Not exactly the way it all began- Sept.2010 TR

I know MY husband thought I was crazy! He kept saying, are these some of those imaginary DIS people?

This sentence cracked me up!:lmao:

My dh, Brad, was in Frontier Land carrying our back pack with a LGMH on it. A lady walked up to him & asked him if he was a Dis member. Brad was very adamant to let her know that no he was not, it was his wife.

You totally didn't show me your ring that day! It's gorgeous!!!

Well, that would have been kind of rude, hi, here is my new ring! LOL!!;)

I was a bit behind - just read about HDDR! It sounds like it was a blast for everyone! We hope to go in March and are a tad nervous about bringing a 3 year old, but it sounds like even Cole liked it, so hopefully we'll have the same results with Henry.

Love all the Chef Mickey's pictures too! What a perfect way to kick off an MK day and the trip!

And LOVE your band!!!! It's BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!! He did very, very, very good! :thumbsup2 Congratulations to both of you on TEN YEARS! :yay:

Hi Brook!
I think Henry woud like HDDR, it was entertaining for all of us! Love CM, so much fun and it was a great way to start the week!

Todd did great with my ring! Such a nice surprise!!!:cloud9: Thanks for your anniversary congrats!!!:goodvibes

Hi Kristen! I'm all caught up in your TR! :goodvibes

1st- Ya'll are two beautiful families vacationing together!

I love the picture of Cole riding on the luggage at the airport - too cute!

I want to do the HDDR one year, that or Mickey's back yard BBQ.

Happy belated 10th anniversary:love:! What's wrong with Todd not wearing his happy anniversary shirt to the parks? JK, Brad would not want to either. Todd did a excellent job on the anniversary gift! :thumbsup2 Your ring is gorgeous!

I can't wait to read about the rest of the trip!

Hi Amy!
SO glad you're here!!:goodvibes Thanks for all your nice compliments!!!

I've heard great things about Mickey's backyard BBQ, too, someday, I'd like to get there, as well. HDDR was fun, something different.

I know, Todd would NO way wear that shirt out in the parks. :rotfl: He doesn't like calling any attention to himself, so even getting him to wear the Anniversary buttons was a lot!

Thanks, my ring is sooooo pretty!!! I love it!:lovestruc

What a great way to start your Anniversary!! Your ring is absolutely beautiful!! :lovestruc Todd did VERY well! :thumbsup2 We spent our 10th anniversary trip at WDW with the kiddos, too! Funny how things change in 10 years!! :goodvibes Can't wait to read more!

Hi Becky!
I know, Todd did a great job!!!:cloud9: And you're so right, how things change....lol!!:rotfl:

I hope you have a great weekend & post pics of those cute boys dressed up for Halloween!

Thanks, we did. Hope you did, too!! I'll post one for you!! :)

YAY! Happy Halloween!

I will catch up with our TR when we get back!! :goodvibes

After a round of obstacles listed on my PTR, we will be in a cab at 4:00 am on Sunday morning!! :banana:

:hug: til next week!!

Hope you're having a great trip, so jealous you're there!!

SO late to the party but here nevertheless. Going back to catch up! :goodvibes

Hi C! Welcome aboard!!

What a great trip report! Too bad you didn't get him to wear the shirt. I make my DH wear all kinds of disney shirts, He does it for me. He figures this is the only time I can dress him:) What a great ring! I wish my hands look as good as yours.

Hi there! Thanks for joining us!! Ya, Todd isn't one to call attention to himself, just having him wear the Mickey and Minnie anniversary buttons daily was a lot!:lmao: And thank you!!!:goodvibes

How did I miss that you'd started your TR?!

I'm loving it so far- your families are so cute and you look like you are having so much fun together! Love the Chef Mickey photos! Too bad Cole didn't have the reaction to the characters you were hoping for- 3 year olds can be unpredictable, can't they? David wasn't exactly thrilled about them either! :rolleyes:

Guess who I saw first thing on our first morning at POR? Cole and your DH!!! It was Saturday morning and we were eating breakfast at the food court and I looked over and saw them standing over by the restrooms! I looked for you but didn't see you anywhere, and I'm sure your husband would've thought I was a lunatic if I'd gone up to talk to him! :rotfl: I know MY husband thought I was crazy! He kept saying, are these some of those imaginary DIS people?

We saw your whole group again too- I think it was later that same day. We were in the kiddie pool and saw you all walk through the pool area, it looked like you were headed for a park. I was so bummed I didn't run into you again! It is so weird to be in Disney and see people you recognize walk by! :laughing:

I'm looking forward to reading more and seeing how many more times our paths might have crossed!

Hi there! So glad you're here!!!:goodvibes I can't believe you saw Todd and Cole and us again! How funny!! He wouldn't have thought twice if you said something to him! That's too bad, I would have loved to have met you! Although you probably saw how nuts we were ane steered clear!!:rotfl: I wouldn't blame you one bit!!!

Happy Halloween

:hmghost:pirate:

Thanks Anna!!

Caught up! Loving the TR, and Im sure we've passed eachother before, most likely somewhere less glamorous than Magic Kingdom... probably Shaws ;)

Kris and I moved to Plymouth a year ago, but Ive been in this area for my whole life. Sounds like some of us MA girls should start up a coffee-date plan :woohoo:

Cant wait to read more, and Im SO jealous of your gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous anniversary band.

Hi! So glad you are here! :goodvibes And you're probably right, I'm sure we've passed each other a million times at Shaw's or Target!! Small World!:laughing:

We've been in Plymouth for just about 5 years now, I grew up on the Cape and Todd grew up in Philly. And yes, I completley agree, a MA coffee date sounds like a great idea to me!!

This sentence cracked me up!:lmao:

My dh, Brad, was in Frontier Land carrying our back pack with a LGMH on it. A lady walked up to him & asked him if he was a Dis member. Brad was very adamant to let her know that no he was not, it was his wife.

SO funny, that's how Todd was, too!!! :lmao:

We left off with our anniversary celebration at CM, I had been texting a very special person, who was one of the people that became a good friend to me, while planning our trips! Meghan aka Dancegrl624 here on DIS! We texted/emailed each other almost daily leading up to our trips and while planning, we found out that we would both be at CM that same morning! She was heading to MK for EMH, and had a reservation about the time we'd be finishing up! :banana: Well, we managed to meet up! I was so excited to finally see her, I felt that we had already met before, so it was nice to actually meet face to face!!

Meghan and I at CM

Disney2010128.jpg

She was so sweet and we met her husband, Tony and her daughter, Madison, as well. Here is a pic of most the kids, they hit it off RIGHT away!:thumbsup2 Especially Hailey and Madison!

Disney2010129.jpg

We chatted for a bit with Meghan and family, our kids were getting anxious to finally get to the parks and then it was time to make our way to MK!:wizard:

So we made our way up the elevator to the monorail...we were on our way!

Hey Kristen!!

Guess what?!?!?

I need to start another PTR ...

... cuz in exactly 4 months, 14 hours, and 30 minutes (but who's counting ...?) ...

the DD and I will be in DISNEY WORLD!!!!!

Hey Kristen!!

Guess what?!?!?

I need to start another PTR ...

... cuz in exactly 4 months, 14 hours, and 30 minutes (but who's counting ...?) ...

the DD and I will be in DISNEY WORLD!!!!!

WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:dance3: SO excited for you!!!! Keep me posted, so I can be the 1st one there!!!! :thumbsup2

Well, that would have been kind of rude, hi, here is my new ring! LOL!!;)

Hahaha....I guess you're right. :goodvibes

We left off with our anniversary celebration at CM, I had been texting a very special person, who was one of the people that became a good friend to me, while planning our trips! Meghan aka Dancegrl624 here on DIS! We texted/emailed each other almost daily leading up to our trips and while planning, we found out that we would both be at CM that same morning! She was heading to MK for EMH, and had a reservation about the time we'd be finishing up! :banana: Well, we managed to meet up! I was so excited to finally see her, I felt that we had already met before, so it was nice to actually meet face to face!!

Meghan and I at CM

Disney2010128.jpg

She was so sweet and we met her husband, Tony and her daughter, Madison, as well. Here is a pic of most the kids, they hit it off RIGHT away!:thumbsup2 Especially Hailey and Madison!

Disney2010129.jpg

We chatted for a bit with Meghan and family, our kids were getting anxious to finally get to the parks and then it was time to make our way to MK!:wizard:

So we made our way up the elevator to the monorail...we were on our way!

Hooray!!!! You're picture is better than mine...maybe I should crop mine so we're not so far away!!! I'll get to our meet eventually in my TR. I still need to finish up my first day!

Kris and I moved to Plymouth a year ago, but Ive been in this area for my whole life. Sounds like some of us MA girls should start up a coffee-date plan :woohoo:

This sounds like a great idea!! I'm in!!

What a gorgeous ring!!! It i so pretty and sparkly :goodvibes
I am sure your DH is loving his Kindle....I know I love mine....so easy to read and a great size for traveling, etc. :thumbsup2
:yay: for a great Dismeet! :disrocks:
Looks like you are having a wonderful first morning...now off to the MK :goodvibes

Tracy

Meeting online friends in "real life" is so much fun! I am pretty active on babycenter and I have meet a couple of moms from that board that I went through pregnancy, birth and new mommy-hood with and it was such a great experience! :hug:

I'm all caught up!! Sorry I was so late. It looks like you all are having a great trip so far. I absolutely agree with you about the weather it was so HOT!! Your ring is gorgous! I love the pics of all the kids..so cute!

Yay for an update :) Glad that you got to meet up with a diser. I can't wait to do that some time. We were close last time but didn't quite connect. Hopefully I will meet you in person some day even though I consider you a close friend already. The dis rocks!

Hahaha....I guess you're right. :goodvibes

Right?! LOL!!:lmao:

Hooray!!!! You're picture is better than mine...maybe I should crop mine so we're not so far away!!! I'll get to our meet eventually in my TR. I still need to finish up my first day!

Yes, crop it, so you cut most of me out! :laughing: Or you can use this one!! :)
So glad we got to meet!!

This sounds like a great idea!! I'm in!!

I'd love it, let's plan it, girls!! Plymouth DIS girls on the town!!!:banana:

What a gorgeous ring!!! It i so pretty and sparkly :goodvibes
I am sure your DH is loving his Kindle....I know I love mine....so easy to read and a great size for traveling, etc. :thumbsup2
:yay: for a great Dismeet! :disrocks:
Looks like you are having a wonderful first morning...now off to the MK :goodvibes

Tracy

Hey Tracy!!

Welcome home!:goodvibes

Thank you, I just love my ring!!!!:cutie: Todd did a great job!:thumbsup2

I know, loved having a DIS meet! There were so many of us there then, unfortunately Meghan was the only one I officially met!

Off to MK! Stay tuned and thanks for reading!!

Meeting online friends in "real life" is so much fun! I am pretty active on babycenter and I have meet a couple of moms from that board that I went through pregnancy, birth and new mommy-hood with and it was such a great experience! :hug:

It really was, I felt like I knew Meghan forever, as we had planned a couple of trips together before, so it was SO nice to finally meet her! You share so much of yourself on DIS, so it was really fun!!

I'm all caught up!! Sorry I was so late. It looks like you all are having a great trip so far. I absolutely agree with you about the weather it was so HOT!! Your ring is gorgous! I love the pics of all the kids..so cute!

SO glad you're here! You're not late, at all!!! It was soooo hot, my hair was terrible! You'll see how later in the week.....ugh! Thanks for your nice compliments!!

Yay for an update :) Glad that you got to meet up with a diser. I can't wait to do that some time. We were close last time but didn't quite connect. Hopefully I will meet you in person some day even though I consider you a close friend already. The dis rocks!

Aww, Tracy!!!!:hug:I feel exactly the same! someday we WILL meet! And have our too many boys we won't know what to do with ourselves!! LOL!:lmao:

So Fun! Im jealous of the Meet-Up! Guess Ill have to just start planning again ;)

We headed up to the monorail and there was no line!!:banana: I saw a CM and asked if we could try and get a "front seat" ride and was quickly informed that they did away with that a few months ago for security reasons, I was so disappointed as I knew the kids would have loved it! Did anyone else know that they no longer do that?:confused3

Before we knew it the monorail was there and we were on our way to MK!:wizard: I still couldn't believe we were there and finally going to see the castle!!:lovestruc

I think this is the cutest pic, Cole's "first" monorail ride (that he was sitting himself and looking out).....the last two trips he was too little.

Disney2010134.jpg

I remember Zach was having a meltdown on the monorail about something, so it wasn't the most pleasant ride we've ever had but we were on our way! A pic of Adam enjoying that meltdown! LOL!!

Disney2010132.jpg

It then dawned on me that we hadn't put on sunscreen or applied the tattoos to the kids arms that we bought beforehand (in case they got lost), so once we got to the station, that is what we did. No one was happy about that!! They just wanted to get there!! :sad2: But it had to be done!!

We quickly made it down the ramp from the transportation center and to the bag check....this went smoothly, considering the amount of stuff we carry to the parks. Both guys carried backpacks with ponchos, water bottles, snacks, sunscreen, you get the point....and Tracey and I carried our Baggallini's with the "diaper bag" essentials and cameras, so this isn't as quick as you'd like....and then throw in the 6 kids we're trying to keep track of!!:laughing:

We made our way through the tunnels towards Main Street and just as we're about to turn the corner to see the castle, the CM's were blocking the street and wouldn't let us through, the "Move it, Shake it, Celebrate it" street party was starting! So we stopped on a curb and watched, we were finally here!!!!!:wizard:

Some pics of our 1st Disney show!!:banana:

Disney2010135.jpg

Disney2010136.jpg

Disney2010137.jpg

Disney2010138.jpg

Disney2010140.jpg

Disney2010141.jpg

Disney2010142.jpg

Disney2010143.jpg

It was a great show, we had great seats and a nice way to see some of the characters! But we were ready to move further down Main Street.....

We turned the corner and there it was!!!! :cloud9::cloud9::cloud9:

Disney2010145.jpg

It was pretty crowded on Main Street, but we started walking towards the craned toped castle. :confused:

Getting a bit closer....
Disney2010147.jpg

Look who I ran into!! It was finally feeling like I was there!!! :yay:

Disney2010148.jpg

We stopped for photopass about this time, I wanted to take full advantage of any group shots we could get! But unfortunately, I'm still waiting for the CD, I hope that by the weekend I have that so I can go back and catch you up with those pics, as well.

The streets were so crowded, since there was the street show just finishing up, but we made our way up the lefthand side of the castle towards Fantasyland!!:lovestruc

Love this fountain!!
Disney2010152.jpg

And then reality of what Fantasyland was at this time was in front of us!!:sad2:

Disney2010153.jpg

I knew it was not going to be what I was 'use to' but it still shocked me, oh well, a good reason to plan another trip in the near future!!;) I can't wait to see it completed!!

It was about 11 or so at this time, we decided to go on a classic for our 1st ride of the trip and the kids chose "Snow White" since my favorite and must do 1st of every trip, IASW, was under construction! :guilty:

Not a bad wait! (this was Thursday morning)

Disney2010154.jpg

Disney2010156.jpg

Disney2010157.jpg

Ethan and I waiting in line!

Disney2010160-1.jpg

and finally on!!

Disney2010161.jpg

Disney2010162.jpg

Disney2010163.jpg

Disney2010166.jpg

Disney2010167.jpg

It was a great 1st ride of the trip! The kids really loved it and were ready for more!!!

Where would we go next?

They stopped doing this after the accident in July 2009, mainly to prevent people from talking about it with the operator and also because at the time there was an ongoing investigation. However if you go to Disneyland you can still ride in the front.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter