• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

***November 2016 check in***

Newbie question: Would y'all recommend reservations for places like Carnation Cafe even during the slower months? Or is it really only necessary during peak season?
Our park days are Nov 7-10.

Ye
Newbie question: Would y'all recommend reservations for places like Carnation Cafe even during the slower months? Or is it really only necessary during peak season?
Yes get a reservation. We were there in February with reservations at cc and someone came in and was given a wait time of an hour. You coudl make a reservation really that day or the day before though if you're slightly flexible.

We tried to eat late breakfast/early lunch at CC on our first park day late last October and were told no walk ups at all. It's hit or miss, so if you really want to eat there, get an ADR.

We tried to eat late breakfast/early lunch at CC on our first park day late last October and were told no walk ups at all. It's hit or miss, so if you really want to eat there, get an ADR.

wow! I guess the "slow"season isn't really so slow. teehee.

I love your photos with Marie! so cute.

wow! I guess the "slow"season isn't really so slow. teehee.

I love your photos with Marie! so cute.

Thanks Lone Star*!

We learned our lesson with the ADRs. I didn't think we'd want to stop so early on our first day, but we'll plan even more next time. It's so hard with the CC guarantee.

Ye

Yes get a reservation. We were there in February with reservations at cc and someone came in and was given a wait time of an hour. You coudl make a reservation really that day or the day before though if you're slightly flexible.

Thank you! i like the idea of making a reservation the day before. We did not want to have to plan all our days around eating, especially with a 5 yr old in tow. We already plan to make a reservation for a character breakfast our first day in the park.

You already got the advice I'd give. My experience last time we went during the off-season was deciding about 5 days before our trip that we wanted to try it. We ended getting exactly the dinner time we wanted. Being an old WDW planning nut, it's sometimes shocking how easy it is to get ressies at DL.

Was trying to choose between reservations at Carousel and Tropicana and now that Carousel is closing it's doors the decision has been taken out of my hands. I was leaning towards Tropicana anyway :)

Hi! thanks @GatorChris for telling me about this thread!

We will be there November 19-22, staying at Hojo! We haven't been to the parks in a year.... (former AP holders) and I am missing DL SO much! Cannot wait to go at my favorite time of year and continue our family tradition of going at Christmas time. Have gone every year at Christmas since my oldest was 10 months old. He's 8 now. Both my boys (8 & almost 7) think that Santa lives at Disneyland and look forward to meeting Santa at the parks. My goal is to eat a gingerbread cookie at least once on the trip! LOL. Frankly, I could sit and people watch all day and be happy. The parks decorated for Christmas are so beautiful!! Last year we only went for one day and only went to DL, so looking forward to seeing DCA all decked out with decorations again this year too! :goodvibes

Hi all! Don't know why I hadn't seen this thread yet! Thanks @GatorChris !

Our trip is 11/18-11-21. We'll be driving down on 11/18 when the kids get out of school (yay for minimum days!) for Thanksgiving break. We'll do the parks Saturday and Sunday and then we'll drive home on Monday. We did this same trip last year and just loved getting away for a few days and soaking in the Disney holiday magic! Plus it gives us a chance to take the kids' picture with Santa so I don't have to pay to do it at the mall. We're staying at Hojo. They usually have their tree up by our then and every year I take a pic of my kids in front of it.

We probably wont make any ADRs for this trip as its a short one. Hmmm well maybe breakfast at Minnies? I guess I'm undecided. We'll play the crowds by ear and park hop as needed. My goals are to see Santa and ride TOT one last time. A ride on HM and IASW are also on the list.

Last edited:
Hi! thanks @GatorChris for telling me about this thread!

Looks like we'll be there with Kirstie AND you guys, too! It'll be the back side of our trip. I'm with you - can't wait to finally get back and see all the Chritmas decorations. I'd say there's a good chance you'll see us in the waterpark on that Saturday afternoon. That's are plan every year at the HoJo is to do waterslides on Saturdays. The parks get so busy and we'll be wanting a break for sure. So look for a waterlogged family when you check in!

PS - I love the Tron trip report. There's absolutely NO WAY I'd get my wife to dress up like that with the rest of us. Maybe you can talk her into it! Ha!

Hi all! Don't know why I hadn't seen this thread yet! Thanks @GatorChris !

Our trip is 11/18-11-21. We'll be driving down on 11/18 when the kids get out of school (yay for minimum days!) for Thanksgiving break. We'll do the parks Saturday and Sunday and then we'll drive home on Monday. We did this same trip last year and just loved getting away for a few days and soaking in the Disney holiday magic! Plus it gives us a chance to take the kids' picture with Santa so I don't have to pay to do it at the mall. We're staying at Hojo. They usually have their tree up by our then and every year I take a pic of my kids in front of it.

We probably wont make any ADRs for this trip as its a short one. Hmmm well maybe breakfast at Minnies? I guess I'm undecided. We'll play the crowds by ear and park hop as needed. My goals are to see Santa and ride TOT one last time. A ride on HM and IASW are also on the list.

Our trip sounds almost the same, but we are driving down Saturday, then going to the parks Sunday and Monday! We went the Sunday before TG last year and it was awesome, way less crowds than we anticipated. Hoping the same for Sunday and Monday this year! I wish my kids minimum days were Fridays! They are Wednesdays :(

Looks like we'll be there with Kirstie AND you guys, too! It'll be the back side of our trip. I'm with you - can't wait to finally get back and see all the Chritmas decorations. I'd say there's a good chance you'll see us in the waterpark on that Saturday afternoon. That's are plan every year at the HoJo is to do waterslides on Saturdays. The parks get so busy and we'll be wanting a break for sure. So look for a waterlogged family when you check in!

PS - I love the Tron trip report. There's absolutely NO WAY I'd get my wife to dress up like that with the rest of us. Maybe you can talk her into it! Ha!

That is our plan too! Check in and head to the waterpark on Saturday after the long car trip! I will look out for you! It was 90 degrees last year and my kids were so excited to be able to swim! =)

Aw, thanks! My DH worked his behind off making all of our costumes! I didn't mind at all wearing the costume, it made the kids happy too! Plus, SO fun to dress up at the parks! We also wore the costumes to the 24 hour event a couple years ago when you could dress up (just us, no kids that trip). We got a ton of compliments! Some people even wanted to take a photo with us, and the Stormtroopers liked giving me a hard time about my costume too.

New to the Disboards! We are going November 12-16. Haven't pulled the trigger on where to stay yet.:scared: Grrr..

Can any experts tell me if I am crazy for going the week before Thanksgiving. I went this time a few years back and it was great, but I know Disneyland has been much more crowded lately...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter