"Norway? More like No Way!" Goobers' Jan 12 TR! Up.x2 4/6: FINAL THOUGHTS!

Discussion in 'Completed Trip Reports' started by danimaroo, Jan 30, 2012.

1. dara00

dara00 DIS Veteran

are you sure Mickey wasn't pointing at you because you were wearing a Mickey shirt? In any case - cool! I think they added the MSEP that night because of Obama's visit the next day. A lot of things changed around...we weren't there that day, but I heard about it! I saw the MSEP on Monday night. :)

And yes about the non English speaking people getting in your personal space. Some girl tried to sit practically on top of my son and on the feet of the people standing next to us while we were waiting for the DHS parade. Luckily the CM nearby spoke her language and got her to move.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. danimaroo

danimaroo DIS Veteran

Aww, this is seriously such a nice compliment! I always wanted to write a TR that people actually got excited about reading, haha, I swear! This is my first one ever so I was a little nervous I wouldn't do so well with it but I'm having an absolute blast writing it so far and really enjoy going back and looking over our trip. It's a really fun way to keep the Disney spirit alive... until we start planning our next trip. :goodvibes

4. danimaroo

danimaroo DIS Veteran

5. danimaroo

danimaroo DIS Veteran

:rotfl: Gosh I am so sorry I started it before you were back! But I couldn't help it because I was so sad and missing Disney, I figured what better way to continue feeling the Disney spirit then to get crackin' on this TR?!

YAY glad you are caught up and enjoying yourself! We really had a wonderful view, and that is so exciting you guys had a view, too! I can't wait to see your photos in your TR! Thanks for stopping by and can't wait to read more of your TR! :goodvibes

Thanks for coming out of the wonderful land of Lurkdom and popping in to say hi. I really appreciate when people just stop by to say hi, even if it's the only comment in my TR. :goodvibes

Thank you for the compliments on the photos. I was constantly taking them and I'm glad I did for this TR! I hope a future trip happens because Disney really is the best place on earth. :cloud9:

AND HOORAY! Glad you like the long-windedness. Makes me feel not so crazy for having so many updates just for one day. :rotfl:

6. okw19

okw19 DIS Veteran

So many things in your reply make me glad. I'm glad we are Dis BFFs and we totally get each other. I'm glad Matt misses Imagination as much as I do. I'm glad you like babygirl stories. I'm glad that someone else loved Disney ducks like we do. I am SO glad you bought that picture and one of those awesome frames! I have one from the first time I rode it. :goodvibes: I'm glad we can say silly things like the bomb. I'm glad that when I get on tomorrow morning there will be another update (right? ;) )

7. danimaroo

danimaroo DIS Veteran

Ya know, this is one of the happiest replies I think I've gotten! Why are we so awesome? :laughing:

And I'm hoping to have an update posted quite soon! I wrote a bit last night and now just need to format it and all that fun stuff and I'll have a new happy post up before you know it! :yay:

8. okw19

okw19 DIS Veteran

We are awesome! :) I'm actually on the computer at work so maybe I'll catch your update later. It's a slow day today.

9. danimaroo

danimaroo DIS Veteran

Okay, before I go any further, I am totally kicking myself for forgetting a pretty vital detail to my previous chapter. :headache: After our Splash Mountain incident, Matt and I could not stop laughing at our photo, so we decided that it had to be our photo of the trip. We think it's a fun tradition to pick one attraction photo that has a funny memory attached to it, get it printed and choose a frame for it to display at home.

This was it, and when we got back to our room that night, I totally put it on display (I ended up cropping it more when we got home since Matt's face was kind of hiding due to the frame). We love it and it's now on display in our bedroom. :goodvibes

[​IMG]

Okay, onto Day 2!​

Chapter Eight: Um, is that Mickey Mouse being attacked?
    Day 2: January 19th, 2012

We woke up at a wake-up call, and I remember picking up the phone and being completely confused by what was on the other line. It sounded like someone was attacking Mickey, and had this evil laugh. I was so exhausted and half-asleep, I wasn't sure what I'd just heard.

Well I figured out what it was later on in our trip, when we'd gotten the same wake-up call but I was way less out of it... It was Stitch, and he was stirring up some trouble! It cracked me up because when I'd picked it up this particular morning, I was actually somewhat disturbed that Mickey was being attacked over the phone.

Anyway, we got ready for a fun day at Animal Kingdom, looking spiffy as always.

[​IMG]

We ate breakfast bars in our room, then got coffee in our handy dandy refillable mugs at the Market Place.

[​IMG]

We made our way to the bus stop, and I have it noted in my Trip Journal that the bus showed up right away. I'm telling you guys, we had pretty amazing luck with Disney transportation this trip!

[​IMG]

We enjoyed our coffee on the bus, which really woke us up and was pretty much a Godsend to us this morning as we were extra tired from the not getting much sleep in previous days.

[​IMG]

We got to Animal Kingdom and realized it was going to be a very beautiful day.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Of course I made us stop when we walked in for a little photo op of myself, and I'm pretty sure a PhotoPass picture as well.

[​IMG]

We then headed over to Asia, because there was a yeti calling my name.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We literally walked right on to Expedition Everest, stopping to look at some of (in my opinion) the best theming created for a Disney attraction. Seriously, they did such a good job with the museum, there's so much to look at in the queue!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

After our first trip with our yeti friend, we decided to take another trip and walked on again, this time opting to wait for the front.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Matt knows how much I love riding in the front, so he was a total trooper and I believe even suggested we wait so I could get my front row-fix on my absolute favorite attraction of all.

We had a total blast, though both agreed it was more terrifying going backwards in the front because you can see lights below and it just makes that part kind of scary.. I did get some excellent photos in front (all while the child in me was screaming that we were WAY too close to the edge of the mountain), and I was feeling pretty darn happy that we'd already been on it twice.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Just to back up here for a moment, during our honeymoon our record for this attraction was 10 rides, so we wanted to break that record and hit at least 11. We'll see if we actually reach the goal during our trip!

We then decided to grab FPs for later, and made our way out of Asia...

[​IMG]

but not without a big thumbs up from me in front of my favorite attraction!

[​IMG]

10. danimaroo

danimaroo DIS Veteran

Chapter Eight: Um, is that Mickey Mouse being attacked? CONTINUED
    Day 2: January 19th, 2012​

On our way to Kilimanjaro Safari, we stopped to take photos of the Tree of Life, and spotted a squirrel just chillin' on a stump. He looked pretty happy to be there!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We continued on our way, when I spotted something I'd been dying to see, and I'm glad we came across one of the more beautiful sights in Animal Kingdom... Devine!

[​IMG]

She seriously is so so cool to watch! I was really excited to get a photo of her/with her since she can be hard to find sometimes.

[​IMG]

Anyway, we finally got to Kilimanjaro and it said it was a 10 minute wait, but really the "wait" was just the walk through the queue. ;)

[​IMG]

We hopped into our safari vehicle, taking note to make sure that neither of us danced or jumped out of the vehicle.. :rotfl:

[​IMG]

And Matt found it to be pretty funny.

[​IMG]

We had a pretty active safari, getting to see giraffes and rhinos and all sorts of lovely safari friends!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

After a lovely safari ride, we were in need of some food. Our breakfast was super light, and our stomachs were yelling at us for some food. We took this as a cue to go hunt down one of our favorite snacks... Jalapeno cream cheese pretzels!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Yyyyup, they were delicious, as always. Great use of a snack credit because the pretzels are huge and so tasty. After we ate up all of our pretzels, we headed back to Expedition Everest to use our fast passes from earlier and get in one final ride before we left the park.

Well wouldn't you know it, we actually fell asleep on it.

[​IMG]

:laughing: I know, we are mega dorks, but it is way too fun to make stupid faces on attractions. You will see this happen many more times in this TR, so be on the look out for crazy amounts of awkward faces.

We headed out of Animal Kingdom, enjoying the sun and taking it easy.

[​IMG]

I seem to remember us heading out just as lots of crowds were coming in, so it was good timing on our part! We couldn't leave though until we tried on an awesome Dale hat first.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We made our way over to the Epcot bus stop at around 11am, and again waited for less than 5 minutes before a bus showed up. Score!

[​IMG]

Off we went on our next adventure... to Epcot!

[​IMG]

11. marDgreen88

marDgreen88 DIS Veteran

:laughing: I love that Splash frame!

Everest is the BEST! I love it so much, everything about it. I've always wanted to ride in the front!!!

I know a lot of people love Devine, but for some reason I find her so creepy! Haha I dunno. :confused3

Oooh, yay for Epcot coming up!

12. ash-n-brensmom

ash-n-brensmom DIS Veteran

We love to make funny faces in those pics, we have the kids in on it too!! Looks like a beautiful morning at AK...wish I was there right now!:cloud9:

13. Moodyzblu

Moodyzblu DIS Veteran

Loving your report !!! What a gorgeous day with that amazing blue sky. I just love FL weather. :love:

14. Fantasyland Mom

Fantasyland Mom DIS Veteran

You people are cracking.me.up! I'm not sure if I've told you that. In fact, I'm not even sure that I've told you I'm following along:rolleyes1.

I'm loving it...almost as much as I love those jalapeno cheese pretzels. Almost.

15. 407-W-DISNEY

407-W-DISNEY DIS Veteran

What a fantastic day! you guys did sooo much....and you took the red eye in! I don't think I would have made it past lunch...

I showed my DH the view of Spaceship Earth from your room...his mouth just about fell open!

You not long-winded at all! Love reading all the details....great TR!:thumbsup2

16. danimaroo

danimaroo DIS Veteran

Haha yes, another funny face-maker! I saw that you guys did on Spaceship Earth! That is our favorite attraction to make ridiculous faces on.

The whole 11 days we were there was unreal in terms of weather, except for our first day and then one other random day.. but I didn't mind a little rain to help clear out the crowds! :goodvibes

Can we just go back there now? :cloud9:

Yay thank you!! It was so so beautiful out, I would love to be there right now.. Though I guess I can't complain because it's sunny and nearing 60 here in Seattle. :laughing:

Okay, this comment just made my day because I am glad I am making people laugh with this TR! It's okay, I totally forget what I comment on and then I just pop in and say something without any introduction. :rotfl: I'm sure some people have just though I was some random lady! So don't even worry about it.

And can I just say I'd sell my left arm right now for a jalapeno cheese pretzel? I'm actually flattered your love for my TR is almost at the level of such a delicious treat. :rotfl:

17. danimaroo

danimaroo DIS Veteran

I know, it was seriously intense and we were really tired. We had a pretty early night that first night and I think got around 10 hours of sleep, which isn't too shabby! But just wait til you see the day we have planned for Sunday, Day 5. Day 1 is nothing in comparison to that day, but I'll eventually get to that point. :scared1:

And that's so funny about your DH's response because I'm pretty sure that was mine, too! It was so so neat and it was totally a big part of the crazy amounts of pixie dust we had thrown at us throughout the trip. pixiedust:

Glad you're enjoying all of the details, responses like this make it totally worth it to spend the time typing up a trip report and going through all of our photos. So really, thank you! :cloud9:

18. Twoboysnmygirl

Twoboysnmygirl DIS Veteran

Ha! I love the photo! Perfect. I had a wake up call on our first morning and we were all up and I hit speaker and my family was confused for a bit. I think Stitch makes it kind of confusing as to what's going on, although I didn't think he was being attacked. ;)

19. danimaroo

danimaroo DIS Veteran

Haha thank you, I thought it was pretty hilarious.. It's turned what was a not-so-fun incident into something pretty memorable. :rotfl:

That is funny about the speaker thing! I think had it been any other morning I would've totally figured out what was going on in that wake-up call, but this morning we were still catching up on sleep and I was SO out of it, I initially thought Mickey was being attacked by like, the Evil Queen or something.

That and it was so loud in my ear I could barely understand anything. When I finally did figure it out, I laughed so hard at myself. I'm such a dork! :lmao:

20. okw19

okw19 DIS Veteran

So yesterday at work I started reading and typing a reply for this update when I had to get up and do some things. When I came back 20 minutes later my laptop had done updates and rebooted so I lost it all. :( I was not a happy camper!

I am so glad you got that adorable frame! I still have one from my first ride on Splash. :)

The Mickey being attacked thing made me laugh out loud yesterday and this morning! That is so funny. I don't know what it sounds like since we never got to use a wake up call. (Didn't want to wake babygirl up) Your description is great though.

You guys seriously have the best t-shirts! Love them this morning as always and I'm still drooling over your iphone case.

We had GREAT luck with the buses too! Only had to wait a semi-long time 3 times over the course of the week and that was always leaving a park. Never had to wait at OKW which was awesome!

Love your pics of AK. I have a confession though. I never went through the regular queue at EE. I didn't get to see all the excellent theming everyone always raves about. We used the single rider line every time because no one was using it! We never waited more than a minute to ride! The pics you took from the front are so pretty. :)

Devine, woot woot!
    I love the "no dancing" signs! They are the best. Glad you guys had a good safari, we did too!
    Those pretzels look amazing. I need to try one ASAP so I'll just meet you in AK tomorrow, okay?

I AM SO GLAD YOU DO DORKY RIDE PICS! I made Anna do a million of these over the week and she thought I was crazy at first, but thankfully then realized that I was of course right in saying they are hilarious!

That Dale hat is so cute!
    To Epcot! :cool1:

21. danimaroo

danimaroo DIS Veteran