North To Alaska--May 3, 2011 on the Disney Wonder

For the first CG.....Linda/seaulater asked the photographer to take a group picture and they did without charge. For the second CG I asked the photographer to take a group picture and they told me it would cost $500. I declined and we took our own group pictures. I won't ask again. If Linda wants to ask then I'll be thrilled. But if not, we'll just take our own.

But we MUST take a group picture....either way you will have it for scrapbooking. Usually we take the picture at the end when everyone is "happy".

I'll see what I can do to arrange this for us.

Hey guys, keep us in your prayers. We might not be joining you in a couple of weeks. Jason's dad has been dealing with some heart issues and it looked like everything was starting to even back out, they were regulating his irregular heart beat with meds. Now they've discovered he may have a blockage. He's got to go off his meds and go for blood work early next week and then they're going to run some tests the middle part of the week. If things don't improve prior to the cruise we won't be going. Jason's dad is 77 and his parents are all he has left.

Pixie Dust and prayers from here!

Yesterday we (I) spent almost the whole day packing! We are now packed for our trip except for the last minute stuff! I cannot imagine leaving it until the last minute - I keep thinking of stuff I will need to go buy! (For this trip - insect repellant - not to mention the extra duffle that has disappeared from our basement!).

Safe travels to all who are leaving early!

Sorry to be such a slacker on the boards, but with everything going on, it has been crazy here with Jamie now not going on the cruise and spending the summer working in the College Program at Walt Disney World at the last minute has got me trying to re-figure everything out! But if anyone makes it to WDW this summer, they might just catch my daughter dancing or performing on property, or in a parade, or she might even be really close to one of the characters!

Anyway, I just couldn't pull together a scrapbook class for this cruise and glad someone else is willing to do something. I just shipped 90 pounds of products and books for the repo, and our group is going to have a blast.

Buried at work, haven't even started packing, oh....and I guess I need to file an extension on my taxes since I won't have them done by tomorrow. Cruising is much more important (and I have a small refund coming so I'm not too worried about it.)

Okay, I am actually working today and took a few minutes to catch up on the boards. Can't wait to see everyone and be on the ship for 2 weeks.

Sorry to be such a slacker on the boards, but with everything going on, it has been crazy here with Jamie now not going on the cruise and spending the summer working in the College Program at Walt Disney World at the last minute has got me trying to re-figure everything out! But if anyone makes it to WDW this summer, they might just catch my daughter dancing or performing on property, or in a parade, or she might even be really close to one of the characters!

Anyway, I just couldn't pull together a scrapbook class for this cruise and glad someone else is willing to do something. I just shipped 90 pounds of products and books for the repo, and our group is going to have a blast.

Buried at work, haven't even started packing, oh....and I guess I need to file an extension on my taxes since I won't have them done by tomorrow. Cruising is much more important (and I have a small refund coming so I'm not too worried about it.)

Okay, I am actually working today and took a few minutes to catch up on the boards. Can't wait to see everyone and be on the ship for 2 weeks.

Hang in there Linda... We haven't started either :goodvibes Sending HUGS! Won't it be good to finally be on the ship!!! :woohoo:

Robin"D";40762666 said:
Hey Huggy,

if you can't find one in a store, try a thrift shop....pretty cheap and just need a washing!

Hope this helps
see ya soon

Robin & Angel "D" :thumbsup2

Thanks for the info. I'm going to try to make my Duffy a grass skirt this evening. I'm not sure that he's going to get a flannel shirt, so I hope it's warm so he doesn't get cold.

I picked up my sea sick patches so bring em on :rotfl2:

Oh, I think you'll be fine, LOL! Without being out in the ocean, I just can't imagine enough movement to make you seasick. :thumbsup2 My mom would never go on a cruise because she gets seasick, so that's why she agreed to go on this one. ;)

For the first CG.....Linda/seaulater asked the photographer to take a group picture and they did without charge. For the second CG I asked the photographer to take a group picture and they told me it would cost $500. I declined and we took our own group pictures. I won't ask again. If Linda wants to ask then I'll be thrilled. But if not, we'll just take our own.

But we MUST take a group picture....either way you will have it for scrapbooking. Usually we take the picture at the end when everyone is "happy".

If you can't get it arranged - let me know. I'm sure I can stop by and snap a few so everyone can be in it. It won't be "professional" photographer quality but it will be better than nothing.

I stopped and picked up gravol for me and the girls. Its much better for us, when we start of taking it and then ease off if we don't need it. Starting to put clothes together for packing, and slowly getting ready. :goodvibes

Hey guys, keep us in your prayers. We might not be joining you in a couple of weeks. Jason's dad has been dealing with some heart issues and it looked like everything was starting to even back out, they were regulating his irregular heart beat with meds. Now they've discovered he may have a blockage. He's got to go off his meds and go for blood work early next week and then they're going to run some tests the middle part of the week. If things don't improve prior to the cruise we won't be going. Jason's dad is 77 and his parents are all he has left.

Sending prayers your way that Jason's Dad's heart will be returning to it's normal beat. Hoping they discover all that they can and that things work out.

No question that the parents are special and would take priority.

May the tests go smoothly. :hug:

Sending prayers your way that Jason's Dad's heart will be returning to it's normal beat. Hoping they discover all that they can and that things work out.

No question that the parents are special and would take priority.

May the tests go smoothly. :hug:

Thanks for all the prayers & pixie dust guys!!!! I really don't want to miss out on this cruise, but if we have to we have to. We'll know by Friday which way things are going to go.

I know we aren't going far north... but I'm still hoping to see the Northern Lights!

Here's some info:
The aurora is unpredictable, and no one’s entirely sure when—or where—it’s going to appear. But here are some tips to give you the best odds of seeing the aurora in Alaska.
Best Months: The sky has to be dark which means the northern lights unfortunately can’t be seen in Alaska in summer. The best months are March and September; that’s when there are: 1) frequent displays, 2) clear skies, and 3) generally mild weather.

Best Time of Day: Start looking about an hour and a half after sunset. But peak auroral activity is between 10pm and 2am solar time. Solar time is 2.5 hours after clock time during daylight saving time (April through October) and 1.5 hours after during standard daylight time (November through March). That means the best time for seeing the aurora during Alaska’s winter is 11:30pm-3:30 am with the peak at 1:30am. During Alaska’s spring and fall (September and March), the best time to view the aurora is 12:30am-4:30am, with the peak falling at 2:30am.

The Right Conditions: If it’s clear and dark enough to see stars, there’s a chance you’ll be able to see the aurora. Get away from city lights and hope for a clear night—if there’s a heavy overcast, you won’t be able to see it. Partly cloudy skies? You have a chance, but it needs to be a strong aurora for you to see it. But even if the sky is crystal clear, auroral activity varies greatly from night to night.

So, here are your two key prediction tools:
1. Look at the weather forecast for the town you’re in (Use our WeatherPlanner!), for example Anchorage.
2. Get the aurora forecast www.gi.alaska.edu /cgi-bin/predict.cgi from the UAF Geophysical Institute: If you’re really hardcore, sign up for an aurora email alert. www.gi.alaska.edu/mailman/listinfo/gse-aa

I know we aren't going far north... but I'm still hoping to see the Northern Lights!

Here's some info:
The aurora is unpredictable, and no one’s entirely sure when—or where—it’s going to appear. But here are some tips to give you the best odds of seeing the aurora in Alaska.
Best Months: The sky has to be dark which means the northern lights unfortunately can’t be seen in Alaska in summer. The best months are March and September; that’s when there are: 1) frequent displays, 2) clear skies, and 3) generally mild weather.

Best Time of Day: Start looking about an hour and a half after sunset. But peak auroral activity is between 10pm and 2am solar time. Solar time is 2.5 hours after clock time during daylight saving time (April through October) and 1.5 hours after during standard daylight time (November through March). That means the best time for seeing the aurora during Alaska’s winter is 11:30pm-3:30 am with the peak at 1:30am. During Alaska’s spring and fall (September and March), the best time to view the aurora is 12:30am-4:30am, with the peak falling at 2:30am.

The Right Conditions: If it’s clear and dark enough to see stars, there’s a chance you’ll be able to see the aurora. Get away from city lights and hope for a clear night—if there’s a heavy overcast, you won’t be able to see it. Partly cloudy skies? You have a chance, but it needs to be a strong aurora for you to see it. But even if the sky is crystal clear, auroral activity varies greatly from night to night.

So, here are your two key prediction tools:
1. Look at the weather forecast for the town you’re in (Use our WeatherPlanner!), for example Anchorage.
2. Get the aurora forecast www.gi.alaska.edu /cgi-bin/predict.cgi from the UAF Geophysical Institute: If you’re really hardcore, sign up for an aurora email alert. www.gi.alaska.edu/mailman/listinfo/gse-aa

I have actually seen the Aurora Borealis quite a few times here in Prince George. Usually mid summer. We are going to be a lot further north than I am here in PG. So that might increase our chances. ;)

Me thinks thinks there will be quite a few Grass Skirts and Flannel shirts out there at Sailaway,

Red Green would be proud... heck we may have to send him a picture for the Possum Lodge

Scott....I know someone who is a "friend" of Red Green on facebook :rolleyes1 that might be able to post the picture for you....

Scott....I know someone who is a "friend" of Red Green on facebook :rolleyes1 that might be able to post the picture for you....

Great Idea, I am also a friend on Face Book so I do like that idea. Better bring my roll of duct tape to sailaway

Georgie - we used to see the Northern Lights in Jackson, that is also not nearly as far north as we are headed!

So is it now the "Grass Skirt, Flannel Shirt, Duct Tap Frat" :goodvibes

Jon

We would have to have the duct tape for a Red Green Photo. It is very optional, but I never leave home without it.

We would have to have the duct tape for a Red Green Photo. It is very optional, but I never leave home without it.

That just gave me an idea, but when I told my DW about it her reaction was:rolleyes:. I have the idea in my head, now just need the time to get it done. If I can get it done I'll try to get a couple extra done.

Jon

Dh has nothing to do that day. I'm sure he wouldnt mind taking a group photo.

Sounds good to me. My DH John will also be there. He will be pouring our champagne. So bring your cameras and he will also take pictures for us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter