• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

North To Alaska--May 3, 2011 on the Disney Wonder

Anybody else not heard back yet on onboard booking cards you turned in?

They indicated due to so many booking requests that we would be notified later when they were processed. I turned in a card saying to BOOK two placeholder cruises and use the credit card on file, but nothing has been processed yet. My sister turned in one the same day (but several hours earlier) and she got notification debarkation morning that hers had been processed.

I won't panic if some of you say yours haven't been processed yet...otherwise, who do I call???? (Checked my visa and no charges have been processed yet.)

:confused3

We booked a dummy date cruise during the Alaskan leg of our cruise and got our confirmation in our fish on the last sea day. We actually talked to Russell (onboard booking CM) one night instead of filling out the card because there was no line at the booking desk and I know that Russell said he had a lot of requests to process when we taked to him. He said he actually had to change the dummy cruise date because so many people were booking a dummy date to get the OB discount and OBC. We also got a telephone message in our stateroom from Russell telling us he had some computer problems. I would try to contact DCL and explain to them that you never heard back from Russell and see what happens.

Same thing happened to us. I called and talked to Russell on the phone one day and he said that the system was down but that it would definitely get processed. We're off the boat now without a confirmation and without being charged. I called DCL to explain and they said they would definitely make sure it gets processed and honored. They said they had a backlog because there was so many who booked onboard. I told them there was 500 platinums onboard and they were shocked. I checked my cruises on DCline/castawayclub and it's not listed there yet and my card has still not been charged. I'll keep checking everyday.

Jackie, call DCL and explain. Make sure they have your info to input when they catch up.

alaskachampagnegirls2011.jpg

alaskachampagnegirls20111.jpg

Don't we all look so cute......

I'm so sorry that mother nature didn't cooperate with us that day and a lot of us got sick, including me. But we made the best of it and had a good time. Hopefully we'll have better weather in Hawaii.....I'll be hosting it again!!!

Please feel free to copy the pictures for yourselves to keep.

thanks for posting this Judy - we were wondering where that footage would be shown. So wonderful to relive our days in Alaska! Look for a care package coming your way :)

Melissa

I have a couple of good photos of your son to send you soon. Definitely shows he was in Alaska :) We will be thrilled to have some beans..yummm. We have both had a bad time with bronchitis since we returned and I haven't even managed to get all the clothes from the cruise washed yet, but we're on the mend.

Same thing happened to us. I called and talked to Russell on the phone one day and he said that the system was down but that it would definitely get processed. We're off the boat now without a confirmation and without being charged. I called DCL to explain and they said they would definitely make sure it gets processed and honored. They said they had a backlog because there was so many who booked onboard. I told them there was 500 platinums onboard and they were shocked. I checked my cruises on DCline/castawayclub and it's not listed there yet and my card has still not been charged. I'll keep checking everyday.

Jackie, call DCL and explain. Make sure they have your info to input when they catch up.

We too had a lot of trouble with the booking onboard. We finally got our info but it was after we had to go up and ask for it about 5 times. My husband and I were not at all impressed with Russell. We felt that he had really no interest in being there at all. He kept saying so are you going to book that or what. It made us feel like it just didn't matter to him. It was certainly not what we as Avid DCL and WDW travelers have come to expect from a Disney Cast member.

A guest shut down my computer and I cannot find the link for one of the disboard windows I had open. I wanted to show a friend the pictures taken on the LA-Vancouver repo cruise when you went under the Golden Gate Bridge that a few posted and one that was posted my a member that took one of the deck of the Wonder from the Golden Gate Bridge. I thought it was one of the Alaska cruise windows, but none of the ones I have checked have had them. Does anyone know which thread they were on - I am obviously lost.....

Saw this posted on the main cruise thread and thought I would re-post here....this is a picture of DCL's rock at the port in Skagway. While on one of our tours, we were told it was a tradition for each cruise line to paint a rock to commemorate the ship's first sailing to Skagway....nice to see DCL kept up the tradition.

I don't know if anyone's seen this. In Skagway, it's a tradition to paint rocks for people to see. DS works for another cruise line, but he knows I'm a Disney fanatic, so he took this photo and sent it to me-

284532_10100287370763720_23918510_48771256_374774_n.jpg

Saw this posted on the main cruise thread and thought I would re-post here....this is a picture of DCL's rock at the port in Skagway. While on one of our tours, we were told it was a tradition for each cruise line to paint a rock to commemorate the ship's first sailing to Skagway....nice to see DCL kept up the tradition.

AW....that's so cool!

Thanks for sharing! Any info on where we can find it?

Thanks for sharing! Any info on where we can find it?

Agree, any directions on the location? If we get back up there, we could stop by and make it another stop on our personal tour (besides the quilt store, the salmon jerk store, etc). :)

thanks for sharing this photo - you know I need it for my scrapbook!!! How cool to see our ship on the skagway rocks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter