November 2012 Trip planners #4~almost Disney time! Everyone welcome!

As to the things I forget when traveling it typically is the toiletries that I still need until just before we leave. Never fails. You grab your soap, your shampoo and your tooth brush and then you forget your deodorant or a hairbrush or something like that. Then you buy it on vacation and pay $20 for a half stick of deodorant. :rotfl:

My solution to this is just pack all new toiletries and leave what we are currently using at home. Otherwise, I would be running around last minute trying to gather things and it stresses me out.

Anyway, we are only 27 days away...I have a question...for the park touring plans, does anyone use a certain website.

40 days for us!

We will be in WDW over Thanksgiving & I know it will be super crowded. I am hoping someone can answer this question:

If a park fills to capacity, can you still be admitted if you have dinner reservations? I am a little worried about this (ok, ALOT).

TIA,
Julie

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Are you staying on site? I think I read somewhere that if you're staying on site you have guareented entry. Anyone else hear this?

I just got onto the chat on WDW's site and asked them.

Thank you for contacting Disney. Please hold while we route your chat to a Disney Cast Member who will help you with your question.
Welcome to Disney! My name is Payton. How may I help you today?
you: question about parks being at capacity
Payton: Sure! Ask away! I'm here to help!
you: if you are staying on property or have a dining reservation can you still get in if the park is "at capacity"?
Payton: That is a great question! Guests have preferential treatment on days where the theme parks are close to capacity. Resort guests will be granted access to the parks up until theme park has reached maximum capacity.
Payton: When are you planning to visit us?
you: 11/17-11/24
you: have the parks, specifically MK, ever reached capacity on thanksgiving day?
Payton: Perfect! Holidays can be a popular time for us. However, the only times that parks have reached capacity is Christmas, New Years, and sometimes the 4th of July. You would not have to worry about that for your travel dates.
you: One last question, when do the halloween decorations come down and the christmas decorations go up?
Payton: The Halloween decorations come down during the first week of November. Christmas decorations go as soon as Halloween is down. The decorations will be up in time for the start of Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party on November 9th.
you: Ok, I lied, one more. Even though MVMCP isn't happening while I'm there the Castle will still be decorated for Christmas right?
Payton: As I mentioned, Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party starts November 9th, so yes the Castle will be decorated for your visit.
you: Thank you!

Hope this alleviates some stress. I know it did for me!

I would be paid off today if it weren't for debit card limits. :) tomorrow!!! 46 days! It's so real now!

momjeeps said:
I would be paid off today if it weren't for debit card limits. :) tomorrow!!! 46 days! It's so real now!

I bought gift cards ahead of paying ours off because I realized I would have that problem... So crazy — you have money in the bank but can't use it!

°o° Lace — Planning our second WDW adventure, 11/1-12 AoA-LM (Sent from my iPad using DISBoards)

Just went and purchased everything we need to make our disney shirts and outfits, so excited to get started on them. I also printed out and made a list of pressed pennies we would like to try and hunt down. Something fun for my kids to look out for. My DD is doing BBB at DTD so I thought it would be fun for my DS to go around and do so he doesn't have to just sit and watch, an extra little special treat for him to pick out a book and roam around looking for them. Another great thing about doing the pressed pennies it will be a nice souvenir that won't cost a small fortune and we can start doing it every time we go and it won't be just another stuffed animal or toy that will get thrown in the toy box. I think everything is planned out and we are good to go, just have to get the outfits done and preorder photopass! 46 days until we are on our way!!! We are staying offsite with family so we aren't too worried about packing since if we forget something they will most likely have it for us. Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Just went and purchased everything we need to make our disney shirts and outfits, so excited to get started on them. I also printed out and made a list of pressed pennies we would like to try and hunt down. Something fun for my kids to look out for. My DD is doing BBB at DTD so I thought it would be fun for my DS to go around and do so he doesn't have to just sit and watch, an extra little special treat for him to pick out a book and roam around looking for them. Another great thing about doing the pressed pennies it will be a nice souvenir that won't cost a small fortune and we can start doing it every time we go and it won't be just another stuffed animal or toy that will get thrown in the toy box. I think everything is planned out and we are good to go, just have to get the outfits done and preorder photopass! 46 days until we are on our way!!! We are staying offsite with family so we aren't too worried about packing since if we forget something they will most likely have it for us. Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Congrats!!!I had so much fun making our shirts and getting stuff for our trip. I even ordered a Disney World pressed penny holder on Ebay that holds the pressed pennies so we can look at them all at once when we get home.

Anyway, we are only 27 days away...I have a question...for the park touring plans, does anyone use a certain website.

I like TouringPlans for that. For crowd levels and parks to avoid, I like EasyWDW best.

Really, after going so many times, we really don't use prewritten plans anymore. We have our own "plan" for each park, based on how many days for each and how busy the week. Our usual plan is based on 2 days for MK, 2 days for Epcot, 1 day each for AK and DHS. We get to parks at rope drop and use FP when we need- basically, just ride the big headliners and slow-loaders in the first 3 hours and relax and enjoy the lighter crowd attractions the rest of the day.

squirrel4569 said:
I just got onto the chat on WDW's site and asked them.

Thank you for contacting Disney. Please hold while we route your chat to a Disney Cast Member who will help you with your question.
Welcome to Disney! My name is Payton. How may I help you today?
you: question about parks being at capacity
Payton: Sure! Ask away! I'm here to help!
you: if you are staying on property or have a dining reservation can you still get in if the park is "at capacity"?
Payton: That is a great question! Guests have preferential treatment on days where the theme parks are close to capacity. Resort guests will be granted access to the parks up until theme park has reached maximum capacity.
Payton: When are you planning to visit us?
you: 11/17-11/24
you: have the parks, specifically MK, ever reached capacity on thanksgiving day?
Payton: Perfect! Holidays can be a popular time for us. However, the only times that parks have reached capacity is Christmas, New Years, and sometimes the 4th of July. You would not have to worry about that for your travel dates.
you: One last question, when do the halloween decorations come down and the christmas decorations go up?
Payton: The Halloween decorations come down during the first week of November. Christmas decorations go as soon as Halloween is down. The decorations will be up in time for the start of Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party on November 9th.
you: Ok, I lied, one more. Even though MVMCP isn't happening while I'm there the Castle will still be decorated for Christmas right?
Payton: As I mentioned, Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party starts November 9th, so yes the Castle will be decorated for your visit.
you: Thank you!

Hope this alleviates some stress. I know it did for me!

Thank you much! We are staying at OKW 11/15-11/24 and have many special dining ressies. We haven't seen Christmas at WDW since 2005 & never been for Thanksgiving. Sooooo excited!

Thanks Again,
Julie

AAA agent called today, didn't leave a message but I'm pretty sure some Mickey Mail arrived, she will not leave a message on my machine since sometimes it's a surprise trip:thumbsup2:cool1:

I like TouringPlans for that. For crowd levels and parks to avoid, I like EasyWDW best.

Really, after going so many times, we really don't use prewritten plans anymore. We have our own "plan" for each park, based on how many days for each and how busy the week. Our usual plan is based on 2 days for MK, 2 days for Epcot, 1 day each for AK and DHS. We get to parks at rope drop and use FP when we need- basically, just ride the big headliners and slow-loaders in the first 3 hours and relax and enjoy the lighter crowd attractions the rest of the day.

Thanks
This will be our third trip and there are some rides (the big thill ones) that we don't ride so I'm not sure if a pre-written plan would benefit us either. We also hit RD and do the big ones in the first 2-3 hours and then we slow down a bit, enjoy lunch, a break at the resort and then dinner and the parade/fireworks.

morning all

suitcases are coming out today!!!! Still no mm, ordering photopass tonight,packing lists are being worked on.

Does anyone know where i can find a list of what events are at what parks when (parades ,osborne lights etc)

p.s. We are in the 20's!!!!!!!!!!!!pixiedust::banana:

morning all

suitcases are coming out today!!!! Still no mm, ordering photopass tonight,packing lists are being worked on.

Does anyone know where i can find a list of what events are at what parks when (parades ,osborne lights etc)

Hope do you have an I Phone even if you don't I still think the app is avail on others too get Disney Mobile Magic- its awesome and has all that info. There are also other great apps as well but I really love that one!! There's another one called WDW guide- its also fantastic but i think you have to pay for that one like 99 cents i think. There are some awesome ones out thre but those 2 are my favorites. I have 4 disney apps on my phone- I know I know a bit excessive but hey can't ever get enough Disney right??

Hope do you have an I Phone even if you don't I still think the app is avail on others too get Disney Mobile Magic- its awesome and has all that info. There are also other great apps as well but I really love that one!! There's another one called WDW guide- its also fantastic but i think you have to pay for that one like 99 cents i think. There are some awesome ones out thre but those 2 are my favorites. I have 4 disney apps on my phone- I know I know a bit excessive but hey can't ever get enough Disney right??

i'll have to see if that is available on my android

i think i might have made a planning boo boo.

What time do osborne lights typically start? On the 9th is our split hs/epcot day and i booked coral reef in epcot for dinner. i dont know why i didnt think of osborne ligths until now :badpc:

princesshope1982 said:
i think i might have made a planning boo boo.

What time do osborne lights typically start? On the 9th is our split hs/epcot day and i booked coral reef in epcot for dinner. i dont know why i didnt think of osborne ligths until now :badpc:

I've heard it's usually 6 or 6:30, takes about 15 minutes and repeats not long after that, continuing until an hour past park closing time.

°o° Lace — Planning our second WDW adventure, 11/1-12 AoA-LM (Sent from my iPad using DISBoards)

k ive made some adjustments to switch my cr to lunch and go to epcot during the days and hs at night to not miss buddy at epcot and see the osborne lights.

this now gets me ot of the park around 8. Since this is a mvmcp night where could i go to catch the special fireworks but obviously not be in mk? Possible a place for dinner

So I was wondering, has anyone heard anything more about what will be viewable, available, etc, from the new FantasyLand expansion for us early Novemberites?

I just paid off our trip for November!!1:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2: So excited this is our first trip during the holidays and the kids have no idea that we are going!!:cool1::cool1::cool1:
Congats on paying off your trip....:banana::banana::banana:
morning all

The app My disney experience has the times guide in it. It seems to be a very nice app.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter