November 2012 Car Rental Deals

I just got an intermediate SUV for $275.00 from Budget for Nov1-Nov 10th. Last year I got a full size for $135 from Alamo for Oct 29th-Nov 8th. Hope the rates go down. I asked a girl at Alamo if she knew why the rates were so high and she said they price them according to inventory meaning that they are so high right now because they have alot of people renting at my times (and others) so they charge more. So I am wondering if it was really smart of me to book at $275 when I am not happy with that price but I am feeding into the price increase apparently. Oh well I can still hope :)

That first week of November is insane. I am arriving on the 1st also. I found decent pricing on Advantage a few weeks ago; $14.22/night for a midsize. I'm afraid of Advantage but booked it because it was by far the cheapest I could come up with. Hoping we'll find something else but feeling a bit doubtful!

First week of December isn't looking much better :confused3 and I need a car for that timeframe too.

I too am skeptical about Advantage which is why I did not book. Not sure why I am skeptical? But have used Budget and Alamo with great results!

We are in WDW 11/27-12/7 and there will be 5 adults. I finally found a "deal" at Dollar for a Premium car (Crown Victoria) for a total of $284.56. I used a promo code "kisse" or "kiss2" work. I got the promo code from Mousesavers.
This is a full time job looking for a "deal" on a car rental for 10 days. It's almost as much for the 3 extra days as it is for a week. No idea why this is....??
We have rented from Alamo at the Dolphin in February 2012. We are DVC Members and our home resort is the Boardwalk. It's very convenient to use Magical Express to get to the BW and then walk over to the Dolphin to get the car. On the day we were leaving, we dropped it off at the Dolphin, walked back and then got on the bus later that afternoon. The car was waiting for us at the Valet station. Would love to do that again, but the prices for Alamo are way to high. I'll keep looking for new promo codes that will reduce it even more.
Thanks -
Karen

I checked Budget again, and with that Wendie code it's still a good deal for the first week of November.

Well, when I booked a midsize with Alamo way back in April or May the rate was over $550 for Nov 14-23. I finally got my National EA down to $305.57 using the KLM code (I know there has been some questioning of this code but KLM flies out of our airport so I feel comfortable using it). I've kept that one since I could possibly get something bigger than the midsize although we really don't need it.
On Monday, Alamo had a premium for $277.78 and the midsize was over $600. So I booked the premium. Today it went down to $244.39. Still higher than I'd like but it's starting to move i the right direction! Got this reate with my Insider number and the AD2359FDF coupon. The special FL code actually ws higher for me and will not accept the coupon.

Well, when I booked a midsize with Alamo way back in April or May the rate was over $550 for Nov 14-23. I finally got my National EA down to $305.57 using the KLM code (I know there has been some questioning of this code but KLM flies out of our airport so I feel comfortable using it). I've kept that one since I could possibly get something bigger than the midsize although we really don't need it.
On Monday, Alamo had a premium for $277.78 and the midsize was over $600. So I booked the premium. Today it went down to $244.39. Still higher than I'd like but it's starting to move i the right direction! Got this reate with my Insider number and the AD2359FDF coupon. The special FL code actually ws higher for me and will not accept the coupon.

That is a great deal on Alamo! $244 for 10 days? Must be one of those specials that appears at the top.

Today, Alamo, even with insiders, ID, and coupon, is over $600 for my dates (10/31-11/10). National is $285 with KLM code, booked six weeks ago. Today is $305.

That is a great deal on Alamo! $244 for 10 days? Must be one of those specials that appears at the top.

Today, Alamo, even with insiders, ID, and coupon, is over $600 for my dates (10/31-11/10). National is $285 with KLM code, booked six weeks ago. Today is $305.

Nope, this wasn't one of the Hot Deals or Specials. I think it has more to do with inventory and reservations at MCO. Renters may be looking for something that's more fuel efficient. There were midsize SUV's and 7 pass vans cheaper than economy, compact and midsize also. If I try to pick up at the Car Care Center and return to MCO the rate for the premium is really high.

Nope, this wasn't one of the Hot Deals or Specials. I think it has more to do with inventory and reservations at MCO. Renters may be looking for something that's more fuel efficient. There were midsize SUV's and 7 pass vans cheaper than economy, compact and midsize also. If I try to pick up at the Car Care Center and return to MCO the rate for the premium is really high.

Sorry - my wording is wrong. Oops! I was just referring to what you said - when the car shows up at the top of the list on the car selection page.

I have often seen SUVs come up there too. Fuel efficiency makes sense!

Is anyone having any luck with end of November deals? Right now we have a compact with Dollar at $233 and one with Advantage for $198, am thinking that might be the best we can get.

Is anyone having any luck with end of November deals? Right now we have a compact with Dollar at $233 and one with Advantage for $198, am thinking that might be the best we can get.

I have a full size from Dollar for $131.31 (including all taxes and fees) for 11/23-29. Booked it a week or two ago - didn't use any codes, just the City Special. That's the best I've seen so far, but I keep checking. I still hold out hope that rates will drop as we get closer.

I have a full size from Dollar for $131.31 (including all taxes and fees) for 11/23-29. Booked it a week or two ago - didn't use any codes, just the City Special. That's the best I've seen so far, but I keep checking. I still hold out hope that rates will drop as we get closer.

Wow that's a great deal, our dates are almost the same 11/23-11/30. I'll keep checking :)

I called Hertz again this morning. For two weeks, with AAA discount and $30 coupon was $610 for a full size car. I think I'll call Dollar for the heck of it.

mrebuck said:

Me too. Dollar. With a city special, no code. I booked it for the last week of November, compact car. Around $153.00. I got it because people on this board were talking about the great deals that day. Keep checking!

Just called Dollar - the closest location doesn't have the city special and they do not have AAA discounts. It came to about $616 for two weeks.

mrsap said:
Just called Dollar - the closest location doesn't have he city special and they do not have AAA discounts. It came to about $616 for two weeks.

Ugh! That is a lot of $$. I guess I would keep checking dollar website daily to see what you can get? I did check avis today, just for the heck of it, and it came to around $270 for 8 days, compact car from Orlando airport if you choose "pay now" option. Don't know if this info will help. Just letting u know. Good luck.

Dan Murphy said:
The city special comes and goes. Check daily.

They said it wasn't available for my specific pick up location, the next closest Location is too far out of our way to be worth it.

Just checked - Advantage & Thrifty lowered their prices from when I checked yesterday - in case this info helps anyone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter