November 21, 2010 Wonder 3 day - FE Info Post #70

Our home resort is SSR. If the second contract goes through we'll have a total of 360 points each year! (When we initially started discussing DVC early this year we were going to keep it at 160. Within 4 months that more than doubled - go figure!) And as I think about our kids getting older and the need for more space... I can see wanting a (small?) :rolleyes1 "add on" in the future. Hopefully we can hold off on that for some time now. It sure gets addictive though!

Wow that's great! We initially bought 160 last year, but have added on another 50 at GCV recently to make it 210. Still not enough- it would be nice to have another 100-150 at GCV, but it's all I can do right now. Ideally we'd like to have enough points to cruise every other year on them, but so far that's not probably enough. It's too far to go to Florida just to take a 3 or 4 night cruise without combining that with a WDW stay. I'm hoping that in the future the cruises out of LA (our home) will not be so points-intensive. My DH loves DCL more than the parks so that would be a real plus for us.

You are brave, going to WDW in July! I couldn't do it. The heat, the heat!! Ugggghhhh. I have family in Florida, so as a kid we'd go in the summer. Blech! I've done WDW in late May and that's about as late as I can stand it. Still, if you can take the humidity, WDW is always wonderful!

We've lived in FL most of our lives so we expect it to be hot- we bought APs this year so we've been to all the parks several times- we just want a quick vac b4 they expire- we don't even care if we don't do everything- we're planning to do a least 1 water park and the Hoopde do show.

We have done Blizzard Beach but not Typhoon Lagoon. Our last 3 trips (as well as our upcoming one) have all been in November when it is closed. We thoroughly enjoyed BB though.

Where in Florida do you live?

Christine

Wow that's great! We initially bought 160 last year, but have added on another 50 at GCV recently to make it 210. Still not enough- it would be nice to have another 100-150 at GCV, but it's all I can do right now. Ideally we'd like to have enough points to cruise every other year on them, but so far that's not probably enough. It's too far to go to Florida just to take a 3 or 4 night cruise without combining that with a WDW stay. I'm hoping that in the future the cruises out of LA (our home) will not be so points-intensive. My DH loves DCL more than the parks so that would be a real plus for us.

We have done Blizzard Beach but not Typhoon Lagoon. Our last 3 trips (as well as our upcoming one) have all been in November when it is closed. We thoroughly enjoyed BB though.

Where in Florida do you live?

Christine

We live in Ocala- which is thoroughbred horse country, about an hr from Orlando and 2 hrs from the port.

We live in Oxford, FL (right next to The Villages) and 1/2 hour south of Ocala. Small world!!

Vicki

We just joined this cruise! We have two rooms! Four adults total! We have taken several 4 night and 7 nights on Dis. Loved them all... this is our first 3 night so we are a little worried it wont be enough. We are doing this in place of going to Siesta Key, not sure what oil spill will be doing. :confused3

We will be coming off of 5 nights at WDW in the contemporary.:goodvibes

We just joined this cruise! We have two rooms! Four adults total! We have taken several 4 night and 7 nights on Dis. Loved them all... this is our first 3 night so we are a little worried it wont be enough. We are doing this in place of going to Siesta Key, not sure what oil spill will be doing. :confused3

We will be coming off of 5 nights at WDW in the contemporary.:goodvibes

Welcome!!! Because we know 3 days is way tooooooo short of a cruise, we booked the 11/18/10 Wonder cruise to give us a 6 day cruise. 1st cruise is DH and me; 2nd part of cruise is with 4 kids, and 4 grandkids. Can't wait! I haven't been on the Wonder since 2008 and am curious about the renovations to the Cove and deck above that were done for upcoming Alaskan cruises.

Jan

Will the Christmas decorations be up yet?

Yes, according to a thread on the DCL forum. We were on the Magic a few years ago the Sat. after Thanksgiving and the ship, port, and Castaway were decorated. The gingerbread house, located near the Promenade Lounge, was done before our cruise ended. The decorations are beautiful!!! And Christmas music is played on the ship's speakers.

Jan

Yes, according to a thread on the DCL forum. We were on the Magic a few years ago the Sat. after Thanksgiving and the ship, port, and Castaway were decorated. The gingerbread house, located near the Promenade Lounge, was done before our cruise ended. The decorations are beautiful!!! And Christmas music is played on the ship's speakers.

Jan

That was the Saturday after Thanksgiving though. This is the weekend before. Yes, I have seen the decorations many times because we typically take the 7 day cruise every other year the first week of December. We love the Christmas decorations but didn't know if they would be complete the week before the holidays actually start! YAY! :santa:

That was the Saturday after Thanksgiving though. This is the weekend before. Yes, I have seen the decorations many times because we typically take the 7 day cruise every other year the first week of December. We love the Christmas decorations but didn't know if they would be complete the week before the holidays actually start! YAY! :santa:

Posters are saying that the ship is decorated mid-November.

Keep our fingers crossed!

Jan

I was on the exact same 3 day last year and the christmas decorations were up. The chefs were finishing the Gingerbread house and was done by Tuesday Night. Castaway Cay was decorated but snow making machine was not turned on. I am not sure if everything was set up but they should have more than 90% up because everything will have to be up and done in time for the cruise leaving on Wednesday.

any idea on when we will know about the fe exchange? 5 months is not a long time to start preparing for it.

do we have any number yet as to who has signed up?

Thanks, eagles, for bringing up the Fish Extenders again. I know a few people have mentioned interest in joining on the posts, but I want to confirm via PM.

I have about 6 or 7 cabins so far signed up- if you haven't sent me a PM, I haven't added you to the list! Everyone is welcome!! :thumbsup2 Be sure to send me a PM with your screen name, email (I will send all lists via email to keep names private), first names of everyone in your cabin, including ages of any kids. Also add your cabin number if you have been assigned one, otherwise just say guaranty.

Making and delivering the FE gifts have been a highlight for us of our past cruises. I have so much fun making and planning things, it helps to pass the time this fall as the cruise seems OH so far away still!

Christine

Making and delivering the FE gifts have been a highlight for us of our past cruises. I have so much fun making and planning things, it helps to pass the time this fall as the cruise seems OH so far away still!

Christine

see i just DON'T think it is far away. i am nervous about not having enough time. :rotfl2:
but knowing that 6 or 7 cabins are involved at the moment will help. i could start with those for now. thanks

Hi all,

I'm wishing for a bit of Pixie Dust! We just closed on our first DVC contract and are now waiting for ROFR on our second. If that one comes through, we'll be heading back to WDW for 11/19-21, Cruising 11/21-24, and then back to WDW 11/24-27. We already have the cruise deposit/reservations to hold the space, but we're really hoping to use our "extra" banked 2009 points to cover most of the trip. Now we're just tortured by the wait. We should know for sure in about 3 weeks (and then it's more waiting until we're closed and points are in the system). Patience is really not one of my best virtues. :rolleyes1

Hopefully we'll (DH, DS 10, DD 6) get good news and will be joining you in November! :goodvibes

Good news for us! We passed ROFR and are going through the closing process. Now it's just waiting for the points to load into our account so that we can switch part of the cruise to use up our "extra" 2009 points! :cool1:

Quick question for you please.....

Is the server in your photo Julian? He looks just like "our" Julian from the Magic in Nov 2008. It's been nagging at me so I had to ask. :confused3

IT IS!! Yes... we had him December 2008 on our 7 day Eastern Cruise!

Very cool! My children still quote him when I try to get them to try something new at dinner (including an attemp at his accent)... "It's good. You'll like it." :thumbsup2

HAHA! He was very good to us. My mother is quite picky so to please her is difficult! We email each other every now and again. He is back in France now.

I'm back again - nice to see some more have joined the thread!

Have made our follow-on ressies at VB and am now shopping airfare - ugh from the west coast.

My DSis "encouraged" me to sign up with her for a Feb 2011 Mexican Riviera - kids sail free! - so we're getting excited for that, too - especially since it will be easier to get to LA than Orlando, and it will be for 7 nights!

I just PMd SillyLittlePixie to add us to the FE list - I'm a little nervous as I'm not a great shopper and will probably leave it until the last minute, but it certainly sounds like fun.

My DSs will be happy to meet up with other kids to hang with since they won't have their cousins with them this time, and the oldest has moved up to Aloft status.

Okay - I'm back in DISBoard land - will be checking in more frequently now!:yay:

Quick question fellow cruisers! As many Dis Cruises I have been on I should know the answer to this but I dont cause we have never stayed on board ship while in port. Are the pools open while in port? We really could care less about Nassau and would like to stay on board and hang out around the pool. But for some reason I was thinking the pools weren't open, hoping I am wrong.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter