Northern Sights and Mickey's MAGICal Delights-1st Baltic Cruise-June 12,2010-Pt 2

Well, my best friend has agreed to travel with me and kids. I told her that she can't back out no matter what. LOL. This makes me feel better about taking off to Europe for five weeks with the kids. At least another adult is there to be in charge.

Well, my best friend has agreed to travel with me and kids. I told her that she can't back out no matter what. LOL. This makes me feel better about taking off to Europe for five weeks with the kids. At least another adult is there to be in charge.

Get a Deposit :rotfl2::rotfl2:

No, she is coming, I am thrilled. I can't wait. It will be really fun. She is going to be a lurker for a while until she gets the nerve to join.

Happy Mothers Day,

Our weather went south on us, 34 rain and fog, and there are a few patches of snow on the fences and barn roof. Good thing we got the sprinklers going LOL. This is the first house we have had with a sprinkler system and I thought it would be a pain but not that bad. Really glad we got those outdoor chores done yesterday.

Not sure what today will bring have to see what develops.

Wish we were at WDW.

Good Morning Cruisers!

Welcome to Tammy's friend!

Peter - we hope we can make the cruise also!

Happy Mother's Day!

Have a great day everyone!

Happy Mother's Day to all our mom's out there!!!!

We're sitting at the airport right now waiting on our flight to Atlanta and then it's on to Rome. I'll be checking in during our trip and I'll also be posting pics on Facebook for all of you on there. Later!!!!

Happy Mother's Day to all our mom's out there!!!!

We're sitting at the airport right now waiting on our flight to Atlanta and then it's on to Rome. I'll be checking in during our trip and I'll also be posting pics on Facebook for all of you on there. Later!!!!

Hanging in Concorse E, KEWL!! waiting for pics, thanks.

It had been a while since I checked in.....and when i could not find the thread....

Then when I did and saw how many people are cancelling....wow

We are dreading booking the airfare in July (when it finally comes open)

Last time I checked.....almost $4000 for the three of us so we are looking at maximizing our time after the cruise over there...perhaps visiting Nancy's uncles in the North (Darlington area)

It just hiy me that it may be worth it to book via Orbitz with their price assurance deal. Where if the price drops you get, disclaimer here, either a credit or cashola. Credit works for me, but will also be checking FF miles.

If I can get her on the boards she will love it I am sure. I will work on it.

Hello everyone, i am new to dis boards and learning how to use it, please bear with me. I am so excited about this trip. Before i get to wordy, i would like 5 of the lanyards if they are still available and can mail the money to cover postage and the cost of the items. We are family of 5 in 2 guarantee category 5 balconies. My kids will be 8 and 4 when we sail. The other passengers are my mother and husband. We will be going to paris for 4 days and london for 3 days before boarding the ship. If anyone is interested in doing a group tour or something, let me know. At this point we are booked via disney at the grosvenor house. I will be trying to get a better deal myself to save some money. I will add a post when the disney host hotels open up because i am all over this. I have to save every dime to make this trip happen because it is so expensive. We are not disney vacation club members but have considered it. Is it really worth it? Someone please fill me in because i am considering it again. Lastly, when i did the mexican riviera with disney in june 08, i saw that a group of people mutually agreed to put treats and goodies on each others door everyday. Their doors were decorated with all of their names and disney characters. It was really cute and the kids seem to enjoy it . The treats were put in a plastic hanging divider or something that looked like a shoe divider. Has anyone seen this or know what i am talking about. Boy can i talk, i read most of the posts but not all because it was just way too much.

Good Morning Cruisers!

Welcome Tahitian Traveler!

We call what you are talking about "Fish Extenders" ( as they extend the capasity of the "fish" outside the door for "fish mail". They were first conceived on the first Panama Canal Repo cruise. There was some early discussion about fish extenders, and I cannot remember what the concensus was at this point - whatever it was, it could easily change before the cruise.

I will let my husband - Scott H - answer you about the Disney Vacation Club points - other that we bought in at the beginning, and have been adding points steadily - and feel it is one of the best investments we have made. We would not be doing this cruise if it were not for DVC points!

We are headed out on a short trip to CA - Scott for a conference and me to visit my Dad, Scott will probably be able to post but I will be depending on whatever "hotspots" I might be able to find, so I might not be here for a few days.

Good Morning Cruisers!
We call what you are talking about "Fish Extenders" ( as they extend the capasity of the "fish" outside the door for "fish mail". They were first conceived on the first Panama Canal Repo cruise. There was some early discussion about fish extenders, and I cannot remember what the concensus was at this point - whatever it was, it could easily change before the cruise.

100_0793.jpg

This is an example of a "Fish Extender" Sorry I couldn't find a photo of one attached to a fish on the shiip. This is one I made at home. There is a cute metal fish next to each stateroom on the ship and some groups like to decorate and give gifts and messages to each other and we found that the fish wasn't enough! So.....the fish extender was born!

BTW.....I want to participate in a FISH EXTENDER GIFT EXCHANGE!!! I've even thought of what I want to give......so.......who wants to organize it?

Connie

thanks for responding. i am going to contact dvc today can i use you as a referral?

ASk away about DVC, sure use us as a referral, we get no gain as our state is not allowed.

That said I 110% recommend DVC if it works for you. Look at the numbers, where you might use, your vacation plans and history etc definitely go to a presentation and get the info. read study understand as it is a big purchase.

Folks joke we have a gazillion points:lmao:, but we do use our DVC membership to the fullest and it has been great for us.

Welcome!!

If you would like to be added to the roster can e-mail me at magicalbalticcruise@yahoo.com

You can include as much or as little information as you would like. You can also a include a photo at the e-mail address.

DIS board name
First Name - Relationship - and age or something close to the age ) for all of those in the cabin
Hometown
Stateroom number
Dining

You may include a photo if you would like

You can view the list by clicking on the link in my signature

Yes... someday soon it will get updated :surfweb::rolleyes1

Fish Extenders, as so nicely described, did start in 2005. There intention is to share small gifts with others that you are cruising with. It has become quite the phenomenon

I own DVC (it is all Scott's fault :rotfl2:) and really enjoy using it. And ask away, if Scott does not know the answer, no one does.

Folks joke we have a gazillion points:lmao:, but we do use our DVC membership to the fullest and it has been great for us.

Well maybe not a gazillion... maybe a bazillion. :rotfl2::rolleyes1

Debbie

EpcotKilterFan
The first to extend her Fish

Just a little Off Kilter

Notice the Tag in Deb's user name!

She was the one who provided everyone with a fish extender, on a May 2005
Panama canal Cruise... and the thing took off like wild fire..

She came up with this just a couple weeks before the cruise....
Click this link http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=8582198&postcount=14

Scott and others, We were getting ready for this just 4 short years ago...
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=8582036#post8582036&highlight=

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=8584086&postcount=86 :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter