"Norway? More like No Way!" Goobers' Jan 12 TR! Up.x2 4/6: FINAL THOUGHTS!

That's soo cool having Magical Express to yourself!
I have to admit, I did a big laugh when I saw the pic of ALL the people waiting for ME! LOL :rotfl2:

Please take your time commenting on mine! It's really okay. Don't feel like you have to just because I commented on here! :goodvibes

I'm pretty much obsessed with the new Muppet movie. LOVED IT. I swear, Man or Muppet BETTER win the Oscar for Best Original Song!

Yall were seriously the only people on your ME bus?! THAT is crazy. I mean I know it was early but you never expect to be the only one doing anything in relation to Disney!

That picture of the arches is great! The sun rising really gives it a nice glow.
I'm gonna guess that you DID ride ToT this trip! I hope you did! My sister has a fear of elevators, too, and she loves it.

BEACH CLUB. I can't even tell you how envious I am of yall right now, wow. So lucky!!!

I'm pretty much obsessed with the new Muppet movie. LOVED IT. I swear, Man or Muppet BETTER win the Oscar for Best Original Song!

haha that song is sooo cheesy! I loved the movie too though. and got me a stuffed walter (for my 17 mos old...or for me...)!!

I love the muppets too so I was super excited to see it, as well as take my daughters to see it! They're 10 and 6 1/2 (and one of my oldest daughter's friends came with us, as well as another friend and her son). Well, we all LOVED the movie! My daughters and I loved it so much, we went to see it again with my mom and I downloaded the soundtrack off Itunes. My girls LOVE to listen to it in the car, especially "Man or a Muppet" and "Mahna Mahna" (which I have as my ringback tone on my cell)... So I completely understand your love of the Muppets. Used to watch it all the time as a kid.

That's soo cool having Magical Express to yourself!
I have to admit, I did a big laugh when I saw the pic of ALL the people waiting for ME! LOL :rotfl2:

Yeah it was so fun! But not that weird to us because LAST year when we arrived on the same exact flight around the same time, there was only one other couple on our bus with us. :laughing: I can't complain about being the only ones on the bus though, it made for a fun experience with our nice driver!

And yes, SO MANY people to fight through in line.. Ugh. ;)

Please take your time commenting on mine! It's really okay. Don't feel like you have to just because I commented on here! :goodvibes

Haha, I'd already commented at this point, but I seriously did want to comment, that's the thing! I'd just totally forgotten. Definitely no pressure over here. :goodvibes

I KNOW. I loved it so so much. And I know, that really better win for best original song. It was so brilliant, and they truly brought it to a whole new level in having Jim Parsons be Walter's human counterpart! I LOVE Big Bang Theory and I've always thought Jim Parsons/Sheldon looks like a Muppet. :rotfl:

Yall were seriously the only people on your ME bus?! THAT is crazy. I mean I know it was early but you never expect to be the only one doing anything in relation to Disney!

Yeah, isn't that insane? Last time we only had one other couple on our bus, too, though, so I guess it's not that weird for us now. :laughing: What WILL be weird is the time that we go and have a ton of people on it or even worse, have to wait in line.

That picture of the arches is great! The sun rising really gives it a nice glow.
I'm gonna guess that you DID ride ToT this trip! I hope you did! My sister has a fear of elevators, too, and she loves it.

I know, it really does! I was surprised I got it considering we were driving and some of my other photos came out blurry! I need to go in though and edit out the little black bits from the windshield so it looks prettier, and crop it. Don't be surprised if you come back to that photo and it's fixed (sometimes I'm a perfectionist). :laughing:

BEACH CLUB. I can't even tell you how envious I am of yall right now, wow. So lucky!!!

I felt very fortunate! It was our #1 choice when we called the Disney Vacation Club and when they told us they didn't have the ability to put us there for the full-stay at first, I was bummed. :sad1: But we booked BoardWalk Villas in hopes that maybe our wait list for BCV would come up. One day later, we found out we were staying at Beach club! :yay:

We are totally staying there from here on out though; the ability to walk to Epcot and take a Friendship boat to HS was just amazing. That and the resort itself is just WONDERFUL. I loved everything about it. :lovestruc

Thanks for commenting! :)

haha that song is sooo cheesy! I loved the movie too though. and got me a stuffed walter (for my 17 mos old...or for me...)!!

The song is pretty funny and amazing all at once... I mean that's kind of how the Muppets are, and it was a kind of joke montage to those type of songs/music videos... That's why I loved it so much. AND HI, JIM PARSONS was so perfect for being human-Walter! Plus, don't we all have days where we wonder if we're a man or a Muppet? :laughing:

I would love a stuffed Walter! He fit in so well with the gang; I was nervous he would be a bad addition.. but I loved him. :love:

I love the muppets too so I was super excited to see it, as well as take my daughters to see it! They're 10 and 6 1/2 (and one of my oldest daughter's friends came with us, as well as another friend and her son). Well, we all LOVED the movie! My daughters and I loved it so much, we went to see it again with my mom and I downloaded the soundtrack off Itunes. My girls LOVE to listen to it in the car, especially "Man or a Muppet" and "Mahna Mahna" (which I have as my ringback tone on my cell)... So I completely understand your love of the Muppets. Used to watch it all the time as a kid.

I am so glad you guys all loved it! It's so great for EVERYONE, and that's why the Muppets are so fantastic! The music is absolutely fantastic from it, and I constantly bust out singing "OR AM I A MUPPET (am I a Muppeeeettt?)"...

Watching A Muppet Christmas Carol is also a staple in our household around Christmas. It's gotta be my favorite version of A Christmas Carol to date. ("and Tiny Tim... who did NOT die!")

You guys are funny with your silly faces. Yay Beach Club !!! I so want to stay there some day. Looking forward to seeing your photos.

I love your report so far. So entertaining! I want more already! We are staying at the BCV in September. Can't wait!

You guys are funny with your silly faces. Yay Beach Club !!! I so want to stay there some day. Looking forward to seeing your photos.

Haha, we really are true goobers! I wasn't joking with my title. :laughing: We keep each other laughing, it's a secret to our relationship being so wonderful for nearly 9 years. :cloud9:

And yes, you totally should stay there. It is magnificent. I'll get more into the details of our room and other fun stuff in my next update, but it was just wonderful!

I can't wait to share them. It's hard because I am SO excited about this TR but also don't want to blow through it way too fast either. However, I have another update that should be good to go tomorrow morning, so be on the lookout! :yay:

I love your report so far. So entertaining! I want more already! We are staying at the BCV in September. Can't wait!

YAY! Thanks so much for commenting! :) I try to keep it fun, because that's basically my motto in life. :laughing:

Another update will be posted tomorrow morning! I didn't want to bombard people with another one today, since I feel like too many updates can be overwhelming, buuuut I have tomorrow's written and now just need to organize the photos for it. :thumbsup2

Have you stayed at BCV before?! Oh my gosh, I am in LOVE. We stayed at Grand Floridian and Old Key West during our honeymoon last year and while I loved them both, Beach Club REALLY takes the cake. I've been spoiled and then some.

If you've stayed there, then you understand my love for it! If you haven't, you are in for a real treat! :love:

Also, I grew up near Boston! (Moved out to Seattle in August of 2005).. I lived on the South Shore! Just thought I'd comment since I noticed your location. :goodvibes

haha, just wanted to laugh at myself for popping in and commenting on the Muppets and totally missing your update! that's awesome that the Muppets was on when you got to the bus, yay!!! (said in Kermit voice, of course).

danimaroo;4391720 [COLOR="DarkGreen" said:
YAY! Thanks so much for commenting! :) I try to keep it fun, because that's basically my motto in life. :laughing:

Another update will be posted tomorrow morning! I didn't want to bombard people with another one today, since I feel like too many updates can be overwhelming, buuuut I have tomorrow's written and now just need to organize the photos for it. :thumbsup2

Have you stayed at BCV before?! Oh my gosh, I am in LOVE. We stayed at Grand Floridian and Old Key West during our honeymoon last year and while I loved them both, Beach Club REALLY takes the cake. I've been spoiled and then some.

If you've stayed there, then you understand my love for it! If you haven't, you are in for a real treat! :love:

Also, I grew up near Boston! (Moved out to Seattle in August of 2005).. I lived on the South Shore! Just thought I'd comment since I noticed your location. :goodvibes
[/COLOR]

I have never stayed at the Beach Club... I have really never stayed on site, to be honest. I am pretty sure my head may explode with excitement when we arrive. I read (in either your PTR or TR, I am not sure since I loved your TR so much I am currently immersed in your PTR) that you grew up in MA. I am north of the city. Could you have moved ANY further away? ;)

Anyway, I look forward to your next installment. I am dying to know if you got the location you wanted. That's one thing I am not sure about in terms of BCV... whether to check in online or not. I really want 5th floor with an Epcot view, if I can see some fireworks. But you make a great point about road noise and the pool view. So I may be in need of your opinion.

Looking forward to reading more today!:banana:

I'm joining in! I love the title and can't wait to hear more about your trip. 11 days! I am so jealous. (By the way, I am also a huge fan of parenthesis!) And, you stayed at Beach Club-- definitely on my list of resorts to stay at! (Did I mention how jealous I am?!)

haha, just wanted to laugh at myself for popping in and commenting on the Muppets and totally missing your update! that's awesome that the Muppets was on when you got to the bus, yay!!! (said in Kermit voice, of course).

That's so funny! Hey, the Muppets can definitely be a distraction. :rotfl: But yes, it really was awesome and made us really happy! I think we also ended up hearing/seeing the video at World of Disney later on in our trip, which was just as awesome.

Also, loving the Kermit voice. :lmao:

I have never stayed at the Beach Club... I have really never stayed on site, to be honest. I am pretty sure my head may explode with excitement when we arrive. I read (in either your PTR or TR, I am not sure since I loved your TR so much I am currently immersed in your PTR) that you grew up in MA. I am north of the city. Could you have moved ANY further away? ;)

Anyway, I look forward to your next installment. I am dying to know if you got the location you wanted. That's one thing I am not sure about in terms of BCV... whether to check in online or not. I really want 5th floor with an Epcot view, if I can see some fireworks. But you make a great point about road noise and the pool view. So I may be in need of your opinion.

Looking forward to reading more today!:banana:

Yeah, I think mine might have. It felt like I was in some awesome dream when we got there. And yes, that was in my PTR! I did grow up in Boston, my Mom's side grew up in Dorchester (Southie pride!), and I have a massive Irish Catholic family on that side. Definitely makes family holidays crazy (my mom is one of 13! :scared1:)

Next installment will be up in about 10 minutes I'm thinking! And you'll definitely find out on the location and all that stuff, if we did online check-in, etc. After staying, I definitely have a preference on where we'll ask to stay next time, so whether or not that's from a bad room experience, well, you'll find out. :laughing:

I'm joining in! I love the title and can't wait to hear more about your trip. 11 days! I am so jealous. (By the way, I am also a huge fan of parenthesis!) And, you stayed at Beach Club-- definitely on my list of resorts to stay at! (Did I mention how jealous I am?!)

YAY! Thanks for commenting and joining in! The 11 days was amazing! I'm not sure we'll be able to do it again, but any time in Disney makes me a happy lady. The extra day was a bonus after our crazy last-second switching of flights... but gosh am I happy we had that extra day!

High five on the parentheses love! It's where I like to stuff my little asides/rambling comments. :rotfl:

And yes, you must stay there! So much Beach Club love up in this thread. :lovestruc

Chapter Three: Oh that Beach Club smell... "Mickey ears make everything better!"
Day 1: January 18th, 2012​

As we left off, we arrived at Beach Club around 7:30am. After I stared at the lobby in amazement and smelled that WONDERFUL Beach Club smell :cloud9: (no, really I wish I could just bottle it and smell it whenever I'm feeling sad and miss Beach Club), Matt and I made our way over to check-in! We didn't do online check-in because we were hoping to get our room requests fulfilled, and also because we still needed to buy our park tickets anyway and put them on our KTTW cards...

As we got to the counter, a nice man, whose name I did not write down, nor do I remember (what a bummer, because he was great!), started our check-in process with a very friendly smile. For some odd reason, our reservation was under my name as the main person, which wasn't a big deal, it was just weird.

Anyway, after giving him some information and my ID, he began checking us in and chatted with us about Seattle and the snow that we were about to be hit with..

He then asked us if we were celebrating our anniversary, and we said yes, so of course he gave us our lovely Anniversary pins! We asked if they had any rooms on a higher floor, to which he said he'd find out, and that he would also see if he could get us a room that was ready for us to check into.

Matt ran off to a bathroom while I hung out and the nice man chatted on the phone with who I'm guessing was the room-assigner. I took this time to sneak in a photo of the lobby because I was so darn excited to be staying here!

d21beb14.jpg

After about 5 minutes on the phone, he told me that our room was ready and that we'd be on the 4th floor! :yay:

I was pretty excited about this, because we not only did we get our request to be on a higher floor, but our room was actually ready! The guy had me sign something, and told me to sign by the Mickey ears. I told him that Mickey ears make everything better, when suddenly he told us to hold on... He grabbed a sharpie, asked what number anniversary we were celebrating, and then drew a little "1" with Mickey ears on our pins. It was pretty cute and I thought very nice of him.

9566e3ab.jpg

After we thanked him, we headed over to Concierge to have our tickets added to our KTTW. They were very friendly over there, so when I asked if we could do 11-day park tickets, they said it wasn't really possible unless we wanted to pay a bit more and then suggested maybe doing APs. Unfortunately we won't be back within the year (since our next vacation next year will probably be the same week as this one, or the week after), so after talking to Matt, we decided to just do the 10-day pass and have one day of our vacation be a total rest and relaxation day. I was totally good with this since we were going to be there for a LONG time, and really didn't mind being "forced" to spend a day hanging by Stormalong Bay, so they loaded our cards with our park tickets and we were good to go!

After swinging by the Marketplace to grab our refillable mugs that came with our dining plan, we walked through to the Beach Club Villas, took the elevator up, then walked a LONG time (and realized we totally could've gone a much short way to our room :lmao:).

8a372268.jpg

459, we found it. Fingers crossed that it would it be everything we hoped it would be!

We walked in and saw a nice clean room, with a kitchenette, a queen bed, a couch, a table with chairs, and all that good stuff. I've heard horror stories of people walking into rooms that were gross or not cleaned well, but ours was perfect, with a Mickey head on our bed to make things that much better!

fcd9eebc.jpg

8a26c0ab.jpg

a43ebcab.jpg

4654b238.jpg

871e871e.jpg

My first order of business though was seeing our view.

5ea3ab0f.jpg

I'd actually requested a pool view, but as soon as we got to our door I knew it was facing the other side. I was initially a little sad until I actually walked out on our balcony.

57243d3d.jpg

We could see the top of Spaceship Earth! :yay: And I was pretty sure we would be able to see the higher Fireworks for Illuminations at night (we'll find out if this actually holds to be true). I was pretty happy about this, and overall REALLY glad we ended up facing that way because we had total privacy if we wanted to go out on our balcony. We could also hear all of the music in England, which was really entertaining! Talk about a fantastic room. :thumbsup2

After we dropped our carry-on bags and sat down for a few moments, of course one of the first things I did was turn on the TV so we could watch STACEY!

3e074a54.jpg

After getting a little dose of Stacey in our lives (we're not the hugest fans but it's kind of a cardinal sin if you don't put her on while staying at a Disney resort), we both agreed: We needed some breakfast (and coffee!) and we needed to go play in a park for a little bit before we took a nap! We were just too excited to sleep at that moment, even though we were both pretty exhausted from the long overnight flight.

We headed back out to the Beach Club Marketplace, and realized our room location was pretty amazingly perfect for another reason: we were seriously just around the corner from the elevator (but not so close that it was loud at all), which is the one CLOSEST to the quiet villas pool! That ended up being really nice after a long day in the parks.

Of course I snapped some photos on our walk over...

42953511.jpg

I was really excited to swim in this quiet pool during the evenings or when we just needed some quiet time.

b9e79ea8.jpg

I LOVED walking through the breezeway every morning and night. It's so relaxing and beautiful.

310fb61e.jpg

Anyway, we got some coffee in our mugs (this is seriously what got me going in the mornings!), then we both got the egg and cheese croissant sandwich. After paying at the register with a cast member who was "earning her ears" (which is always fun to see!), we walked out to go find a nice place to sit and eat breakfast. But not without me taking some photos of course (I'm sure Matt was just wanting to sit down and eat at this point!)

a1197fa3.jpg

9a5da769.jpg

Talk about a perfect day at such a beautiful resort!

We decided to head over to a bench near the sunken pirate ship slide for Stormalong Bay. COOLEST THING EVER!

7b58d629.jpg

8bb77877.jpg

And hello amazing view of the lake and the Boardwalk!

aaa44c65.jpg

We munched on our breakfast, which was actually pretty darn tasty. It's the same croissant sandwich they serve at most QS places where you can get breakfast. I enjoy them!

4ee2dff2.jpg

While we ate, we took in the sun and warmth, which was such a huge change from Seattle weather. I was definitely happy I'd worn my shorts and t-shirt, because even though it was only like 8:30 at this point, it was WARM out! We talked over breakfast about what our first park would be, then made the decision to head on out!

I'm happy to take guesses on what our first park was AND what our first attraction was!

It sounds like the CM that checked you in was awesome. I absolutley LOVE your shirt; where'd you get that?! Your pictures are really, really selling me on Beach Club...beautiful!!!! I can't wait to hear where you headed first.

I like the croissant breakfast sandwiches, too. And, if I was staying at Beach Club, my first stop would Epcot. Because it's just a five minute walk. And they have Grey Goose Slushies !!

OH.....MY.....GAWD!!!!!!! That's the exact location I want!! I love your room. What a great start! I am guessing you went to Epcot. How could you not after looking at Spaceship earth from your balcony, like it was just calling your name. Yup, that's my guess.:thumbsup2

It sounds like the CM that checked you in was awesome. I absolutley LOVE your shirt; where'd you get that?! Your pictures are really, really selling me on Beach Club...beautiful!!!! I can't wait to hear where you headed first.

He was, and I'm kicking myself for not writing down his name, because otherwise I'd have written a nice compliment about him to Disney. :headache:

And thank you! Believe it or not, I got it at Walmart! I rarely shop there but I was there on Black Friday with a friend and saw it and bought it for the trip. Can't beat it for $7.50. It glows in the dark, which was really fun on rides with black lights. :laughing:

And yes, it is amazing! Hopefully I'll get a post done tomorrow so I don't leave everyone hanging for too long. ;)

I like the croissant breakfast sandwiches, too. And, if I was staying at Beach Club, my first stop would Epcot. Because it's just a five minute walk. And they have Grey Goose Slushies !!

Yeah, they're pretty tasty! I think we had them one other time during our stay, though I'd say we ate breakfast in our room about 60% of the time.. I think. I know we did pastries and coffee a few times.

We'll see if your prediction is right! ;)

OH.....MY.....GAWD!!!!!!! That's the exact location I want!! I love your room. What a great start! I am guessing you went to Epcot. How could you not after looking at Spaceship earth from your balcony, like it was just calling your name. Yup, that's my guess.:thumbsup2

It was excellent! I had a feeling when I posted this update you'd think that location was excellent. Well I can tell you it really was. I was slightly concerned about noise from the street but you couldn't hear a thing... I actually forgot the road was right there. And it was way more private than a pool view was! Really loved being able to see Spaceship Earth from our room all lit up at night. :cloud9:

I like your thinking... we'll see if seeing Spaceship Earth convinces us to head to Epcot. :laughing:

Okay I am ready to catch up! I am going to comment as I read so here it goes. :cool1:

That is way to early to be at the airport, but at least you were finally in FL! I like the mini-monorail, but it isn't the same without my favorite voice telling me to stand clear of the doors.

Empty ME and the Muppets?! What a perfect start to your day. :) I absolutely loved that movie and the soundtrack is great! That's probably my favorite song too.

Yay for a real ME bus and it was empty?! You guys were on a lucky streak this morning. Of course when I read Rocko I started singing the song too. :rotfl:

I'm glad you squealed too. So did I, and our arrival was at like 7pm after an all day car ride so no one really enjoyed my mild freakout. What a great shot you got of the welcome sign! It's glowing because angels were obviously rejoicing that you guys were there.

That's just so sad that you have been previously scarred by the Twilight Zone. As long as Matt didn't force you to go on it like this mean dad we rode with did to his crying son I won't have to beat him up :rotfl:

Yay! You're there! Woohoo for 4th floor and already ready for you!

Love the anniversary pins and obviously your shirt because those little aliens are stinkin' awesome.

Love the room, and the view. Looking at SE every morning? Umm, yes please. :goodvibes Also, Riley watched way more Stacey than anyone else. We would just flip it on while getting ready and I'd find her laying on the bed watching it. :laughing:

What an awesome breakfast. You're making me want to stay at the BC.

Can't wait to read more. :)

I'm brand new around here and planning my first trip to Disney World since I was a kid, and your TR is making me SO excited about going! I'm anxious to hear what happens next! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter