November 2014 Car Rentals

Still watching prices of minivans for our Nov trip. We will be there 15-23 and the best deals I can find are still over $600 for the whole trip.:< I really need to be under 500, and would love to be closer to 350. Am I dreaming?

I think you should be able to shave quite a bit off of that, even with the holiday. I somewhat obsessively check at least once a day (sometimes more) and try out different codes and vendors. If you have AAA, try getting a quote through them. Thrifty seems to have the best quotes through AAA's site for my trip but Firefly is still coming in cheaper! Prices drop closer to the trip but if you get a good quote book it so you have a fall back you can live with :) I started with $300 for an economy car and now have an intermediate for 8 days for $152 that includes taxes!!

I see the KLM code no longer works.

Are there any good codes out there? I jumped on expedia and found firefly listing for a minivan for Nov. 1-12 for $448 but am hoping to do better than that.

I found Enterprise to be $115 cheaper than National.
I used the 15% off code ESNR9EP for a 6 day standard size rental for $224.

Well, I had to purchase tickets for our DD and her family through Undercover Tourist so I looked at their rental car offers. Need a mini van from 11/15-11/22 and was going to rent something smaller for just the 2 of us for 11/12-11/15. I got the minivan for the whole 10 days cheaper than I could have done the 2 car deal using all my other discounts and codes through the other car rental agencies that we use. $494.40 all inclusive. They only offer rentals through Alamo which we use frequently. Rental can be modified or cancelled by calling UT. So I'll still be watching for a better price.

Hey all. Looking at rental for 11/20 - 12/6, I know a long time. But still, I've noticed that with the exact same codes (Costco, and $40 off @ Budget) has shown to fluctuate from week to week.

I've secured it at $720 all-in originally and then checked back to see it @$900+ then I got it last week for $660 or so, renewed my rental, this week it's coming in at over $1,000.

Just some advice that going back and trying the exact same codes from time to time could provide different results, sometimes an even better deal than originally secured.

I have a reservation this week with National, where the reservation is pick up at MCO returning to Disney Care Care Center after few days. Since making the reservation months ago, I am now staying at YC and called to change return to Dolphin so I could walk back to hotel. National told me my rate would almost double returning car there since I have a coupon applied and they are over capacity for that coupon. I called Care Care Center to inquire about shuttle and they suggested it, and said not a problem just returning car there. She also checked with her supervisor. Has anyone done this? I don't want to be hit with a surprise extra $10 for returning there instead of CCC.

Hey all. Looking at rental for 11/20 - 12/6, I know a long time. But still, I've noticed that with the exact same codes (Costco, and $40 off @ Budget) has shown to fluctuate from week to week.

I've secured it at $720 all-in originally and then checked back to see it @$900+ then I got it last week for $660 or so, renewed my rental, this week it's coming in at over $1,000.

Just some advice that going back and trying the exact same codes from time to time could provide different results, sometimes an even better deal than originally secured.

I check weekly as well to see rates have not dropped from the reservation I have and this week I almost fell off my chair checking today with the base cost ($129 I have) jumping to $232. I've not seen rates this high since starting the thread months back.

I check weekly as well to see rates have not dropped from the reservation I have and this week I almost fell off my chair checking today with the base cost ($129 I have) jumping to $232. I've not seen rates this high since starting the thread months back.

Same here. I check fairly regularly and it seems in the last week quotes for my trip have gone up $100 on avg. I am still hoping that Alamo will eventually come in close enough to what I have reserved with Firefly so I can switch. So much easier with the kiosk and pre-check in...plus picking out the car is way more fun.

I am watching for a car (as large as possible for reasonable ant of money) for 11/24 from TPA. We will take it to Marco Island for the week and then drive it to wdw and drop it off on 11/30. I am seeing $350-375 for full size cars. Would love a van or suv since there are 5 of us and 2 wks worth of luggage. Is the $350-375 decent and I should lock in or should I wait it out?

I am watching for a car (as large as possible for reasonable ant of money) for 11/24 from TPA. We will take it to Marco Island for the week and then drive it to wdw and drop it off on 11/30. I am seeing $350-375 for full size cars. Would love a van or suv since there are 5 of us and 2 wks worth of luggage. Is the $350-375 decent and I should lock in or should I wait it out?

Scroll a few pages back. There is a KLM code that gave me a mini van for under $300 for a week plus one day. I am also picking up in Tampa.

It appears after a week of higher quoted rates, at least for Dollar prices have dropped to where they were two weeks ago.

My travel dates are 11-7 to 11-14.

Just reserved a minivan (dodge caravan or similar) with e-z Car Rental for $214 (273.41 est. with taxes). I used code B570E. Pickup and drop off is at MCO terminal.

Does anyone have experience with this car rental company?

Anyone have good coupon codes they can share for any of the major car rental companies? Thanks!

What search engine do y'all use? I generally use Costco but don't want to overlook other options. We are limited to companies that I can return the vehicle to in or very near Wdw.

My travel dates are 11-7 to 11-14.

Just reserved a minivan (dodge caravan or similar) with e-z Car Rental for $214 (273.41 est. with taxes). I used code B570E. Pickup and drop off is at MCO terminal.

Does anyone have experience with this car rental company?

I have never used as there are more negative stories than positives on this company (make sure they do not ding you for extras and have all / even minor marks listed on the circle check). Funny when checking out their rates and decided to close the window, they up the ante by increasing the discount offered to 10% (code E86C8). I am a habitual low cost seeker but I balance that with the risk of a good deal turning into a bad one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter