***November 2016 check in***

Welcome to the Dis!! There is a race Nov. 10-13, at least according to this:

http://www.rundisney.com/avengers-half-marathon/

I have never been at the parks during the run events, and I am not sure how that will impact crowds on those days. I just know that there really aren't any "low crowd" days at the parks anymore. Some attractions might be down at the beginning of your trip due to the holiday overlays (IASW, JC?) I think it all depends on when the official start of the holidays will be!

Welcome to the Dis!! There is a race Nov. 10-13, at least according to this:

http://www.rundisney.com/avengers-half-marathon/

I have never been at the parks during the run events, and I am not sure how that will impact crowds on those days. I just know that there really aren't any "low crowd" days at the parks anymore. Some attractions might be down at the beginning of your trip due to the holiday overlays (IASW, JC?) I think it all depends on when the official start of the holidays will be!

Thanks so much for the information! I totally didn't know about the race. Now I'm rethinking our days...

The Avengers/Super hero's race weekend is usually a pretty crowded one. You get the crowds from the race and also crowds for the first weekend of Christmas decorations/entertainment. If you go that weekend, expect Saturday and Sunday to be very crowded.

My experience from having done the Tink Half in the past is that it's manageable. Definitely go first thing in the morning to beat the locals and you should be fine.

My experience from having done the Tink Half in the past is that it's manageable. Definitely go first thing in the morning to beat the locals and you should be fine.

Thanks so much for the information! I totally didn't know about the race. Now I'm rethinking our days...

Thanks so much for your advice! We decided to just keep the dates we have....Even a crowded day at Disney beats any day in the Bay Area!

Thanks so much for your advice! We decided to just keep the dates we have....Even a crowded day at Disney beats any day in the Bay Area!

We are in the Bay Area too! East Bay (Martinez)! Are you staying on property or one of the hotels across the street?

We are in the Bay Area too! East Bay (Martinez)! Are you staying on property or one of the hotels across the street?

Wow! Small (Disney) world!!:flower:We are in Pleasant Hill! Right near you! We still haven't decided about where to stay, but we need to. and fast. We usually stay at DLH. But this trip we may be off property. I think I am going to book one off property, and wait to see if I get any deals for resort hotels.

(PS I LOVE LOVE LOVE your tron costume! I wanted to do the tron costumes with my family in 2012 at the not so scary Halloween party but couldn't figure out how to make the costumes :sad1:. So my husband and I went as Mary Poppins and Bert instead. You got one crafty man. You all looked great!!!)

Wow! Small (Disney) world!!:flower:We are in Pleasant Hill! Right near you! We still haven't decided about where to stay, but we need to. and fast. We usually stay at DLH. But this trip we may be off property. I think I am going to book one off property, and wait to see if I get any deals for resort hotels.

(PS I LOVE LOVE LOVE your tron costume! I wanted to do the tron costumes with my family in 2012 at the not so scary Halloween party but couldn't figure out how to make the costumes :sad1:. So my husband and I went as Mary Poppins and Bert instead. You got one crafty man. You all looked great!!!)

Holy cow!! Small world!!!!! I went to Valley View, College Park and DVC (my kids will too eventually)!! SO neat!!! I think your plan is good to book now and see if any lower rates pop up before then, otherwise rates just increase closer to the trip!

Thank you! I will tell my DH =) He used EL tape for the costumes and lots of wiring! We actually wore them two years in a row! And DH and I wore them to the 24 hour party you could dress up for a couple years ago. DH went to the MHP last year and wore it again. Said he got lots of compliments! Super fun! And bonus was being able to clearly see all of us Halloween night while taking the kids trick or treating ;)

Holy cow!! Small world!!!!! I went to Valley View, College Park and DVC (my kids will too eventually)!! SO neat!!! I think your plan is good to book now and see if any lower rates pop up before then, otherwise rates just increase closer to the trip!

Thank you! I will tell my DH =) He used EL tape for the costumes and lots of wiring! We actually wore them two years in a row! And DH and I wore them to the 24 hour party you could dress up for a couple years ago. DH went to the MHP last year and wore it again. Said he got lots of compliments! Super fun! And bonus was being able to clearly see all of us Halloween night while taking the kids trick or treating ;)

I went to CP too! lol Class of 2000.
ah! he used wiring and el!! awesome! They must have been constructed nicely, since you wore them twice! that's great. I have always wanted to do a 24 hr event, but, I doubt they'll bring it back anytime soon

just joining in the 680/242 fun - I used to live in Concord right off Clayton Road.

Awesome!

DH and I will be taking our first DL trip Oct. 27th - November 5th and are very excited! We are definitely staying at the GCH Oct. 29th through Nov. 5th, but we decided against spending our 1st two nights in San Diego, so are unsure where we will be staying the 27th and 28th. I currently have reservations at both Park Vue Inn and Desert Inn & Suites, but haven't decided which to keep. PVI is about $60 more (total) than DI&S, but it seems like PVI gets a little better reviews with a little better breakfast. Any opinions?

excited! :goofy: less than 60 days to go for our trip!
I booked our character breakfast at the Plaza Inn! Can't wait to see our little guy's face!

I celebrated my 8th birthday at a character breakfast at Disney World. It will always be a cherished memory for me.

Love all the Bay Area people here yay !
Hayward/Castro Valkey here checking in!

We've been a few race weekends and it's not so bad in the mornings especially, Labor Day weekend was beyond manageable and as was Star Wars weekend in January, just be prepared and have a priority list just in case.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter