• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Nov 29, 2012 Dream to the Bahamas

I can't believe how fast this is coming up!!!
TangiersAhoy, I think I addressed your question on the FB site, if not, lemme know.
I want to start packing, like, NOW!!!

Hi Everyone,

DH and I are excited about this cruise! We went on the same sailing, 3 night Thursday after T-giving, last year. (It fits in nicely with an annual family vaca at WDW :thumbsup2)
Last year we celebrated his 40th b-day on the ship at Remy, of course it was incredibly fantastic! This year we debark on his b-day, oh well...
We enjoyed the beautiful decorations on the ship, and the fun decorations at Castaway Cay! We hope to get to see the tree lighting again, and to decorate our own gingerbread house again.
45 days until our cruise! Can't wait! :cheer2:

Hi everyone,
I just booked this cruise today! I couldn't resist the FL resident rate on my birthday weekend so it will be me and my two girls. I hate that we missed the FE deadline. Can someone give me a link or add me to the FB page? (Shamiki Clark)

ETA: Found the link

Hi everyone! I just found some FL resident rates for this cruise. We have a trip to Disney booked for the same weekend in November, but the costs are adding up quickly, so I figured why not grab the great cruise rate and have everything included!?

Just a couple of questions...

-What will the weather be like at the end of Nov/early Dec? Warm enough to swim?

-Does $1400 for 4 (2 adults, 2 kids) for a category 4D sound like a pretty good rate?

- For the kids clubs, do all the ages hang out together? I have a 4 year old and an 8 year old and they are connected at the hip. Would they be able to be together?

Thanks!

Hi HLAuburn and Welcome! You got a pretty darn good rate. I've paid more than that in the past for 1 adult and 2 children in an inside room. That's why i couldnt resist this cruise. The rates are awesome! I think the weather will be fine for swimming. We cruised in Feb and were able to swim so I'm sure this time of year will be fine. As for the kids clubs, I know the lab and club are connected but I'm not sure how much interaction they allow between the two groups and when. Since your 8yo is right at the cut-off age, they may let them stay together.

Hi all! We just joined you as of yesterday. We were trying to go in January, but couldn't work out the schedule, so here we are on this cruise! This will be my 10th Disney cruise (Platinum finally after this!), and 3rd time on the Dream (5-night in May 2011 and 3-night in December 2011). Can't wait to meet some new folks! It will be me, my dh, dd (18) and ds (14). I will look up the Facebook group.

Have any of you veteran DCL ppl done any of the packages in the Spa before? I'm tossed up if we should do it or not. If you have, what did you have done? Was it worth it? Did you like it? What about your hubby/wife? Did you do it with them? The more info the better!! Help me decide!! What about the Ultimate package? That is the 1 that you cannot book until you are on the ship...have you done it?? Help!!! :confused:

The spa is very nice. Overall, the prices are on the expensive side, but if it is a one-time splurge, certainly do it! I haven't had a bad experience. One time I earned some spa $$ from my company and used it for the private villa. It was most definitely the best experience ever! If you have a smaller budget, the Rainforest room is fabulous! If you do get a spa service or package, you may want to note on your form "No Sales Pitch". The last few minutes of your treatment will be taken up with the pitch and you may be convinced to spend more money than you anticipated. Enjoy!

Hi everyone! I just found some FL resident rates for this cruise. We have a trip to Disney booked for the same weekend in November, but the costs are adding up quickly, so I figured why not grab the great cruise rate and have everything included!?

Just a couple of questions...

-What will the weather be like at the end of Nov/early Dec? Warm enough to swim?

It is hit or miss at this time of the year. Kids seem to always swim no matter the temps. Last year we went around December 8 and it was warm enough to get in the water on the ship and at the ports.

-Does $1400 for 4 (2 adults, 2 kids) for a category 4D sound like a pretty good rate?

That is a great deal! Anytime you can get below $120 per night/per person on Disney is worth celebrating!

- For the kids clubs, do all the ages hang out together? I have a 4 year old and an 8 year old and they are connected at the hip. Would they be able to be together?

On the Fantasy and the Dream those ages are mixed (together). They will have separate activities scheduled, but they can move into the other areas to participate with the older/younger kids if they wish.

Thanks!

Thanks for the replies! This is pretty strange for me since I'm a HUGE planner, and now I have about 3 weeks to figure everything out. I am still trying to convince DH that this is the way to go, but after he checked out the Dream online, he is pretty impressed! And of course the kids are saying "Forget DisneyWorld...let's do the Disney Cruise!" :)

One thing I would miss about the parks is the Christmas decorations...do they decorate the ships for the hoidays? If so, will they be up by the time we cruise??

Also, it looks like late seating dining is all that's available right now. What time is that? And what time is early seating? Can you get on a waitlist for the early seating if it's currently full and/or can you try to switch once you get onboard?

Oh, and what time can you board or what time should we plan on getting to the port? (We live about 2 hours from there, so we would drive in that morning).

Thanks!

One thing I would miss about the parks is the Christmas decorations...do they decorate the ships for the hoidays? If so, will they be up by the time we cruise??

Also, it looks like late seating dining is all that's available right now. What time is that? And what time is early seating? Can you get on a waitlist for the early seating if it's currently full and/or can you try to switch once you get onboard?

Oh, and what time can you board or what time should we plan on getting to the port? (We live about 2 hours from there, so we would drive in that morning).

Thanks!

Yes the ship is decorated already for Christmas! Yay!

Early seating is 5:45 PM and late begins at 8:30 PM. If the time doesn't suit you, put in a request, once you board, to have it changed. I've forgotten as to where, but the Navigator (sheet of what's going on) will tell you. They give you that prior to boarding.

To book a time to board, do your online check-in and choose a time slot. If you are concierge you board first. I'd say this ship is not that full, so you may have early time slots available.

Did you come over and join our FB cruise meet? There's not too much more going on there than here, but it's where most of us are heading first to write to one another. https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/177915855647451/?notif_t=group_r2j

Yes the ship is decorated already for Christmas! Yay!

Early seating is 5:45 PM and late begins at 8:30 PM. If the time doesn't suit you, put in a request, once you board, to have it changed. I've forgotten as to where, but the Navigator (sheet of what's going on) will tell you. They give you that prior to boarding.

To book a time to board, do your online check-in and choose a time slot. If you are concierge you board first. I'd say this ship is not that full, so you may have early time slots available.

Did you come over and join our FB cruise meet? There's not too much more going on there than here, but it's where most of us are heading first to write to one another. https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/177915855647451/?notif_t=group_r2j

Awesome...thanks! How early out can you do online check in? I feel so behind! :rotfl:

I think 10 days out, but when you log into the DCL site, using your email and password, go to planning, and it will tell you exactly when. Sorry for the delayed response.... been packing!:cool1:

Anyone else joining late want to do a last-minute FE?

We are hoping to upgrade (at least one room) at the port. I booked one 11C GTY and a VGT. The 11C has been assigned on Deck 2, where there are obviously no verandah rooms. I noticed all inside rooms are now gone, but there still seems to be plenty of verandah and concierge rooms left. We have never stayed concierge, so maybe this will be the trip!

where are you guys parking?? i got an email about primere parking and to avoid it....now i dont want to pay 20 buucks a day a the port,..but i do want a safe spot to park.....ides from experienced people please!!

I had a blast on the cruise and the FE gifts were great. Thank you to everyone that participated and special thanks to :cool1: Breault :cool1: for running the FE.

this was a big learning experience ..our first cruise.....with kids....son got a double ear infection the night before.....wife got sick and fever the first night and we had to visit the cruise doctor....238 dollars later.....all were feeling better!! we took the kids to the oceaneer club so we could goto atlantis and after a half hour we were getting paged that our kids wanted out!!!! good lord help us!! my parents stepped in and took the kids so we could get away for a bit.....3rd day we got the kids to enjoy the club and wife and i got to enjoy things alot more......
we loved the cruise but learned alot for the next one.....

the FE list was a cool experience....thank you to Mike and Carrol for running it and doing a great job.....somehow the list i saved had there old rooms so i had to call to guest services to have me connect to them to get the new rooms..lol..oops....
i was able to talk my way into conciere twice to hand deliver the gifts.....

how did everyone like the pins? i thought it would be a neat idea for the cruise and future visits to the parks to encourage the pin trading.....and the wife designed the cards they were on....and the Miami Heat shot glasses were a little token from our home town.....my Canes and Dolphins havent been doing so well so i went with the hometown champs :)
then the girls got ariel necklaces and boys got a magnet with name on it.....

we loved all the different gifts we got...loved the ornaments to hang on the tree.....and custom bags! just so much neat stuff....the kids LOVED it...so did mom and dad for that matter...loved my reeces pieces!!! my FAV!
we even busted a deliverer by accident!!pirate:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter