew we were back as not one person offered to help me when 2 of my bags fell off my trolley in the crowded arrivals hall at Melbourne airport as I struggled to lift them back on !!! Ahhh I had been in a Disney bubble of excellent customer service for too long!
What a great trip tho, wish Id bought more stuff, you know when you think you have done too much shopping, yet when you unpack you feel like its not enough! Even if the struggle with an extra bag would have been painful!
My DS7 told me he never wants to get on a plane again as he was so airsick, so not sure if my inteneded plan of going back once DH can get travel insurance will come to fruition, i guess I have a year to work on it!!!

Ms. Shuttergirl said:
Oh Dabecs, you are so sweet to think of me. I truly cannot wait to see it.

Tell me, are you able to take photos while in there and watching?

You seem to be having the most magical trip, all your planning has certainly paid off.

On the the way in there was some announcement about no cameras which worried me because I had mine but no one said anything once we were in. I saw plenty of people holding up iPhones videoing during the performance. I even saw a flash or two go off.

Baf65: sorry to hear your trip home was so long and painful:(

The realities of life after Disney are hard to get used to! Everything is so well organised down there and as you said the customer service is unbeatable. Last night we watched an old episode of Roseanne where the family went to WDW! At the very end when they are back home the doorbell rings and it is a waiter who has flown their breakfast to them!

I don't blame your son for not wanting to fly again - is there any medication available for air sickness?

Dabecs you are so luck to be away still, mwe have been back 4 days and already its a distant memory!! this time last week was Hollywood studios, today housework and washing!
Our flights home were soooo long, 36hrs from door to door, alone with 2 kids, one of whom broke out in some terrible rash/hives on the flight that before takeoff in LAX the cabin manager had to call medlink to get approval for him to fly, the other kid was throwing up or collapsing on the floor from exhaustion ...then to top it all off as i was dragging myself, 2kids and 3 hand luggage bags out of the lift at the LAX Qantas lounge, who should ask their kids to move aside so we could get out but Victoria Beckham!! She looked fab, i looked like crap! I couldnt bring myself to ask for a photo with her!
Arrival into Australia, knew we were back as not one person offered to help me when 2 of my bags fell off my trolley in the crowded arrivals hall at Melbourne airport as I struggled to lift them back on !!! Ahhh I had been in a Disney bubble of excellent customer service for too long!
What a great trip tho, wish Id bought more stuff, you know when you think you have done too much shopping, yet when you unpack you feel like its not enough! Even if the struggle with an extra bag would have been painful!
My DS7 told me he never wants to get on a plane again as he was so airsick, so not sure if my inteneded plan of going back once DH can get travel insurance will come to fruition, i guess I have a year to work on it!!!

Sorry to hear about all the troubles. Getting on the plane sounds very exhausting for you all.

The best way to get over post trip blues is to plan another trip, no matter how far out.

Baf65 welcome home! Even though the journey sounded like a lot of hard work. It is tough to be home after Disney. I think we all get the post Disney blues!

Dabecs I was so excited when I read that you loved the rockettes! I wish I could go and watch it again.

Lisa when we went I had to store my DSLR with security. They wouldn't let me take it in but I suppose they can't stop iPhones or small cameras.

I am all for taking cameras everywhere, but I think a line should be drawn for live theatre -

Leave it at home, enjoy the show and buy the programme!

Times up for me! I am sitting in the cbr q club waiting for flight and christmas at disney:santa:
Here's hoping i don't hit some of the problems baf65 hit but i have to admit i'm no posh spice!
Best wishes for those coming behind me. :goodvibes

Baf65 welcome home! Even though the journey sounded like a lot of hard work. It is tough to be home after Disney. I think we all get the post Disney blues!

Dabecs I was so excited when I read that you loved the rockettes! I wish I could go and watch it again.

Lisa when we went I had to store my DSLR with security. They wouldn't let me take it in but I suppose they can't stop iPhones or small cameras.

I hadn't even thought of taking my camera in actually until I read Dabecs's update. I will likely have my little point and shoot in my bag for a shot of the kids with the stage behind them before the show starts.

Times up for me! I am sitting in the cbr q club waiting for flight and christmas at disney:santa:
Here's hoping i don't hit some of the problems baf65 hit but i have to admit i'm no posh spice!
Best wishes for those coming behind me. :goodvibes

Have fun Sugarglider, might see you wandering around although I'd say there will be a few other people in the parks too. Enjoy Fantasyland

It's worth a trip to the doctor to see what can be done for your son if you want to travel again. My youngest has quite bad travel sickness but we now use some medication and she is great - the only side affect is she does get a bit sleepy. Not such a bad thing on a long flight.........

Glad you enjoyed your holiday, coming back to reality can be a pain :duck:

battymum said:
I am all for taking cameras everywhere, but I think a line should be drawn for live theatre -

Leave it at home, enjoy the show and buy the programme!

I agree! There was a guy in front of me who had his iPhone in front of his face filming the entire time. Where is the enjoyment in that?

I took my camera for photos of my girls before/after the show, but for photos of the show I bought the programme;)

Sorry to hear about your difficult flight home baf65.
We just use Sealegs for air travel and them seem to work okay.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter