Not ready yet???!!! A February trip report! Update 10/25 Day 9

Day 1, February 19

Are you sure you have a reservation? - Part 2

Time just flew by and we landed right on time in Frankfurt.

IMG_9464.jpg

We were picked up by a bus and brought to the main building, where we headed right to our next departure gate.
Frankfurt airport is huge and it took quite some time, we actually had to leave the airport and walk to the opposite side to go through security once again. This time there was a long line, especially because there is a special check for flights to the US. But after about 10 minutes we were done and on the way to our boarding gate we stopped and did a little duty free shopping.

Once we had reached our gate we got a bottle of Coke and finished off the ham sandwiches we had brought. There was just time to visit the restroom and then it was time to board again.

Tom and I had chosen seats to the very back of the plane, not because this is our favourite location, but because these were the only 3 rows that only had two seats instead of three at the windows. Unfortunately the flight was overbooked and they had to unload luggage of people who volunteered to take a flight on the next day, so we left Frankfurt with a little delay.

IMG_9473.jpg

After about 45 minutes the crew started their service and we were served drinks and snacks.

IMG_9468.jpg

Tom had a beer, while I had some water

IMG_9472.jpg

and we nibbled the pretzel sticks that had been served.

After about an hour and a half they started their “lunch” service.

IMG_9475.jpg

We were served a tray

IMG_9476.jpg

with a tiny but nice crisp Salad with Balsamic Dressing,

IMG_9481.jpg

followed by Beef Stroganoff, served with rice and peas and carrots. The other option was Mac and Cheese, but I don’t really like those.

IMG_9478.jpg

There was a piece of “young” Camembert, Butter

IMG_9482.jpg

and a freshly baked roll as well.

IMG_9477.jpg

For dessert we had some chocolate cake with chocolate icing and sprinkled with chopped pistachio nuts.
The food was really tasty and once we were filled up we took some sleeping aid, moved the backrest of our seats back and tried to sleep. We both fell asleep for short periods of time, watching the onboard movie as an extra sleeping aid.

IMG_9484.jpg

About 7 hours into the flight we were served a light “dinner”.

IMG_9485.jpg

There is no choice for your second meal

IMG_9489.jpg

and we all were served Ravioli filled with Ricotta Cheese and Spinach in a creamy spinach sauce.
I have to admit they were really tasty, even though a little overcooked. The roll was like the ones Disney uses, rather stale “brown” rolls, which disintegrated when broken up.

IMG_9487.jpg

IMG_9490.jpg

For dessert we got some really nice Vanilla Pudding (blancmange) which had little black specks of real vanilla in it.

IMG_9491.jpg

Even though we had left later than expected we arrived in Orlando ahead of time.

It took about 20 minutes to get off the plane and then we were walking towards immigration and we were wondering how long we would have to queue up.

Pixie is just darling. How old is she? How does she do when you are away for a whole month? Elaine PS Thanks for the new update!!!

Karin I just saw the picture of Pixie your cat, she is adorable! You will not believe it but she looks just like our Claire! I would add her picture for you, but I still don't know how.

Pixie is adorable- I had a cat just like her in college named Gypsy. :goodvibes

I can't get over the fact that you get food on the plane that actually looks edible! Continental (who we fly from NJ) has ridiculous purchased food (in Coach). I wouldn't mind that much, but they never really have much to buy...including on the flight to St Thomas when we go to ST John. You really do have to bring your own food now. :upsidedow

I am late, missed the fact that you have come and went...:sad2: here now ready to read!!

I want to see more photos of Pixie! She is soooo cute! I love it when kitties play.

Karin, I work as a veterinary technician at a small animal hospital in treatment and surgery so I recognize the expression of a blissed out cat! Pixie is a very lucky cat.:goodvibes

Karin,

Great start to your TR. I love the detail and the pictures!

OMG, I want Pixie!!!! We have 4 cats at home and if Joe would let me, I'd have more. :lmao: I am quite crazy though about house cleaning by running the sweeper daily and such but I wouldn't have it any other way...they are worth it!

Tinkerbell is so adorable!! You can tell that she is very loved and very content to have such a wonderful family :goodvibes

Karin,
A "young" Camembert, I always look at the cheese that they are getting rid of at the grocery, about to expire! That means it is just getting slightly ripe for the European taste buds!

The weather in Frankfurt, looked so gray.

KARIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm here I'm here! I'm so sorry for my absense but I'm back now! I was on spring break last week and all I could think of was how your trip was going! Now to catch myself up with you and everyone else!

Pixie is sooo cute!:cutie: I love cats, ours died last fall, he was 16. I don't know if we will adopt another.

I love crusty bread, I envy yours.

Pixie is sooo cute and photogenic !!!My attempts at getting pix of our 2 kittens have been futile as they don't stay still long enough !!!:rotfl2:They are named Tinkerbelle (Tink) and Silvermist( Misty ) so they are Pixie Fairies too !!!:banana:I will really try to get decent pix of them soon , cuz they too are really cute !!!

I see you stayed off site the first night !! This is part of my new plan , which I haven't run by Judy yet !!But I scrunched figures and with the cheaper flight we will actually save money annnnnnndddd her is my plan I am looking at a LIMO to pick us up and take us to the offsite hotel !!The girls will just LOVE that!!!Whattdo you think?????

Oh, Pixie is sooo cute!!! I am deathly allergic, but I would want to pet her, so please give her pets and kisses from Aunt Chrissy? :love:

Next time a box makes it's way from NC to Austria, it will have some goodies from PetSmart included.:thumbsup2

Oh! Speaking of boxes - remember I said please don't ever even consider sending another one when the US begins accepting boxes again? Well, I changed my mind after seeing Nussinis!!!!!:rotfl2:

The food on Lufthansa always looks so good! I flew Lufthansa from NY to Frankfurt then on to Rome and back, but we did not have anything that yummy! On one of my trips to London we took Virgin - the way over was terrible - cramped, awful food...but the way back was fabulous! Empty flight and all they did was feed us and it was surprisingly yummy!

Can't wait for the next update!! :surfweb: popcorn:: :goodvibes

Sophia is going to LOVE the psotcard I received from the FAB Five!! Thank you so much!!

Karin, Pixie is SO CUTE that I saved that first picture of her. I love that she's jusg huggin her new toy! So adorable!!! How old is she?

Hooray, you're on your way! Glad you got there early, even with the short delay. Wow, the food looks really good! Mmm, vanilla pudding with REAL vanilla in it. That's fancy.

Wow, the salad was crisp? That sounds so rare for airplane food. You were flying Lufthansa right?

Karin, looks like cute little Pixie is having so much fun! I don't think I've seen a cat hug a toy like that. :cutie:
Nice meals on the plane. We are always relegated to a sandwich from the airport or timing our meals to eat sit down during layovers. I guess I wouldn't want your airfare though. We Americans demand cheap flights or we're not going! ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter