November 2012 Trip planners #4~almost Disney time! Everyone welcome!

I have never done BBB but since we may never get to go again we have budgeted to spend about $250 from everything I have read on the disboards and from other places i dont think we can get around spending that much. We are doing the big package though that includes the dress and makeover, but the other packages don't seem to expensive for Disney. My daughter wants tinkerbell wings that light up and they aren't included so that is why we plan on spending more, and besides its my little girls 3rd birthday so we will go all out this time, if we are lucky enough to get to go again we will bring our own dress and accessories. I did just get an email for 25% off accessories from the Disney store so you could probably save a ton by buying your stuff here... Now I am thinking my decision of buying everything there... Oh boy I thought I had it all figured out :)

nmills said:
I have never done BBB but since we may never get to go again we have budgeted to spend about $250 from everything I have read on the disboards and from other places i dont think we can get around spending that much. We are doing the big package though that includes the dress and makeover, but the other packages don't seem to expensive for Disney. My daughter wants tinkerbell wings that light up and they aren't included so that is why we plan on spending more, and besides its my little girls 3rd birthday so we will go all out this time, if we are lucky enough to get to go again we will bring our own dress and accessories. I did just get an email for 25% off accessories from the Disney store so you could probably save a ton by buying your stuff here... Now I am thinking my decision of buying everything there... Oh boy I thought I had it all figured out :)

I can't figure out how to edit but it should said rethinking our decision of buying everything there...

I'm pretty sure the few PTR followers i had have abandoned my PTR, as i had for a month, but if anyone's bored, i've posted a few brief updates!

has anyone done the bbb? what do u usually spend?

We did it the last time we went in 2010 for DD1's 5th birthday at MK. We did the full package with the dress and everything and it was right around $200. They do a photo shoot during and after and it all goes on your photopass. Some printouts are included with the price too. The dresses they have as part of that package are (or at least, were at the time) of a higher quality than you could find anywhere else on property or in stores. Small details of the jewels, stitching, etc were noticeable over other dresses you could find. DD1 wanted to be Cinderella so we got her that and she wore it around the park all day plus at Halloween and various Halloween parties too. One of her friends had a princess dress up party and they all wore their dresses and hers stood out and had the other parents asking us where we got such a nice dress. They use a TON of hair gel and it actually lasts for a couple of days if you don't wash it out and even then it's moderately difficult to wash out. I'm assuming the purpose behind that is so parents don't spend all of that money on a one day hairdo. The price was about $200 after tax and I don't remember if we tipped the FGMIT or not, as my mom paid for it. DD1 also got a special sash that said Birthday Princess on it.

Trying to post a picture below...

main.php

Happy Monday Everyone! Hope you all had a wonderful weekend. Myself, well I had a very busy one. :) Got the call that my baby sis was on her way to the hospital cause it was baby time :yay: Fri morning. After hair appt. I head home to pack, wait for kiddies to get out of school and DSIS to get off work so we could head out to Charlotte. This changed our original plans of attending a wedding that Sat. however Baby Girl Iliyana Naomi was born at 3:22am on Sept. 15th so it was well worth it. After spending time with baby and family we headed back home to host a friend’s baby shower at his house at 7pm. Then yesterday it was back to cheer practice followed by a 2nd babyshower at the cheer gym for the coach. Ended last night of course watching football (GO GIANTS!!!!!) So here we are...Monday morning and it's back to the grind. :surfweb:

Congrats on the new niece! You were very busy!

:headache:

One of the meals I was most excited about -- mostly because of the boat ride -- might have to get the axe!

I just read this thread:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2993048

I know my H will lvoe the skillett, but everyone else was going to do a'la carte. I'm not going to drop the ressie until I actually see the menu, but I want to have a back up in place NOW, before everyone else jumps ship!

It's the night of our MVMCP so now I'm lost as to where we should eat... there isn't much open this close to the date...

Here are my choices:
Maya Grill (Coronado Springs) @ 5:15
Raglan Road (DTD) @ 5

Should we do a counter service in MK since we'll be there for the party anyway? Or eat at our resort (AoA)? We have the DxDP so I hate to "waste" a TS credit, but I will... and to think, I was SO happy with my ADRs....:crazy2:

That stinks. What about the Plaza?

Sorry I've been missing. Saturday we celebrated my dd2's birthday.

I have a lot of reading to do! Ha Ha! Hope all is well with everyone.

I'm going to try and post a pic. Our "Merida"

SHe is beautiful!

Thank you. She was thrilled to get the dress for her birthday. She plans on wearing it when we meet Merida and for breakfast at the castle.

It was my first time posting a picture and it was huge sorry about that.

Love this pic! What a beautiful Merida!

Thank you. She had fun wearing it. She didn't take it off until bedtime. Today the actual bow and arrow set came from disney. She had to go put the dress on and practice her archery skills. Ha Ha!

has anyone done the bbb? what do u usually spend?

To much! Ha Ha! We have done it twice the first time she just got the makeover I want to say that was about $70.00. The next time she got the outfit and all. I want to say it was about 150.00. Not exactly sure but well worth it. She was thrilled and got so much attention from the characters. She was dressed as Jasmine and when Aladdin went by on a float during the parade he blew her a kiss. So sweet.

Good Morning All!! :goodvibes

Just thought I would wish everyone a great day before I started work this morning. UUgghhh but then again it IS getting me that much closer to WDW - we're all getting excited and can't wait for the big day to finally arrive....we are now at -

56 Days.....YEAH!!!!!

So my minor freak out over Whispering Canyon Cafe changing their menu isn't such a big deal now -- our ressie there is on our MK day, not our MVMCP day!

For the party we have an ADR @ Cape May Cafe for the Clam Bake @ 5:10, then we'll be heading to the party right after.

As for WCC, I made a back-up ressie at the Trail's End Dinner Buffet just in case we decide to skip it. It's still a boat ride away from the MK, which is what I wanted :rotfl:

Apparently quite a few menus will be changing tomorrow... I hope I don't have to scramble to change my ADRs!!! I liked things just as they were....:goodvibes

Good morning ya'll. :goodvibes

I don't think I'm going to worry about the menue changes. The places we have ADRs at are as much for atmosphere as the food. :thumbsup2 Its Disney..... Its all good!! :goodvibes

Woohoo! PP+ Ordered! :thumbsup2

Turns out I could pay for it with my Disney Redemption card or a gift card. I just missed the box where that was on the order page the first time through. :blush:

That burns a little more than half of what I had saved up on that card, but that's what it's for right?

Hope everyone has a good day.

i was going to bring dd a dress for the bbb but now im curious if they are better quality dresses than i can buy at the disney store.

i have 200 set aside for it so now im wondering what i should do.

we have gotten her a rapunzel dress and the limited edition rapunzel wedding dress as well.

but after bbb we are doing crt for dinner ahhhh someone help make my mind up for me :badpc:

alos trying to swtich 2 of my adrs and having no luck. want to switch coral reef and garden grill but cant find adr for either

Disney Mom of 6: Your little one is beautiful and what a great Merida she makes!

Squirrel: Love the pic of your little princess! What a cutie!

DH and I love to make a big deal out of the princesses when they're all done up. Not in a creepy way of course:rotfl:, just a smile and a comment.;) We planned our last trip in April with our DGD too late to get into BBB and she hates anyone to mess with her hair, so she probably wouldn't have liked it anyway. She wore the Cinderella dress I made for her and had a ball anyway!

I still have 71 days to go. I think when I get out of the 70s it will feel better. Especially when I see some of you in the 50s. Will it ever get here????:snail:

Today was payoff day for us -- woooooohooooo!!!

When I looked back at the email from my travel agent I realized we put our initial deposit down on April 14th! It feels like we've been waiting so long for this trip -- and really, we have!

So, how long ago did you officially book your trip?

:cool1:As of today, we are 48 days away!!!:cool1:

Just wanted to say good morning!

I'm a little excited today because I found out yesterday the IPhone 4 is now $.99

I think I'll get one this week (my first smart phone).

Super excited about getting the Disney World apps.

When I looked back at the email from my travel agent I realized we put our initial deposit down on April 14th! It feels like we've been waiting so long for this trip -- and really, we have!

we offically booked in march but had our package picked out last november so i know what you mean

We booked ours in May. We had planned it back in January, but then a bill from the IRS took our funds. Thankfully I got a bonus so the trip was back on. We are down to 60 days until arrival and I can't wait!

We booked in March as well after knowing we were doing so since July, 2011! :lmao: We normally don't know that far in advance, but this trip was mainly booked to run the Wine & Dine 1/2 to complete our Coast to Coast challenge (we did the Tink over my birthday weekend in January!) I am ready for this crazy challenge to be OVER... with training the running itself has been fine, but figuring out the TIMING for these long runs in addition to normal busy lives has been very difficult! I think I'm starting to lose it! :joker:

We hit the 50 day mark today!

I actually booked this on December 21st, 2011 and my payoff was supposed to be this Sunday, but we had it paid off about a month back. Now it is saving for the incidentals!

i found another thing to freak out about

i booked bbb for my daughter, she has very long hair...like rapunzel long.. and i dont want them to do a shabby job because its to long

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter