• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

November 2012 Car Rental Deals

City Special at Dollar changes so frequently! Be sure to keep checking. After a couple weeks of of steadily going up, it has dropped a bit today. I hope it will continue to drop...mostly for those who didn't get it on it the first time around. :thumbsup2 I'm just hoping to book a bigger size car.

Dollar currently have a premium car for $233 total for my dates 11/23-11/30 (8 days due to extra hours). It's their city special.

Ugh! I tried to check the prices for Alamo using the Costco /AA discount codes for Nov 15th-Nov 22. It said there was a blackout date. Now I already have a flight using this code booked for that week, but I am hoping to reduce the high cost. So bummed. Last year for the same week I had a full size car for $95 tax included...now it is $365.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Just checked dollar- I'm going nov. 25-dec.5 and got a minivan just now for $191.94 a week, $402 and change for the 11 days! That's the best I've found since August! Use promo 4PMVM

We had a minivan booked nov9-18 through Alamo @ $456.14 by checking daily & using entertainment book code we are now down to $398.95. I am planning on continuing to check on the alamo site daily. I also ck priceline which has had the list price to match Alamo's website price daily. I have used priceline in the past, have always gotten a good deal with name your price and have always been assigned a National car. However, due to circumstances I want to ensure I get either National or Alamo so I am booking directly thru them this time.
Good luck to everyone!

Ugh! I tried to check the prices for Alamo using the Costco /AA discount codes for Nov 15th-Nov 22. It said there was a blackout date. Now I already have a flight using this code booked for that week, but I am hoping to reduce the high cost. So bummed. Last year for the same week I had a full size car for $95 tax included...now it is $365.

Apparently Alamo made alot of dates black out dates for the AA code, within just the last few days. I know when I was checking a few days ago, our Oct 27th-Nov 4th dates were covered, but now when I enter those dates on the Alamo site they are suddenly blacked out. I made the mistake of waiting and now can't use it. I also just saw a post where someone said they had made a reservation for Dec using the AA code, but now when they are go on to check for a cheaper price it's saying that their dates now fall within a blackout period too.

I have an SUV reserved through carrentalsavers.com from budget from 10/26/12 till 11/04/2012. What is silly is budget is 600+ for any suv and carrentalsavers has it for 275.11 from budget also. Does that make any sense.

I have an SUV reserved through carrentalsavers.com from budget from 10/26/12 till 11/04/2012. What is silly is budget is 600+ for any suv and carrentalsavers has it for 275.11 from budget also. Does that make any sense.

Carrentalsavers uses different codes and you can see which ones when you click on more options and do search. It's using the Wendie code D454300. If you go to the Budget website and use this code you will get the same rate.

We had a minivan booked nov9-18 through Alamo @ $456.14 by checking daily & using entertainment book code we are now down to $398.95. I am planning on continuing to check on the alamo site daily. I also ck priceline which has had the list price to match Alamo's website price daily. I have used priceline in the past, have always gotten a good deal with name your price and have always been assigned a National car. However, due to circumstances I want to ensure I get either National or Alamo so I am booking directly thru them this time.
Good luck to everyone!

Using Costco ID 7014627 and E-Coupon AD63637RM for $25 off total is $337. Dollar (click on city specials) is $339 (does not include free additional driver).

Try Budget using Wendie Code D454300 and E-Coupon MUGZ029 for $30 off. Total inc taxes $183 after e-coupon is applied when return fullsize car.

Apparently Alamo made alot of dates black out dates for the AA code, within just the last few days. I know when I was checking a few days ago, our Oct 27th-Nov 4th dates were covered, but now when I enter those dates on the Alamo site they are suddenly blacked out. I made the mistake of waiting and now can't use it. I also just saw a post where someone said they had made a reservation for Dec using the AA code, but now when they are go on to check for a cheaper price it's saying that their dates now fall within a blackout period too.

I noticed this as well. I called Alamo and they said as long as it appears on our reservation it's fine. I guess they have really limited it for new reservations.

Now that I have my September big family trip behind me, I can focus on November, and the rates I am seeing are outrageous. :eek:

I checked the Dollar City rate that everyone has mentioned, and even that is $233 for a compact for my dates Nov 2- Nov 10, 8 days. Considering I had a minivan for 9 days in September for $289, this compact rate seems crazy.

I am actually considering Magical Express, which I really didn't like the one time I used it, but I dislike even more shelling out $233 for a compact car.

Not sure what I will do at this point.

Now that I have my September big family trip behind me, I can focus on November, and the rates I am seeing are outrageous. :eek:

I checked the Dollar City rate that everyone has mentioned, and even that is $233 for a compact for my dates Nov 2- Nov 10, 8 days. Considering I had a minivan for 9 days in September for $289, this compact rate seems crazy.

I am actually considering Magical Express, which I really didn't like the one time I used it, but I dislike even more shelling out $233 for a compact car.

Not sure what I will do at this point.

Budget - Wendie Code D454300 and E-Coupon MUGZ029 for $30 off. Total after e-coupon is applied when return vehicle is $180

For anyone that has a AAA membership, I just booked a Dollar premium for $213 for 11/23-11/30 on the AAA website.

emma9630, how did you get the AAA site to switch you to Dollar? I always get Hertz & they are way too high, even thru AAA.

Using Costco ID 7014627 and E-Coupon AD63637RM for $25 off total is $337. Dollar (click on city specials) is $339 (does not include free additional driver).

For Alamo? Really? thank you! I'm going to give it a try. We only have 1 driver. Thanks again!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter