Not Enough Time... Really???

stulaurie

Mouseketeer
Does anyone else feel this way? How is it possible that we are going on the Fantasy for 7 whole days and I can't even figure out when we are going to find the time to sit and watch a movie?

Day one: sign up for Mixology, head to the Spa to sign up for Chill Spa, Dining Changes, Lunch, drop off luggage, Aqua Duck maybe, check out Vibe, then Edge, Lifeboat Drill, Sailaway, Show, Dinner etc.

Day 2: Brunch, DVC Presentation, Shopping Presentation, Mixology, Show, Formal Night, etc, etc, etc.

It never ends!!!! And yes, I keep telling myself to not plan and just go with it, but in every family there is something that someone really want to do and we don't want to get home and say I really wanted to do that but didn't. This isn't a vacation, it's a MARATHON!!!

Is this crazy or what, I know I'm not alone, and yes this is meant to be funny. Every night when I scour the Navigators and say, I want to do that, and I want to do that, and don't even get me going on everything I want to eat...LOL. We pay good money for this kind of craziness.:confused3

I didn't see a movie until my second cruise. My feeling is that I can see a movie on land, so I want to do the things I can't do at home, like just sit on deck 4, or take a towel folding class.

One nice thing is that everyone doesn't have to do everything together. If 2 want to see a movie and 2 want to go swimming, you can do that. If ypu try to do everything, you won't enjoy much of anything because you'll be too busy running from place to place.

Nancy

Rules for Cruising DCL

1) Relax
2) Enjoy
3) you will not be able to do everything - It is designed that way so that when you walk off the ship, you will say "We have to do this again, I didn't get to do everything."
4) repeat steps 1 thru 3

After my First cruise I felt gypped because I "missed" doing so many things. Booked another and learned to prioritize on the second. Re-booked on board and will do so from now on, then there's no pressure to do it all...since I know I'm coming back!

Does anyone else feel this way? How is it possible that we are going on the Fantasy for 7 whole days and I can't even figure out when we are going to find the time to sit and watch a movie?

Day one: sign up for Mixology, head to the Spa to sign up for Chill Spa, Dining Changes, Lunch, drop off luggage, Aqua Duck maybe, check out Vibe, then Edge, Lifeboat Drill, Sailaway, Show, Dinner etc.

Day 2: Brunch, DVC Presentation, Shopping Presentation, Mixology, Show, Formal Night, etc, etc, etc.

It never ends!!!! And yes, I keep telling myself to not plan and just go with it, but in every family there is something that someone really want to do and we don't want to get home and say I really wanted to do that but didn't. This isn't a vacation, it's a MARATHON!!!

Is this crazy or what, I know I'm not alone, and yes this is meant to be funny. Every night when I scour the Navigators and say, I want to do that, and I want to do that, and don't even get me going on everything I want to eat...LOL. We pay good money for this kind of craziness.:confused3

In my 2 cruises 7 days and 5 days, I made it to aqua duck twice; never made it to the movie or DVC or shopping presentation, not one Mixology class, cooking class and the only spa service is rainforest on the last day of both cruisers. And was bussy all the time, not like I was lying by the pool all day long, what have I been doing.

I didn't see a movie until my second cruise. My feeling is that I can see a movie on land, so I want to do the things I can't do at home, like just sit on deck 4, or take a towel folding class.

One nice thing is that everyone doesn't have to do everything together. If 2 want to see a movie and 2 want to go swimming, you can do that. If ypu try to do everything, you won't enjoy much of anything because you'll be too busy running from place to place.

Nancy

That's funny because DH and I never get to go to the movies in real life and we really love it so we go to several on the ship while the kids are in the club!

I always write down my "must do" things like the princess meet and greet and Spa treatments and then I work other things in as possible. My first 6 cruises I tried to do too much and this last one I was much more "chill" about things and had an awesome time. Ironically I ended up feeling like I did more! :)

Too much to do and see. I failed to make it in the theater. Although I had intentions prior to boarding.
But I can do that on land. ;)
Half our party made it. 1A 1K.
I have no regrets missing a movie onboard.

Nancy

I completely agree with this. On our last cruise, our younger DS wanted to go to the kids club while my older DS and DH went to see a movie. Me...I sat up on deck and relaxed. It was heaven.

I agree, that there is never enough time on vacation! But, we have found time for a movie on both cruises so far, and they were movies we had not seen yet, and got to see them in 3-D. We don't go to the movies much, and never 3-D...so it is a treat for us.

Two 4-night cruises and one 7-night cruise on DCL and have never seen a movie on board, worked out in the gym, or done Palo or Remy brunch. My advice is, don't over plan. We loved playing our sea days on our last cruise by ear......sooooo relaxing. We even canceled beer tasting and tequila tasting because we didn't want to have to be somewere at a certain time on our last sea day! Having to be ready for the evening show and dinner by certain times was enough for us. We loved lounging on deck during the day, especially when we went up to the adult only area - loooooved it up there. It was nice to be able to go play a round of mini golf, play shuffleboard or ride the aquaduck with DS whenever he wanted us to without having to watch the clock. I know, everyone is different. And, we have done a tasting, played bingo, dined at Palo, etc. on prior cruises, so it wasn't a big deal for us to forego those things this time. Enjoy!

Let's start by skipping the "shopping presentation". One of the all time waste of your time. All it is is "shop here because I get a kickback".

Just because they offer it does not mean you have to go. (Not to mention you can watch it over and over and over again in your cabin. LOL)

stulaurie said:

I did a 14 night on the wonder that had 8 wonderful sea days and by the end was shocked that I actually did not have enough time to do everything. I had to force myself to go to a movie in our last sea day as I hadn't been to one by that point yet! Can't wait for another 2 week trip!

After two cruises of trying to do it all, we dedicate at least one day at sea to nothing. We basically eat, hang on deck. Wander around. Maybe catch a movie. Take a nap while DH hits the gym.
It's funny.
We've never done everything, but I manage to run for an hour or so on deck 4 everyday. I guess there's nothing conflicting in the schedule with a five am run.

Two thoughts here:

1. Throw the plans away, you're on vacation. When you get up each day, just do what you want to on the spur of the moment. Or not do, just sit on the verandah/pool side/bar side and do absolutely nothing.

2. If you must plan every day out, then allow at least two hours a day to relax and read/nap/sun tan.

No, a week is not long enough. We have trouble fitting in movies AND shows on our cruises. We do a lot of excursions off the ship and do the late dining. We really like going to the pool in the afternoon to chill out when we get back on the ship in the afternoon. That's usually about the time the early diners leave to go get ready for dinner so it empties out and isn't crowded. Well, if we wanted to do a show then we'd also have to go get ready since we have to see the early one. We end up enjoying the quiet time at the pool too much to leave. Usually if we do a movie we go the midnight show (in our PJ's) and it's usually the night before our sea day so that we don't have to worry about being up early to make an excursion. We just have to hope the movie schedule cooperates with us!!:rotfl:

On both prior cruises we ended up going to MIDNIGHT movies (I will admit to falling asleep!) - one was the premier of Cars 2 and the second was Brave which had just been released - there was too much we wanted to do at all other times!!

Yep, we were the same way! We wanted to see Oz while onboard but just never had time with everything else we wanted to do

We have caught a couple movies - usually late at night.

It took us until our 4th cruise before we finally saw a movie, and it was only because they were really promoting "The Avengers" big time. I was glad we finally gave in, since that was a part of the ship I had not ever seen before!

This is the beauty of a cruise...so much to do! I often wonder where people find time to get a tan! :rotfl2:

Yes, I feel the same way. It took four cruises to go with my husband to one of the adult night attractions by ourselves! That being said - I love it!:dance3:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter