NOVEMBER 2012 Trip Planners Part 2~yes there IS another!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi All,
We are now booked for 14-21 November to celebrate DH 40th birthday on 17th. We are staying at CR where we have stayed before. I'm busy planning my ADRs for when I can book! Really excited, our last 3 trips have been over Christmas so I'm hoping the crowds will be a little lower this trip.

You are going to have a great time this time of year. Last year we went Nov 15-22 and the weather was perfection and crowds were no issue at all. I stalk this board because I'm jealous that we're not going again this year and I want to go back so bad! lol
have a great time!

I just booked our trip. Arriving Nov. 9 and staying until Nov. 18 at the POR. So excited!! First time down since 2000. :)

:welcome: I will add you

Hey! We just booked :cool1: At the moment, my mother and I are heading down to WDW Nov 10-Nov 18 (though we're considering an extra day). We're staying at the GF because we got a pin code for a room discount :goodvibes

We stayed about the same time of year in 2010 and liked that we get one day at F&W (yes, we know that weekends are crowded but it can't be helped) and get the Christmas party and decorations. Is everyone pretty positive that the Osbourne Lights will be up by Nov 10th? That's rather integral to our plan right now

:welcome: I have always wanted to stay at the GF. The lights should be up the 9th I believe

Does anyone know when the Thanksgiving day menus will be released?

Also, I just thought of something. When I ordered my MVMCP tickets, I was told they were non-refundable and non-transferable. Therefore, will the tickets have my name printed on them? If so, I did not know if that would be a problem for my husband, daughter, and daughter's friend who will be using one of the other three tickets I purchased. I would not imagine that Disney thinks I intend to use four tickets for myself; however, they did not ask me for the names of the other ticket holders in my party.

The tickets dont have names printed on them :goodvibes

Hi All,
We are now booked for 14-21 November to celebrate DH 40th birthday on 17th. We are staying at CR where we have stayed before. I'm busy planning my ADRs for when I can book! Really excited, our last 3 trips have been over Christmas so I'm hoping the crowds will be a little lower this trip.

:welcome:

Forgot to add we have booked MVMCP for 15th. Just because we're not there for Xmas this year doesn't mean we can't get in the mood does it:santa:

:thumbsup2

Have ya'll seen this?

http://www.youtube.com/WDWINFO

Can't wait!! :banana::banana::banana:

That is exciting! :cool1: Has anyone fit Be Our Guest into their ADR's?

I have openings where we can drop existing ADRs for them since we will be at the park 2 nights for MVMCP and then a regular day/night as well

Do we know when it will actually open/be open for ADRs

I think its still generalized as 'holiday season' so I am leaving some spots open ;)

Oh my do I have a lot of reading to do to catch up with all of you!!!

Please update my stats:
Arriving 11/6-17 WL
MVMCP 11/12

:cool1:

That is exciting! :cool1: Has anyone fit Be Our Guest into their ADR's?

I did. I have at least 2 places i could do it, IF it is open when we go. I am hoping "holiday season" will mean whe disney starts the christmas season, not the actual holiday. I am making ADR's for those meals, but will change one if I can get BOG.

Anyone else hoping they get picked to be a test family for the new FastPass

http://www.foxnews.com/travel/2012/05/02/walt-disney-world-tests-fastpass-future/

Not too sure. For now, having to commit to fastpasses days/weeks/months in advance does not appeal to me. Although I check crowd levels, hit rope drop, and do certain rides early, having to plan to that level of detail is not my cup of tea.

Once you get the times you then have to plan what attractions you do and what areas of the park you will be in based on where the FP is. I would only use it if the alternative is long waits. And that may just be the case. I wish they would just do what Universal does and charge for an Express Pass.

I wouldn't mind being a test family, although they should be done testing it by November, right? What I'm worried about is what happens when it is standard practice... how much harder is it going to make it if you don't pay the extra fee, or choose not to choose your rides months in advance..? :faint:

I took the Plunge and booked this am BWI Water View Nov 28 to Dec 3 ! :love::banana:

Also booked our flights at $110 each way for early morning arrival on the 28th and late departure on 12/3. *I am so excited!!! :banana:

Planning on attending MVMCP on Nov 29 :cool1:

I can make my ADRs in 7 days - YIKES! Now I really have to set up my plan. I know we are going to go to a park in the morning have lunch, back to the resorts for a nap and then dinner and park at night. What time would you all recommend making reservations for dinner?

I'm another one that is not to sure about the xpass.

I love planning as much as any of you. Its part of the fun. But sometimes I long to just "GO" to Disney. But now a days we don't dare do that. Oh well, it is what it is. ::yes::

I wouldn't mind being a test family, although they should be done testing it by November, right? What I'm worried about is what happens when it is standard practice... how much harder is it going to make it if you don't pay the extra fee, or choose not to choose your rides months in advance..? :faint:

All of this concerns me some as well.

I took the Plunge and booked this am BWI Water View Nov 28 to Dec 3 ! :love::banana:

Also booked our flights at $110 each way for early morning arrival on the 28th and late departure on 12/3. *I am so excited!!! :banana:

Planning on attending MVMCP on Nov 29 :cool1:

It does feel good to see things coming together. :goodvibes

I can make my ADRs in 7 days - YIKES! Now I really have to set up my plan. I know we are going to go to a park in the morning have lunch, back to the resorts for a nap and then dinner and park at night. What time would you all recommend making reservations for dinner?

I can't help you with picking out times. But, I just can't believe that some of us are getting so close to making ADRs!! :banana::banana::banana: That is exciting!!

The closer I get to being able to make ADRs the more I want to say the heck with it skip the dining plan and eat QS for the entire trip. Yikes!!!!:faint:

This site has been so helpful trying to plan our FIRST off-site and FIRST 2 week trip...also our FIRST time visiting Universal Studios, Islands of Adventure, Sea World and possibly Discovery Cove.

I've learned I should buy MVMCP tickets for 11/27 and to stay away from MK 11/29 - 12/1...any suggestions for which days will be best to visit Universal, Islands of Adventure, or Sea World? Or which days are best for the WDW parks during the week of Thanksgiving?

Thanks so much!!

This site has been so helpful trying to plan our FIRST off-site and FIRST 2 week trip...also our FIRST time visiting Universal Studios, Islands of Adventure, Sea World and possibly Discovery Cove.

I've learned I should buy MVMCP tickets for 11/27 and to stay away from MK 11/29 - 12/1...any suggestions for which days will be best to visit Universal, Islands of Adventure, or Sea World? Or which days are best for the WDW parks during the week of Thanksgiving?

Thanks so much!!

WE have done Thanksgiving weeek 3 times. These are my general planning rules:

1. DO NOT go to MK on thanksgivng day. The day before or after are MUCH better.

2. I generally do AK on thanksgiving day. We have been to the other parks and this is by far the lowest crowd.

3. Do the parks that have headliners you want to ride multiple times early in the week, before the peak crowds hit. For us this is HS. We love RnRC, Star Tours and Toy Story.

4. Whatever park you are doing, get there at rope drop. This is the single most valuble planning tip I have ever gotten. The difference in crowds before lunch versus after is HUGE. WE get SO much more riding done early and spend the afternoon doing shows, parades, ect at a relaxed pace and catch evening fireworks.

5. Have realistic expectations. After Sunday before thanksgiving wherever you are will be CROWDED. Make the best of it, tour smart, and take breaks when you need them. It is amazing what 15 min sitting in the shade with an ice pop does for one's attitude.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter