"Norway? More like No Way!" Goobers' Jan 12 TR! Up.x2 4/6: FINAL THOUGHTS!

Chapter Thirty-One: The attack of the hobo ducks!!
Day 7: January 24th, 2012

So if you paid attention to my PTR orrrrr the earlier part of my Day 1 chapters, you'll know what we were up to. If not, well don't even sweat it, because you're about to find out anyway!

We hopped on the monorail, because we were FINALLY doing our monorail tour! This had originally been something we planned for day ONE, but we put it off so we could spend more time in MK that day.

We didn't get off at the Contemporary because neither of us really loves the resort (I know, I'm sorry but I've always thought the Contemporary smelled weird!), and we just would rather spend more time at the Poly and Grand Floridian. But I did get a photo while we were stopped!

24e937a9.jpg

We then got off at the Polynesian and walked around for a bit..

efd580ed.jpg

45b924c2.jpg

THIS cracked us both up. We have nearly IDENTICAL tiling at home in our house as the Poly does in the elevators! I had to take a picture because it was so hilarious to us.

92d39f95.jpg

Of course I made Matt pose with the Lilo and Stitch surfboard..

32d06277.jpg

Then we went outside to check out the pool. I LOVE the volcano pool!

I remember when I was 12, we had dinner at the Luau. My favorite part of that night was sneaking into the Volcano pool with my brother and going down the slide like 20 times. Yes, we totally broke Disney rules but we had way too much fun. I don't think the Volcano was there yet but I do remember loving that pool!

f874ed4f.jpg

After touring the Poly for a bit (and ya know, I know people LOVE the Poly but I just don't think I would stay there. I LIKE it but I don't know! I don't love it like I love Beach Club or the Grand Floridian).. we headed back to the Grand Floridian, one of my favorites!

25bd7c8b.jpg

We stayed here for our first weekend of our honeymoon in a 5th floor lagoon view room. It was BEAUTIFUL. Yes, you get to see a few photos of our view from that room.

180529_301917584943_512794943_1172417_6556352_n.jpg

180496_301917594943_512794943_1172418_7924023_n.jpg

167783_301917619943_512794943_1172419_6341125_n.jpg

ANYWAY! Back to our current trip, haha. We sat down on this big comfy couch near the piano for a bit and relaxed..

225cc94e.jpg

f839ec00.jpg

6a9f3dd0.jpg

I just love the lobby at the Grand Floridian. It's so pretty! And I am SO excited they are putting in DVC villas here! This is the one resort that will probably tear me away from Beach Club at some point..

Anyway, we decided to head outside to sit down and eat our brownies from earlier.

792cc2d3.jpg

AND THEN! We had a run into with.. HOBO DUCKS!

8abd13af.jpg

92ce75ca.jpg

Okay, they were really cute and were NOT afraid to come up to us. At one point from CMs ran them off, but they totally came back and it was kind of hilarious. I can appreciate the persistence!

eb93e89d.jpg

While we sat and munched on our REALLY good brownies, I took some photos of my ring which I just LOVE!

6c5cfa19.jpg

After we finished up, we thought it would be fun to take the boat over to MK, but we JUST missed it, so we turned around and headed back towards the monorail..

3d0ec2f0.jpg

90de3557.jpg

ea6a6dc5.jpg

Up next... We head BACK to MK for more fun at my favorite park! And yes, I recognize this is a mighty short update but the next one is a double update so that would be kind of intense to have a TRIPLE update all in one day! :laughing:

Love the monorail tour. I totally agree with you on the Grand Floridian. Dh and I stayed here on our honeymoon for 10 days and we had a lagoon view of the Castle. (Not requested but totally a wonderful surprise! - Love that pixie dust!). We also love the Poly - I would love to stay here one day but I think it would be a toss up because I really LOVE the location of the Beach/Yacht Club.
I have to say, that like you, the Contemporary is probably my least favorite. The only redeeming quality it has (and more for my kids than dh and I) is that it goes through the hotel itself. I was fascinated with it when I was younger and my kids are now. But it would probably be my last choice.

MONORAIL tour! I'm totally doing that this summer. Only I WILL stop at the Contemporary. But that's because it will be my stop. Hahah.

Okay, the tile in the elevator was the same as in your house? Hahaha um, why just the elevator? That's funny!

GFLO is so pretty. I don't think I'm fancy enough to stay there. Hahaha. Um, I'M SORRY, you did NOT see Spaceship Earth from your room. WHAT THE HECK? That's so awesome!

OMG it looks like Matt is about to KICK the hobo ducks in that one photo. Ducks are precious. The second time they brought little birdie sidekicks with them.

MONORAIL AGAIN? Oh that's just lovely. I'm in love.

Thanks for the warm welcome marDgreen88 and danimaroo! I am excited to be here and the TR boards have been my favorite to lurk on!

I love your idea of a monorail resort tour! :goodvibes With the exception of AKL, I've never visited any of the deluxe resorts, but I have a reservation for Kona for my upcoming April trip and I'm so excited to visit the Poly! I think we'll take a page from your book and take the monorail over to the GF and Contempory to check those out too. I'm afraid once I've seen the amazingness of the deluxe resorts I will be eternally spoiled and never want to stay at a mod or value again! :rotfl2:

I'm looking forward to your upcoming double update!

Haha, yup! It's a tungsten ring with a carbon fiber inset. I love it! Good taste :)
Awesome! I love those bands. Thanks. :)

YAY! I know, it was hard not telling everyone HI I MET PUSH AND WE CHATTED ABOUT LIFE. The PP photographer was awesome for catching it because otherwise it just wouldn't be the same. And yes, Matt's shirt ruled. I know, I was laughing so hard at it because I had no idea how PUSH worked!
I'm still a little jealous I didn't get to talk to him! Glad you guys did! :) I spotted his "handler" one day. He dresses in plain clothes and carries a messenger bag with the controls in it. Then has a little mic in his hand.
But I hate when it's hot and humid because you never dry off and THAT'S when it's not so fun.
That is the worst! Glad it wasn't bad this trip.
I know Matt already answered this, but yes, it's carbon fiber! It almost has a checkered pattern if you look at it closely. I think we have such good taste, don't we?!
We have excellent taste! :)
DINGDING! You are so right, yay. I forgot about that! I was hoping we'd run into you!
Yay!!! I think we run into each other tomorrow? :laughing:

No stop at the Contemporary? I guess when you compare it to the other two it does kind of lose. I still love it though.

I like the Poly :goodvibes That's too funny about the tile! I think that pool looks so fun so I don't mind that you broke the rules. :lmao: That is a beautiful pic. I am so with you about not being sure about it. I think I'd like to stay there or at the Contemporary just once since they're classics.

What an awesome view you had when you stayed at the GF! The lobby is gorgeous. MORE HOBO DUCKS!! I don't ever get tired of them or your new ring.

Another monorail ride!! :)

Oh, man. Every time I see Push, I cringe. Here's a little story: a couple of years ago, Push came up and started talking to Julia. She was obviously freaked out and hid behind my legs...and then he started taunting her:sad2:. Seriously, she was four! And he was making fun of her for being scared. At first I was trying to laugh it off while reassuring her, but he just kept on and on and on. She was crying, he was antagonizing her more, and she was crying more. It got to be so much that she was sobbing, and I had to pick her up and walk away over next to Enchanted Grove away from him because he just would not stop, which made us lose our place in line for seeing Alice and the White Rabbit. I ended up taking having to hold her for a while, and eventually she let me take her into the restrooms and wash her face off. It took a good thirty minutes for her to calm down. I was LIVID:mad:. I wanted to kick the trash can, but then I reminded myself that it was a man somewhere voicing him...then I wanted to kick HIM! Unfortunately, with all that screaming and crying, I didn't have the time (or the wits about me) to look around for the guy with the satchel, but if I had, I would have let him have it. I could not believe that he was ruining the day of a little kid just to get laughs out of the other guests!
Okay, end of story/rant.
But I hate Push.

Aaaaanyway...
I have never tried those corn dog nuggets, and darn it, I'm going to next trip! Mark my words!

I can't believe you went back on Splash after your time stuck at the worst possible spot. I don't think I'd be able to do it. You people are real troopers!

I heart hobo ducks.:lovestruc

We have that tile in our house, too. Love your Push photos. And Matt's shirt is awesome. I am sooooo looking forward to the DVC villas at GF. I bet the points will be crazy though.

Love the monorail tour. I totally agree with you on the Grand Floridian. Dh and I stayed here on our honeymoon for 10 days and we had a lagoon view of the Castle. (Not requested but totally a wonderful surprise! - Love that pixie dust!). We also love the Poly - I would love to stay here one day but I think it would be a toss up because I really LOVE the location of the Beach/Yacht Club.
I have to say, that like you, the Contemporary is probably my least favorite. The only redeeming quality it has (and more for my kids than dh and I) is that it goes through the hotel itself. I was fascinated with it when I was younger and my kids are now. But it would probably be my last choice.

I just LOVE the Grand Floridian! It's so pretty. :cloud9: Yeah I just don't know why but while I do enjoy visiting the Poly, I'm just not wanting to stay there. I can't really explain why! But I would much rather be at the BC, I just love it over there.

I agree with the monorail going through the Contemporary; I'd be fascinated by it as a child. AND I do think Bay Lake Tower is pretty! I just don't really love the Contemporary itself. :confused3

MONORAIL tour! I'm totally doing that this summer. Only I WILL stop at the Contemporary. But that's because it will be my stop. Hahah.

Haha it's really fun to do the monorail tour! Gives you a chance to enjoy all of the resorts while on the best mode of transportation ever!

Okay, the tile in the elevator was the same as in your house? Hahaha um, why just the elevator? That's funny!

Haha yeah, it's so weird! Like it's not identical but very close to it. Our is probably nicer looking just because it's had less foot traffic. But yeah, we were laughing at it!

GFLO is so pretty. I don't think I'm fancy enough to stay there. Hahaha. Um, I'M SORRY, you did NOT see Spaceship Earth from your room. WHAT THE HECK? That's so awesome!

See I didn't think I was fancy enough to stay there but then I did and I was like... ummmm yes this is lovely. HOWEVER, Beach Club is still better in my book. I just like that it's classy but not over-the-top, if that makes sense. And yes, our view from that room was ridonkulous. We could also see MK to the left. I always felt like I was peeping on people at the Poly pool, hahaha.

OMG it looks like Matt is about to KICK the hobo ducks in that one photo. Ducks are precious. The second time they brought little birdie sidekicks with them.

HAHAHA I did not notice that, but Matt loves the hobo ducks sooo no kicking was involved! In fact, you can totally see in another photo that he gave them a little food. :rolleyes1 Those little birds were all over the place and just as hoboish as the ducks.

MONORAIL AGAIN? Oh that's just lovely. I'm in love.

Yes, the boat left for a reason... It was someone telling us, "YOU MUST ENJOY THE MONORAIL AGAIN!"

Thanks for the warm welcome marDgreen88 and danimaroo! I am excited to be here and the TR boards have been my favorite to lurk on!

Of course! I love the TR boards, too. It's definitely where I started looking and then of course posting. :goodvibes

I love your idea of a monorail resort tour! :goodvibes With the exception of AKL, I've never visited any of the deluxe resorts, but I have a reservation for Kona for my upcoming April trip and I'm so excited to visit the Poly! I think we'll take a page from your book and take the monorail over to the GF and Contempory to check those out too. I'm afraid once I've seen the amazingness of the deluxe resorts I will be eternally spoiled and never want to stay at a mod or value again! :rotfl2:

The tour is REALLY fun to do! It's always been fun to just walk around other resorts and see what they're like, you know? I still haven't been to AKL, so that is something we'll have to check out next trip! You should definitely try to stop by the other resorts after you eat at Kona! And it's kind of true, once you see a deluxe it's just.. over. I grew up staying in mods and values and then was totally spoiled during our honeymoon. Fortunately DVC is in the family so we've lucked out with that, because otherwise we would not be affording to stay at the deluxes, at least right now. :rotfl:

I'm looking forward to your upcoming double update!

It should be up quite soon! I'm just finishing up the replies and then posting the double update! :yay:

Awesome! I love those bands. Thanks. :)

I agree! They're different! The problem is that you can't resize them, and since Matt has lost a lot of weight, he's on his second wedding ring, but we need to get him ANOTHER one. :laughing:

I'm still a little jealous I didn't get to talk to him! Glad you guys did! :) I spotted his "handler" one day. He dresses in plain clothes and carries a messenger bag with the controls in it. Then has a little mic in his hand.

Haha he was delightful! It was just nice since we weren't even trying to talk to him. He just strolled on up to us and started singing. Next time I see him I'm totally going to try to find the person controlling him!

That is the worst! Glad it wasn't bad this trip.We have excellent taste! :) Yay!!! I think we run into each other tomorrow? :laughing:

Yessss we do run into each other tomorrow! Good memory. :thumbsup2

No stop at the Contemporary? I guess when you compare it to the other two it does kind of lose. I still love it though.

Yeah, we stopped there last time but neither of us really love it so we just skipped it to spend more time at the other two. I dunno, it just smells weird to me! Though I kind of wished we'd checked out BLT since I am interested in seeing what it looks like! Maybe next trip we'll check it out.

I like the Poly :goodvibes That's too funny about the tile! I think that pool looks so fun so I don't mind that you broke the rules. :lmao:

Haha we were little rebels and my Mom totally let us do it. No one cared so whatever! And it was so much fun to us so we were like yup, we're breaking rules aaaand don't care.

That is a beautiful pic. I am so with you about not being sure about it. I think I'd like to stay there or at the Contemporary just once since they're classics.

Yeah I agree. It's fun staying at the classic resorts.

What an awesome view you had when you stayed at the GF! The lobby is gorgeous. MORE HOBO DUCKS!! I don't ever get tired of them or your new ring.

I know, it was kind of ridiculous! I remember being so excited with that view. And I love the lobby. It's definitely a little higher class but I still enjoy it! And yes, hobo ducks are the bombdotcom!

Another monorail ride!! :)

YUP! BECAUSE THE MONORAIL IS THE BEST!

Oh, man. Every time I see Push, I cringe. Here's a little story: a couple of years ago, Push came up and started talking to Julia. She was obviously freaked out and hid behind my legs...and then he started taunting her:sad2:. Seriously, she was four! And he was making fun of her for being scared. At first I was trying to laugh it off while reassuring her, but he just kept on and on and on. She was crying, he was antagonizing her more, and she was crying more. It got to be so much that she was sobbing, and I had to pick her up and walk away over next to Enchanted Grove away from him because he just would not stop, which made us lose our place in line for seeing Alice and the White Rabbit. I ended up taking having to hold her for a while, and eventually she let me take her into the restrooms and wash her face off. It took a good thirty minutes for her to calm down. I was LIVID:mad:. I wanted to kick the trash can, but then I reminded myself that it was a man somewhere voicing him...then I wanted to kick HIM! Unfortunately, with all that screaming and crying, I didn't have the time (or the wits about me) to look around for the guy with the satchel, but if I had, I would have let him have it. I could not believe that he was ruining the day of a little kid just to get laughs out of the other guests!
Okay, end of story/rant.
But I hate Push.

Okay this is the saddest story ever! I would've been livid if that happened to my kid, too! That's pretty lame that he wouldn't let up and now has probably scarred Julia for life. :sad2: I'm not going to lie, I kind of laughed at picturing you kicking the trash can. :rotfl:

Aaaaanyway...
I have never tried those corn dog nuggets, and darn it, I'm going to next trip! Mark my words!

They're really tasty! I would get them again!

I can't believe you went back on Splash after your time stuck at the worst possible spot. I don't think I'd be able to do it. You people are real troopers!

Haha we don't mess around! That and Splash is my absolute favorite in MK, and since it's not usually open in January, we took advantage of that and then some! We got stuck a few more times while on it but nothing like the 50 minutes from the first time.

I heart hobo ducks.:lovestruc

Me too. I kind of wanted to take one home with me!

We have that tile in our house, too. Love your Push photos. And Matt's shirt is awesome. I am sooooo looking forward to the DVC villas at GF. I bet the points will be crazy though.

Haha that is so funny! I cannot wait for the DVC Villas at GF, but I agree, the points will probably be absurd. But who knows, maybe they won't be totally terrible for a studio in January! Fingers crossed anyway. :goodvibes

Chapter Thirty-Two: "Holy cow, we went on how many attractions?!"
Day 7: January 24th, 2012

We arrived back in MK, and as we walked in I called Disney Dining Reservations to change the time of our ADR for the next night (at Cape May), because we thought it'd be better to push it back to 6:50.

The parade was happening, so we danced as we walked along to Tomorrowland..

a71c5137.jpg

Once there, we decided to hop on one of our FAVORITES, the PeopleMover. It is such a relaxing attraction!

9b60089c.jpg

5f5110e2.jpg

We got temporarily stopped, so I took a picture of my new bird friend while we waited...

b1719d08.jpg

After that, Buzz and everything else in Tomorrowland was a bit busy, so we decided to go use our Splash Mountain FPs from earlier. Definitely glad we did because it was a 50 minute wait! Yeah, NOPE. :laughing:

Of course, we got put in the front AGAIN (which had me cracking up as Matt just gave out a defeated sigh, luck was not on his side)..

e8d74c49.jpg

We ended our day in MK by going on Haunted Mansion one last time. We then headed out to catch a bus because we REALLY needed a break.

0b18c88a.jpg

d55da641.jpg

Matt was tired, if you couldn't tell. Back in the room, we introduced Pooh to Dug. They became friends instantly!

6d52f33c.jpg

We then went down to the quiet pool to go swimming and it was GLORIOUS! It felt amazing because of how hot out it was and our muscles/feet needed some pool time! I'm telling you, the pool was our saving grace.

We then went back to our room and got ready, heading out for Epcot around 7ish. We strolled over to Mexico so we could get some dinner! I LOVE the CS in Mexico; it's one of my favorites! I could eat Mexican food all day every day, while Matt feels that way about Chinese food. Anyway, we both got the same thing. The Tacos de Carne and churros.

e247e5b3.jpg

ad23af8b.jpg

0e941d40.jpg

OMG they were so good! We'd gotten the nachos last year, but these were VERY tasty and perfect. Of course the churros were delicious, as well!

After we finished eating, we went over to Norway to get some School Bread for later! YUM! Everything always looks amazing in there..

73c47dc1.jpg

436c45a2.jpg

After squishing our school bread into my backpack, we went on Maelstrom, which I have noted was our 12th ride of the day! After we enjoyed ourselves on Maelstrom, we made our way back to Art of Disney. We stopped to look at this map of WS, and laughed because neither of us understands WHY they felt it was necessary to call it "The American Adventure".. Why couldn't they just do United States?! Ohhh Disney, we just love your patriotism!

1431bac2.jpg

Chapter Thirty-Two: "Holy cow, we went on how many attractions?!" CONTINUED
Day 7: January 24th, 2012​

We enjoyed the view of SE at night on our walk over..

0e851bb2.jpg

And of course I had to stop and watch the fountain!

c0e99e05.jpg

964f34eb.jpg

We got to Art of Disney and decided to make a really big purchase. We bought our friends (same ones dogsitting) their big gift, which was the Gallery of Light of Sleeping Beauty's Castle in Disneyland. They LOVE Disneyland and so we thought it made the most sense (unfortunately I don't have a photo of theirs because uh, we didn't want to open it before giving it to them, haha).

We also decided to get ourselves the Cinderella Castle version. It's BEAUTIFUL. My photos don't really do it justice. What's cool are the colors on the castle change, as do the fireworks, while Cinderella and Prince Charming look on... But I think my favorite part is that they actually have a shadow of Mickey and Walt at the bottom, which is kind of hard to see in the photos... There is SO MUCH detail in it! It makes for a beautiful addition to our Gallery of Light collection that we already have!

a096bdcd.jpg

ceabbc51.jpg

Unfortunately, I had to send it back to Disney. This box actually stays lit at all times, and has two lighting settings, so it comes with an AC adapter so you don't drain through batteries. The CM at Art of Disney unfortunately didn't check the box to make sure it worked, which they did during our last trip.

SO unfortunately when we went to plug it in, it wouldn't turn on. We put batteries in and it worked, so we figured it was the AC adapter. Disney sent us a new adapter, and talk about being disappointed when THAT wouldn't work either. :( So we sent the whole thing back to them (they paid for everything shipping-wise), so hopefully we get a new working one very soon! I miss having it on our mantle.

ANYWAY, sorry for my sob story. Back to the trip!

After we spent a butt ton of money, we decided to go spend more at MouseGears, haha. Matt bought another new t-shirt, which is an old school vintage Walt Disney World t-shirt (which you will see in an upcoming day, promise!) and a Stitch antenna ball for his car. I bought my sister a cute pink Disney World t-shirt and a stuffed Sully, as he's her favorite. We always buy her some stuff then send her a care package to her college. This is a photo she took after she got everything from us; she LOVED it.

428948_10151237581680082_815740081_22846393_1505355517_n.jpg

By now it was 8, so we decided to go on Spaceship Earth for a quick ride before we'd get some ice cream and watch Illuminations. OF COURSE we got stopped for 10 minutes by this guy..

a4404e19.jpg

We made friends with the British man sitting in front of us who was doing Disney solo, haha, then finally got moving along. We took some absurd SE photos again..

0e464c81.jpg

e0a1f5e1.jpg

By the time we got off of SE, the only way we were going to get ice cream was if Matt ran away while I kept all of our bags and stuff. So he ran ahead, while I slowly made my way over. I was texting back and forth with Rachel, when I finally caught up to Matt who was still in line getting our ice cream. Matt came over and we found a spot to enjoy our ice cream and Illuminations..

bca38df0.jpg

3d85027f.jpg

After an excellent display of fireworks and lots of love for the whoooole world, we headed back to our resort. We got some drinks in our mugs, took showers and relaxed. Of course our school bread was calling our names!

07ee42ad.jpg

We ate that, and snuggled in bed with these two..

b6e00b31.jpg

A long but amazingly fun day!

Tomorrow we explore more parks, spread a little pixie dust of our own, and had our first not-so-fun ADR experience!

Yeah for the double post!
I'm glad Pooh and Dug became fast friends! What would you have done if they didn't get along???...LOL

Have not yet tried the schoolbread..it will have to be a must on the list for next time...

Holy Cow! You guys had the marathon day of rides! Matt did look tired...it is a good thing that you had the pool!

Sorry about your Galery of Light box not working...let us know when you get it back!

Wow, what a day...makes me tired just reading about it!

I thought it was funny when you said you don't care for the way the Contemporary smells!

My hubby and I also LOVE the CS in Mexico! We try and eat there each trip. The churros are the best!

And I've already told my hubby that we HAVE to try the Schoolbread on our next trip as well...I've read so many reports that mention it, and everyone's loved it, so it's definitely on our list!!

OH THAT PARADE. It's so happy and adorable.

The PeopleMover is like, perfect, to be honest. I mean you'd think that just sitting in a little blue thing and moving along would be boring as heck. BUT its just not! And all the views are spectacular. That second TTA pic just proves it. AHHH.

HAHA! That bird! It seems like these birds just FLOCK to yall. (HAHA, get it? Told ya I'm a fan of the corny.)

Hahahah he just looks WIPED. So funny. I'm glad Dug and Pooh got along so well. Ya know, sometimes the first born gets a little jealous but it's good to see there were no issues there.

Hahaha who knows why they call it the American Adventure? Probably because most people would be like "BUT WE'RE ALREADY IN AMERICA." The world may never know.

Those fountains just SCREAM Epcot to me. Ahhh. Good times.

That Gallery of Light (what exactly is that? I've never heard of it) is BEAUTIFUL! Oh my gosh, I love it. And I can see the shadow of Mickey (I think) at least! BUT AWW! :( How sad that it wasn't working. I hope you get it back soon!

AHH, I have that shirt you got for your sister! I love it. Good choice haha. :thumbsup2

I am cracking up at your SE photos. HAHAHA! Too good. AND HOORAY FOR ILLUMINATIONS. Such a brilliant show.

I LOVE that Gallery of Light thingy...what exactly is it? I need it in my life (working, of course)!

I have that same shirt you bought your sister!

Ice cream is definitely what has been missing from my Illuminations experience!

I'd love to meet you sometime, but remind me not to ride things with you, as they will get stuck:rotfl2:. Splash and SSE?! What luck!

Oops I got a little behind but all caught up now.
We love touring other resorts too. Such a good way for a break! My favorite is to get lunch and sit and relax at the Poly although I absolutely love the GF! And now that they are finally building me, I mean everyone:rolleyes1, DVC I will get to stay there:yay:
Poor Matt! They must have his picture up backstage at Splash Mtn so they know to always stick him in front!:confused3
Love that Gallery of Light! So pretty! I've never seen them before so that's definitely something to check into next time.
Great picture of Illuminations! What camera do you guys use?
Walking back "home" from World Showcase:cloud9:Why I love, love, love my Boardwalk! (still want to stay at BC one day too though)
Ok, I'll try to keep up so the response won't be so rambling next time :upsidedow

I have read about the school bread on lots of TRs but seeing the pic of everything on offer in that bakery I wonder how you stop at just 1 thing! Matt looks really tired in that pic and it made me laugh because going to wdw has got to be the hardest working holiday there is but we keep goin back:rotfl:

Yeah for the double post!
I'm glad Pooh and Dug became fast friends! What would you have done if they didn't get along???...LOL

I would've been pretty bummed! They are BFFs though so it's okay. ;)

Have not yet tried the schoolbread..it will have to be a must on the list for next time...

You really should. I just LOVE it. I was afraid I wouldn't because I know some people don't enjoy it but OMG it's so good. I am obsessed with coconut and love custard though, so there you go. :laughing:

Holy Cow! You guys had the marathon day of rides! Matt did look tired...it is a good thing that you had the pool!

Yes we did, and it totally was unexpected in how it happened! We were both tired, but he was just done, hahaha. The pool was amazing that day.

Sorry about your Galery of Light box not working...let us know when you get it back!

Funny enough, it came in yesterday! We plugged it in and it works and it's beautiful! Weird because this one actually turns off, while the first one didn't turn off at all. I think the one we got was just super broken. :laughing: Glad we got a new one though, even though it took forever.. We spent a lot of money on it! :scared1:

Wow, what a day...makes me tired just reading about it!

Haha me too! Looking back I am AMAZED at the amount of stuff we did every single day. It's insane.

I thought it was funny when you said you don't care for the way the Contemporary smells!

Haha I swear one time we went there it just smelled weird to me! I don't know how to explain it. I DO want to see Bay Lake Tower though so I'll have to go there again.

My hubby and I also LOVE the CS in Mexico! We try and eat there each trip. The churros are the best!

OMG I love it. It's one of my favorite CS spots! And yes, those churros are so so good.

And I've already told my hubby that we HAVE to try the Schoolbread on our next trip as well...I've read so many reports that mention it, and everyone's loved it, so it's definitely on our list!![

YAY! You should totally try it! I had heard of a few people not liking it but I LOVED it. If you like custard and coconut, I'm sure you'll love it. :goodvibes

OH THAT PARADE. It's so happy and adorable.

It really is! I love everyone dancing and being happy.

The PeopleMover is like, perfect, to be honest. I mean you'd think that just sitting in a little blue thing and moving along would be boring as heck. BUT its just not! And all the views are spectacular. That second TTA pic just proves it. AHHH.

It really is so perfect! It's so relaxing but also entertaining. I could ride it over and over gain. And thank you for noticing that photo, I thought it was so pretty!

HAHA! That bird! It seems like these birds just FLOCK to yall. (HAHA, get it? Told ya I'm a fan of the corny.)

HAHAHAHA I laughed at your joke., I won't lie.

Hahahah he just looks WIPED. So funny. I'm glad Dug and Pooh got along so well. Ya know, sometimes the first born gets a little jealous but it's good to see there were no issues there.

He really was exhausted, hahaha. It would've been terrible if they didn't become friends. I'm not sure what we would've done. We were a little nervous about Dug not liking him but they're BFFs.

Hahaha who knows why they call it the American Adventure? Probably because most people would be like "BUT WE'RE ALREADY IN AMERICA." The world may never know.

Haha it's just so bizarre to me. I mean, that must be why but I just think it's hilarious that like all the other countries are just their names, but then the USA just HAS to be an American Adventure. :laughing:

Those fountains just SCREAM Epcot to me. Ahhh. Good times.

I know and they're so fun to watch! I always found myself stopping to watch and Matt getting way ahead of me, hahaha.

That Gallery of Light (what exactly is that? I've never heard of it) is BEAUTIFUL! Oh my gosh, I love it. And I can see the shadow of Mickey (I think) at least! BUT AWW! :( How sad that it wasn't working. I hope you get it back soon!

Okay next time you're in Disney, go into an Art of Disney (or any of the fancier stores) and they usually have a case full of the Gallery of Light boxes that they're selling. They're designed by a man named Robert Olszewski, who basically works on miniature artpieces. Basically Disney moments recreated in miniature size. They're absolutely beautiful pieces. If you feel like looking at more of them, you can read about them here. He's made a ton of different ones!

And yes, the shadow is at the very bottom of Mickey and Walt pointing. We got the new one yesterday and it's wonderful and so pretty as the colors change on the castle. :cloud9:

AHH, I have that shirt you got for your sister! I love it. Good choice haha. :thumbsup2

HAHA YES! She loves the color pink so I knew I had to get it for her!

I am cracking up at your SE photos. HAHAHA! Too good. AND HOORAY FOR ILLUMINATIONS. Such a brilliant show.

Hahaha we are such goons. We totally make ridiculous faces and don't tell each other what the other person did, so then it's a fun surprise at the end.

busy and fun day! I love the stuffed animals!

Definitely a fun but busy day! And yeah, they're pretty cute together. :goodvibes

I LOVE that Gallery of Light thingy...what exactly is it? I need it in my life (working, of course)!

It's basically a box that lights up and shows a miniature version of something Disney. Like, we have one of the hitchhiking ghosts and then one of Jack and Sally embracing from Nightmare Before Christmas. They're like a 3d shadow box almost of the scene and have a TON of details. Really neat to have them on our mantle, and you can turn on the box and it illuminates the whole box. Hard to explain, you can find them at any of the Art of Disney stores or fancier stores.. They're usually turned on in a glass case. They're really beautiful pieces of artwork!

I have that same shirt you bought your sister!

Haha yes! It seems they are quite popular. I like that shirt because it's not too in your face and more classic, AND has tons of colors to choose from!

Ice cream is definitely what has been missing from my Illuminations experience!

It was pretty delightful. Granted it was just twist ice cream in a cone, but I still thoroughly enjoyed it.

I'd love to meet you sometime, but remind me not to ride things with you, as they will get stuck:rotfl2:. Splash and SSE?! What luck!

Hahaha seriously could not believe the amount of attractions we got stuck on during this trip! It was quite absurd...

Oops I got a little behind but all caught up now.

No sweat! I update a lot so that kind of happens. :laughing:

We love touring other resorts too. Such a good way for a break! My favorite is to get lunch and sit and relax at the Poly although I absolutely love the GF! And now that they are finally building me, I mean everyone:rolleyes1, DVC I will get to stay there:yay:

It really is a great break from everything and a way to explore new places! I think we might have to grab lunch at the Poly sometime. And I know, the new DVC is going to be amazing!!

Poor Matt! They must have his picture up backstage at Splash Mtn so they know to always stick him in front!:confused3

Haha I swear they did, it was so funny. But I think that was the end of his bad luck of being stuck in the front. :lmao:

Love that Gallery of Light! So pretty! I've never seen them before so that's definitely something to check into next time.

You should! They're usually lit up in a case in the fancier stores. They're absolutely beautiful and there are so many out there!

Great picture of Illuminations! What camera do you guys use?

Thanks! Believe it or not, that was taken on my iPhone 4! Most of these photos are on that camera, with a few from my Nikon D40.

Walking back "home" from World Showcase:cloud9:Why I love, love, love my Boardwalk! (still want to stay at BC one day too though)

I know I just love that walk so much. So quick and easy! I LOVE BC, Boardwalk is lovely but BC totally stole my heart. :lovestruc

Ok, I'll try to keep up so the response won't be so rambling next time :upsidedow

Don't even worry about it! Long comments are always fun to respond to. :goodvibes

I have read about the school bread on lots of TRs but seeing the pic of everything on offer in that bakery I wonder how you stop at just 1 thing! Matt looks really tired in that pic and it made me laugh because going to wdw has got to be the hardest working holiday there is but we keep goin back:rotfl:

It was seriously hard not to want to buy everything in that bakery! It all looks so amazing. Matt was so pooped and ready to just have some quiet time. It really is funny how you look back on a trip and you're amazed at how much you did every single day! :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter