November 2015.....

This will be our 1st Thanksgiving trip too! :) We were also originally booked at WL, but switched when we heard on here about the construction. We're now booked at Beach Club coming in Thanksgiving morning and leaving on 12/1--- if flight prices come down at all, we may be able to add a day on and come in Wed instead. This wiill only be our 2nd WDW trip (1st was 2013 in mid- Nov) and we are hooked--- I seriously see this quickly becoming an obsession, lol :love::cloud9:

Yes, I definitely wanted to be at WL this time of year, but I can't really complain about a move to GF at no extra cost. The key for me was staying in the MK resort area since we usually stay at the Epcot/Boardwalk area in June.

The last time we were there for Thanksgiving (in 2013), we left on Black Friday, but this time, like you, we'll be leaving on Saturday. I've never seen the Storytellers or the Candlelight Processional and they're both on our to-do list, so we'll also be spending that day at Epcot. :)

The Storytellers are really cool :thumbsup2 My DS's, 11 & 7 at the time, enjoyed listening to them and both said they'd like to see as many as possible this time. We also did the CP 2x on that trip including Black Friday, I definitely think it's something you should try if you have any interest at all! Who is the narrator for your show?

This will be our 1st Thanksgiving trip too! :) We were also originally booked at WL, but switched when we heard on here about the construction. We're now booked at Beach Club coming in Thanksgiving morning and leaving on 12/1--- if flight prices come down at all, we may be able to add a day on and come in Wed instead. This wiill only be our 2nd WDW trip (1st was 2013 in mid- Nov) and we are hooked--- I seriously see this quickly becoming an obsession, lol :love::cloud9:

Tell me about it. We went on our first Thanksgiving Week trip in 2011 and will try to come few years but want it to be holiday time. We are hooked. Last time we went early Dec to experience MVMCP, see the MK tree, and the storytellers. This year we are doing Thanksgiving Week but coming in the Friday before so we will get to do MVMCP and then the EPCOT festivities our next to last day so we get everything in. We do not have kids so for the most part our schedule is flexible when we can go. I do want one time if they will still have it to go for a Star Wars Weekend the first one of the year so we can also catch the end of the Flower and Garden or a short Halloween trip.

Last edited:
Getting kind of worried about crowds for the week before Thanksgiving. I want my children to be able to enjoy this trip, especially my youngest DS who is special needs. Everytime anyone asks him where he wants to go, he says Disneyworld. Crossing my fingers and praying for some pixie dust ✨

That's the week we're going, and I'm getting a little worried too. It seems like that's the week everyone is going!!
I'm sure it'll be fine though. I'd rather be at a crowded Disney than sitting at home! :)

Uh oh, I'm going that week too! I wasn't worried about crowds before, but now I kind of am. Haven't been to WDW in 8 years & I figured this would be one of the best weeks to go & the FD suckered me in too, couldn't resist! We're staying at AKL Nov 16-21. ADRs have been difficult to snag, especially BOG, I really want to eat there! I don't care what time of day it is, I just want to be able to eat there one time bc it might be another 8 years before I get to go again! Guess I'll just keep checking up until the last day of our trip goes by.

We are going the week before Thanksgiving too. It has been 8 years for us as well and we are going that week to catch the end of F&W. We have been the week after Thanksgiving before and the crowds then were low. I have been watching the crowd calendars and they all still show this week as being lite for crowds. I have also read some comments that say even if on-site resorts are full, it doesn't necessarily mean crowds will be high. So I am hoping that free dining for that week is just making it seem like it will be full. We did not do free dining but did get POFQ on the fall discount when that rate was released. I have read also that POFQ usually is not on the discount rates because it books fast. I am hoping that it is a good sign fall discounts were offered. Maybe things are not as booked up as the ADR's make it seem. All of our ADR's are new places we have not been before but they are good. Jiko, Narcoosee's, Boathouse are a few of them so there were still a lot of good places available. So hopefully we are all in good shape! :goodvibes

I assume since you guys both originally booked at WL that's where you'd rather be, but I'm kinda jealous you got upgraded to GF lol!! Although I'm happy to be going back to the BWV again :)

I'm arriving on Thanksgiving for 8 nights and have 2 boys. I think I wrote this upthread, but I pretty much consider this our 1st Thanksgiving as we arrived late at night ON Thanksgiving in 2012. We went to Epcot on Black Friday, we had friends down there who were leaving Saturday and that's where they wanted to go. It was more crowded than we'd ever seen it but still very doable. We'll be there again for most of Black Friday since I want to see the Storytellers and unfortunately, we leave the next day :(

For our family, we are ecstatic to be moved to GF. We all liked GF a bit more than WL, especially with the Christmas decorations and the gingerbread house. We will also be at EPCOT on black Friday this year, so we can see the Candlelight Processional. Thanksgiving dinner will be with Pooh and friends at Crystal Palace:)

We've got a lot in common for this trip:

1. We're only staying 7 nights, but we'll be arriving the 21st.
2. This will also be our second time spending Thanksgiving at WDW.
3. I also have 2 kids (but boys).
4. As you probably know from other threads, we were also upgraded for free to GF from VWL because of the construction.

Maybe we'll wind up in the same building!

Technically, by the time we pull into GF it will be the 21st:) 7.5 hour drive, plus we lose 1 hour going from central to eastern time zone:( That is too funny about how identical our trips are::yes:: We are looking forward to our lagoon view room and you never know maybe we will get the same building:laughing:
I did get a surprise ADR dinner for my DW and DDs that they do not know about on Tuesday the 24th, Minnie's Holiday Dine at Hollywood & Vine. I think they will be very surprised and happy to see Minnie, Mickey, Donald, Daisy and Santa Goofy all in their Christmas attire:)

I hope the both of you and your families have a great time:thumbsup2

The Storytellers are really cool :thumbsup2 My DS's, 11 & 7 at the time, enjoyed listening to them and both said they'd like to see as many as possible this time. We also did the CP 2x on that trip including Black Friday, I definitely think it's something you should try if you have any interest at all! Who is the narrator for your show?

The narrator for the CP hasn't been announced yet for our dates. My boys, 12 and 8, will hopefully enjoy that as well as the Storytellers.

For our family, we are ecstatic to be moved to GF. We all liked GF a bit more than WL, especially with the Christmas decorations and the gingerbread house. We will also be at EPCOT on black Friday this year, so we can see the Candlelight Processional. Thanksgiving dinner will be with Pooh and friends at Crystal Palace:)

Technically, by the time we pull into GF it will be the 21st:) 7.5 hour drive, plus we lose 1 hour going from central to eastern time zone:( That is too funny about how identical our trips are::yes:: We are looking forward to our lagoon view room and you never know maybe we will get the same building:laughing:
I did get a surprise ADR dinner for my DW and DDs that they do not know about on Tuesday the 24th, Minnie's Holiday Dine at Hollywood & Vine. I think they will be very surprised and happy to see Minnie, Mickey, Donald, Daisy and Santa Goofy all in their Christmas attire:)

I hope the both of you and your families have a great time:thumbsup2

I know what you mean about losing an hour -- it takes us 11.5 hours to get there from the Nashville area (with stops and everything) and I hate losing that hour, but the one bright spot about coming home is gaining an hour! That's nice that you got that surprise ADR for your DW and DDs. That dinner does sound cute.

Here's to hoping for great weather! For me, that means no rain and nothing lower than 75 during the day or 60 at night!

The narrator for the CP hasn't been announced yet for our dates. My boys, 12 and 8, will hopefully enjoy that as well as the Storytellers.

I know what you mean about losing an hour -- it takes us 11.5 hours to get there from the Nashville area (with stops and everything) and I hate losing that hour, but the one bright spot about coming home is gaining an hour! That's nice that you got that surprise ADR for your DW and DDs. That dinner does sound cute.

Here's to hoping for great weather! For me, that means no rain and nothing lower than 75 during the day or 60 at night!

Are you going on 11/27 as well? I hope the narrator gets announced soon. We did a road trip about 5 years ago to Nashville and Memphis as part of a 10 day road trip with a few other stops. What wonderful cities! I really liked the Country Music Hall of Fame and the Grand Ole Opry.

Are you going on 11/27 as well? I hope the narrator gets announced soon. We did a road trip about 5 years ago to Nashville and Memphis as part of a 10 day road trip with a few other stops. What wonderful cities! I really liked the Country Music Hall of Fame and the Grand Ole Opry.

Yes, I'm going on 11/27 and it sounds like there are quite a few others on here going that day, too. I'll be at the 8:15 show -- which one are you going to?

You know, I've never even been to the Grand Ole Opry and I've lived here for almost 15 years. :o But, I have been to the Country Music Hall of Fame twice.

Yes, I'm going on 11/27 and it sounds like there are quite a few others on here going that day, too. I'll be at the 8:15 show -- which one are you going to?

You know, I've never even been to the Grand Ole Opry and I've lived here for almost 15 years. :o But, I have been to the Country Music Hall of Fame twice.

The same show! Which restaurant? We have Chefs.

81 more days! I went to look for long sleeve shirts so I could start making shirts, but haven't had any luck so far. Then again, we are in Texas where the heat index was 108 yesterday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter