Northern Europe Magic 6/13/2015

# 9 oh boy, this must be a bore for ya'll... About the dinning rotation again. Can you get that information prior to sailing? They told me I wouldn't know until boarding.

Here we go... post #2, Appears there is some discussion about not having fireworks and pirate party. Thats a bummer on the fireworks, but since this is a very different part of the world, I expect we should expect some things might have to be done differently. Any new news on this?
They have announced that there will be a "Frozen Celebration" with activities during the day and night. So far, people have heard that the Frozen menu and deck party will be held on Night 6, after leaving Stockholm. Sounds different and fun!

#6 any tips on bringing drinks/wine onboard? Didn't know I could do that on first cruise.
We always have brought wine, been and some liquor on in a rolling suitcase - Disney asks/requires that it is only brought aboard in your carry on luggage. This time, however, since we are flying in from the states, we are not sure yet. We are trying to figure if we should pack some in our checked luggage for the flight, in the padded travel bags (a little risky!!), or if we can pick some up near the airport upon arrival. We have always loved having the option of bringing our own.

#7 anyone getting a Visa for Russia or going to just book with DCL for excursions?
We have booked a private tour in Russia. The tour company takes care of obtaining the visas for us. They will allow us to debark and tour as long as we have the guide with us. We found that the private tour is much cheaper than booking through DCL, much longer - allowing us to see exactly what we want, and it is just our family of five! Can't wait!

#8 Read a good tip for extra storage today... use a hanging shoe bag. Shouldn't take too much space in luggage and we like to pack light!
We have never used or needed a shoe bag. Good thing- as they are no longer allowed onboard. Apparently they were damaging the stateroom doors. You could hang it on a hangar in the closet though!

# 9 oh boy, this must be a bore for ya'll... About the dinning rotation again. Can you get that information prior to sailing? They told me I wouldn't know until boarding.
While it is true that you do not know for certain until boarding, you may call and put in a request if there is a certain restaurant that you would like 3x rather than twice, or if you would like to chose a certain restaurant to skip in order to dine in Palo. I have requested multiple times and they have always been honored. Of course, there are no guarantees, however.

We have booked a private tour in Russia. The tour company takes care of obtaining the visas for us. They will allow us to debark and tour as long as we have the guide with us. We found that the private tour is much cheaper than booking through DCL, much longer - allowing us to see exactly what we want, and it is just our family of five! Can't wait!

Can you share who you booked with. We are a family of 5 as well and have been trying to figure out how best to do this. Is it too late to book private and still have time to get a visa?

The company is Anastasia. I cannot imagine it would be too late.:)
Oh- and they were recently offering a 50% discount making it very affordable!

Last edited:
The company is Anastasia. I cannot imagine it would be too late.:)
Oh- and they were recently offering a 50% discount making it very affordable!

Thanks.. I did look at them, but didn't see that the 50% was off the one day tour.

We just booked this cruise and the next one last night. Looking forward to getting to know everyone. We are Heather, Jackson 5 and Grammie. It will be our 5th and 6th cruise

We always have brought wine, been and some liquor on in a rolling suitcase - Disney asks/requires that it is only brought aboard in your carry on luggage. This time, however, since we are flying in from the states, we are not sure yet. We are trying to figure if we should pack some in our checked luggage for the flight, in the padded travel bags (a little risky!!), or if we can pick some up near the airport upon arrival. We have always loved having the option of bringing our own.
Copenhagen airport duty free has liquor, beer and wine you can pre order and pick up upon arrival.

Sadly no Jackson's grammie. This is the only thread that I know of for this cruise.
I miss my DISboard app. Since I interact primarily on my phone, the website just doesn't work as pretty so I spend a bit less time on DISboard then I used to in all my favorite forums.

Copenhagen airport duty free has liquor, beer and wine you can pre order and pick up upon arrival.
I am having the same problem as the original post about this.
I plan on bringing a small bottle of bourbon which is not available through the Copenhagen Duty Free store (Jim Beam - Red Stag). I know that there is a limit on how much can be brought in through customs (which honestly is confusing because it seems the amount changes depending on which website you are looking at). But honestly, I don't think there will be a problem bringing in a 375ml bottle.

About the dinning rotation again. Can you get that information prior to sailing? They told me I wouldn't know until boarding.

This is the information I have:

Rotation 1
Lumiere's
Animator's Palate (Drawn)
Carioca's
Lumiere's
Animator's Palate (Magic)
Carioca's
Lumiere's

Rotation 2
Carioca's
Lumiere's
Animator's Palate
Carioca's
Lumiere's

Rotation 3
Carioca's
Lumiere's
Carioca's
Lumiere's
Carioca's

Attire
Casual
Formal
Casual
Casual
Casual
Semi-Formal*
Casual

* - Freezing the Night Away Deck Party

Hope this helps.

I was looking at a private tour for St. Petersburg and noticed that they say Catherine's Palace is closed on Tuesdays (which is the day we will be there), yes DCL lists an excursion that visits Catherine's Palace specifically. Does DCL have special access?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter