Not exactly the way it all began- Sept.2010 TR

I'm here. Off to a great start! Can't wait to hear/see more!!! I must say just the pics of the plane and you guys boarding it are making my heart race though (you know, since I'm living vicariously through your trip,lol......BIG CHICKEN of flying)

Hi Tracy!
So glad you're here!!! It's so much fun sharing with you guys, I love the feedback, makes me
feel like i'm doing the trip all over again!! So thanks!!:goodvibes
I'm here!

Hey Meghan!!

I'm here! Yay!
Hey there Tiff!! Glad you're here!!

Okay...went back and read. Great start! Too bad you guys didn't get to jump on that earlier flight. Your boys are sooo cute!

I know, it was a bummer, but it wasn't meant to be, I guess. It would have been some super pixie dust if we got on!!:thumbsup2

:bounce2: :bounce2: :bounce2: :bounce2: :bounce2: :bounce2: :bounce2: :bounce2:

Oh, oh! I'm here, Kristen! Great start! Very anxious to read more!!!!! Can't wait to see how many times we crossed paths and didn't know it! :lmao:

Hey Kristin!! Glad you're here girl!! I know, I'm sure it was more than once!:scared1:

You're off to a great start Kristen! Bummer that you couldn't catch the earlier flight, I'm sure you were more than ready to get out of that airport. It can be sooooo hard to keep excited kids wrangled in while waiting for a flight! You're on your way though :banana:

Hi Michelle!!!!:cutie:
We were so ready to get out of there, the boys go crazy soon after and that's when I needed to whip out the goody bags...oh well. Can't wait to share more!! Thanks for reading!!

OMIGOODNESS!!! Im here!!! :yay:

YAY I was waiting for this and so happy I get to start it before I leave in 11 days...11 hours...and 30 minutes! :woohoo:

Great beignning...I was literally bouncing in my seat when I was reading the airport part...I'm a flight snob and only fly Jetblue so for some reason that made me extra excited! :laughing:

Cant wait to read more!!! :dance3:

Hi!! So glad you're here!! Thanks for being patient with me!! I couldn't get on here as much as I wanted too!:headache: I can't believe how close your trip is! 11 days!!!!:yay: I'm jealous!!!

Love Jetblue, it was great for the boys!

Have you started packing yet? :confused3

I'm joining in! :yay:

Great start! Your boys are all so cute, especially the youngest - ADORABLE! Subscribing!

Hi there! Thanks for joining me!!! And for all your nice compliments! Cole is my heartbreaker, for sure....his smiles are contagious....thinking the dimples are what does it for people! :)

Hope you stick around!!! :goodvibes

I'm joining in. Your kids are so cute!

popcorn::

Hi!! Thanks for joining my TR!!:hug: Oh and thank you for your compliment on my boys!!

Thanks for the message on Facebook!! I'm glad I found your TR. :goodvibes

Sounds like you are off to a great start, I can't wait to read more. :banana:

Hi LL!!
Glad you're here!!!

Ok...I'm in on your TR. We were at WDW the same time this year. We were also married in 2000, spent our honeymoon (well, actually wedding too) at WDW, and I have a 7 year old named Ethan! Can't wait to read more!

Hi!!! NO WAY!!!! That's crazy how much we have in common!!!! :eek: WOW!!! Completely jealous you were married in WDW, wish I knew about that at the time!! Glad to have you here!! Are you doing a TR, too? Let me know! Thanks for reading!!:goodvibes

Hi!!! NO WAY!!!! That's crazy how much we have in common!!!! :eek: WOW!!! Completely jealous you were married in WDW, wish I knew about that at the time!! Glad to have you here!! Are you doing a TR, too? Let me know! Thanks for reading!!:goodvibes

Yeah, I thought it was crazy too!! Funny is that the first time we went to WDW, we stayed at Dixie Landings! I am doing a TR, there is a link in my signature. :) It was funny about our wedding. The first time DH and I went to Disney was before we were married. When we were planning that trip, we found out about the weddings. I started planning a full blown wedding, and realized that my mom and I would not be speaking to each other after it was over. So....destination wedding it was. And there's no place more magical!

Can't wait to read more about your trip!

We had an uneventful trip to MCO, thankfully Jetblue has the t.v's in each seat, so the boys could watch what they wanted and be entertained. I started off with Ethan & Lucas, Todd and Cole were across the aisle and had an empty seat. This later worked out nicely after all the boys switched seats at different times. It was about a 2 1/2 hour flight from Boston, arriving a bit early! YAY!!:dance3: We landed a little after 11 p.m.- right when Magical Express luggage service closes, which we knew. So, we all made our way to the fake monorail towards baggage.

The airport was EMPTY!

Disney2010010.jpg

Can you see the excitement?!!:banana:

Disney2010011.jpg

On the "fake monorail"

Disney2010012.jpg

We made it to baggage claim and in time we had our bags! Off to ME!!:woohoo: At this point, it was about 11:20 or so. Coley was getting super tired and ready to be cuddled, I don't blame him one bit! He really wanted Daddy to pick him up and carry him, but between the 5 suitcases, sit and stand stroller, diaper bag, carry ons and the other boys, there was no way....so he hitched a ride! This has to be one of my favorite pics from our trip! TOO CUTE!

Disney2010014.jpg

We get our tickets checks at the ME counter, take a quick potty break and head to the "line" for Port Orleans Riverside..this is what we see!

Disney2010015.jpg

We get to the end of the "line" (seriously, we were the ONLY ones there!) and a CM at the end waving a big Mickey hand tells us to get right out side, our bus was waiting! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!! I was never so happy to see a bus before!!!:wizard:

Disney2010016.jpg

We give the nice bus driver our bags and jump on board, we're ready to be home!!!

Ethan and I in the front seat!

Disney2010017.jpg

Todd & the other boys

Disney2010020.jpg

We're beginning to sit too long, we're taking too many pics!:rotfl:

Disney2010021.jpg

So we sit and wait and wait and wait......yes, we waited a LONG time, for a 1/2 hour! The boys were WILD, I was exhausted and needed to be "home" now.....and just when I thought I may start up the bus myself, our friendly Disney ME driver jumped aboard! YAY!!!!!!!!:yay:

He was great, he talked to us the entire way to PORS, there were only about 4 other people on the entire bus. I guess they just make the buses wait that long at night since not too many people come, I just wish they told us we may sit for that long....cuz my kids were nuts!! LOL!!

Continued in next post....

Joining your TR!! You have a beautiful family and the pic of your little one on the suitcase was too cute. Can't wait to read more!!

We finally make it to PORS about 12:30 p.m. We walk right in, up to the desk and check in with no issues! The boys were soooo good, they took a seat over in front of the t.v with Disney shows playing, they were so tired at this point.

Disney2010024.jpg

A nice CM behind the counter offers to take a pic from the other side, from behind the counter to capture their faces. It didn't come out too great, but cute enough!

Disney2010025.jpg

I take note of some of the details in our lobby.

Disney2010026.jpg

At this point, the CM tells us that we got a room in the Alligator Bayou, building 15, adjoining rooms with Tracey and Adam, trundle beds, just as we requested!! :yay::woohoo: She slides the map across the counter and shows us how to get to our room....we grab the boys and into the darkness we go......UGH!!!

We step out into the humidity, about 1 a.m with our 3 exhausted boys, 5 suitcases, sit and stand stroller, diaper bag and carry ons and with the map every direction, we still can't figure out where we were. I'm about to lose my mind. And now I find myself getting mad that no one offered to take us to our room, offer help with our bags, nothing!:headache: But it's late and I'm cranky.....so we go and get lost....and before too much longer, Todd finds the way to our room. :cloud9:

We open the door and see this.....all is right with my world again!!

Disney2010027.jpg

I snap a few pics before we make a mess of it for the week....

The boys checking it out:

Disney2010028.jpg

our t.v. and armoire:

Disney2010029.jpg

sink and vanity area:

Disney2010030.jpg

one of the beds:

Disney2010031.jpg

hooks and fridge area:

Disney2010032.jpg

At this point it was time to call it a night....we quickly changed and got right into bed! We had a busy morning ahead of us....Tracey and Adam would be there by 10:30ish, Garden Grocer between 9-11.

We were all asleep in no time with visions of Disney vacation in our heads!!:cloud9:

Yeah, I thought it was crazy too!! Funny is that the first time we went to WDW, we stayed at Dixie Landings! I am doing a TR, there is a link in my signature. :) It was funny about our wedding. The first time DH and I went to Disney was before we were married. When we were planning that trip, we found out about the weddings. I started planning a full blown wedding, and realized that my mom and I would not be speaking to each other after it was over. So....destination wedding it was. And there's no place more magical!

Can't wait to read more about your trip!

So funny!!! I'm with you about the wedding, the headaches I would have avoided if I had only known!! LOL!! Oh well.

I will go and check out your TR, too!! :goodvibes

I'm here! I was looking at your first couple of pictures and thinking, "These people look really familiar!" Then I realized that I had stumbled on your PTR when I was reading some to find inspiration to write my own!
We have three kids, as well, and I can't wait to see how y'all dealt with your three, plus more!!

I am enjoying your trip report so far. I can relate to getting lost at POR in the Alligator Bayou section. I was there for two weeks and could never figure out the logic behind all of those paths and how they related to the buildings which didn't seem to be numbered in a common sense way. I got lost and turned around many of times.

I'm here! I was looking at your first couple of pictures and thinking, "These people look really familiar!" Then I realized that I had stumbled on your PTR when I was reading some to find inspiration to write my own!
We have three kids, as well, and I can't wait to see how y'all dealt with your three, plus more!!

OH, that is funny!! Glad you are here and joining in!!! :goodvibes Are you doing a PTR, too? I will need to check it out!! Three kiddos (plus!) is a handful, but fun, too!!!

I am enjoying your trip report so far. I can relate to getting lost at POR in the Alligator Bayou section. I was there for two weeks and could never figure out the logic behind all of those paths and how they related to the buildings which didn't seem to be numbered in a common sense way. I got lost and turned around many of times.

Hi! Thanks for reading and commenting!!:hug: Phew...glad it's not only us!! :lmao: You're right though, between bldg. 14 and 15, I'd get turned around every day! Good thing others in my group were better with directions! Two weeks!! HOW NICE!!!!:cloud9:

ps- noticed your are from Philly! What part? Todd grew up in Glenolden and I lived out there for 10 years. Love Philly!! :cloud9: We visit a couple of times of year .

You started, yeah! My kids would have been a mess that late at night, yours look like they handled it well in the pictures! Love Jet Blue, those TVs are so great!

Hoping you got to sleep in a wee bit the next morning!

Allyson:surfweb:

Loving it so far of course. Love the pic of you and Todd on the bus, Todd's floating head with Cole and Lucas on the bus ( :) ), of course the one of Coley catching a ride at the airport:lovestruc and the boys sleepily lined up in front of the t.v. at the resort. Can't wait for more:thumbsup2

OH, that is funny!! Glad you are here and joining in!!! :goodvibes Are you doing a PTR, too? I will need to check it out!! Three kiddos (plus!) is a handful, but fun, too!!!

[/COLOR][/SIZE]
Thanks! Yes, I've started one (I put it in my siggy, if it works), but our trip is a looong time away...Sept. 2011! Probably the longest PTR ever! And I agree, the more kids, the merrier!! People always think we're out of our minds to have three...just wait until they find out we actually want another one!:eek:
I am absolutely amazed at the picture of your three sitting and watching the Disney movie when you were checking in. I think I have two pictures of all my kids together! And yours are well-behaved and it's late at night--so impressive!

Okay, all caught up now! :thumbsup2 And yay, you have arrived!!!!! How AWFUL about having to wait so long on the ME and then having to drag all that stuff, and the tired kiddos around the resort. I am VERY surprised they didn't offer help! :sad2: I'm with ya, after all that I would have been getting frustrated and cranky too!

But that Mickey welcoming you....:cloud9: I sure hope your room is easier to find in the DAYLIGHT though! :laughing:

(also glad you were able to carve out some DIS time! I hope things fall into a routine for you again!)

So jealous you got to stay at POR...that is one of my FAVORITES and I have great memories of it when we were only a family of 5 :). I just love the atmosphere of the resort...and boat to DTD!:thumbsup2

It looks pretty cool to arrive to such an empty airport.

Magical Express looks like such a great way to get to Disney. We will probably always rent a car so I don't know if we'll ever have a chance to try it. I really want to though.

:love:POR. It really stinks that no one offered to help you to your room. I'm sure it was no fun trying to find your room in the dark with 3 tired kids.

The AB looks so nice. We were in the mansions section and although the outside is pretty I wasn't fond of the interior. It reminded me of my grandma's house.

It must be great to go to sleep and wake up in Disney!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter