Nov. 4th, 2012 Dream cruise meet thread!

New to these forums. Finding it fun to read and it's renewing the excitement for the upcoming cruise. This will be our fourth DC, 2nd time on the Dream. Disappointed that Remy's brunch is booked up. We named our 4-year old son after Remy from Ratatouille... so at some point we are going to HAVE to eat there.

We are also DVC and looking forward to staying at Saratoga after the cruise. I only wish Fantasyland was opened!!

Our DD works at WDW and was in a preview group for CM's a couple of weeks ago. She got us some fish extender gifts from one of the new gift shops. While not everything is open I know that the new restaurant is now taking ressies. Our DD booked dinner for DW and me for a birthday present (10/30) don't know what day as it is a surprise, but DW told me about the ressie but not the date. We will be staying there both prior to and after our 10/20 and 11/4 cruises.

If any of you made last minute reservations for this cruise and would like to be part of a small FE group, I would like to put together one for those that missed the cut off for the first group.

On the cruise I have Myself, DH, DS (13), DD (11) and DS (8). We were in a FE group our last Dream cruise and our kids would be extremely disappointed if we were not part of one this cruise, it was one of their highlights coming back to the room and finding new treasures in the bag.

If anyone is interested, please PM me or post here. I know the cruise is quickly approaching!!:cool1: I'm thinking we keep it simple but fun for all!

OR, if you are part of the original FE group and have some extra goodies for the FE, I will gladly reciprocate with just your family. I just want to work a little magic for my kids.

Thanks!
Karen

Let me know room number. We have extra FE's. Also does your DD have a favorite Disney Princess? Phil

Like cinnamon_girl, we were late to the game on this one and didn't make the cut for the original FE group. This is our second DCL cruise and we were not familiar with what a FE is until we found this discussion. It sounds right up our alley and like it would make the trip that much more special for our kids.

We REALLY want to participate but are worried that we're too late to the game. Any experienced cruisers who have participated in FE's before that could alleviate our concerns here? At this point (41 days out) do many late comers jump in to participate? There are only three families participating in our FE thus far....

We've already got a bunch of cool ideas for FE gifts that we're itching to get started on but don't want to make too many if it's unlikely that many more people will join our group.

We're really hoping it's not too late to get in on the fun.

Please add us to the second FE group!

Adults with name and ages: Connie(53M), Gisela (48F)
Children with name, age and gender: Giselita (13F)
Stateroom(s): 5540
Celebration(s): 5th Wedding Anniversary
Allergies: None
First Cruise?: N
Participate in FE: Y
WDW Radio Podcast Cruise: N

Welcome! I will put you down on the 2nd FE group.

Thanks!
Karen

Please add us to the second FE group!

Adults with name and ages: Connie(53M), Gisela (48F)
Children with name, age and gender: Giselita (13F)
Stateroom(s): 5540
Celebration(s): 5th Wedding Anniversary
Allergies: None
First Cruise?: N
Participate in FE: Y
WDW Radio Podcast Cruise: N

Cut out the fabric for my FE tonight after making the pattern yesterday. For being my first sewing project ever, I'm pretty excited and just had to tell someone who would understand! :goodvibes

We did it! Finally booked our cruise celebrating our 1 year anniversary. Last year we went on the Dream on 11/13 for our honeymoon and it was amazing! This year we are hoping to experience more of the ship and have even more fun, as we didn't make it to any shows or many activities last year, it was all so overwhelming! What are some suggestions on things we shouldn't miss out on?

We did it! Finally booked our cruise celebrating our 1 year anniversary. Last year we went on the Dream on 11/13 for our honeymoon and it was amazing! This year we are hoping to experience more of the ship and have even more fun, as we didn't make it to any shows or many activities last year, it was all so overwhelming! What are some suggestions on things we shouldn't miss out on?

Definitely don't miss the shows. They are amazing! Especially Villians.

Welcome! I think that is so awesome that you spent your honeymoon on the Dream almost one year ago. What a fun way to celebrate an anniversary! :goodvibes

So we are at 39 days now!! When will we starting getting paperwork? I don't want to give my cabin # for the FE until I have paperwork in hand since they have already changed my cabin # on me. ;) Can't believe we leave for WDW in 34 days!

And Better Yet, Monday we found out that our oldest DD will be participating in the DCP Spring 2013 program!!!! :cool1: So now I have to plan to return to Disney in late Jan/early Feb to help her settle in for the program. She is take her vehicle down so we don't want her driving that far alone... Wow and then I'm definitely going to have to go back to visit her!!! She is doing the extended program so she will be there for 7 months. I can hardly believe that I'm going to be the mom of a Disney Cast Member!! :faint: I am so excited for her! :thumbsup2

ALMOST THERE! I can smell the ocean. The gentle rocking of the ship coaxing me to sleep after a full day of fun!

ATTENTION FE GROUP 2!!!
I have you alls on the spreadsheet. PLEASE NOTE: there is a new column for the first group for people that want to participate in BOTH groups. (Yeah, that means you have to make gifts for them too). So far it's just Pam and me, but if there are any other group 1 folks that would like to participate with group 2 also, just post or PM me and I'll sign you up. (it just happens that our gifts are stateroom gifts and we always make a few more).

So we are at 39 days now!! When will we starting getting paperwork? I don't want to give my cabin # for the FE until I have paperwork in hand since they have already changed my cabin # on me. ;) Can't believe we leave for WDW in 34 days!

And Better Yet, Monday we found out that our oldest DD will be participating in the DCP Spring 2013 program!!!! :cool1: So now I have to plan to return to Disney in late Jan/early Feb to help her settle in for the program. She is take her vehicle down so we don't want her driving that far alone... Wow and then I'm definitely going to have to go back to visit her!!! She is doing the extended program so she will be there for 7 months. I can hardly believe that I'm going to be the mom of a Disney Cast Member!! :faint: I am so excited for her! :thumbsup2

My agent said we should expect paperwork to arrive in about 3-4 weeks as their office is in Florida and apparently Florida offices get their stuff from Disney last. :confused3 Once they get the paperwork they'll send it out to clients. My DH says I still can't start packing yet, I think I might start working on a packing list though :scratchin

ALMOST THERE! I can smell the ocean. The gentle rocking of the ship coaxing me to sleep after a full day of fun!

My countdown calendar has come out of storage! (Disney nerd here, ::yes::)

My agent said we should expect paperwork to arrive in about 3-4 weeks as their office is in Florida and apparently Florida offices get their stuff from Disney last. :confused3 Once they get the paperwork they'll send it out to clients. My DH says I still can't start packing yet, I think I might start working on a packing list though :scratchin

I know that the minute I stop thinking about the paperwork coming and getting so anxious to get the mail each day, that will be the day it comes! Weird that Florida gets it last though??

And LOL to your DH saying you can't start packing yet. In our guest bedroom, I have a drawer full of "things" that I don't want to forget. I can pretend it's not really packing...but it totally is! My in-laws come stay here in a few weeks so I might have to clean up my mess in there...:rotfl2:

Our DD went on the DCP after her Junior and Senior year. One we got a call from her that WDW offered her a full time position and she was staying there. That was almost 11 years ago and she is still there. She says she is having the time of her life and gets paid for it.. Met a young man selling Turkey legs (they got married 4/12/12). She is going on this cruise with us.

We use her as our excuse to make several trips a year to WDW. Your DD will love it. Phil

If any of you made last minute reservations for this cruise and would like to be part of a small FE group, I would like to put together one for those that missed the cut off for the first group.

On the cruise I have Myself, DH, DS (13), DD (11) and DS (8). We were in a FE group our last Dream cruise and our kids would be extremely disappointed if we were not part of one this cruise, it was one of their highlights coming back to the room and finding new treasures in the bag.

If anyone is interested, please PM me or post here. I know the cruise is quickly approaching!!:cool1: I'm thinking we keep it simple but fun for all!

OR, if you are part of the original FE group and have some extra goodies for the FE, I will gladly reciprocate with just your family. I just want to work a little magic for my kids.

Thanks!
Karen

Hello! Last minute change of plans for us! We were originally booked for Jan 2013 but the prices were too good to pass up so now our Disney cruise is moved up to 4 Nov. This will be our first time on a Disney cruise and during my earlier "trolls" I keep reading about FEs. I think my kids would love it and I'd like to sign up of for FE 2 group if still possible. I know I don't have much time but I suppose the group is not so large yet that it is still doable.
BTW - cruisers will be me (mom), DD11, DS6 and DD13 - yup! solo parent for this cruise. I'm still waiting for teacher concurrence to take my DD13 out of school for 3 days since they don't have school Mon-Tue anyway. I know the kids have heard me talk about the cruise but I don't think they know it's coming up - and quick! I may just keep it a surprise. It's also a gift for my DS6 who will be turning 7 right before Thanksgiving - and it will be his first cruise. I hope he loves it. We have a GTY cabin so no assignment yet. I'm really looking forward to this cruise and I think it still has not hit me that it is coming up --- FAST! :woohoo:

Hooray! Welcome aboard and glad to have you in FE! That makes five (including John)...anyone else wanna join?!

That's awesome she is doing the DCP. I did the DCP in Fall 2007 and it was awesome! I wanted to bring my car, and my dad didn't want me to make the drive alone so we had a really fun road trip:) My parents visited quite a few times and ended up becoming DVC members, I went home when it was over, couldn't stay away (plus I had met my eventual husband and couldn't be away from him) I came back was offered full time and have been here ever since! Now, my little sister has followed and completed her DCP and decided to stay as well:) Disney sure knows how to pull you in!

Hello! Last minute change of plans for us! We were originally booked for Jan 2013 but the prices were too good to pass up so now our Disney cruise is moved up to 4 Nov. This will be our first time on a Disney cruise and during my earlier "trolls" I keep reading about FEs. I think my kids would love it and I'd like to sign up of for FE 2 group if still possible. I know I don't have much time but I suppose the group is not so large yet that it is still doable.
BTW - cruisers will be me (mom), DD11, DS6 and DD13 - yup! solo parent for this cruise. I'm still waiting for teacher concurrence to take my DD13 out of school for 3 days since they don't have school Mon-Tue anyway. I know the kids have heard me talk about the cruise but I don't think they know it's coming up - and quick! I may just keep it a surprise. It's also a gift for my DS6 who will be turning 7 right before Thanksgiving - and it will be his first cruise. I hope he loves it. We have a GTY cabin so no assignment yet. I'm really looking forward to this cruise and I think it still has not hit me that it is coming up --- FAST! :woohoo:

Putting you on the spreadsheet for group 2. Can I have some names in case people want to personalize the gifts? Also need your stateroom number so we know where to drop off the goodies.

Putting you on the spreadsheet for group 2. Can I have some names in case people want to personalize the gifts? Also need your stateroom number so we know where to drop off the goodies.

Sure thing! we don't have our stateroom assigned yet. we have GTY - i'm hoping we get an assignment sooner than boarding day.

Our party includes me, Cecilia, Taylor (13F), Rebecca (11F), and Donovan (6M).

I'm getting more and more excited as I think about this upcoming cruise!:hyper:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter