November 2016 Car Rental Rate Watch

I've only rented a car once in my life and it was for a one day trip to visit family in Tampa while in Disney. So I have nothing to compete my reservation amount against other than what I'm seeing you all got. I booked a midsize from Alamo from 11/24-12/1 for a little under $135. Is that a good deal?

Also, I used the codes that were listed above. I'm not a Costco member or anything though, will I get in trouble? Or will they ask for proof?

Tia!
If you use the self checkin then they most likely won't ask for it. I haven't had them ask for any coupons when I've rented from them in the past even though it says to present it. It might be different if you visit the counter though.

It is telling me the AS1 code isn't valid? My rates are still over $300 for Nov.5-16

It is telling me the AS1 code isn't valid? My rates are still over $300 for Nov.5-16

When I checked rates earlier in the week, I got the same error message. I'm hoping if it doesn't accept the code for future reservations that my current reservation is still ok.

When I checked rates earlier in the week, I got the same error message. I'm hoping if it doesn't accept the code for future reservations that my current reservation is still ok.
I believe as long as you don't try to modify your current reservation you should be good to go with the price you have.

Glad I was able to use those codes before they expired them.

I am using Costco travel services. I have 2 reservations, one for a Dodge Caravan and the other for a Tahoe. There are 7 of us traveling from San Antonio to WDW, 2 adults and 5 kids. I would prefer a Suburban but they are never provided as an option. What suggestions would you have?

If anyone finds a different product code for Alamo besides AS1 (since it no longer works), please share it with the rest of us. Thanks!

My current November rental.

Alamo
11/3 - 11/7
Full size
$142.91

Rental was made 8/3 using $25 off coupon (AD3868JST) and this contract #7014926.

Last edited:
What was your pick up date? Those are the same codes I used (except I also used the product code AS1) for a midsize for 8 nights. My total is $172 or so.

Has anyone ever booked a "Drive Happy Deal" where they just assign a car at check-in. The price is good, but makes me nervous of what you could potentially get!

Has anyone ever booked a "Drive Happy Deal" where they just assign a car at check-in. The price is good, but makes me nervous of what you could potentially get!

Usually if I book one of these I also book a 2nd option in case they are giving economy cars.

Is it still recommended to book a second option if you do online check in? I'm afraid they would charge my card if I cancel last minute.

I just used AS1 today. I am flying in/out of FLL though not MCO.

I'm flying into/out of SFB. I just tried the codes that I used for my current reservation (including AS1) again, and it's still telling me to "Please enter a valid product code." Glad it's working for you!

I am having a major problem with Alamo on a non-Disney related rental right now. I have called Customer Service and they have just referred me back to the location (San Diego) and told me I have to deal with them. I cannot believe that there is no one in the corporate structure that will address a customer issue. Has anyone else ever gotten through to someone at corporate about an issue?

I am having a major problem with Alamo on a non-Disney related rental right now. I have called Customer Service and they have just referred me back to the location (San Diego) and told me I have to deal with them. I cannot believe that there is no one in the corporate structure that will address a customer issue. Has anyone else ever gotten through to someone at corporate about an issue?

Start here: http://elliott.org/
http://elliott.org/
They have a list of corporate contacts. Start by writing to Alamo execs first. Then try contacting Elliot's website for help if that does not work.

Thank you--just an update--San Diego finally resolved my issue (seriously, on their contracts they have a phone number printed which is a non-monitored phone? Really?) They ended up giving me the one-day rental for free--which honestly did not even begin to touch how much time and angst was spent resolving the issue. If I could find a booking for the same or lower price for my Nov. trip I would re-book but I think I'm stuck now. Unless I priceline something closer to the trip. Everything is at least $100 more for my dates.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter