• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Not ready yet???!!! A February trip report! Update 10/25 Day 9

I'm in! Can't wait to hear all about it. I'm particularly interested to see how you liked CSR.

Yes! just finished dinner and thought I would check to see if you had started your trip report and here you are!! Looking forward to it. Elaine

Glad to have you on board for the trip! :thumbsup2

:woohoo: Score!!! :woohoo:

Looking forward to reading more. :yay:
Sharon

Welcome, Sharon!
Hope you'll enjoy coming along on our adventures! :goodvibes

I am so looking forward to this! We go in less than 60 days (Beach Club Villas) and I booked some of our ADRs based on your past reviews (Yak & Yeti for the first time). :thumbsup2
Alright! I made the first page!

Less than 60 days? :woohoo: :woohoo:
Beach Club Villas? :yay: :yay:

Hope you enjoy YOUR ADRs and my trip report! :goodvibes

Woo hoo! Another report from Karin and Tom! :banana: And this one's so fresh, the Krispy Kremes are still warm. ;)

I am trying to get it done while it IS still fresh and warm! :rotfl2: But I intend to finish my other forever ongoing ones too! ;)
Welcome aboard! :goodvibes

:surfweb::woohoo::banana::yay::cool1::banana::yay::cool1::woohoo:

I'm joining in and I LOVE ALL YOUR REVIEWS...popcorn::

Thank you! :hug: I am so happy that you are joining us as well! :goodvibes

:goodvibes:cool1: I am here can't wait for more fun :banana:

So glad you have decided to join us too! :goodvibes

I'm here and I can't wait!!!!!! :yay:

:yay: You will be coming along too! I am so happy to have so many friends joining in on the fun! :goodvibes

Made it to page two & rarin' to go! Want to hear all about the fun, but don't want to know about the beautiful weather.:thumbsup2

You MADE it!!! :woohoo: Hm, don't know if I can change the weather for you, but let me tell you - the WHOLE trip was ..... :goodvibes

You know I'm here! And I missed page one by an inch! :lmao:

:woohoo: Hi Tina!
I am SO SO SUPER happy to have you here too! You and your family will be featured here quite a bit! :thumbsup2

Subbin for sure! Now to go back and read...

Glad to have you here! Hope to update real soon ......... :goodvibes

Just signed up! :surfweb::love:

So happy you decided to join us! :woohoo:

I'm in! Can't wait to hear all about it. I'm particularly interested to see how you liked CSR.

Hi Abby!
There are lots of fun things and a lot to tell about CSR! I really hope to be able to update on a regular basis! :thumbsup2

I'm Here! Can't wait to read all about it!:cool1:

Hi Tammie!
It's so good to know that so many of my DISfriends have decided to join and you are one of them! :hug:

Hi Karin! You are fast adding another trip report! I was away from the computer for a day. Can't wait to hear about your trip and see the pics. :hug:

Your so organized! You write such great reports I can't wait to look into everything. I just went through your food pics and everything looked so yummy. How was the peppermint bark sundae? I had peppermint ice cream in a waffle cone last time I was at Magic Kingdom and it was so good it's a must do when I go back along with the hot chocolate float. They put a scoop of vanilla in the hot chocolate and it's so good!:cloud9: It's beyond words

I'm joining in! Great intro and you made it so easy to keep track of all of your other reports.

Can't wait for an update:thumbsup2

Hi Karin! You are fast adding another trip report! I was away from the computer for a day. Can't wait to hear about your trip and see the pics. :hug:

Hi Teri!
It's so nice I have my cruising friends over here with me! :hug:
First installment is coming up shortly - there are LOADS of photos too! ;)

I'm here!!! :wave:

popcorn::popcorn::

Hi Sophia! :goodvibes
You made it here! :woohoo: I am so happy you are joining us! :thumbsup2

Yay!! So happy to read another TR from you and Tom!! :cool1:

Hi! :flower3:
I am really glad you are joining us as well! :goodvibes

I'm here...now I just have to read it!! :rolleyes1

Hi Jen!
So happy to have you here too! :goodvibes
You are getting real close! You are travelling this month! Are you getting excited yet? :yay:

Your so organized! You write such great reports I can't wait to look into everything. I just went through your food pics and everything looked so yummy. How was the peppermint bark sundae? I had peppermint ice cream in a waffle cone last time I was at Magic Kingdom and it was so good it's a must do when I go back along with the hot chocolate float. They put a scoop of vanilla in the hot chocolate and it's so good!:cloud9: It's beyond words

I was actually running out of space to post links to my reports and reviews in my signature. :lmao:
I LOVED the peppermint bark sundae! I love anything peppermint and this was a special treat!
I have never heard of the hot chocolate float - must put that on my to try list for another spring trip! Don't think I can handle hot chocolate in the August sun! ;)

:hourglass I just made it over in time, yikes you are quick lady.
Can't wait to read and see all of the great pictures!

Subbing!

Love the intro! :thumbsup2

Hi Tim!
I am delighted to have Princess Ana's dad on board! :goodvibes

I'm joining in! Great intro and you made it so easy to keep track of all of your other reports.

Can't wait for an update:thumbsup2

Welcome home! :goodvibes
How nice to have you here as well!
I am glad you liked the way I "push" my other reports and reviews - I was running out of space in my signature, so I had to come up with something else! :lmao:

I'm in, as usual:goodvibes

:woohoo: Glad you came over! So nice to have so many loyal readers! :goodvibes

:hourglass I just made it over in time, yikes you are quick lady.
Can't wait to read and see all of the great pictures!

:yay: You made it! I am about to post the first part of day 1! Lots of photos (esp. of food! :rotfl2:) coming up pretty soon! :goodvibes

Day 1, February 19

Are you sure you have a reservation? - Part 1

Finally February 19 had arrived – it was time to go on vacation!

Our suitcases had only been packed the night before and there were just a few items still needed to be thrown in last minute. So we got a good night’s sleep and I got up around 7am, got ready, turned off the water and unplugged everything that could be unplugged before I locked my flat behind me and went to our favourite baker to pick up some rolls.

IMG_9450.jpg

Then I went to our house to have breakfast before it was time to leave for the airport. When I arrived Tom had just gotten up and we prepared breakfast, sat down and enjoyed rolls, pumpkinseed rolls, ham, eggs, juice and some tea.

IMG_9447.jpg

Then the last few items got packed and after saying goodbye to Pixie, the cat, we were off to the airport. Well, not quite.
Right when we were ready to leave I remembered the one chore I had forgotten to do – watering the plants in my flat! Since I had already turned off the water, Tom filled an empty bottle with water for me and we went to my flat first, so my flowers would not have to die whilst I was gone.

Needless to say the unplanned stop made us a little late for the airport, but thankfully Linz airport is pretty small and you can check in until 30 minutes prior to your flight.
The drive to the airport was uneventful, even though it was a busy Saturday morning and we arrived there with time to spare. We parked the car in the long term car park, found a space not too far from the entrance, got everything out of the car and off we went. The walk is pretty short, about 90 seconds and we were inside the well heated airport building. Before we checked in our baggage I changed my shoes from the closed ones I had to wear in the wintery weather to some more summer type shoes and threw the other ones in the suitcase. Then we got in line, only one guy ahead of us, checked in our luggage and went over to the security checkpoint.
There is not much to see and do before and after the checkpoint, so there was no point in not going through security. Everything was a-okay, now that we have learned that even a gum wrapper can set off the alarm we really empty our pockets before going through.

Once inside we checked the flight times, our 11.15 flight was on time, so we walked through the duty free shop, which is tiny and in no time it was time to get in line to board the plane.
Our airport is so small that you actually walk over to the plane. It was starting to snow outside and we both were glad to be able to leave the snow and cold behind.

IMG_9453.jpg

We stowed our hand luggage, settled into our seats and waited for things to come. A little later we were told that boarding was completed and we were good to go.
That first flight is only 50 minutes and as soon as we had reached cruising altitude

IMG_9454.jpg

we were served some drinks,

IMG_9458.jpg

Coke for me and coffee for Tom and a Nussini,

IMG_9455.jpg

IMG_9460.jpg

layered wafer biscuits filled with chocolate cream and covered in milk chocolate and chopped nuts. What a nice treat.
Time just flew by and we landed right on time in Frankfurt.

That nussini looks darn good! I love how you always show us your plane treats. It's been years since I've had a plane treat even given to me. I have to bring my own or buy one for an outrageous price.

That nussini looks darn good! I love how you always show us your plane treats. It's been years since I've had a plane treat even given to me. I have to bring my own or buy one for an outrageous price.

Nussinis are REAL YUMMY!!!!!!! They are very common here and I guess we are pretty lucky Lufthansa still caters on short flights!
And I was reminded of your earlier comment, that you had to bring your own snacks when we were at the airport for our flight home. There was a couple filling a basket with snacks and only then did it dawn on me that not everyone was as lucky as we are travelling Lufthansa.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter