NOT Very Fearless 2007 DDP Prediction

JimMIA

There's more to life than mice...
The other 2007 threads have wandered off, so I'm going to start a 2007 speculation thread.

I not very fearlessly predict:
  • ALL of the Epcot WS restaurants will be back in the 2007 lineup by 1/1/2007
  • and...CSR will also be back in.
Anybody got any other theories?

I called CRO yesterday to cancel some Poly reservations and I asked the CM about DDP.

She read from some release and at the end of the release it said to "stay tuned". I can't remember exactly how she worded it, but I got the distinct impression that they know they're coming back, but since the contracts haven't been finalized they can't say anything.

I'm not worried. I'm going to make my ADR's in December and whatever happens, happens.

Am_I_There_Yet said:
I'm not worried. I'm going to make my ADR's in December and whatever happens, happens.

::yes::

JimMIA said:
The other 2007 threads have wandered off, so I'm going to start a 2007 speculation thread.

I totally agree. It does make sense that they had to get the brochures out for people that are trying to book for 2007, but not all of the contracts are signed yet.

I guess I don't really get the big uproar. :confused3

I agree that the downtown restaurants will be back along with epcot's. Additionally, I think that we will see a seperation of adult and child credits.

I predict that the Epcot resteraunts will be back and the CSR places will be back. I predict that almost all of the DTD resteraunts will NOT be back.

I also predict that there will be a seperation of child and adult credits and that some of the returning resteraunts that are still pending will offer a limited menu for DDP or at least exclude certain entrees/deserts/appetizers from the offering for DDP members.

JimMIA said:

I agree with both of the above and would fearlessly add the following:

Sometime in 2007 if not before they will seperate child / adult credits.

Most of the DTD places will be back.

Some places may find creative ways to exclude dishes but there will not be a seperate menu for DDP guests.

Here's my thinking and it seems to fall in line with many others.

1. Epcot restuarants will be added but those that believe that they can fill up without it will try--possible dissenters could be France, China and Moracco.
2. Some more DTD will be added, WP and WPE will drop and maybe a few more will add on. Overall it isn't necessary to survive at DTD and have the DDP--not a ticketed area so there is a ton of foot traffic here and people need to eat.
3.CSR will sign back on--without it I think too many regular resort guests would be switching resorts and I'm not sure as a hotel if it could survive on convention only/AP discounted rooms, as I doubt most on a package would want to deal with the exclusions.
4. Adult and children's credits will be separated
5. The CM's will be better trained and more uniform in their interpretation of the plan---this is wishful thinking ;) !
6. Snacks at Epcot will easier to figure out since they will all signed with the DDP logo at participating venues.

JimMIA said:
ALL of the Epcot WS restaurants will be back in the 2007 lineup by 1/1/2007
OK, I'll take the other side (sorta):

I predict: at least one WS restaurant won't be back for 2007. But maybe BdF will be in as a 2TS choice.

ReneeA said:
I totally agree. It does make sense that they had to get the brochures out for people that are trying to book for 2007, but not all of the contracts are signed yet.

I guess I don't really get the big uproar. :confused3

Ok. How do you guys know that not all of the contracts are signed? Is this a rumor amongst DIS threads or there is an official site that mentions it? Just curious! :confused3 Disney has already published their 2007 list and I would imagine that they would have waited for these contracts to finalize before they would publish the final version!

disneypharm said:
Ok. How do you guys know that not all of the contracts are signed? Is this a rumor amongst DIS threads or there is an official site that mentions it? Just curious! :confused3 Disney has already published their 2007 list and I would imagine that they would have waited for these contracts to finalize before they would publish the final version!

I had a CM in CRO read a press release of sorts that said that contract negotiations were in progress and there have been several DISers who've said that the same thing took place this time last year.

That's all I have to go on.

I hope alot of the restaurants will be back on! May will be my first trip to WDW and probably the last one I take for a long time. (I will be starting graduate school and too poor to go to WDW. :rotfl: )
I would like to have more options open for me and anyone else going in 2007.

Am_I_There_Yet said:
I had a CM in CRO read a press release of sorts that said that contract negotiations were in progress and there have been several DISers who've said that the same thing took place this time last year.

That's all I have to go on.

I hope the CM is right. I would love to try more Epcot restaurants during our 2007 trip using DDP. Since we found out about these changes, we switched Cape May to Chef de France for our Sept 2006 trip.

I predict CSR & DTD will not come back. Epcot will come back but CR & Chefs will be (2) TS credits.

I'm still surprised LeCellier is still 1.

jjohnson said:
Epcot will come back but CR ...will be (2) TS credits.
Hee, hee...How much you wanna bet?

[ETA - I mean, how much you wanna bet on it being 2 TS?]

JimMIA said:

I'm guessing that a total of two or three restaurants from the 2006 list will be non-participating in 2007 (80%). CSR will be represented, somehow (99%).

Le Cellier will remain 1TS (90%). Chefs will be one of those that will be gone (60%), or will remain 1TS (30%).

Not really a theory but or prediction but based on very reliable info shared by Disney CMs the WS restuarants and CSR are not out, they in negotations.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter