"Norway? More like No Way!" Goobers' Jan 12 TR! Up.x2 4/6: FINAL THOUGHTS!

Boooo for your last day, but you did a great job of making the most of your last night in the MK!

A 4am wake up call is gross. Unless it's on your way to Disney- that's the only time I could get up that early. I love sleep.

I am sad to see this TR coming to a close. You have a knack for this, Dani! Plus, you guys just really seem to enjoy yourselves so much, that it's fun to tag along! :dance3:

You guys took some pretty awesome pics along the way, but I have to say that my fave is the one of you on your last night with your mickey premium. You are so immersed in the WDW magic in this pic....mickey premium, balloon shirt, anniversary pin, and pluto ears to top it all off!! I love it!!:lovestruc

I've been reading your whole trip report and you did a fabulous job! Sounds like such an awesome vacation! We're going for 2 weeks this Sept/Oct and I can.not.wait!
Just wondering where your DH got that "animal" shirt he was wearing the last day - my hubby would love that!
Keep up all the good trip reports!:goodvibes

Thank you so much! It was my first time but I'm glad you enjoyed it so much! We really had the best vacation ever! And that is AWESOME that you are going for 2 whole weeks in September and October!

Matt got the Animal shirt at Target, actually! I'm not sure they have it anymore, but every so often we see Muppets shirts there, so I'd keep an eye out!

Thanks again! :goodvibes

I've enjoyed your trip report SO much !! Sad to see it coming to an end but just in time for mine to start though ! Thanks for helping me get though to my trip with plenty of great updates and pics. :thumbsup2

Thank you so much! :) I'm sad, too, but excited to see your updates! I'll make sure to find your TR!! Those will definitely get me through the next 9 months!

There just really isn't anywhere quite as pretty at night as the Magic Kingdom!:cloud9:
Funny, your day was so relaxing and this same day was our "quadfecta" of all four parks from opening EMH through closing EMH. looking through your photos brought a smile to my face remembering what an awesome day it was!
Oh, and even without the chili burp I don't think I will ever do Stitch again! But give me Carousel of Progress any day! It is just so nostalgic to me. I used to think that was the coolest attraction ever when I was little! :laughing: Seriously, I thought the technology was amazing! And I guess it was for the 70's!

It's so true. It's beautiful at night!

That is really funny that you guys were basically doing the opposite of our day! SUPER impressed you pulled off doing opening EMH all the way to closing EMH!!

So many people feel the way you do about Stitch, but it's okay! I can see why people might not enjoy it. CoP is the best though, nostalgia for sure! I thought it was amazing technology even when it was the 90s! :rotfl:

UGH, I'm really annoyed because I typed out my comment (for once WITHOUT taking notes, I mean seriously, the ONE TIME I didn't) and then my internet went all wonky and decided that it wouldn't post what I had written and it was all GONE. BAHHH. Okay, let me try to remember what I said...

OMG I hate when that happens. I have to step back and not throw my computer, hahaha. Okay not really but it is wicked frustrating!

I love Stitch's Great Escape! Believe it or NOT, it is one of the four (YES, FOUR) MK attractions I've done on every Disney trip. I don't know why people hate it. It's supposed to be Stitch before he turned good, but we know he did turn good, so what's the problem, ya know? :confused3

I LOVE it, too, and I'm glad someone else enjoys it! I think people just don't like being in the dark? I don't really know, but I love it! I think it's cute, even when he spits on me. :laughing:

Disney is a MASTER of the forced perspective. Insane.

No kidding, it's seriously impressive.

OMG scary bride why???

She really is scary and creepy.

Aww, the bridge you're standing on was where we watched Wishes on our last night. Special. UM yeah, Mickey Premium Bars are SO GOOD! They're so simple yet so delicious!

Awww that's awesome! I loved that little bridge. It was out secret way of getting over to HM when it was crowded, haha. And yes, Mickey Premiums are AMAZING!

The castle looks AMAZING in that first PP photo. Goodness. Love the pictures! Dang though, Main Street looks packed!

I know, I love that! It's so beautiful at night. And yes, it got a bit busy on our way out! I think it was just busy in general by the time we were leaving Disney. It was kind of weird for that time of year. :confused3

Whatever, yall aren't leaving. (Clearly I'm in denial.)

UGH I know, I'm in denial, too. Major bummer, but at least I have another trip to plan for now! :yay:

Awww last night at the MK!!! I think that was definitely the most appropriate park choice for you guys to end your trip with! And I'm glad you didn't get stuck on Splash again!! :laughing:

4 am ME pickup time???? I don't think I could ever do that!!! :scared1:

I think it's just necessary to go back to MK to end things, especially at night! It's so beautiful! And trust me, I'm VERY happy we didn't get stuck on Splash again.. That was terrible! Hahaha.

It was actually a 5:10 pick up, but STILL yuck to being up at 4am. Buuut it IS nice to get back to Seattle by 11am and have the whole day to get settled back at home.

Italy?! Are they crazy? I sure hope you all figure it out soon... I feel like I've been saying that for 2 months.

Haha well it turns out there's good reason for it (little health scare that turned out okay but still)... However, we're hoping they realize the point exchange to go to a place like Italy is terrible and a waste of points, and instead maybe let us pay for points, so they can use that money towards a trip to Italy. It'd still save us money over renting points, and they could go to Italy. Hopefully things are sorted soon. We've got a a deadline of May 1st in finding out what we're going to do.

Oh this made me laugh so hard! Thanks, I'll be waiting.

Hahaha me too, I'll definitely let you know!

It made the ride more bearable!

I'm glad!

CoP is so so so good. I can't stand it when parents let their kids annoy other people! You need to catch this on video, haha.

It really is the best! I think I need to secretly capture it on video so you can see. It's pretty amazing.

I haven't done Stitch in forever! People hate on it so badly. I do miss Alien Encounter sometimes, but I don't hate Stitch.

I love Stitch! I remember being TERRIFIED of Alien Encounter when I was younger and wanted nothing to do with it, hahaha.

Have you seen a picture of how small Beast's castle actually is?! The forced perspective is crazy!
Well if I would have looked under the picture I would have seen that you were thinking the same thing! :laughing:

Hahaha yeah, it really is insane!

Yum! I could go for CHH right now instead of the Bagel Bites I just ate.

I could, too. Ugh writing this TR has been killing me. EVERYTHING LOOK SO GOOD!

I'm glad you guys got to ride HM one last time. The shooting arcade is something I haven't done in probably 12 or 13 years! Need to try that on my next trip!

I love HM and miss it. Also, the shooting arcade really is awesome. I feel like no one ever does it on the DIS but I enjoy it!

Churros in Frontierland taste even better than normal Disney churros. I'm assuming Mickey bars are about the same there because they are awesome no matter where you are! You're killing me with these food pics.

Those churros at the bombdotcom. And Mickey bars are the same and THE BEST EVER.

Splash. :lovestruc I love the exiting photos as well... Main St. is so pretty at night.

Yup, that's why I just love MK at night in general. It's so beautiful and the attractions look awesome lit up!

That chewy bar looks really good. Like I said, you're killing me tonight. I can't believe the reliving of your (our) trip(s) is almost over. :sad2: At least we will have your PTR to keep us entertained!

That chewy bar was so good! And yeah, I'm sad out trips are over, too! But indeed, my PTR should be fun! I'm glad you're excited for it, too! :goodvibes

Boooo for your last day, but you did a great job of making the most of your last night in the MK!

A 4am wake up call is gross. Unless it's on your way to Disney- that's the only time I could get up that early. I love sleep.

BOO indeed! We really enjoyed our night at MK and our final day as a whole was nice and relaxing! 4am was GROSS though. Especially knowing we were going home.. though we did miss our doggies and our bed! :laughing:

I am sad to see this TR coming to a close. You have a knack for this, Dani! Plus, you guys just really seem to enjoy yourselves so much, that it's fun to tag along! :dance3:

You guys took some pretty awesome pics along the way, but I have to say that my fave is the one of you on your last night with your mickey premium. You are so immersed in the WDW magic in this pic....mickey premium, balloon shirt, anniversary pin, and pluto ears to top it all off!! I love it!!:lovestruc

Aw thanks so much! I'm glad you enjoyed it and I'm glad I wasn't a total failure on my first TR ever, hahaha. We try to have a blast and laugh a LOT, so I'm glad people enjoyed our goofiness!

I loved your comment about that photo because I didn't really think about it.. but it's so true! It's amazing how you can find yourself just totally immersed in the magic of Disney World, and you totally hit it on the head. :)

Your last night in MK sounds wonderful! And so awesome that you managed to get all your snack credits used and didn't have to scramble at the end... I kept "saving" ours and then had like 14 left!

I'm sad this trip has come to an end but so excited to hear your plans for the next trip!

Your last night in MK sounds wonderful! And so awesome that you managed to get all your snack credits used and didn't have to scramble at the end... I kept "saving" ours and then had like 14 left!

I'm sad this trip has come to an end but so excited to hear your plans for the next trip!

It really was wonderful! And yes, we totally made good use of our snack credits, haha. I have a feeling if I'd saved them all I'd be coming home with a LOT of candy and rice krispie treats! :rotfl:

I'm sad, too, but like you said, VERY excited to plan this next trip! :yay: Hope to see you over in my PTR! :)

Chapter Fourty-Five: Everything must come to an end...

We woke up at 4am, and while half asleep, we got changed, and got ready to head home. We got to the check-in area pretty darn early, before it opened, and sat around and waited for the guy to open his kiosk.

Upon checking in, we realized there was an issue with checking me in. He kept getting some lame error, and I think it had to do with my maiden name being on my license (yeah, I'm FINALLY changing this on Thursday, haha) and my married name being on the reservation. We took my bag with us and checked Matt in, then waited for the ME to show up..

8bb849c2.jpg

339e29a0.jpg

e1389a58.jpg

Matt was feeling pretty sad..

80b419b6.jpg

The ME finally showed up shortly thereafter, and we were on it in no time..

0a36e7b4.jpg

Except these people held us up, then as the bus started to leave they started shouting that they had more people coming. The bus driver told them he was already running late (we were), and soon they realize they got on the WRONG ME. They were supposed to catch one 15-30 minutes later. FAIL.

And on top of it, they were freaking out thinking that the ME bus was going to take them to the "wrong airport"... What airport do you think they're taking people to?! Seriously?

So we left without their people, and they were complaining. I kind of wanted to smack all of them because of how annoying they were, and that they'd already held us up by an additional 15 minutes.

Anyway, we settled in for the bus ride, and Dug watched his friends on TV.. I love the videos on the Magical Express... though they do make me sad to be saying goodbye to my favorite characters!

99475936.jpg

We got through security relatively quickly, which is saying something because the lines at MCO's security are always RIDICULOUS.

71e9b21b.jpg

We rode the fake monorail back, and I was happy because it made me think of Disney..

0b6d7099.jpg

Then I promptly got sad when I realized it's just not the same as the REAL monorail.

Speaking of which, did you guys know we have an actual monorail here in Seattle? It always makes me smile whenever I see it pass over me in downtown Seattle!

c05e5a20.jpg

Anyway, I will say we both got VERY excited when we saw Starbucks in the distance. You have to realize that we live off of Starbucks here in Seattle (well, that and other awesome local coffee places), so we were pretty thrilled to have good coffee again in our lives.

6a84fed2.jpg

We waited for a bit, ate breakfast then before we knew it we were on our flight home. Now, we splurged this trip and got First Class (though we ended up having to give that up on our flight to Orlando since we had to switch our flight so last minute), so we were living the life of luxury on our flight home. Oh, and we were able to get Matt's airfare for $99.

Thanks to Alaska Airlines awesome Signature Visa Card, every time we fly to Orlando we get a companion fare for $99, once per year. It's pretty sweet... So much more space and so much comfier!

360b8444.jpg

e2a3ba42.jpg

Like any true DISer, I took photos of everything.

a8ba9b6c.jpg

477720d7.jpg

9cb9e297.jpg

cb9291c8.jpg

Who knew airline food was so amazingly good?! It was, and I enjoyed my mimosa and fancy First Class breakfast (if you couldn't tell, I don't fly in First very often, hahaha).

I bought the in-flight wifi and enjoyed surfing the internet while watching The Goonies for part of the flight home.. Yes, I was totally DISing while flying home, haha.

4df8e148.jpg

I also took some pretty photos, including one of a hidden Mickey!

f3808fa0.jpg

1a70c1f6.jpg

After a long flight home, we caught a cab in the dreary rain... Dug was looking out the window the whole time!

be6157cd.jpg

We came home to our little puppies and cat who were THRILLED to have us home, and chatted with our friends Bruce and Amy, gave them their gifts (which they loved), and then they showed us all of the damage from the snow, ice and wind storm we had while we were gone.. YAY FOR A MASSIVE TREE BRANCH IN MY POOL!

607784fe.jpg

71b0d3f7.jpg

Ugh yeah, there were so many massive branches all over our yard. Fortunately our neighbor had a guy remove that from our pool/property, since the tree is on his property, and my pool actually didn't sustain any damage.

After Bruce and Amy left, we gave Milo his new Mickey.. He really liked it!

00c73748.jpg

4b2910cb.jpg

We continued our tradition and hung up our hats with the ones from our honeymoon in our bedroom, as a reminder of the wonderful vacation we'd just had..

1e770a27.jpg

It was an amazing trip, and if scroll down you can see all of the souvenirs, too!

Next update on Thursday will be my final thoughts on this trip, and what the future holds for us when it comes to Disney World!

Souvenirs

I promised a post with souvenir pictures, soooo here we go! I got photos of most everything, aside from stuff we bought for other people and I'm sure I'm missing a few random items... But yeah!

We ended up bring home a TON of stuff from Disney World! I know some of it I've already posted in my TR, but I figure it can't hurt to check it all out again...

Splash Mountain towel
77c2cb8c.jpg

Disney World hoodie
33185855.jpg

Fun t-shirts!
42611ca4.jpg

acd35790.jpg

979985a4.jpg

9029743d.jpg

Pooh and Dug
d21a8aed.jpg

Milo's Mickey Mouse
2127163c.jpg

Stitch and a Mickey Premium antenna topper
b160c25e.jpg

a2d91f75.jpg

Disney food magnets!
d10a00b3.jpg

Gallery of Light Cinderella Castle
a096bdcd.jpg

Haunted Mansion attraction poster
1ddb1476.jpg

Pirates attraction poster
d02640a2.jpg

Haunted Mansion print
705b1a05.jpg

Animal Kingdom print
bf5e6132.jpg

Disney coloring book and Mickey pen!
bc4e3d6e.jpg

c8d57bb0.jpg

Stitch and Mickey hands
3789b456.jpg

Haunted Mansion key
4d2479f8.jpg

Haunted Mansion book (no picture!)

Wall-E and Eve Christmas ornament
97c1e159.jpg

New iPhone cover for Matt
fed81a09.jpg

LOTS of new pins!
06cde014.jpg

8b1b84c7.jpg

cae0cbc1.jpg

Thank you for the trip report! I can't imagine the work that these take....I enjoyed hearing all about your fun trip....

Love all your souvenirs...I like where you keep you Mickey hats! we said next trip we would definitely be getting some...I will have to copy your idea of where to put them!

Ah YEAH for FIRST CLASS!! :banana:

Okay, how annoying are those people? Ugh. Why couldn't they just get off the dang bus? Especially if they were on the wrong one without part of their group. Stop causing trouble and just get off the bus... goodness. :headache:

HOORAY FOR FIRST CLASS THOUGH! But boo... being home and no longer in Disney. I mean, we all know when we leave that we'll be back SOMEDAY. But when you're not exactly sure when that will be (as has always been the case for me when I'm leaving) it's extra sad.

Yall got some wonderful souvenirs! I'm jealous of the attraction posters. That's a really cool idea, I must say. I can't remember if you mentioned it but did they happen to have a Splash Mountain one? I love the pins, they're definitely my new obsession and I came SO CLOSE to buying the Ellie Badge one, but never did. :sad2:

Wow, can't believe you're done with this (besides the wrap up)! I hope you'll still be around the Dis a lot though!

That would be such a waste of points! Hopefully you guys can hurry up and figure something out soon! Glad everything turned out okay.

I can't wait to get the baby text within the next year or so. ;)

Please secretly record Matt. That would make my day!

Sorry I'm in a hurry right now! We can catch up later. :) I have a few minutes to read the update and I am so excited! I couldn't wait any longer. :rotfl:

Alright if it's dark while you're waiting for the ME in the morning it is TOO EARLY!!
I would not have been happy with those people delaying things.. I'm not a happy camper in general that early.

I'm sad I've never gotten to see the videos they play on the ME, or even ride it for that matter. Oh well, maybe one day it'll be cheaper to fly! :laughing:

The mini-monorail! Not as exciting as the real thing though. I am so jealous that Seattle has a monorail! I really think I want to visit there someday. It seems so nice. Starbucks is so nice after drinking Disney "coffee" all week.

What an awesome way to fly! That companion airfare deal is awesome! I love The Goonies, and that was a perfect way to enjoy the Dis. That food looks tasty too!

Yuck, what a way to arrive home. Rain is no fun when you're getting back from vacation. I'm glad that tree didn't damage the pool! I'm glad Milo loves that Mickey as much as I love mine. Your hats are adorable, and I love that you display them!

I love all the souvenirs that you two picked up along the way. You have the same taste as me, which is excellent. :rotfl:

I'm so sad this TR is almost completely done. It was my last connection to our trip. :sad1:

Awesome souvenirs! It's nice having a little Disney throughout the house to remind you of your happy place. Or at least that's my excuse for each new purchase ;)

I'm sorry to see your TR coming to an end!!! :(

Your airline food really didn't look too bad! I was pretty impressed to see asparagus there!

That massive branch in your pool doesn't exactly look like the most inviting welcome back! But at least you had lots of fun souvenirs to play with! I especially love your attraction posters! :thumbsup2

Ahh so sad to see you go. This has been such a great TR. You and Matt seem like such a great couple and I loved living vicariously through you guys. So thrilled for you that you have another trip coming up!!

Also, where did you get the Disney food magnets? I've never seen them before, but they're adorable! They need to add a dole whip and a turkey leg!

What an amazing report!!!! I'm so glad I found it--it's definitley been one of the best reports I've ever read!!

I loved seeing all the pics of the souvies--you got some good stuff. And I mean to comment on the coloring book back when you originally posted it--I love that you love to color cause I do too!! I agree that it's definitely a good way to relieve some stress!!

I'm excited to hear about your future plans!!

Thanks for taking the time to share such a fun and wonderful trip with us!

wow I can't believe your report is all but finished. I really enjoyed following it. The plane food on way home looked good!
I wish you happiness in your new job and look forward to your PTR - are you gonna put a link here for it?:rolleyes1

I was SO HAPPY I found your TR as it was AWESOME!

I tend to mostly be reading TR's from the time period I want to go this year but I am running out so moving onto more!

I LOVE all your souvenirs! I just started PIN collecting. I don't tend to buy many new ones though just trade the ones I have! My problem is I HATE lanyards!! I also love all the T-SHIRTS! And the MAGNETS ARE AWESOME!

Please post the link to your PTR when you get it going!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter