"Norway? More like No Way!" Goobers' Jan 12 TR! Up.x2 4/6: FINAL THOUGHTS!

OMG LOST reference! love it. There had been speculation for awhile a few years ago of turning Tom Sawyer Island into a LOST themed island.. we always joked that the whole point of it was just to make everyone confused (time travel, polar bears, black smoke) but man wouldn't that have been awesome!

I'm still catching up on your updates, but I think that's an interesting theory about Tower of Terror (being less intense in the morning). I hope you are right!

Loved your Wilderness Lodge pictures. I was never interested in staying there before for the same reason (too similar to being at home in the PNW), but we're staying there for our next trip (want to be close to MK but don't want to pay for the other MK-area resorts).

OMG!! Chocolate Mickey waffles EXIST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :worship:

I watched the 1st season of LOST and loved it....except, till the finally and they took Walt away....I was soooo traumatized I could never watch it again! lol, yeah, I'm a nut... I know!!
although my husband was a very loyal fan the entire time...I'll have to show him this post....

Will be anxiously awaiting your next post!
Hope your having a good weekend.

DANG! Day seven already. How is it that you didn't even go on your trip until after I had already started my TR, yet I am only on day TWO? What the heck! What a lazy butt I am. Hahaha.

My family is doing an early Crystal Palace ADR before the park opens this summer and I'm so excited about the empty park! It would have been that way in December if it weren't for early morning EMH. :sad2:

Oh man, the Roy and Minnie bench. SO adorable! That's something you miss in December because of the Christmas tree being in Town Square!

What was the crane for? Was it taking down the castle lights? Probably. ::yes::

I have started calling puffed French toast simply 'the puffed' because regular French toast is gross and the puffed is too good to be even a fancy version of French toast.

YAY KYLE!!! Hahaha thanks for the shoutout! I'm special.

HAHAHA oh your poor five year old brother! I understand, those dolls are semi creepy! But the ride is still ca-lassic.

I always laugh at the Jungle Cruise jokes too! I just really love corny jokes. I'm all about the corny-ness.

ALL THOSE DUCKS! Man, if I were a duck, I'd be a Disney duck. They have it made.

YES the Winnie the Pooh Q is amazing! Love love love. ALSO I heard they're installing an interactive Q on Peter Pan soon, too! SO COOL!

Hi, I just wanted to say I'm lurking too and that's probably the last you'll hear from me but I am really enjoying your TR and had to say that Matt's smile in the pic with Armond was awsome! Thanks for doing this, I love reading TRs but would never take the time out to do one.:worship:

OMG LOST reference! love it. There had been speculation for awhile a few years ago of turning Tom Sawyer Island into a LOST themed island.. we always joked that the whole point of it was just to make everyone confused (time travel, polar bears, black smoke) but man wouldn't that have been awesome!

Haha of course, I have to fit it in there somehow! :laughing: Okay, that would've been the COOLEST thing ever. Though I don't think it'd ever fit in MK, but I would have loved to see something like that in Hollywood Studios. Aw man, now I really want to watch LOST again. I miss it.

I'm still catching up on your updates, but I think that's an interesting theory about Tower of Terror (being less intense in the morning). I hope you are right!

Noooo rush! I'm taking a slight break from updating until I get my PhotoPass CD, so you have plenty of time to catch up! I think my theory is right, I'm hoping people who are going can tell me if I am! :laughing:

Loved your Wilderness Lodge pictures. I was never interested in staying there before for the same reason (too similar to being at home in the PNW), but we're staying there for our next trip (want to be close to MK but don't want to pay for the other MK-area resorts).

If we didn't use DVC points to stay, I think we would actually probably end up staying at the Wilderness Lodge because of the location and having deluxe accommodations but at a lower price. I think that's a great move on your part! Plus it's beautiful. :cloud9:

OMG!! Chocolate Mickey waffles EXIST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :worship:

HAHA they do!! And they're tasty! Though believe it or not, I think I like the regular ones better!

I watched the 1st season of LOST and loved it....except, till the finally and they took Walt away....I was soooo traumatized I could never watch it again! lol, yeah, I'm a nut... I know!!
although my husband was a very loyal fan the entire time...I'll have to show him this post....

Hahaha that is so funny you stopped because of Walt. So do you know what happens?! I just love that show so much!!

Will be anxiously awaiting your next post!
Hope your having a good weekend.

I know, it's weird not posting an update for more than just a day or two. But it's probably good anyway because it gives me time to write AND also lets me savor things a little bit longer. I mean, I'm going to be pretty bummed out once it's all over! :sad1:

DANG! Day seven already. How is it that you didn't even go on your trip until after I had already started my TR, yet I am only on day TWO? What the heck! What a lazy butt I am. Hahaha.

Hahaha, I don't even know how I'm already on Day 7. What's funny though is that counting the rest of Day 7, we still have 5 days to get through! Kind of insane. It's bad because I want to share everything but also don't want my TR to end. Hopefully by the end I have good news that we're definitely returning, fingers crossed. ;)

My family is doing an early Crystal Palace ADR before the park opens this summer and I'm so excited about the empty park! It would have been that way in December if it weren't for early morning EMH. :sad2:

YAY! That IS exciting! This was our first pre-park opening ADR and I will definitely do it again. Totally worth it.

Oh man, the Roy and Minnie bench. SO adorable! That's something you miss in December because of the Christmas tree being in Town Square!

I know, I just love that bench. It makes me smile every time.

What was the crane for? Was it taking down the castle lights? Probably. ::yes::

I am pretty sure it was taking down all of the pretty lights. But ugh, it was NOT there during our last January trip at the same time, so I was pretty unhappy with it showing up. We already had to deal with like 85 closures, tarps and other renovations... Now a stupid crane in my shots? LAME! Hopefully next year isn't as bad...

I have started calling puffed French toast simply 'the puffed' because regular French toast is gross and the puffed is too good to be even a fancy version of French toast.

Hahaha, I like that, "the puffed". I'm opposite of you though in that french toast is my favorite breakfast EVER. But honestly, I can live with the puffed because really, it is NOTHING like actual french toast at all. :laughing:

YAY KYLE!!! Hahaha thanks for the shoutout! I'm special.

Haha, when I look back on it, Kyle was a good waiter, just a little slower than we wanted since we wanted to go play in the park. And of course a little shout out action was necessary! You are special, haha.

HAHAHA oh your poor five year old brother! I understand, those dolls are semi creepy! But the ride is still ca-lassic.

OMG he was so upset. I don't remember a TON from my first trip to Disney World but I definitely remember that whole incident!

I always laugh at the Jungle Cruise jokes too! I just really love corny jokes. I'm all about the corny-ness.

Me too! I was laughing hysterically while other people were just kind of sitting there. Lame. I laugh at the worst jokes because they're so bad they're funny!

ALL THOSE DUCKS! Man, if I were a duck, I'd be a Disney duck. They have it made.

OMG that is so funny you said that because Matt, during our trip, actually posted a status on FB that if reincarnation exists, he'd want to come back as a Disney duck because they have the LIFE. :laughing:

YES the Winnie the Pooh Q is amazing! Love love love. ALSO I heard they're installing an interactive Q on Peter Pan soon, too! SO COOL!

I know, I just want to go play in that queue again, right now! That's brilliant that they're doing that for Peter Pan! Very smart move since the line is always long. It'll definitely keep people happy and occupied! :thumbsup2

Hi, I just wanted to say I'm lurking too and that's probably the last you'll hear from me but I am really enjoying your TR and had to say that Matt's smile in the pic with Armond was awsome! Thanks for doing this, I love reading TRs but would never take the time out to do one.:worship:

Well thank you for at least popping in and commenting! I seriously appreciate it! :goodvibes Matt thought Armand was pretty hilarious and Armand kept telling him to pose, but Matt just kept laughing every time. :laughing:

I'm really enjoying writing this TR; it's bringing me back to moments I loved and even ones I forgot about! It's been a wonderful way to remember our trip in its entirety, and I'm having an absolute blast sharing it with everyone! Thank you again for commenting. :goodvibes

I'm in :) your arrival day was the same day that i left WDW!

as a fellow northerner ( i'm from the midwest though) I can totally relate 2 how the weather is so different in orlando that it is in the northern parts of the country in january. I was over the moon about it actually being warm there when my hometown was experiencing cold weather and snow!

HAHAHA yeah, but with my luck, I'd run into her like 5 more times at DTD.
Haha true, true. Then you guys would just be creepy stalkers.
Welp so am I because I got really excited someone noticed my PJs, hahaha.
We are so awesome. That is all.
I know, I don't even know how I remembered the time when I updated my trip journal later that day. I'm so weird sometimes. Yeah, getting in for our ADR was oddly easy. I might've made up the thing about the zip code, but I just remember it being WAY easier than I expected it to be.
I remember stuff like that too, that's part of why I thought it was so funny!
Tigger was seriously intense! Like he grabbed my shoulders hard and then stuck his face against mine and I was all, "WHOA!" Buuuut it's okay. OMG the potato casserole was tasty. And I love the puffed french toast. And yes, I wanted breakfast so bad from CP instead of my lame oatmeal I was eating at my desk, hahaha. The card was so adorable.
Haha, the Tigger at AK was intense too. He kept practically smothering me and wouldn't leave me alone. :laughing:
Yeah no kidding! You avoid the crazy mobs of people AND it's pre-"Strollers take over the walkway" time. They park those things so far out into the walkway I'm not sure how people are supposed to get by, haha. IASW is wonderful! My brother was absolutely terrified; he hated any dolls I had at home, too.
This trip was soooooo bad for strollers. I remember parking Anna's stroller when she was little and it was much better then. Too many strollers now, and I hated having to park Riley's all the time. I hope it'll be better once they open the old skyway station stroller parking beside IASW.
Oh sadface. We should've gone over after Pirates!! Though it's not as fun as during the day... but that's sad Anna hasn't experience the ridiculous cheesy jokes/pubs. And yes, duck hunt checklist should be made. There were so many different types, it's hard to keep track!
Can we please time travel back to that night and meet up earlier, take a ton of silly pictures and ride more rides??

UGH I know. It really needs some serious love and TLC because it kept breaking down and the animatronics were just.. sad. I remember one day the boat's lights were completely off, the frogs weren't singing... But then the next day it was okay again. Just sad, and I have a bad feeling it'll be closed for a long time during our next trip. Which depresses me... so I'm just not going to think about it!
:sad1:
Haha I thought you would know!! I was going to just post the whole thing without the photos but I just really want them to be there because it was such a funny experience. I can't wait to see all of the photos and start posting PP photos along the day! I'll probably also do a bonus post of PP photos up to that point, too. Thanks again for handling that whole thing; SUCH a good idea and I have you to thank for inviting me to do the share with you!
Hopefully it will get there soon! I think when you sent something to me it made it with only one travel day in between. So hopefully you'll get it Thursday. :) Also, I included the "bonus" pics on everyone's CD even if they didn't go to that particular meet and greet. So you'll have some random character pics too. :laughing: You are SO welcome! I am so so so glad I did it and that I asked you to join. :goodvibes:hug:

Hi Dani,
I have lurked off and on this board for 3yrs and only just registered so I could comment on your TR!:) It has been so enjoyable and I am so hoping you get another update or 2 in b4 we leave on Sunday 4 our 2nd WDW trip. Your details and pics have been just priceless to my planning. We have added sunshine seasons to our qs choices, along w/EoS and Ghiradelli. My 8 yr old dd can't wait to pick a pearl and wants a ring setting just like yours. The info on TofT is great because when we went in Nov '10, I was so disappointed in the drop sequence from what I had heard, but now I know it is because we rode only first thing in the morning. Now I know it truly kicks in for nightime hours and will ride it then. So much to thank you for really and I can't wait to hear about more of your Anniversary journey!! Thanks, Christine

I'm in :) your arrival day was the same day that i left WDW!

Oh awesome! Glad you decided to join in here! :goodvibes

as a fellow northerner ( i'm from the midwest though) I can totally relate 2 how the weather is so different in orlando that it is in the northern parts of the country in january. I was over the moon about it actually being warm there when my hometown was experiencing cold weather and snow!

Haha it really is WAY different. We escaped that horrible snow/ice/windstorm just barely, and we showed up in Orlando and it's ridiculously warm. It definitely took use a few days to get used to the heat!

Haha true, true. Then you guys would just be creepy stalkers.
We are so awesome. That is all.

YUP, we are. :cool2:

I remember stuff like that too, that's part of why I thought it was so funny!

HAHA glad I'm not a total weirdo in remembering random things like that!

Haha, the Tigger at AK was intense too. He kept practically smothering me and wouldn't leave me alone. :laughing:

Like both times I met him I just felt like he smushed me, hahaha.

This trip was soooooo bad for strollers. I remember parking Anna's stroller when she was little and it was much better then. Too many strollers now, and I hated having to park Riley's all the time. I hope it'll be better once they open the old skyway station stroller parking beside IASW.

Yeah it was kind of intense; they easily took up 2/3 of the walkway near IASW. I mean don't get me wrong, I know when we gave kids we'll have a stroller but I just thought Disney would be better about that situation. Hopefully it's solved once refurbs are done!

Can we please time travel back to that night and meet up earlier, take a ton of silly pictures and ride more rides??

OMG can we?! I've been having some really crappy days since we got back. Yesterday I was talking to Matt on our drive home from work how I just really really miss Disney World right now, and he was like, "Well, I think for us, it really is a second home..." Then I got sad. I mean I know we'll be back but ugh, I just miss it lately.

:sad1:
Hopefully it will get there soon! I think when you sent something to me it made it with only one travel day in between. So hopefully you'll get it Thursday. :) Also, I included the "bonus" pics on everyone's CD even if they didn't go to that particular meet and greet. So you'll have some random character pics too. :laughing: You are SO welcome! I am so so so glad I did it and that I asked you to join. :goodvibes:hug:

I'm sure it'll get here quickly! It's probably for the best that I'm taking a little break from writing because I've just been kind of down the past few days over various things. I feel like me being bummed out would totally ruin the vibe of my writing! Wahwah, hopefully things start to get a little better around here soon. Pumped for the CD though and definitely excited for the bonus pictures, hahaha. Glad we are friends from all of this!

Hi Dani,
I have lurked off and on this board for 3yrs and only just registered so I could comment on your TR!:) It has been so enjoyable and I am so hoping you get another update or 2 in b4 we leave on Sunday 4 our 2nd WDW trip. Your details and pics have been just priceless to my planning. We have added sunshine seasons to our qs choices, along w/EoS and Ghiradelli. My 8 yr old dd can't wait to pick a pearl and wants a ring setting just like yours. The info on TofT is great because when we went in Nov '10, I was so disappointed in the drop sequence from what I had heard, but now I know it is because we rode only first thing in the morning. Now I know it truly kicks in for nightime hours and will ride it then. So much to thank you for really and I can't wait to hear about more of your Anniversary journey!! Thanks, Christine

WOW! I am honestly flattered that my TR was enough to get you to register and comment. Seriously, this brightened up my day a bit because I've been feeling kind of down lately. ANYWAY! I should have another update before you leave! That is so exciting you are going though; consider me jealous! :goodvibes

SS is a GREAT QS place to eat. There are so many options for food, and then the desserts are just fabulous. I love it there! EoS is amazingly delicious, as is Ghirardelli. Definitely 2 of my favorite things to do at DtD, outside of shopping. :laughing: Your DD will love doing Pick a Pearl and the setting really is beautiful and totally affordable!!

Haha, well I hope my theory is right. I'd suggest riding it during EMH for sure, that's when we rode it and OMG was it terrifying! So much worse than that early morning we rode it. Wish those experiences had been opposite, maybe we'd have rode it more during our trip. :lmao:

Again, so glad you decided to comment and I'm even happier that my TR has really helped you in planning your trip! I should have an update here in the next day or 2, as my PP CD should arrive soon, so definitely be on the lookout! :thumbsup2

Hi
My husband would keep me up to date on what was going on with LOST, so I still followed along! do you watch Alcatraz?

I just finished catching up on your TR and I'm hooked! Such wonderful writing and pictures. I love TRs that make me feel like I'm there! I'm kinda jealous you were there for a full 11 days:rotfl:

I can't wait to continue readingpopcorn::

Hi
My husband would keep me up to date on what was going on with LOST, so I still followed along! do you watch Alcatraz?

Oh, well then you're well-aware f all the crazy turns it took! :rotfl: We were in Disney World when Alcatraz started so we DVRed it, but then fell behind and decided it'd make more sense for us to just watch it on DVD.

We did that with LOST and the first few seasons and that was how we got hooked! Then we started watching it live. I really want to see Alcatraz though!

I just finished catching up on your TR and I'm hooked! Such wonderful writing and pictures. I love TRs that make me feel like I'm there! I'm kinda jealous you were there for a full 11 days:rotfl:

I can't wait to continue readingpopcorn::

Ah, your comment popped up just after I commented on another one! :laughing: well number one, I'm glad you are here and have enjoyed my TR! It's my first one ever so I'm trying to make it as fun as possible. I personally love TRs that make me feel like I know the people on the trip and feel like I'm there, so I'm glad you feel that way! :goodvibes

11 days was amazing! It's our one big trip of the year so we go all out... Plus, with it being such a long and expensive flight, we might as well make the most out of it! :thumbsup2

Can't wait to post more! Promise it'll be soon! Hope to continue to see you here as I continue!:goodvibes

Hey guys! :wave2:

Sorry to keep you waiting, it hasn't really been my intention. I think my PP CD should be coming in today, tomorrow at the latest, which is VERY exciting. :yay: Which, of course, means more updates coming soon!!

It's actually probably been for the best that I had a break from my TR this week. It has been one HECK of a week at work and dealing with other non-work stuff, so I haven't had any time to DIS nearly as much as normal.

Matt and I are heading up to the mountains for the weekend tomorrow evening, which we are VERY excited for, since it seems like this week has been never-ending.

Anyway, I'm hoping tomorrow I'll have a new update for you before we head out. I've missed my TR a lot! In the meantime, I've been enjoying following along with OMDD through twitter/Facebook...

Quick funny story: I was looking at twitter yesterday and noticed Nolan Gould, who plays Luke on Modern Family, tweeted that he was in his "happy place" and was getting paid to ride coasters all day.

ANYWAY, I responded and told him, "I am hoping you are in Disney World, because that is my happy place!! Plus, I would love a Modern Family Disney episode!" and he responded to me saying that I was "close" and that it was going to be "awesome". Turns out they are in Disneyland shooting an episode for the next few days!

Um hi, am I the only one who is REALLY excited about a Modern Family Disney episode?! I LOVED the Full House one growing up, so this is pretty exciting... Plus, Modern Family is one of my favorite shows sooooo yeah. Just thought I'd share that fun tidbit with you guys. :goodvibes

Anyway, just wanted you guys to know that I'll be back soon with an update, hopefully tomorrow, so be on the lookout! :thumbsup2

Quick funny story: I was looking at twitter yesterday and noticed Nolan Gould, who plays Luke on Modern Family, tweeted that he was in his "happy place" and was getting paid to ride coasters all day.

ANYWAY, I responded and told him, "I am hoping you are in Disney World, because that is my happy place!! Plus, I would love a Modern Family Disney episode!" and he responded to me saying that I was "close" and that it was going to be "awesome". Turns out they are in Disneyland shooting an episode for the next few days!

Um hi, am I the only one who is REALLY excited about a Modern Family Disney episode?! I LOVED the Full House one growing up, so this is pretty exciting... Plus, Modern Family is one of my favorite shows sooooo yeah. Just thought I'd
share that fun tidbit with you guys. :good vibes

Anyway, just wanted you guys to know that I'll be back soon with an update,
hopefully tomorrow, so be on the lookout! :thumbsup2

That's SO cool !! Although I'd be MORE excited if they were in WDW ... But it will still be fun to watch ! I love that show too. Hey, did you ever see the Roseanne episodes when they all went to WDW ?? I loved that one as well as the Full House one. :goodvibes

Hey guys! :wave2:

Anyway, I'm hoping tomorrow I'll have a new update for you before we head out. I've missed my TR a lot! In the meantime, I've been enjoying following along with OMDD through twitter/Facebook...

Um hi, am I the only one who is REALLY excited about a Modern Family Disney episode?! I LOVED the Full House one growing up, so this is pretty exciting... Plus, Modern Family is one of my favorite shows sooooo yeah. Just thought I'd share that fun tidbit with you guys. :goodvibes

:thumbsup2

Dude! Seriously, when I found out they were at the Land, I was giddy with excitement! I LOVED when the 80's shows would visit Disney! Full House, Roseanne, etc! I can't wait to see one of my favorite shows filmed at Disney!

Yes!!!! I am SO excited about that! Hahah I used to follow Nolan Gould on twitter and then I unfollowed a BUNCH of people and I guess he was one of them. :( It always amazed me how intelligent he sounded in his tweets compared to Luke haha. Anyways I have said about 50 million times that the ABC shows should start going back to Disney like they used to in the 90's and that Modern Family should definitely do it! I'm so glad they 'listened to me' hahah. :goodvibes Hope you have a great weekend!

I am a total lurker but I just read this from start to finish and I am totally enjoying reading about your journey! I cant wait for the rest!

Thank you for sharing.

Lisa

PS Modern Family is the beat show on TV now that LOST is gone!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter