November 2015....The countdown begins!!

Exactly my issue, going was fine coming home was a lot more but it was that or fly out of MCO at 6 am with the kids...no thanks!!!

It worked out so we don't have to board DME until 2:30 so good for more park or resort time, bad for school the next morning. For me, the kids will be fine lol

Just booked our flights this morning with JetBlue :cheer2: Prices were obviously higher than other times of the year we go but honestly not as bad as we thought they'd be. So we'll be there 11/20-11/28 :thumbsup2 Now just have to get my new ticker going and figure out which resort we'll be at!

And I'm STILL trying to decide where to eat on Thanksgiving.......

And I'm STILL trying to decide where to eat on Thanksgiving.......

Every person I've talked to, or advice site I've read has said to avoid MK on Thanksgiving because of crowds. I think our plan is to go to EPCOT that day & we're hoping to eat at Garden Grill. Although, since a big part of my plans for that day involve snacking my way around the World, I may not be eating dinner at all!! LOL

Is anyone doing special events during the trip? We are doing a pirate afternoon for my son with pirates league and adventureland, etc, considering hoop dee doo. Not sure what my daughter is getting might get the kitchen sink at beaches and cream. These are their birthday gifts. I am hoping we can save the money to drop them off at the kids babysitting at the poly so my husband and I can celebrate our 10th anniversary at trader SAMs :). Anyone celebrating anything?

Is anyone doing special events during the trip? We are doing a pirate afternoon for my son with pirates league and adventureland, etc, considering hoop dee doo. Not sure what my daughter is getting might get the kitchen sink at beaches and cream. These are their birthday gifts. I am hoping we can save the money to drop them off at the kids babysitting at the poly so my husband and I can celebrate our 10th anniversary at trader SAMs :). Anyone celebrating anything?

It will be my Husband's Birthday on arrival day and we are hoping to get MVMCP tickets for that night. We are considering doing the luau since we will be staying at the Poly the first part of our trip. We also will be seeing the Candlelight Processional with a dining package the end of our trip.

The day we get there we ate going with our whole family - all 12+ of us so far - are going to Beaches & Cream to get the kitchen sink. Can't wait to see the kids faces! :)
My husband is taking our 2 older boys to Universal the day after Thanksgiving. I'm planning a "Momny & Me" day with my 4yr old. I'm pretty sure we're doing the Pirates & Pals Fireworks cruise that night but haven't really planned anything else yet.

Every person I've talked to, or advice site I've read has said to avoid MK on Thanksgiving because of crowds. I think our plan is to go to EPCOT that day & we're hoping to eat at Garden Grill. Although, since a big part of my plans for that day involve snacking my way around the World, I may not be eating dinner at all!! LOL

Oh definitely, there's no way we'll go to MK on Thanksgiving :bitelip: I'd consider EPCOT at night but during the day we'll do either AK or HS.
Not sure if I want to eat in one of those parks or at a resort; not sure if I want to eat our big meal mid-day or closer to normal dinner time.
I'm actually considering TH now since we all love it and apparently last year they did serve traditional Thanksgiving food (which DH wants) along w/ their regular menu, but of course its early and I know I'll come up with numerous other ideas before it's time to make ADR's lol!

Garden Grill is a good choice, too! We haven't eaten there since 2010 but it gets pretty consistent positive reviews :thumbsup2

October hours came out on a website the other day, Disney has not officially released the hours yet but I'm assuming they are any day now since mousesteps has the hours on their site. November usually follows not too far after that. They will definitely be available for November, before May when the 180 day mark starts.[/QUOTE

Where do you find the park hours for October/November?

Oh definitely, there's no way we'll go to MK on Thanksgiving :bitelip: I'd consider EPCOT at night but during the day we'll do either AK or HS.
Not sure if I want to eat in one of those parks or at a resort; not sure if I want to eat our big meal mid-day or closer to normal dinner time.
I'm actually considering TH now since we all love it and apparently last year they did serve traditional Thanksgiving food (which DH wants) along w/ their regular menu, but of course its early and I know I'll come up with numerous other ideas before it's time to make ADR's lol!

Garden Grill is a good choice, too! We haven't eaten there since 2010 but it gets pretty consistent positive reviews :thumbsup2
Yeah, my daughter, who is an avid Disney goer, said we should not go to MK on Thanksgiving Day. We haven't yet decided where we will go but....we plan to eat at either Ohana or Cape May Café. We don't care whether we actually eat turkey that day or not. As far as the parks, we were thinking Epcot as well but we are open until we can do our ADR's. It's all coming....though not fast enough!

Ah! Can't wait for the November hours.. my planning is at a standstill right now without them!
I can't wait either!! I am looking at the Oct hours incase Nov is the same. EMH morning and nights are different now in Oct, so I am curious to see if they are going to change for Nov too!

I can't wait either!! I am looking at the Oct hours incase Nov is the same. EMH morning and nights are different now in Oct, so I am curious to see if they are going to change for Nov too!

I was thinking that too but Daylight Savings time ends on Nov. 1.. I kind of feel like that may affect the park times? Not sure.

Me, DW & our 8 yo granddaughter are going Nov. 23-30, staying at Art of Animation. I was thinking 50's Primetime for Thanksgiving lunch? Thoughts? Garden Grill sounds good too.

Not celebrating anything official, but my two best friends and their families have recently decided to come with us!!! It'll be all their first times, so I'm in happy planning heaven :)

As for special events--we're definitely doing MVMCP, and the Wishes Dessert party if I can get it. I know the price just went up and it's ridiculous, but our only chance to see Wishes and MSEP is Veterans Day, so I'd rather pay the extra than deal with the crowds.

I'm anxiously awaiting the release of the park hours. The EMH looks waaaay different for October, so I'm wondering what that's going to do to November's schedule. I just hope they don't up and change them a month or two out, again!

We are going November 1-7th. there are 9 of us going. My nieces will both have their first visits, along with a 5th Birthday party. I will celebrate my anniversary and my mom will celebrate her birthday. There is something special for all of us!!!!! Any advice??

Hi all you happy planners! Has anyone looked at last years hours for Nov., just to get an idea for November? Not sure where to find them...does anyone in here know? BIG NEWS: My daughter and her family just found out they will be able to go with us this trip! Soooooo happy. This will be the first time I can go with all of my grandkids! They are 12 and 15. I took my oldest (17) two years ago for HS graduation. Now we can make our ADR's together...out from 180 days of course. I could not be more excited! I won't be able to keep up with them everyday, but's that's okay. We'll eat together every night and we'll meet up for fast pass rides during the day...if they line up. We can swim together at night and talk about all the magic!

We are going November 1-7th. there are 9 of us going. My nieces will both have their first visits, along with a 5th Birthday party. I will celebrate my anniversary and my mom will celebrate her birthday. There is something special for all of us!!!!! Any advice??
It's your first day there, but there is a Halloween Party on the 1st. My kids LOVE it (and my husband and I too, especially the shorter line waits). Might be a good way to kick off your trip?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter