• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

November 2012 Trip planners #4~almost Disney time! Everyone welcome!

princesshope1982 said:
i found another thing to freak out about

i booked bbb for my daughter, she has very long hair...like rapunzel long.. and i dont want them to do a shabby job because its to long

When I took my daughter to BBB, her hair was to her butt and very thick...they did AWESOME! I wouldn't worry!

We booked May 2.... The day my husband was approved for disability after a 5 year battle with him being out of work. (he has MS) this trip is somewhat of a celebration for us!

47 Days! Woo Hoo!
I'm paying it of tomorrow. Yay! My wife and I just figured out what we had to pay each week when we booked in April, we made it a weekly "bill". And thanks to her working for Target, and having a target debit card. We saved 14% off the trip by purchasing Disney gift cards there. I can't freaking wait for November!

Why do I keep hearing about people buying Disney gift cards at Target? Is there some kind of special?

nmills said:
Why do I keep hearing about people buying Disney gift cards at Target? Is there some kind of special?

Using the target card you get 5% off all purchases...and employees get a discount also!

kind of - if you sign up for their red card (tied to your debit account or a credit card through them) then you get 5% off them every day (at least until they close the loophole, but it has existed for awhile now).

nmills said:

Yes!! Employees obviously get a better deal, but if you have a Target Visa or debit, you get 5% off your purchase, so buying $500 in Disney gc saves you $25. I wait until i have $500 to buy gc and i get $525 in gc for $498.75.

AquaDame said:
kind of - if you sign up for their red card (tied to your debit account or a credit card through them) then you get 5% off them every day (at least until they close the loophole, but it has existed for awhile now).

I don't think they well close the loophole, because there really is no loophole. They offer the 5% on anything, that includes gift cards. (obviously target ones excluded) We buy all sorts of gift cards there, restaurant, iTunes google play. They used to sell Amazon gift cards which was nice. Those did go away since Amazon is seen as a direct competitor.

That is awesome. I have a Target card and never knew that. Now I will definitely be getting some Disney gift cards. I wonder if I can use a friends employee discount with my card... Thanks for the info... BTW 63 days for us!

I don't think they well close the loophole, because there really is no loophole. They offer the 5% on anything, that includes gift cards. (obviously target ones excluded) We buy all sorts of gift cards there, restaurant, iTunes google play. They used to sell Amazon gift cards which was nice. Those did go away since Amazon is seen as a direct competitor.

It is a loophole because there is no discount on GIFT cards, like the target ones ring up as, but there is for ENTERTAINMENT cards, which is what the Disney ones ring up as. Or at least that is how it was explained to me. :thumbsup2

MomTo3PrincessesInNJ said:
Today was payoff day for us -- woooooohooooo!!!

When I looked back at the email from my travel agent I realized we put our initial deposit down on April 14th! It feels like we've been waiting so long for this trip -- and really, we have!

So, how long ago did you officially book your trip?

:cool1:As of today, we are 48 days away!!!:cool1:

We booked our trip on july 24th and paid it off yesterday! Yay!! I'm jealous you're so close to going, I'm at 60 days! :(

Smileybug said:
Good morning ya'll. :goodvibes

I don't think I'm going to worry about the menue changes. The places we have ADRs at are as much for atmosphere as the food. :thumbsup2 Its Disney..... Its all good!! :goodvibes

That was our thought too!

When I looked back at the email from my travel agent I realized we put our initial deposit down on April 14th! It feels like we've been waiting so long for this trip -- and really, we have!

We booked last Dec. as we knew way before then but had to wait til 11mo out to book our home resort. ;)

Just wanted to say good morning!

I'm a little excited today because I found out yesterday the IPhone 4 is now $.99

I think I'll get one this week (my first smart phone).

Super excited about getting the Disney World apps.

How cool! Wonder if Sprint has the same deal. Off to check.

Woo Hoo!!! :cool1: Just got done booking our November trip! This will be our first time at Pop and our first time on the DDP!

YAY and :wave2:! Welcome to the thread! We will be there the same time.

We booked July 15, 2011. That seems like forever ago. We were supposed to go last Nov. but we got a great surprise at the beginning of the year. We were pregnant. I did not want to take a 1 month old to disney so we decided to wait. We were booked and everything.

69 days for us!!!!

Howdy! We're staying at Pop Nov 26- Dec 2! Just finished paying it off. 69 more days to go! This is our first time at Pop and our first time doing free dining as well!

When will Disney mail me tickets and such? I got my party tickets right away, same with PhotoPass+ but that's it.

Does anyone know how much the hair wrapping costs now? DD has had it done the last two times that we were in the world but for the life of me I can not remember how much they cost! (Other than the fact that it was really expensive since her hair is so long!) Maybe I can talk her into cutting it before we leave! ::yes:: :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter