Nov. 10, 2013 - Magic from Miami

I really want to know this too! And want to know the dining rotations and the show schedule because we have Palo booked for dinner one night but there are a few shows, MDR's and this holiday deck party that I don't want to miss.

3PiratesAndAPrincess said:
So I was reading that with this new "holidays on the high seas" there will be a holiday deck party. Does anyone know what night/day this will be on?

We can say not first night or cozumel night which is oirate night.

Saw someone ask about where in the Chicago area people are, we are in Wheaton.

We're flying in the night before to FLL so we'll stay there and do private transport in the morning. We've found some decent rates at Cambria Suites in Dania Beach right near the airport if you don't mind staying by the airport. Hampton Inn Brickell in Miami has a nice AAA rate if you are a member and want to be closer to the port for a short commute the next morning. I haven't stayed at either but read some decent reviews.

Count us in for a great cruise!

We're Andrea & Greg, empty nesters from Virginia, excited to be traveling with good friends. :grouphug: This will be our 9th DCL cruise (all four ships) but have taken many other cruises on different lines. We've been DVC members since 1995.

Looking forward to seeing the 'new' Magic all decorated for the holidays!

I got an email today about our cruise. I am bummed there will not be a formal night. Is that normal or maybe it is to make way for the holiday party????

Probably. I'm excited..less to pack now that dining rooms are jeans. Could also be that its a shorter trip.

I didn't get an e-mail. It said no formal night?

It was an email that said some helpful details before you sail. Online when you check in you can sign up for email updates. This is what it said under Formal attire....

Your voyage does not include any formal evenings. However, if you'll be dining in one of our adults-only restaurants, we recommend a dress or pantsuit for women and a jacket and tie for men. You may also want to consider a tux, which is available for rental during your cruise.

Also, I have been reading that you can now wear shorts to dinner that disney has changed the policy??

It was an email that said some helpful details before you sail. Online when you check in you can sign up for email updates. This is what it said under Formal attire....

Your voyage does not include any formal evenings. However, if you'll be dining in one of our adults-only restaurants, we recommend a dress or pantsuit for women and a jacket and tie for men. You may also want to consider a tux, which is available for rental during your cruise.

Also, I have been reading that you can now wear shorts to dinner that disney has changed the policy??

Thanks. Missed the e-mail. Guess I'll be saving some money. Now my wife can take back the gown she bought.

Also, are they going to have a gingerbread house making activity? I read somewhere they have had those on pass Christmas cruises? Plus, will they do a Tea with Alice on this cruise since it is only 5 days?

nicfrog said:

Dcl just changed policy. Shorts and jeans :) no swimsuits. There are a few boards talking about it.

There is no "formal" night on the cruises shorter than 7 days, but there is an optional dress up night on the cruise on the first sea day. There will be photography stations set up where you can take family portraits in your dressy attire.

It's getting closer! It's getting colder here in upstate NY, I am already getting psyched for that blue water and warmth. My boys started high school and are busy with soccer and football and homework! So, not much cruise talk going on here. We are staying in Vero Beach Fri and Sat and then driving to Miami Sunday morning. Will the FE list be posted again with final cabin #s, etc?

We are booked in at Vero Beach as well; coming in on Tuesday and checking out Saturday in the AM to stay in Miami the night before. We are DVC members but this will be our first time at VB and we are looking forward to it!

Hey everyone! We are on this sailing and are super excited! It will be our annual generations cruise consisting of myself, my mother, and my daughter who is 6. Im sad we have missed the cut off for the FE but maybe if more want to sign up (who have missed the cut off) we can make a smaller group? Let me know what you all think! Thanks and only 40 days left :cool1:

Our docs came on Monday! Wow, I was surprised did not expect them so soon! But we will take them!:cool1:

It's all real now! YIPPEEE!:thumbsup2

We are booked in at Vero Beach as well; coming in on Tuesday and checking out Saturday in the AM to stay in Miami the night before. We are DVC members but this will be our first time at VB and we are looking forward to it!

Lucky you! I hope you love it. We have been there many times for brunch,etc. Beautiful property! I should have clarified...we are staying in the city of Vero beach with my in-laws. Something tells me you will have more fun!

Leaving for Orlando four weeks from today! Three days at the Royal Pacific Resort at Universal (our favorite Orlando hotel), then one night at Disney Vero Beach before heading down to Miami for the NEW Magic. :yay:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter