November 2012 Car Rental Deals

We really like to use Alamo, but have noticed our discounts with BJ's and Costco are not applying for rentals in mid November. Mid size cars are well over 400.00/week. Luckily, Dollar rates have come down. I'll check back occasionally, but for now we have Dollar!

I have booked a full size SUV for $272.00. That's the lowest I have got it. Booking on a Saturday - Thursday. Must book a Saturday & use a Visa Card.

Booking from MCO has been in the $475.00 + range so this is what i'm going to do if the prices don't come down.

We are going to take DME to our resort and then pick up our car at the Dolphin. Rates were much better at the Dolphin Alamo.

You will not need any coupons. check in online or at the kiosk.

Your Alamo Number-xxxxxxxxx (save 10%)
ID 7014162
RATE - AW7 (US AIR - don't need to fly them to use)
CODE - AD2359FDF (VISA save $30.00 - $35.00)

Try this and report back to what you got. :thumbsup2 :banana:

I put our dates in 11/1 - 11/12

standard car with rate aw7..........$734.00 :sad:

standard car without rate aw7.........$332.00 :confused3

YIKES! National is currently showing me $655! :eek: 10/31-11/10 at MCO for a mid-size.

digitaldevice - With Alamo - aw7 took my $350 and made it $714!!

Just got a good rate from Dollar using promo code - 76892 (Mousesavers). Midsize 11/2-11/7 (weekly rental because we are picking up early on 2nd and returning late on 7th). Price was $157, with taxes. Better than what I had with National $200!
By the way - there were a few promo codes on Mousavers and I tried everyone for Dollar and they were all the same! Just wanted to you all to know so that you don't do what I just did...
Debbie

Has anyone used Economy Car Rentals? We've got a fantastic rate of under $1,000 for over 3 weeks (with all insurances included). The company was recommended to me but I can't find much info online. They do seem to be offsite but for a savings of around $1000 I can handle that.

Hey,

Cancelled our May trip for which we had a minivan for $317 using the KLM code + $35 off weekly rental.

Now booked same vehicle without the $35 coupon (none available for that time yet) used KLM code and got $402. Not bad for this far out from our trip. Hopefully the price will improve a bit closer to the trip or a coupon code will become active.

A note. Tried the same vehicle and time period with just the Emerald Club contract ID and got a rate of $800 :confused3

-ceburto2

We had originally booked a mini Van for first week in Dec with Enterprise paying around 500.00. Then as I began my search for a second small car (mini Van was most important) I read where people were saving 300.00 on their mini Vans with Budget and a code. So I checked and yes my husband and I got 2 mini Vans for 604.00 total. Sort of 2 for the price of One. We had budgeted 1000.00 for both cars. So happy check the budget site and code on that site.
Here was the post that I got my information from Good Luck! My hubby called and talked to 2 different people at 2 different times and the coupon was good. Below is the post!

YES I USED THIS CODE AND IT WAS FINE! I used this code Feb. 5 - 12. I called Budget ahead of time and they told me it was okay but I was still worried. When I got to MCO there was no problem whatsoever. I was not asked for anything, not even any documentation for the coupon I had. When I asked about the coupon I was told that as long as my coupon was accepted when entered online, I didn't need anything else. Please note that when you get your print-out at check-in any coupon will not be reflected in your price but it WILL show up when you get your receipt upon returning the car.
I have already booked two more rentals for minivans with Budget using the X474200 code because it gives such a good rate. (I have another rental for an Alamo mid-size for a different trip because the code doesn't seem to give as large a discount on small cars.)

Good Luck Grandmalovesyou!

I booked through Budget for Nov. 1-15 with a minivan for $590. Assume this is a pretty good price (compared to what we usually have had in the past it is great).

Any other ideas on what we could check for better deals? Maybe Alamo by taking ME to POR and then having DH go to the Dolphin and just getting us a car instead of a minivan?

Looking for SUV or Mini Van, 11/22-11/27 from FLL airport. So far Mini Van using Budget Travelocity code X474200 is best, $301 minus a coupon. Looking if anyone can best that?

Well that weird. I keep getting different prices on Alamos website it's like a crap shoot.

If you really wanna have fun - make a reservation and then just keep modifying it with different codes - aw6, aw7, aw8, etc. LOL! I did this one a couple nights ago just to see... :confused3 It makes my rate change by hundreds. Interesting to see, for sure, considering its not a coupon or id, but a rate code. Not something they can really verify or check out on their end to see how you got it.

YIKES! National is currently showing me $655! :eek: 10/31-11/10 at MCO for a mid-size.

digitaldevice - With Alamo - aw7 took my $350 and made it $714!!

If the free additional driver is not important to you there is Dollar with a rate of $273 inc taxes under the city special rate for those dates.

I noticed that Alamo rates started to drop today. Rate for Nov 21 to Dec 1 dropped about $150 for a midsize today. So start watching Alamo, hopefully they will continue to drop.

TTFN!

I noticed that Alamo rates started to drop today. Rate for Nov 21 to Dec 1 dropped about $150 for a midsize today. So start watching Alamo, hopefully they will continue to drop.

TTFN!

Not yet, for me. But thanks for the update. Hope they continue to drop!

10/31-11/10 - Holding strong at $324 for a midsize! Dollar midsize at $273. Auto slash SUV for $343.

If you really wanna have fun - make a reservation and then just keep modifying it with different codes - aw6, aw7, aw8, etc. LOL! I did this one a couple nights ago just to see... :confused3 It makes my rate change by hundreds. Interesting to see, for sure, considering its not a coupon or id, but a rate code. Not something they can really verify or check out on their end to see how you got it.

Love it. I have done this too. I have more rate codes to try. :thumbsup2

Just got an email from Southwest Rapid Rewards....save 25% and earn triple bonus dollars (up to 1800) when you rent from National using Contract ID #5030346

Good on rentals now through November 15th.

I haven't had time to plug it in yet and see how the numbers fall but if someone is looking for some points and can find a good rate, might be worth it to use.

If you book and then modify does it stack the codes or something? I tried some different codes for Alamo but they were all more than the deal I had a budget. Not sure if there is some trick for how to get this to work...but would love to know if it can save me more money :)

Love it. I have done this too. I have more rate codes to try. :thumbsup2

I'm on the AAA website and have $129.45 total for a smallish/standard car through Advantage for Nov 8-13th. Is this a good rate? I would really love to get it under $100 though, if possible.

I'm on the AAA website and have $129.45 total for a smallish/standard car through Advantage for Nov 8-13th. Is this a good rate? I would really love to get it under $100 though, if possible.

Compared to the rates that most are seeing right now, $129 this early doesn't seem that bad. Keep checking back though. Most rental car rates drop within the 3-4 week period before your trip. That's when this thread will becomes very :thumbsup2 and :cool1: instead of :headache:

Budget has the "Wendie" promotion again. We've been hoping for Alamo but they are out of sight for November 8th. But, we did get a compact at Budget for $179.00 total using their promotion. I'll also have to check out Advantage.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter