November 2012 Car Rental Deals

Finally have a rate under $200, $180 total for an intermediate with Dollar 11/23-11/30.

Has anyone used Dollar at MCO, are they ok?

Dollar is fine, the only downside is they are small, not a lot of selection.

So, one more question, at Dollar, they take the coupon code amount off when you return the car?

Do I need to print off the E-coupon?

I believe Dollar takes the coupon off at the time of rental. No, you don't need to print an e coupon.

This morning the Standard was now cheaper than the Premium through Alamo. So I rebooked for $233.78 all inclusive. Used my Insider's ID only as the AD2359FDF code is now blacked out for my dates.
Decided to try the VISA $30 off code and that brought it down to $198.63!

Just booked at Dollar - Mco to Mco - 6 days, Nov 13 - 18 - Standard car for 137, taxes and fees included. Code KISS2
Great price IMO. :cool1:

I am living dollar this week! Their prices on a minivan with the 4PMVM code just keep dropping! I've got 11 days for $372, which is still a lot of money, but considering I started around $900 when I first started looking, it feels pretty good!

My rates just keep going up. I've been checking every day with different codes and suggestions. I haven't seen a rate drop for Alamo, National, Dollar, Advantage, AAA, carrentalsavers, etc. for almost 4 weeks now. Also the Alamo coupon is now blocked out and I no longer have a city special available for Dollar. I do have 2 reservations with auto slash, but neither have budged in almost 4 weeks too. :confused3 Never seen rates so high for so long. 10/31-11/10

My rates just keep going up. I've been checking every day with different codes and suggestions. I haven't seen a rate drop for Alamo, National, Dollar, Advantage, AAA, carrentalsavers, etc. for almost 4 weeks now. Also the Alamo coupon is now blocked out and I no longer have a city special available for Dollar. I do have 2 reservations with auto slash, but neither have budged in almost 4 weeks too. :confused3 Never seen rates so high for so long. 10/31-11/10

Could you need to clear your cookies? I put in your dates for MCO and the city special came up, $300 for a economy before taxes.

My car rental with Alamo went down another $15 this morning! Standard is now $183.01 for Nov 14-23. National has never budged since I made the reservation months ago. It's still at $305 for EA.

Could you need to clear your cookies? I put in your dates for MCO and the city special came up, $300 for a economy before taxes.

Well that is strange. I've checked Dollar on four different computers using 3 different IP address and different browsers and cannot get that city special to show up for the past week or so. That said, I gotta be picky and need at least a mid-size for us to drive. ;) I appreciate the help though!

hurleysweety said:
Well that is strange. I've checked Dollar on four different computers using 3 different IP address and different browsers and cannot get that city special to show up for the past week or so. That said, I gotta be picky and need at least a mid-size for us to drive. ;) I appreciate the help though!

I've never seen it either!

I just tried Dollar for two different weeks in November and City Specials popped up. $83.10 for Lock Low & Go. For us, Alamo is still almost $400 per week with taxes. I have tried Alamo daily and it has never dropped lower than $350 - $400 for a compact.

Just got brave enough to try name your own price at priceline...got a midsize SUV:drive: Nov30-Dec4 for 27.00 per day...came to 108.00 with all taxes $157.00 I think i got a pretty good deal . Had a ressie for a midsize executive aisle with national for 176.00...i'm not gonna look anymore cause if it drops lower i will kick myself!!!

Lori

I am living dollar this week! Their prices on a minivan with the 4PMVM code just keep dropping! I've got 11 days for $372, which is still a lot of money, but considering I started around $900 when I first started looking, it feels pretty good!
Try it with corporate code oi1054.

Just got brave enough to try name your own price at priceline...got a midsize SUV:drive: Nov30-Dec4 for 27.00 per day...came to 108.00 with all taxes $157.00 I think i got a pretty good deal . Had a ressie for a midsize executive aisle with national for 176.00...i'm not gonna look anymore cause if it drops lower i will kick myself!!!

Lori

May I ask where you pick up the car and what company you got after bidding? I've been considering doing the "name your own price" but I'm not sure if they offer airport pickups or if we'd have to take a shuttle somewhere.

Thank you!

Check your dollar rates ! For the first time in over a month the rate is decent ! :cool1:

Oh my goodness! Thank you so much! SO MUCH! :worship: :worship:

I was looking at around $300 for our car (11/11 to 11/17) if I rented from National, Alamo, or Hertz. All of those were NON-airport rentals.

Thanks to you, I just booked a car through Dollar for $105 before tax. And we can pick it up at the airport!!!

I've not rented through Dollar before; so I'm hoping it's ok!

Again, thanks for posting about the deal!

Oh my goodness! Thank you so much! SO MUCH! :worship: :worship:

I was looking at around $300 for our car (11/11 to 11/17) if I rented from National, Alamo, or Hertz. All of those were NON-airport rentals.

Thanks to you, I just booked a car through Dollar for $105 before tax. And we can pick it up at the airport!!!

I've not rented through Dollar before; so I'm hoping it's ok!

Again, thanks for posting about the deal!

I'm so glad it helped you ! :)

I just put in your dates on Dollar and came up with a mid-size for $331 total or a standard for $320 total using the city special. Full size is $360

When you go on Dollar, don't put in any coupons or discount codes - just your dates and search. In the middle of the menu of prices, is a button to the right that says City Special. Click on that and the discounts come up

Hope that helps!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter