North To Alaska--May 3, 2011 on the Disney Wonder

I was online at midnight, and saw the ressies come available. There was not any available ressies for Palo brunch or tea. This really ticks me off because in the past little while, I have booked ressies for the Dream inagural cruise,and the repo and cruise for Alaska. I have been online before the time, sitting here waiting, and have only been able to get 2 dinners at Palo. What is the point in being loyal to Disney if you still aren't going to be able to book brunch or tea AT ALL. I couldn't get dinner at Palo or Remy's on the Dream. Maybe I should check out other cruises.....:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::sad1::sad1::sad1::sad1::sad1::sad1::sad1::sad1::sad1::sad1:

Did the Platnium folks score all the Palo Ressies? There were no Tea or Brunch ressies left. Did anyone else encounter alot of technical issues when trying to book tonight?

I did...couldn't get in until almost 12:15....managed to get the excursions we wanted...I had to take a later time on one of them...I'm hoping that our departure time on our documents is incorrect because my whale watching excursion gets back at 4:45...and we're supposed to leave at 4:30...will try to book a brunch onboard.

What's the date that us lowly silver members can book? (or rather I should say, attempt to book if there is anything left) LOL

What bothers me is we WILL be gold members on this cruise- but not until after the 4/27/11 cruise directly before this cruise... therefore we get no pre-booking benefits of being gold on our first gold member cruise. argh

Trust me when I say that being gold guarantees you NOTHING when booking ressies. I actually had much better luck when I was silver.

It let me in right at 12 AM and there were no Palo tea or brunches available. Then it freaked out and I was kicked outta the system. So I don't feel horrible because they were already gone before I got in the second time. I did book some excursions though. Just 2 more cruises including this one and I will finally be Platnium. Yay!!!!

Trust me when I say that being gold guarantees you NOTHING when booking ressies. I actually had much better luck when I was silver.

but but but what? So it doesn't help to be able to book early? The times we've been in concierge and able to book early we've been able to book whatever we wanted.... not the case any more? Does that mean they are "holding back" stuff for people to book later when they finally can?

but but but what? So it doesn't help to be able to book early? The times we've been in concierge and able to book early we've been able to book whatever we wanted.... not the case any more? Does that mean they are "holding back" stuff for people to book later when they finally can?

Concierge is a whole different story. Spots in Palo and on shore excursions are held back for concierge guests and then, if not needed, are released once the ship has sailed. It's one of the reasons you should always ask to be wait listed for Palo if you still can't get a reservation on embarkation day.

Some GOLD people were able to book Palo brunch for this cruise last night...just not very darn many!

Anyone have information on what the show schedule might be?

Also, anyone have luck booking the Disney Enhanced Lumberjack Show? What about the Dog Sled Summer Camp in Juneau?

thanks!

Disney's Lumberjack show is booked there is another one being offered but does not look as good. No brunch at Palo for the second time :confused3 We did get dinner and were able to include our friends for Palo's who are first time DCL and cruisers. Sue

For those who have either an iPhone or iPad, Alaska.org put out a free app recently.

It is called: the Alaska app. I kid you not.

It is gps based, but you can use it now to get content. It has a nice selection of videos of the various areas.

It is going to be a beautiful trip!

Thanks!

I did...couldn't get in until almost 12:15....managed to get the excursions we wanted...I had to take a later time on one of them...I'm hoping that our departure time on our documents is incorrect because my whale watching excursion gets back at 4:45...and we're supposed to leave at 4:30...will try to book a brunch onboard.

At least you know that the ship will not leave without you as you are on a Disney excursion!

I didn't get Brunch as I thought getting my Skagway excursion was more important....ended up being able to get Palo Dinner. I'll try for brunch on board. :thumbsup2

I have to remember that these cruises only have a few days at sea, and therefore only a few days to hold brunches and teas... and we still have the same number of people on board trying to get those few slots.

However, it does look like the first Alaska isn't very booked. I just checked and most categories are listing the maximum (7) number of rooms available.

In fact, for those on Alaska looking for some views--- when I checked TWO SECRET PORTHOLE ROOMS WERE AVAILABLE: 5524 AND 5520.

Hope this helps someone!

^^ hey quit trying to tempt me! LOL
We have only insides booked for these cruises- sideways cabins, same rooms for both cruises. I'm already slightly concerned how we're going to like inside cabins. Our first cruise we had the SPH rooms and since then we've always had a verandah or cat 3 (one room, the other room inside for just the kids to sleep/change/shower in)
I'm hoping we're okay in the inside rooms... and I'm trying to resist temptation to pay more for different rooms. so quit it. LOL (kidding ofcourse)

Concierge is a whole different story. Spots in Palo and on shore excursions are held back for concierge guests and then, if not needed, are released once the ship has sailed. It's one of the reasons you should always ask to be wait listed for Palo if you still can't get a reservation on embarkation day.

Some GOLD people were able to book Palo brunch for this cruise last night...just not very darn many!

But I'm talking about just being able to book ONLINE earlier.. I didn't go thru concierge, online same as others. :confused3 Does online recognize someone as concierge?

KATYPOP...YOU ROCK!

She got us a brunch and dinner! :woohoo:

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

Thanks Jackie! I guess by the sounds of it I was lucky. There was only one day and one time for brunch available for me to book. I'm sorry everyone didn't get to book everything they wanted :guilty:

I'm tired tonight though! Was up late for the bookings then to work early for an all day meeting today. They had been predicting freezing rain for us today...thankfully it missed us. We have had rain, sleet and it is snowing now.

I didn't get Brunch as I thought getting my Skagway excursion was more important....ended up being able to get Palo Dinner. I'll try for brunch on board. :thumbsup2

Hi Monica! What did you end up booking? I booked the Best of Skagway, but was really torn between this and the Yukon Expedition or Suspension Bridge tour :confused:

I also booked the Classic Misty Fjords Flightseeing...not sure if I booked the best time for this one or not...I had a hard time choosing! It's too hard to make decisions at midnight when you've been up since early the previous morning :rolleyes:

I was able to get on for us a little after midnight last night and while the site was kinda slow and it was doing something VERY wonky with our saved activities list, I was able to get all our excursions booked by 12:30. We didn't even try for Palo on the Alaska portion of the trip because I already booked us a dinner on the repo and I am not certain that we really want/need two nights in Palo----we'll see onboard and maybe book another. We didn't want brunch...so no loss there.....I would def. do tea again, but we'll just see if we can book aboard. Jason isn't a huge fan of it, so if we miss it, we miss it. The only thing left to htink about is another spa treatment for the Alaska portion, but again I think we'll book that onboard. (And, apparently, we still have to book the excursion we want in Vancouver aboard, too....because Vancouver excursions don't show up as options for either the Repo or the Alaska cruise :confused3).

(And, apparently, we still have to book the excursion we want in Vancouver aboard, too....because Vancouver excursions don't show up as options for either the Repo or the Alaska cruise :confused3).

I would love to know too if we will be able to book Vancouver excursions onboard, or if this option will only be available to those that book their post cruise hotel through DCL :confused3

I would love to know too if we will be able to book Vancouver excursions onboard, or if this option will only be available to those that book their post cruise through DCL :confused3

Well we are B2B, so we have a day in Vancouver between cruises where we will get off in the morning and then get back on....so we were hoping to do a Vancouver excursion on that day...but aren't entirely clear on how we go about booking it.

I think Palo tea is a great time to visit with DIS friends! After all...that is what TEA TIME is all about! :lmao: (besides, you eat with your family the rest of the time)

Well we are B2B, so we have a day in Vancouver between cruises where we will get off in the morning and then get back on....so we were hoping to do a Vancouver excursion on that day...but aren't entirely clear on how we go about booking it.

More planning for me today. DCL Rep said that the Vancouver excursions are available only to those Guests who booked a pre- or post-hotel stay. They are not offered to those of us on a B2B. Looks like we are on our own.

Randall

:rainbow:

More planning for me today. DCL Rep said that the Vancouver excursions are available only to those Guests who booked a pre- or post-hotel stay. They are not offered to those of us on a B2B. Looks like we are on our own.

Randall

:rainbow:

except the one that we want to do is actually marked as "onboard booking only" and the description says that the excursion starts and stops at the port....so I'm thinking that excursion would be perfect for those of us on B2B...so I'm going to hold out hope that they will let us book onboard once we're on the ship (on the recent Med and WBTA they did that for some of the Barcelona excursions).

We don't know how to do that either.
I have a feeling it's not going to be available to book thru DCL and we'll have to figure something out on our own. *pout*

Just read your recent post- which excursion was that? It sounds like you might be right... but... if it's onboard booking only do they mean once onboard for the 5/3 cruise? Meaning that's for only the day at the END of the Alaska cruises and not in between the repo and first Alaska cruise? :confused3

Oh btw- does anyone have a gif that I can use in my sig that is for both the 4/27 cruise and 5/3? If not, what gifs can we use for each one that you don't mind me borrowing for a bit? LOL I don't know how to make those on my own, I'm so used to someone else making them for each cruise. :lmao: Help a gal out?

am I on the FE list for both 4/27 and 5/3 cruise?

And also we've been confirmed main dining for some time now. I believe we're still listed on the roster as late dining.... does that matter? IDK. LOL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter