November 7, 2009 ~~~~ AHOY ST.CROIX ~~~~

We are a family of 8. This trip will be Nannie, me & 2 sisters, and our 3 kids (12,8,4) plus my friend. Three of us will travel from Boston and Five will travel from Philly and meet up the day before. Any suggestions on hotels for Friday?

We decided on the Doubletree in CocoaBeach. You can leave your car (plus for my inlaws who are driving to FL). It is oceanfront and $4 pp to shuttle to the port. We're excited to spend Friday relaxing on the beach and getting in the cruise mood! Shirley's thread on helpful things to know also said there was a great sushi place nearby. :banana:

Welcome to all the new folks! I'm pretty excited already...jump on in and share in the excitement!

:welcome: Platamama and family. Funny how some DH's can be so in the dark isn't it?? After all the cruises we have been on - my DH can still be pretty clueless on some things and on some he just doesn't share the excitement. I think planning is fun/entertaining/relaxing and a great way to spend your time between cruising! And the DIS - don't know where I would be without it. There is a wealth of information here and you can take as much or as little as you choose.

TGIF - have a restful weekend everyone. Our youngest DS joined a fraternity at college and we are going to a brunch on Sunday and then to their frat house. I will let you all know how that turns out....

Yippee! I just made our pre-cruise reservation. We're just landed a savannah view studio at the AK DVC. 7 months from today we will be in WDW. 7 months from Tuesday we'll all be sailing!

Hey Everyone...happy sunday. I am so excited to see the time counting down for our cruise.

I guess when I start making excursions it will seem more real to me. Right now it just feels like a dream....I sounds silly I know.

Anyway I feel very lazy today but there is no time for that. Have a good rest of the weekend guys.

What are we doing on page three???

Sunday was an interesting experience. They had a nice breakfast at a country club (Drew commented on the fact that we had REAL scrambled eggs so I guess they get that other kind in the school cafeteria, yuk) and then we went back to the frat house. Interesting old house that the college owns and doesn't update as much as they should. But, I have two couches in storage that I think I will donate to them - their meeting room had quite the assortment. I was afraid to sit down for fear I would sink to the floor on some of them - and then htere were others that we were just told not to sit on. Drew won the Isaac M. Jordan Award (the new guy they figure will do the most for the chapter) which was interesting. They also gave away a scholarship to another pledge.

I hope that none of you got any snow in this latest storm - we didn't get much - an inch maybe. Sometime soon it will be May and the snow will stop.

What are we doing on page three???

Sunday was an interesting experience. They had a nice breakfast at a country club (Drew commented on the fact that we had REAL scrambled eggs so I guess they get that other kind in the school cafeteria, yuk) and then we went back to the frat house. Interesting old house that the college owns and doesn't update as much as they should. But, I have two couches in storage that I think I will donate to them - their meeting room had quite the assortment. I was afraid to sit down for fear I would sink to the floor on some of them - and then htere were others that we were just told not to sit on. Drew won the Isaac M. Jordan Award (the new guy they figure will do the most for the chapter) which was interesting. They also gave away a scholarship to another pledge.

I hope that none of you got any snow in this latest storm - we didn't get much - an inch maybe. Sometime soon it will be May and the snow will stop.

Wow..sounds like the frat house was an experience. Glad u were able to go and enjoy the wonderful eggs.

So just wondering about something and thought I would ask. Some other groups Have a name for their cruise. Is this something every group does? Tell me about this please. And are we going to do a group meet? Sorry so many questions.

I have five families signed up for the FE. Please let me know if others want to join in.

Anyway have a good night. Just wanted to say hello.

I'm sure we'll have a meet, Traci! That's what DISers DO! lol.

...and sometimes more than one!

As far as a name goes - we just need someone creative to come up with something. If the group agrees - we have a name. I may be many things but creative in that direction - not so much. But I will think about it and post something. Come on everyone - let's get creative and come up with a name!

I'm so excited about having figured out what I'm going to make for the FE!:yay: Only 7 more months minus a day now!!!

I'm sure we'll have a meet, Traci! That's what DISers DO! lol.

As far as a name goes - we just need someone creative to come up with something. If the group agrees - we have a name. I may be many things but creative in that direction - not so much. But I will think about it and post something. Come on everyone - let's get creative and come up with a name!

Sounds great to me gals. Have a great day!:flower3:

Heys guys...

guess what my son told me last night. We were watching the news and he heard the story about the ship being taken over by pirates and said.....Thats why I dont want to go on a cruise ship!!!!! Seriously.....He obviously doesnt know I have booked us on a cruise for his birthday. So I told him that wont happen on a ship with so many passengers. He still wasnt convinced. So I am thinking I have 6 mths I'm sure he will forget about this. And it is a Disney cruise. Come on. But what if this is our first cruise and he is scared.

OH....I dont know what to think.:confused3

Hi,

We will be cruising along with all you fine folks.:) This will be the first time cruising for DH, DD 4, and me, and I'm so excited!:cool1: DH thinks I'm being nuts about this whole cruise planning thing, and he doesn't even know about FEs or magnets. Just wait, honey, you haven't seen nothin yet.:rotfl:

Your DH is going to be so happy that you got so involved!! It makes a huge difference. It's going to be a blast!!!!

Now to come up with a name...I'll have to think about that one!

Here are some names, maybe we can come up with a bunch and then take a vote for the winner.

Sensational St. Croix Sailors

November to Remember (or some play on those words, Disney Magic November to Remember....November to Remember on the Disney Magic..)

Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious St. Croix Cruisers (this ones a little weird but it was the closest Disney word I could think of that started with an S)

Here are some names, maybe we can come up with a bunch and then take a vote for the winner.

Sensational St. Croix Sailors

November to Remember (or some play on those words, Disney Magic November to Remember....November to Remember on the Disney Magic..)

Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious St. Croix Cruisers (this ones a little weird but it was the closest Disney word I could think of that started with an S)

wow those r good.. But the super.....one is long....I like the ones that u have come up with. I havent been brave enough to post the ones I was thinking.

November Nautical Sailors
Nautical November Sailors
Sunny St Croix Sailors
St. Croix Pirate's
Pirates Of St croix
Magical Super Pixie/Pirate Sailors
Mickey's Magical Mates
Ahoy St. Croix
November Neverland Cruisers
November Nerdy Sailors/cruisers
Sailaway To St Croix Today
Mickeys Mates to St Croix
Super St Croix Sailors
I dont know...:confused3 Try not to laugh too hard at me.:laughing:
Anyone else have any ideas.

We now have 7 families for the FE.....:woohoo:

I like these two a lot!! I am picturing what these would look like on t-shirts and I like it!

Mickey's Magical Mates

Ahoy St. Croix

Maybe we can combine the two to read

Ahoy St. Croix from Mickey's Magical Mates November 7, 2009

I am pretty good with photoshop, I could come up with some sort of "logo" for whatever we pick:)

I like these two a lot!! I am picturing what these would look like on t-shirts and I like it!

Mickey's Magical Mates

Ahoy St. Croix

Maybe we can combine the two to read

Ahoy St. Croix from Mickey's Magical Mates November 7, 2009

I am pretty good with photoshop, I could come up with some sort of "logo" for whatever we pick:)

Those two are my favorite. On the disign boards there is a great designer that has some already made with cruise logos and we could just have her put our cruise name on it. If that is what everyone wants to do. We can either make shirts or magnets for our doors or both. Let me know I have no problem asking her to help us. Or if you want to come up with something thats great too. I know someone mentioned getting/ordering the bracletts for us and that would be great to know each other instantly and to put or cruise name and date on them.

I am so up for whatever everyone wants to do.:yay:

I like the Ahoy St. Croix as well. You all are very good - I just don't have that in me somehow or other.

Well, Friday is here. My countdown says we leave 30 weeks from today. That sounds so far off still but with spring, summer and those two weddings I have coming up I am sure it will go quickly.

Thanks for the nice words..I was affraid to post my ideas thought people would laugh at me. Anyway whatever everyone wants is fine with me. There are only a couple of us that post on here a lot right now and i am sure people will post more as the time gets closer. I started working on my FE gift tonight and it looks very nice!!!!!

Sadly I was reading another thread where someone booked a cruise late and wanted to sign up for the FE and they were rude to her. I couldnt believe it. My thought to this is we have people sign up but like I suggested and close up signs ups one month prior. But those that want to sign up late can be in a group with the people that signed up after the close of the list. What do you guys think? I dont want to exclude anyone but understand that people need to get a head count and shop,make things for the exchange. Anyway just let me know what you think. Its late and im going to bed.:upsidedow

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter