Northern Sights and Mickey's MAGICal Delights-1st Baltic Cruise-June 12,2010-Pt 2

Hey Peter thanks for teh memories, wow 4 short years ago, and I was to haev retired twice or more since then LOL

Thank you all for your responses. I must say, you are a rather lively group, i like that and i cannot wait to meet all of you face to face. Thank you scott, i will let them know that you referred me and i plan to join dvc in about 2 two weeks. I keep taking all these trips and could have darn near payed for the thing by now. Well anyway, count me in for the fish extender. What does it take to oversee this type of thing?

My family and i are also taking the med cruise on 5/26 and very few people are chatting. In fact no one has responded to my post that i left yesterday. This is why i need to join dvc, big dreams and a burning hole in my pocket book. Even i had to laugh at that one.

To-epcot kilter fan, i emailed my information to you this past weekend. If you did not receive it please let me know so that i can send it to you again.
The attached links were great,nice fish extenders, kudos to the young lady that made them for all of you.

Ge

Thank you all for your responses. I must say, you are a rather lively group, i like that and i cannot wait to meet all of you face to face. Thank you scott, i will let them know that you referred me and i plan to join dvc in about 2 two weeks. I keep taking all these trips and could have darn near payed for the thing by now. Well anyway, count me in for the fish extender. What does it take to oversee this type of thing?

My family and i are also taking the med cruise on 5/26 and very few people are chatting. In fact no one has responded to my post that i left yesterday. This is why i need to join dvc, big dreams and a burning hole in my pocket book. Even i had to laugh at that one.

Hi Tahitian Traveler,

If I have not responded to your post on the 5/26 board it is because I rarely check it because no one posts there! LOL. I am doing the 5/26, the 6/5, and the 6/12, Back to Back, so to speak. Sounds like you might be doing the same? If so that is great, however, I get dibs on the laundry room on embarkation/debarkation day. LOL. I am also a DVC member so you can pm me with questions if you like or I can send you my cell phone number and we could talk.

Tammy

Good Morning Cruisers!

We are also doing the Repo from Barcelona to Dover before this one, but we are not living on the ship as long as Tammy is! The B2B thread is pretty quiet also.

We are sitting in the airport waiting for flight.

Have a great day everyone!

OH!!! We REALLY want to take the repo cruise from Barcelona to Dover!!!!! We haven't booked it yet, but we are starting to seriously try to figure out a way to do it!!!!! Our biggest problem is finding the proper care for Patrick while we are gone.

Today we are going to Sarasota to check out a respite home. We visited there a couple years ago. Also we are visiting the Russell Home here in Orlando. And there is a brand new place in Avalon Park that we visited when they had their ribbon cutting.....Patrick is staying there in June while Chuck and I go to a 50th Anniversary party in Illinois for Chuck's aunt and uncle.

So many things to organize! But it will all work out eventuallly!

Thanks guys :hug:....to be honest they would need to drop about half price for us to book again, it is such a shame as I was looking forward to it so much. :sad2:

We decided to drop off the Disney and have booked with NCL. The cost was half Disney price for a 2 room penthouse suite. They have now changed to the Sun from the Jewel and have another upgrade to a large penthouse at the rear of the ship and it looks beautiful. We have also got £43 refund and $200 onboard credit as well - and the price includes the gratuities. Still from Dover and although not Disney cannot justify such a high cost for caegory 5.
We also have our own cruise consultant to sort anything out for us.

Hope all the planning is going well.

Brenda

Wow, you guys have been busy without me. It was on p. 2 when I left.

Well we made it!!! We have finished our first full day in beautiful Rome. Today alone we made it to the Roman Forum, the Spanish Steps, Trevi Fountain, the Pantheon and the Colussium. Everything has been absolutely amazing!!!! I wish I could post my pics for all of you to see, but my wifi connection is not working and I am having to use the hotel computer instead of my laptop right now.

Tomorrow we are off to Vatican City for the morning. Can't wait.

Good Morning Cruisers!

We are also doing the Repo from Barcelona to Dover before this one, but we are not living on the ship as long as Tammy is! The B2B thread is pretty quiet also.

We are sitting in the airport waiting for flight.

I know! It is a long cruise. Maybe I will be sick of the Magic? Nahhh!!

Well we made it!!! We have finished our first full day in beautiful Rome. Today alone we made it to the Roman Forum, the Spanish Steps, Trevi Fountain, the Pantheon and the Colussium. Everything has been absolutely amazing!!!! I wish I could post my pics for all of you to see, but my wifi connection is not working and I am having to use the hotel computer instead of my laptop right now.

Wow!! Sounds like a great time!

We decided to drop off the Disney and have booked with NCL. The cost was half Disney price for a 2 room penthouse suite. They have now changed to the Sun from the Jewel and have another upgrade to a large penthouse at the rear of the ship and it looks beautiful. We have also got £43 refund and $200 onboard credit as well - and the price includes the gratuities. Still from Dover and although not Disney cannot justify such a high cost for caegory 5.

Brenda

I have thought of booking with another cruiseline seriously. However, as for now, I am going to stick with Disney.

OH!!! We REALLY want to take the repo cruise from Barcelona to Dover!!!!! We haven't booked it yet, but we are starting to seriously try to figure out a way to do it!!!!! Our biggest problem is finding the proper care for Patrick while we are gone.

Today we are going to Sarasota to check out a respite home. We visited there a couple years ago. Also we are visiting the Russell Home here in Orlando. And there is a brand new place in Avalon Park that we visited when they had their ribbon cutting.....Patrick is staying there in June while Chuck and I go to a 50th Anniversary party in Illinois for Chuck's aunt and uncle.

So many things to organize! But it will all work out eventuallly!

I hope you can swing it. I would love to see you on the B2B.:cloud9:

I just realized before reading todays message that you were the same person. Duh, where is my head? Well, you are going to be quite busy. We are not doing the Barcelona to Dover leg. During those 7 nites we will be in paris for 4 nites and london for 3 before boarding the baltic bound ship. I am so glad that we will be on two of the same cruises...AWSOME. I cant wait to meet you and your family. I read your blog and I will look into the Jazz. YES, I would love to talk to you over the phone. Thanks for offering, i will be waiting for your number. I would give you mine but i do not know how to get it to you without posting it for a million and 1 roving eyes to see. and yes again, i would like to discuss the dvc points with you. I decided on 300 points and that is not truly meeting my needs. i better start educating myself before i sign on the dotted line.

I just read Skallywag's post and we were on that exact same cruise. I just cancelled it a few days ago. The sun did not look as pretty as the jewel to me. i too found it hard to justify the price until my kids were fixated to the disney line introductory dvd that i played for them. it was as if they were there for the first time all over again, my heart melted and i decided to stick with disney. initially, i wanted to see venice ....just had to go to venice. then i got over that too. so here i am patiently awaiting 30 days in a foreign land with my fellow mousketeers. can anyone tell me what the per night hotel prices are for the ac diplomatic and the renaissance chancery. Disney will not give that information since the rooms are full

Hello everyone, i am new to dis boards and learning how to use it, please bear with me. I am so excited about this trip. Before i get to wordy, i would like 5 of the lanyards if they are still available and can mail the money to cover postage and the cost of the items. We are family of 5 in 2 guarantee category 5 balconies. My kids will be 8 and 4 when we sail. The other passengers are my mother and husband. We will be going to paris for 4 days and london for 3 days before boarding the ship. If anyone is interested in doing a group tour or something, let me know. At this point we are booked via disney at the grosvenor house. I will be trying to get a better deal myself to save some money. I will add a post when the disney host hotels open up because i am all over this. I have to save every dime to make this trip happen because it is so expensive. We are not disney vacation club members but have considered it. Is it really worth it? Someone please fill me in because i am considering it again. Lastly, when i did the mexican riviera with disney in june 08, i saw that a group of people mutually agreed to put treats and goodies on each others door everyday. Their doors were decorated with all of their names and disney characters. It was really cute and the kids seem to enjoy it . The treats were put in a plastic hanging divider or something that looked like a shoe divider. Has anyone seen this or know what i am talking about. Boy can i talk, i read most of the posts but not all because it was just way too much.
Welcome!!! We will have an 8yo with us too. E-Bay has fish extenders.

Brenda
Sorry we won't be cruising together again, but I understand.

Glad you're having a great time!

We're having a great time in WDW! Rained last night but didn't stop us. We're off to Typhoon Lagoon today.

I just realized before reading todays message that you were the same person. Duh, where is my head? Well, you are going to be quite busy. We are not doing the Barcelona to Dover leg. During those 7 nites we will be in paris for 4 nites and london for 3 before boarding the baltic bound ship. I am so glad that we will be on two of the same cruises...AWSOME. I cant wait to meet you and your family. I read your blog and I will look into the Jazz. YES, I would love to talk to you over the phone. Thanks for offering, i will be waiting for your number. I would give you mine but i do not know how to get it to you without posting it for a million and 1 roving eyes to see. and yes again, i would like to discuss the dvc points with you. I decided on 300 points and that is not truly meeting my needs. i better start educating myself before i sign on the dotted line.
I will try to send my phone number but I would have to send it through a Private Message and I think you need 10 posts to read it, but about that I am not sure.

As for the Jazz, I posted on the other thread a link to a post about Barcelona Hotels, that is where I found out about the Hotel Jazz. It is highly rated on Tripadvisor.

I can't believe that someone read my blog. LOL. It is going to be full of ramblings for sure. I guess it is a way to document what I am doing and the planning and so forth.

As for the DVC points, if you decide to go with 300, try to get one contract for 160 points, the minimum for a "master" contract and then get the rest in smaller 50 point contracts. You will get the same incentives either way, and if you need fewer points in the future, the smaller contracts seem to sell faster and at higher prices. Your sales guide should have no problem taking car of this.

I will send you a cell phone number later today when I get back from the doctor. :cool1:

Good Morning Cruisers!

Connie, hope you can make it on the repo also! We had to drop down to a Cat 10 to afford the 2 - but we were lucky and got a room on deck 5.

Working on catching up here...just found part 2 :lmao:

I had a great time & am working on the pics & TR.

Ports of call were amazing.....well, I can't speak for Copenhagen & Warnemunde/Berlin....not sure if Gydell posted this (she read it on the WBPC thread) but I ended up being 1 of 100 people sick & quarentined due to a lovely (NOT!) GI virus (not sure if it was the norovirus or not). I was stateroom bound/confined for 2 days (some others for 4). Luckily we had a balcony so while sitting in port in Germany I was able to sit out there & read for a few hours in the sun. :goodvibes

Be Happy that you guys are on this cruise....Tallinn is gorgeous! Helsinki is yucky....1 place I will not be going back to.

I'll let you guys know where to read my blog when it's ready :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter